PDA

View Full Version : I officially won this game.

Pages : [1] 2

Sux0r
7th February 2010, 12:13 AM
Strike Action 3,733,510,449 Ranked #2
Defensive Action 2,373,179,215 Ranked #6
Spy Rating 12,051,658,050 Ranked #1
Sentry Rating 26,160,016,606 Ranked #1

KaB
7th February 2010, 12:14 AM
true and you stold my golds

Tapchou
7th February 2010, 12:14 AM
Well done @ #1.

Sux0r
7th February 2010, 12:19 AM
true and you stold my golds

sorry, but i attacked everyone in the top! :<

12 minutes ago Uther-The-King-Of-Paladins 31,986,038 Gold stolen 167 176 1,705,250,481 2,437,052,686
12 minutes ago Lady_Rowan 57,600,668 Gold stolen 795 110 1,152,583,450 2,354,817,994
33 minutes ago source-RF 21,944,765 Gold stolen 357 339 2,095,050,773 2,888,205,621
34 minutes ago TheGodFather_LaCN 91,790,686 Gold stolen 225 342 1,607,259,208 1,847,463,306
34 minutes ago SweetRevenge 15,037,617 Gold stolen 18 39 155,455,203 1,734,520,316
35 minutes ago Uther-The-King-Of-Paladins 89,932,429 Gold stolen 149 234 1,674,906,232 2,265,422,438
35 minutes ago PrOdIgY 1,455,357 Gold stolen 244 359 1,429,272,702 1,748,117,224

dohh
7th February 2010, 12:31 AM
grats tfe on #1 and #5

Shane-
7th February 2010, 12:32 AM
Congraz

ArxSerpens
7th February 2010, 12:41 AM
Wolves!
You gained 6 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 628 times)

Halflings!
You gained 8 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 315 times)

Gnomes!
You gained 6 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 1299 times)

Ogres!
You gained 6 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 1008 times)

Goblins!
You gained 5 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 24306 times)

Wraiths!
You gained 5 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 4653 times)

Giants!
You gained 5 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 3549 times)

Wizards!
You gained 5 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 10367 times)

Awesome eh?

iShane-10 ftw!

Sux0r
7th February 2010, 12:42 AM
pfff screw you i only had about 8k

Baigo
7th February 2010, 12:44 AM
Guess this is a lesson for Rocco.

chaser1
7th February 2010, 12:58 AM
You guys deliberately trying to destroy the game?

Dragon_Orb
7th February 2010, 01:00 AM
Guess this is a lesson for Rocco.Guess this is a lesson in stupidity. The same people who keep saying "oh the game isn't what it used to be and there's not enough people" go and pull this crap and help wreck it.

jog1
7th February 2010, 01:02 AM
Guess this is a lesson in stupidity. The same people who keep saying "oh the game isn't what it used to be and there's not enough people" go and pull this crap and help wreck it.

Rocco knew about the glitch though, and did nothing about it. And then you ban the people that know about the glitch what do you think will happen?

Dragon_Orb
7th February 2010, 01:03 AM
Rocco knew about the glitch though, and did nothing about it. And then you ban the people that know about the glitch what do you think will happen?Well if they feel the need to pull this sorta crap then i guess it shows thay're immature little a'holes, yeah? ;)

chaser1
7th February 2010, 01:05 AM
not cool guys. there are roughly 4k other people who want to enjoy the game. JUST because you got banned or are unhappy with the game... why destroy it for the rest of us? That's selfish and pretty low. This takes your frustrations out beyond the game.

MarriedToTheMob
7th February 2010, 01:07 AM
Most online games have security loopholes. It is up to the players to act with integrity and not exploit them.

If your life is so sad that you have to cheat in one of these games to feel good about yourself, then yes, congratulations.

DrunKnGoblin
7th February 2010, 01:07 AM
well if u report a bug and nothing is done about it, then they ban you and give u no reason or proof for banning you, I think a lot of the 4k players would do the same.
Well R.I.P Koc, dont know how they will fix this.
Cam

chaser1
7th February 2010, 01:23 AM
Why did that other thread about winning the age get closed? We were getting some good answers out of these guys.

ThomasA
7th February 2010, 01:31 AM
Why did that other thread about winning the age get closed? We were getting some good answers out of these guys.

It was closed to give me a chance to examine and deal with the posts that crossed the line, + I had several people pming me about it.

Ill reopen it, but everyone should familiarize themselves with the forum rules before posting. Infractions will be given out to those that cross the line.

If this thread causes too many problems it will get closed.

chaser1
7th February 2010, 01:37 AM
k thanks thomasA. I just feel that in this particular case, its important to see the responses.

SleepingDragon
7th February 2010, 01:40 AM
I'm not sure I understand what happened, but I'm guessing KoC is down because Rocco is fixing stuff?

Seneca
7th February 2010, 01:40 AM
You guys deliberately trying to destroy the game?

No way I think they just did that accidentily

well if u report a bug and nothing is done about it, then they ban you and give u no reason or proof for banning you, I think a lot of the 4k players would do the same.
Well R.I.P Koc, dont know how they will fix this.
Cam
Agree.

Lady_Rowan
7th February 2010, 01:42 AM
Argh... you stole my golds !!!

Emmm Im not too bothered tbh as it wasnt a bad amount and wanted rid of my DA mercs

Congrats on teh stats ... nice bug lol; and

where are you now? as you are showing as invalid

In fact..... where is KoC now as Im getting a 504 Gateway Time-out

chaser1
7th February 2010, 01:47 AM
This is the story that I know of. "Somebody" is using an exploit in the game to increase their attack turns to over 4 billion and giving themselves a ridiculous amount of gold. Two accounts were noticed doing this:
Sux0r and Ishane-10. They both went inactive after a gold rush appeared to occur against both accounts as they built up over billions in gold. Shortly after that, this thread started and the game went down. this is the story that Ive heard all over IRC.

powdered_donuts
7th February 2010, 01:55 AM
I'm hoping Rocco can do a rollback before these fake accounts with billions of gold came into play. This would seem the most simple solution I believe.

Vrasp
7th February 2010, 01:57 AM
WoooW...I missed the show :(

I hear there's going to be an encore.

jog1
7th February 2010, 01:57 AM
Can't only rollback, they need to fix the glitch lol.

powdered_donuts
7th February 2010, 02:03 AM
Can't only rollback, they need to fix the glitch lol.

Awe, we can't have a KOC Groundhogs day? :chairfall

dohh
7th February 2010, 02:08 AM
I'm hoping Rocco can do a rollback before these fake accounts with billions of gold came into play. This would seem the most simple solution I believe.

hopefully it will roll back the game all the way to age 12, tweak sabbing down and then let us have fun again... well, with a reset thrown in their somewhere ;)

3ddy
7th February 2010, 02:25 AM
this is classic
admins should learn from this
the more active players are the ones that keep the game going
if they point out a glitch then admins need to fix it
issue bans without giving valid reasons and those same active players will just get annoyed
those other 4k accounts are mostly fakes
what counts are the top maybe 300 players
and those are the ones that had a problem with these new changes to the game

oh
and i think i was #2 when the 504 appeared

Lopina
7th February 2010, 03:03 AM
I think a few IP bans should be made...

capkop
7th February 2010, 03:07 AM
I think a few IP bans should be made...I agree. This KoC vermin should be done away for forever.

ArxSerpens
7th February 2010, 03:15 AM
Lol, Srsly? IP ban for abusing one lil glitch? That same glitch was abused in beta, and happened a dozen or more times. Rocco knew of it, and ignored it. A few other things happened too, and well, boredom set in. Was the most fun I've had in KoC in ages, lol.

And, don't blame the exploit abusers for KoC dying, we were banned before the server even got slow. It was still quite fast when I was banned. It died after wards, when we weren't doing anything

Nasser
7th February 2010, 03:15 AM

Yah coz its very hard to change IPs ...

anyway well done guys , this was fun lol.

Seraph86
7th February 2010, 03:22 AM
Well hell........... KoC was my main sorce of time wasting for about a year now I don't fully get what happened, but this sucks I was actually doing not half bad. Granted I wasn't totally awesome or anything, but I was coming along. Please bring it back online :(

Danny
7th February 2010, 03:26 AM
GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Lopina
7th February 2010, 03:33 AM
Yah coz its very hard to change IPs ...

Hardware ban then ;)

Kill3rSam
7th February 2010, 03:36 AM
the more active players are the ones that keep the game going

issue bans without giving valid reasons and those same active players will just get annoyed

what counts are the top maybe 300 players
and those are the ones that had a problem with these new changes to the game

The game should verry much not be around what the top ranks want, if you don't like the game, quit, and the marjority of the players won't ever know, or ever care about it. And guess what, the game would be better of without your "top 300", who rarely do more then bitch anyway.

There are people who enjoy the game, the only problem is that they have no intrest in overshouting the crybabies. The fact that one spends more time in a game, should verry much not mean that person is more important to the game.

funny_bone83
7th February 2010, 03:37 AM
Hardware ban then ;)

I have a better idea, KOC ban then, might as well ban KOC from KOC, shut off the game, and call it history. let people play other game, or do something productive instead.

RoHaLoVeR
7th February 2010, 05:17 AM
Did other alliances than TFE abuse the bug?

Truewind
7th February 2010, 05:24 AM

2 accounts for sure did and were banned soon after, but people might have been abusing it during the age slowly and not been caught.

According to the exploiters, this bug was around since beta, so any alliance member could have used it up until now. It just wasn't noticed by the large community til today when people used it to the extreme and made billions of gold within an hour.

Seneca
7th February 2010, 05:25 AM
The game should verry much not be around what the top ranks want, if you don't like the game, quit, and the marjority of the players won't ever know, or ever care about it. And guess what, the game would be better of without your "top 300", who rarely do more then bitch anyway.

There are people who enjoy the game, the only problem is that they have no intrest in overshouting the crybabies. The fact that one spends more time in a game, should verry much not mean that person is more important to the game.

Stupidest post in this thread so far.

Top 300 are the only active players, if they don't listen to those and instead listen to the 0 people that like the changes KoC will die further.

If you think it won't work that way, check the member count over the ages, and see what happens if you don't listen to the active memberbase.
I'm not saying this should be a popularity contest, but if you want to keep people playing, at least listen to them, don't do everything they say, but don't change the things people like _all the time_

I think, seeing what seems to have caused this, this would be the least smart thing to do.

Semper.Fidelis
7th February 2010, 05:37 AM
Top 300 are the only active players, if they don't listen to those and instead listen to the 0 people that like the changes KoC will die further.

If you think it won't work that way, check the member count over the ages, and see what happens if you don't listen to the active memberbase.
I'm not saying this should be a popularity contest, but if you want to keep people playing, at least listen to them, don't do everything they say, but don't change the things people like _all the time_

I don't think the changes that the top300 dislike are the reason for the player drop, cause they aren't the ones who quit. The problem was discussed a gazillion times and imho the problem is rather the changes that require players to spend 2hrs+/day to be able and compete like the introduction of morale, clicking images alltogether instead of the old clicking links and most importantly player-made rules that erode the ingame-mechanics. Because the Thousands of players that quit were mainly people wanting to be able to have fun investing less then 2hrs/day...

Pinturicchio
7th February 2010, 05:45 AM
epic thread..

Rocco brought this upon himself in my mind. Disrespecting the core players for ages. Like the mods have been as well.

Danny
7th February 2010, 05:57 AM
Who gives a shit about disrespecting the core players, they shouldn't of exploited the glitch in the first place, there bound to get noticed, they should of reported it.

dohh
7th February 2010, 06:09 AM
Who gives a shit about disrespecting the core players, they shouldn't of exploited the glitch in the first place, there bound to get noticed, they should of reported it.

is this serious?

Seneca

Fucking retard, They did report it months ago. But if nothing gets fixed and you get banned for no reason after that, this happens.

Pj-

doh reported this shit 546784567465421541354654132454 seconds ago, could be one short tho

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT KTNXBAI

Tapchou
7th February 2010, 06:11 AM
is this serious?

It's srs!

ArxSerpens
7th February 2010, 06:12 AM
This glitch has been around a while. Rocco knew about it first or second day of beta at least, BRET was banned for it then. It happened about 6-12 more times over beta, and a couple times in this age so far. It still wasn't fixed.

3ddy
7th February 2010, 06:32 AM
Danny boy
go and read the rest of GUA crap
i am sure you will find a post of this glitch being reported
the only reason it is being fixed now is because a few guys made the extra effort to prove just how serious this glitch is/was
Slasher-X i would like to see how many new people you could get to play koc with the new changes
there are other games people could be playing
the ones that play koc are a select few
if you refuse to even take notice of the things that those select few say
then you are bound to run into problems

ShadowMajestic
7th February 2010, 07:03 AM
untill you get banned, just a matter of time =)

LordCounter
7th February 2010, 07:15 AM
i was gonna say good job until i realized you guys actually did this on a saturday night lol

Greek-Empire
7th February 2010, 07:44 AM
this age isnt fair for sure.
It isnt only the players who cheated with the glitch.
Admins must ban the players who attacked to this cheated accounts and won billions of gold.

ThomasA
7th February 2010, 07:47 AM
Admins must ban the players who attacked to this cheated accounts and won billions of gold.

Some accounts did not know what was happening and thought they were intercepting a sell.

Shane-
7th February 2010, 09:11 AM
Hardware ban then ;)

Yah, because that is possible...

Three accounts outside TFE used(And using) the bug right now that ain't banned yet

One account that used it last night wasn't TFE.

And; Greek-Empire is right, The admins/mods should remove the gold at least from the accounts, else the balance of the the game will be effected, as some people stole 4b+ from the logs I saw posted, some only 10-15m, And some amounts between 400m-1b. I think someone suggested a database back up of a few days ago, I'd assume responsible admins would keep backups (Saying that, I'd assume responsible admins would fix a bug reported to them 3 months ago)

Shane

Edit: ThomasA
It doesn't matter if the players thought it was a sell or not, The mods have since; being removing this type of gold from accounts as (As per word), its "tainted" and not a legit source of gold. Banning the slayers are wrong, But mods should go and remove the gold from each account.

Skorpz
7th February 2010, 09:16 AM
I think someone suggested a database back up of a few days ago, I'd assume responsible admins would keep backups (Saying that, I'd assume responsible admins would fix a bug reported to them 3 months ago)

Shane

database backup sucks for other players. it effects hounderds and houndreds of players that aint in any connection with this bullshit going on.

ThomasA
7th February 2010, 09:22 AM
Edit: ThomasA
It doesn't matter if the players thought it was a sell or not, The mods have since; being removing this type of gold from accounts as (As per word), its "tainted" and not a legit source of gold. Banning the slayers are wrong, But mods should go and remove the gold from each account.

you are right Shane, I was referring to it being unfair to ban them when they did not know what was going on.

BloodBullet
7th February 2010, 09:25 AM
how about the goldrushes? are they fair? lmao

Greek-Empire
7th February 2010, 09:51 AM
You are right Shane.Extra gold of this shitty hole must be deleted.
Many players took billions of gold and the fair players now have a disadvantage.
For example i saw today someone with a lot of sentry while a day ago he had normal sentry.I can say that many players took billions even if from the alliance i belong.Pity.
The bad is that we have an unfair age.Or back up the age before the glitch or reset the age.

Shane-
7th February 2010, 10:07 AM
database backup sucks for other players. it effects hounderds and houndreds of players that aint in any connection with this bullshit going on.

So; You suggest that every player that got a ton of gold due to in-game exploits keep the gold, and make the game unfair for those very same hundreds and thousands of players?...

4:04:11:pm] <~AutomaticCreations> Estimated value for: TheGodFather_LaCN - Invested: 4,172,750,000 Sell: 2,820,862,500 1 days ago.

(Old, I know)

But; Some players are worth as much, If not more than TGF, due to in-game exploits, And he is the biggest TBG account on battlefield, A simple 12 hour database backup is the simplest and easiest way to clean the mess up, sure it nulls 12 hours of players work, But the pros vs cons are outweighed.

The gold is tainted, and shouldn't be kept, So, A database backup, Or our lovely mods to go and remove the gold from each account by hand is the fairest thing to do, I'From -some- logs I saw, About 150+ accounts ended up getting this "free gold" from the three accounts currently caught, they is no telling the amount of accounts that are getting gold right now from the unbanned accounts. Its not fair on our mods if they have to go into logs hand by hand, Calc total value stole from exploits, find out which weapons they banked, and remove it all?....

Shane

KillerK
7th February 2010, 10:08 AM

That would be rather unfair. Why ban the innocent player that just thought he got lucky catching a sell? Remove the gold that they stole, an outright ban is a little too extreme in that case.

blazed420
7th February 2010, 10:12 AM
This game sucks now anyways. Ban everyone, end the Age, and start Age 14 in 24 hours.

There we go mods/Rocco, all fixed! No need to thank me ;)

Beddow
7th February 2010, 10:54 AM
+ rep if i could blazed, we should all just flood the glitch and move onto RoC when KoC dies in about 3 hours

Seneca
7th February 2010, 11:16 AM
[17:10:02] <Remco-> I need proof to ban you ?

Nuff said

blazed420
7th February 2010, 11:17 AM

Nuff said

So pretty much this means that everyone people used to call a cheater, isn't a cheater because the mods dont need proof or a reason to ban people.

Shane-
7th February 2010, 11:17 AM

Nuff said

Heh; To be fair; The bans from this thread were kind of legit, I guess that doesn't change the fact that Remco can ban who he wants, when he wants, with no proof, But that is a little unrelated to this thread, and it's nothing we didn't know already.

Shane

Seneca
7th February 2010, 11:19 AM
Heh; To be fair; The bans from this thread were kind of legit, I guess that doesn't change the fact that Remco can ban who he wants, when he wants, with no proof, But that is a little unrelated to this thread, and it's nothing we didn't know already.

Shane

The bans in this thread were legit, but that's not what he's talking about.
He's talking about the bans that happened before, when Shane's chain got banned.

Nasser
7th February 2010, 11:21 AM
We all knew the mods didn't care to find a proof for a ban. They just did it coz they want so.

capkop
7th February 2010, 11:30 AM
We all knew the mods didn't care to find a proof for a ban. They just did it coz they want so.They did it because those accs cheated, and not just a little of it. You dont believe in their innocence either so quit pretending to.

ThomasA
7th February 2010, 11:34 AM
The bans in this thread were legit, but that's not what he's talking about.
He's talking about the bans that happened before, when Shane's chain got banned.

Then its off topic, back to the topic.

RoHaLoVeR
7th February 2010, 11:34 AM
My personal opinion is that what the glitchers did (and are doing) is rather selfish, in the end, this is a free game and several people are putting a lot of time to try and make this game fun and fair for everyone, if you're not enjoying the game, nobody is forcing you to stay.

Now, it's already age 13, some people still want to play the KoC of age 7 or another age (I personally liked age 7 a lot too and don't like all of Rocco's changes), but times change, in real life, there's also a difference in how your life was when you were 12 or how your life is when you're 20, whether you like growing up or not, you have to adapt yourself and still enjoy things as much as you can (or if you refuse to adapt, at least don't hurt others with your actions).

I missed the goldrush and my spy rank went from rank 11 to rank 19 (I can live with that), but now I can't slay properly either to increase my spy again because the glitchers keep attacking the servers giving us "504 Gateway time-out" all the time.

In the end, both the glitchers and Rocco handled wrong, and it are the fair players that will take the most damage in this.

Shane-
7th February 2010, 11:36 AM
It's not the "glitches" attacking the server.

Shane

RoHaLoVeR
7th February 2010, 11:44 AM
It's not the "glitches" attacking the server.

Shane

What I heard so far:

<Final_Showtime> Anyway so Remco-, when we get 504 error is it because the server is down by the admins or by the glitchers?
<&Remco-> glitchers

"they are flooding the server with page requests, that is how you get a gateway time out"

the_hitman_9
7th February 2010, 11:47 AM
Can we even know what the glitch is about ? what does it do not how u do it lol. And how come it is so hard to fix for the admins ? :/
I have a solution : Remove conquests since it seems its related to that.

Shane-
7th February 2010, 11:49 AM
Remco has no access to the server to review any logs at all in terms of the server problems, as well as the fact said "glitchers" said it isn't down to them.

Remco is attempting to hold said "glitches" responsible for the game having issues, Why?... because its always fun to blame someone

Shane

Edit: Ohm - A detailed report was sent to Rocco about it in the beta, a long with a few other bugs, Maybe if he didn't fix the turn glitch, He ain't fixed the other bugs found?...

This can be fixed with one line of Sql, and as it was reported to Rocco the first day of age 13 beta, I'm surprised he was unwilling to fix such a simple bug when at least two people gave him the code to use.

Sux0r
7th February 2010, 12:00 PM
Hardware ban then ;)

even harder to change mac address LOL

enjoy banning about 100 actively playing people

Lopina
7th February 2010, 12:02 PM
even harder to change mac address LOL

Actually, it's the serial numbers of all hard drives, not MAC addresses...

chaser1
7th February 2010, 12:08 PM
Banning serial numbers? Dunno how you could ban serial numbers of HDD across the internet.

Network traffic works on 4 levels (7 if you want to get technical) MAC and IP are the only two that can be blocked unless you want to count the Denial of Service tactic, which is what seems to be going on with the server. A certain auto-conquest script was what I heard was causing the integer overflow.

Shane-
7th February 2010, 12:11 PM
chaser1,

The MAC can't be blocked unless its on the same local network; Hence the admins have no way to detect said users mac, You should know that yourself?....

And my prev post explains the int overflow is in attack.php, not conquest.php

Shane

Pauly_D
7th February 2010, 12:12 PM
MNow, it's already age 13, some people still want to play the KoC of age 7 or another age (I personally liked age 7 a lot too and don't like all of Rocco's changes), but times change, in real life, there's also a difference in how your life was when you were 12 or how your life is when you're 20, whether you like growing up or not, you have to adapt yourself and still enjoy things as much as you can

i would have thought as a Rocco was developing the game he would aim to improve the game and each change would be an attempt to improve the game and improve fairness between players.
Most of Rocco's changes seem to be adding things or changing things for the hell of it. And some things were added so people got used to them then taken away which annoyed people.
Rocco really needed to have stopped making drastic changes a long time ago and when changes were made implement them slowly and 1 change at a time

Sventjuh130
7th February 2010, 12:24 PM
Maybe it's better to stop the game forever.

It seems the most players playing the game are those that whine about every little change, eventhough they're actually the most addicted ones. Best remedy for them to move on with life (get a job, go study how ur supposed to study, move to another game, or whatever) is close the game for good (although this might cause some suicides, i'm afraid).

Even with glitches and ignorant admins you do not deserve the right to abuse a glitch. How fcked up you may think this is.

powdered_donuts
7th February 2010, 12:28 PM
sven has it about right, this game has become a depressent, koc made it far

just let it go

the_hitman_9
7th February 2010, 12:32 PM
Banning serial numbers? Dunno how you could ban serial numbers of HDD across the internet.

Network traffic works on 4 levels (7 if you want to get technical) MAC and IP are the only two that can be blocked unless you want to count the Denial of Service tactic, which is what seems to be going on with the server. A certain auto-conquest script was what I heard was causing the integer overflow.

Auto-conquest script ? i knew it would be useful eventually :woot:!

No but srsly, is Rocco working on fixing this glitch or has he not realized he should yet ?

Those that are whining about people using the glitch instead of whining about fixing it should get their head straight. If there's a glitch someone will discover it and abuse it. You can't count on the moral virtue of 5k+ players ( 200 active ones ) , you should get the glitch fixed.

chaser1
7th February 2010, 12:39 PM
correct, but I was expressing that a vague lesson in network communications. The idea is that HDD banning sounds rather far-fetched. So, you tried this attack.php exploit?

Shane-
7th February 2010, 12:44 PM
chaser1;

I personally haven't tried it, I ain't got an account, remember, Although I've watched other people do it, and get the turns, It apparently took a little trail and error (5-6 attempts) to get it to fire, and then worked three times in a row.

Now; Once someone has 4.2b turns, It's a simple case of using conquest to generate gold, Seeing as Giants produce 500k - 1.5m gold per hit,And Wizards product 1.5m - 7.5m gold per hit.

The above is at least how I heard it happened, And logically speaking; as that is how the bug was abused in the first day of the beta, it seems right to assume it was abused the same way again, three months after being reported.

Shane

lostmetallica
7th February 2010, 12:47 PM
Only thing to be said: Glitch was noted in the BETA... and not fixed. If you don't fix bugs, they're still there... amazing eh?

xAre
7th February 2010, 01:07 PM
Someone needs to learn how to set up their SQL tables.
Great success.

SpiderWoman
7th February 2010, 01:45 PM
I would like to see Rocco restore the game to what it was before they exploited the glitch.

Pinturicchio
7th February 2010, 02:00 PM

I would like to see Rocco restore the game to what it was before they exploited the glitch.

Id like Rocco to restore the age to another age....

nirvanaisking
7th February 2010, 02:11 PM
Why did all this epic fun have to happen on Saturday night when I was too drunk to understand what was going on?

Wulfric
7th February 2010, 10:32 PM
Perhaps that the reason why game was just going down every now and then? Due to enormous number of conquests per minute which server could not handle?

Seneca
8th February 2010, 12:32 AM
Perhaps that the reason why game was just going down every now and then? Due to enormous number of conquests per minute which server could not handle?

Likely, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Screwdriver_LaCN
8th February 2010, 12:38 AM
This doesnt look like so many conquests:

Conquests 12,856
I guess the problem is fixed?Or just some people got bored? :D

ArxSerpens
8th February 2010, 06:49 AM
The Conquest counter is either
A: Broken
B: Never worked in the first place
C: Unable to display millions

Im betting on A/B, but it definataly is not correct.

A bit after your post:
You stole 57,187 gold from the Wraiths!

You gained 5 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 13391 times)

Thats more on a single conq than main page shows total.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 07:53 AM
The Conquest counter is either
A: Broken
B: Never worked in the first place
C: Unable to display millions

Im betting on A/B, but it definataly is not correct.

A bit after your post:
You stole 57,187 gold from the Wraiths!

You gained 5 experience from this conquest! (You have completed this conquest 13391 times)

Thats more on a single conq than main page shows total.

Please keep in mind that the main page just shows the last 24 hours worth of conquests. So, unless you are saying that the you managed to do all those conquests in the last 24 hours, that doesn't neccessarily prove anything. (although I do agree with you that there is probably something wrong with the conquest counter)

ArxSerpens
8th February 2010, 08:25 AM
Erm, In the course of the day, I think I completed about 120k or more conquests.

iShane-10 46,125 Conquests
iTryAgain Approx 30k
Mfn-GanjaHero Approx 2k
HowYoouuuDoin Approx 35k

Lol.

cowboy_from_hell
8th February 2010, 09:52 AM
So I take this glitch still hasn't been fixed?

LordCounter
8th February 2010, 11:25 AM
nop and the gold that has been stolen from the accounts that generated gold out of a bug hasnt been removed either.

you'd think rocco puts some effort into fixing his game lol

Wulfric
8th February 2010, 12:02 PM
Has Rocco showed up yet?

KillerK
8th February 2010, 12:22 PM
Ermm, where did rank 10 go? o.O

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1913/rankingv.jpg

Shane-
8th February 2010, 12:29 PM
Ermm, where did rank 10 go? o.O

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1913/rankingv.jpg

Mon (censored word) 13:27:56(censored word) You have been suspended for You're suspended until admins fix your account. TBG Money / Turns lost due to the suspension will be credited.. Your account will be re-enabled in 6 days, 23 hours, 41 minutes and 49 seconds.

Apparently, Accounts are being suspended and having gold removed, #10 was maelst0rm guy

*High Fives Fair Mods*

Shane

Edit:
TBG Money / Turns lost due to the suspension will be credited..
Thats like, A free autobuyer?... - Maybe they ain't as unfair as I thought?

MarriedToTheMob
8th February 2010, 12:30 PM
One of my officers is gone too, and some others that attacked these accounts. Hopefully Rocco is just removing the weapons they gained from the illegitimate gold.. Banning them would be the worst decision possible.

Edit: After reading Shane's post, I think that suspension isn't really fair either. Some people did not know this was an exploit when they attacked. just taking the gold away would be most fair.

Vrasp
8th February 2010, 12:47 PM
Mon (censored word) 13:27:56(censored word) You have been suspended for You're suspended until admins fix your account. TBG Money / Turns lost due to the suspension will be credited.. Your account will be re-enabled in 6 days, 23 hours, 41 minutes and 49 seconds.

Apparently, Accounts are being suspended and having gold removed, #10 was maelst0rm guy

*High Fives Fair Mods*

Shane

Edit:

lol @ "we're taking this illegitimate gold, and then we're going to give you all the gold you missed out on while you were banned, even though you may have lost some of it"

Semper.Fidelis
8th February 2010, 12:53 PM
It is impossible to rescue this age. The accounts making billions with the exploit were hit while conquesting too. And those that took the sells held/slayed more gold then they would have w/o the sells and so forth. Just end it fix the bug and start new.

MarriedToTheMob
8th February 2010, 01:51 PM
It is impossible to rescue this age. The accounts making billions with the exploit were hit while conquesting too. And those that took the sells held/slayed more gold then they would have w/o the sells and so forth. Just end it fix the bug and start new.

Those that were suspended are going to lose much more from not having any growth during the time they are suspended. Especially those that were in the top 20 will not be able to catch up to where they were previously.

And besides, if they started the age again I think a lot of people would be frustrated and quit.

Orhan_knight
8th February 2010, 01:53 PM
Agree koc has become even more inactive now with all these people getting banned,suspended.

Also the gold that was stolen during that gold rush,its not fair to bann those players that thought they were catching sells,but oh what the heck give them 6 days of tbg!Its not like any of that would be stolen isnt it?

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 01:59 PM

*High Fives Fair Mods*

Shane

Edit:

If they get the gold back, does that mean that someone will most likely be watching their account stats id, ready to attack them the moment their account is restored?

Nasser
8th February 2010, 02:02 PM
If they get the gold back, does that mean that someone will most likely be watching their account stats id, ready to attack them the moment their account is restored?

no they get credited the gold in form of weapons in some stat.

Barren
8th February 2010, 02:02 PM
how about not being able to attack for 7 days when you rely on attacking for the rank you had .... yeahhhhhhhh =/. There goes all the bigger targets who are going to get out of range now :P.

Nasser
8th February 2010, 02:06 PM
Easy solution is , end the age --> start new one like Age12's rules with limitation on how much one can be sabbed per day , cheap UP. without all these new dumb changes.
( I am thinking out loud , but hey , Rocco didn't listen to players suggestions about changes - let alone such move ).

Lol its not really a loss to stop this age , the amount of inactivity is huge in this age.

jog1
8th February 2010, 02:07 PM
Stop with the omg they get TBG for free.

The slayers lose a lot of gold since they can't slay during that time and the big tff lose a lot of growth. I'd rather lose 10 hours of gold a day then get suspended for a couple of days and lose that growth.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 02:08 PM
Stop with the omg they get TBG for free.

The slayers lose a lot of gold since they can't slay during that time and the big tff lose a lot of growth. I'd rather lose 10 hours of gold a day then get suspended for a couple of days and lose that growth.

Well, I suppose it depends on how well the people were banking their accounts and if they are slaying targets. I mean, if you were losing massive amounts of tbg every day and you were stockpiling your turns, maybe it wasn't such a bad thing. In any case, we shall see. If they lost their tbg and turns, these bans really would be crippling at this stage of the age.

Barren
8th February 2010, 02:14 PM
Remco is the one who suspended all the accounts... The mods cant take away the stats or gold so now we have to wait till Rocco gets active and fixes each account. So who knows how long that will take.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 03:32 PM
Remco is the one who suspended all the accounts... The mods cant take away the stats or gold so now we have to wait till Rocco gets active and fixes each account. So who knows how long that will take.

speaking of rocco being gone for a long time. I sent him a couple emails a couple weeks ago, and he has yet to reply. So, maybe he decided to give up on KoC or something.

Semper.Fidelis
8th February 2010, 03:33 PM
It's amusing how ALL the accounts who stole exploit-related gold ofc did so w/o even the faintest idea it was exploit gold. yeah right, get real. All they lose is the gold they can't slay when actually those who knew should be banned permanently.

Baigo
8th February 2010, 03:38 PM
Many accounts got benefited by the gold rush these accounts caused, and yet that gold wont be reverted =)

Semper.Fidelis
8th February 2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah because a using turns in a legit attack after a server breakdown (regardless of what caused it) is the same as stealing gold you knew or suspected to be gold gained by cheating/exploiting...

Sventjuh130
8th February 2010, 03:49 PM
speaking of rocco being gone for a long time. I sent him a couple emails a couple weeks ago, and he has yet to reply. So, maybe he decided to give up on KoC or something.

That would be so freakin' cool, lol. Everyone crying out loud here about "change this, do that, stop the age blablabla", while rocco is chilling in the sun drinkin' a beer thinking: w00t, I made some cash with KoC, just because of those whiners "clicking" my adds. They paid my holiday, I <3 'em.

xAre
8th February 2010, 03:52 PM
I lol'd at the mod that suspended my AA then left me alone to cheat for a few hours.
Thanks, it was a pure delight.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 03:53 PM
I lol'd at the mod that suspended my AA then left me alone to cheat for a few hours.
Thanks, it was a pure delight.

would you care to explain?

We don't have AAs these days.

MarriedToTheMob
8th February 2010, 03:59 PM
It's amusing how ALL the accounts who stole exploit-related gold ofc did so w/o even the faintest idea it was exploit gold. yeah right, get real. All they lose is the gold they can't slay when actually those who knew should be banned permanently.

How do you propose we determine who knew and who didn't? If someone sent you a link and the account had 500 mil wouldn't you attack without hesitation?

As long as they were not working in cahoots with the exploiters, attacking these accounts is a gray area at worst.

xAre
8th February 2010, 04:01 PM
would you care to explain?

We don't have AAs these days.

It still said "AA SUSPENDED".

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 04:02 PM
It still said "AA SUSPENDED".

Do you know if rocco is aware of the bug?

xAre
8th February 2010, 04:02 PM
Do you know if rocco is aware of the bug?

He should be, even i emailed him about it.
And I don't even play, I just make accounts to abuse bugs.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 04:04 PM
He should be, even i emailed him about it.
And I don't even play, I just make accounts to abuse bugs.

Ok. Well, he hasn't replied to my one email, so im not even sure if he reads those these days.

And, how buggy is this game?

I mean, it works reasonably well, and i don't have much problem attacking and reconning and sabbing players.

Pauly_D
8th February 2010, 04:09 PM
I mean, it works reasonably well, and i don't have much problem attacking and reconning and sabbing players.

i do, i kept trying to raid someone but it was using 150 turns instead

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 04:11 PM
i do, i kept trying to raid someone but it was using 150 turns instead

seriously? That sucks.

Did you ask the mods about it? Are they going to give you your turns back or anything?

And it doesn't do that for me. Are you using any greasemonkey scripts that could possibly shift where things are spaced on the page?

Because, i could see last moment page shifting throwing you off.

Mudvayne
8th February 2010, 04:40 PM
This game sucks now anyways. Ban everyone, end the Age, and start Age 14 in 24 hours.

There we go mods/Rocco, all fixed! No need to thank me ;)

Agree.

And Bloo I don't know if you speak for 90% of KoC but I sure as hell agree with you.

Pauly_D
8th February 2010, 04:51 PM
seriously? That sucks.

Did you ask the mods about it? Are they going to give you your turns back or anything?

And it doesn't do that for me. Are you using any greasemonkey scripts that could possibly shift where things are spaced on the page?

Because, i could see last moment page shifting throwing you off.

no i dont use suitcase or anything, tbh i dont really care about my turns im not playing seriously, im only sticking around to give my commander a bit of a bonus and mass people when i feel like it

Bloo
8th February 2010, 05:02 PM
Agree.

And Bloo I don't know if you speak for 90% of KoC but I sure as hell agree with you.

Shame I agreed with me too, until my post was deleted. I guess I shouldn't abuse Shane and his little gang so much. I think they are sore that Rocco ignores them. Something to do with their childhood perhaps.

Anyway, the problem is that Rocco does this in his spare time. Expect him to give up if this shit continues as it will reach a point when it isn't worth his time. And when that happens and your looking for people to blame you know where to point the finger and it won't be at Rocco.

Sux0r
8th February 2010, 05:05 PM
Please keep in mind that the main page just shows the last 24 hours worth of conquests. So, unless you are saying that the you managed to do all those conquests in the last 24 hours, that doesn't neccessarily prove anything. (although I do agree with you that there is probably something wrong with the conquest counter)

I had done 35k before i left for school.

Pauly_D
8th February 2010, 05:06 PM
Bloo is correct, Rocco does this in his spare time, i dont know how much money the game is currently bringing in for him, im guessing enough for him not to say fuck it and just pull the plug but not enough to care much about it. The problem is when everyone just wants to complain about things is it probably gets all too much and he'll go away for a while and wont bother. What im saying is someone needs to tell him what needs to be changed but he wont listen to any of us

Semper.Fidelis
8th February 2010, 05:29 PM
How do you propose we determine who knew and who didn't? If someone sent you a link and the account had 500 mil wouldn't you attack without hesitation?

As long as they were not working in cahoots with the exploiters, attacking these accounts is a gray area at worst.

I watched an account gaining millions of gold/s today and I didn't attack him once nor did I encourage anyone else to do so. I reported said account and that's that. Cheating is for pathetic clowns. Any achievement that is built on cheating is meaningless to me.

Do you really think, say Scooter, had no idea the gold he stole from, say Sadi, was exploit-gold? Do you honestly think inchain sells were taken w/o both parties being fully aware of what was going on. Because I don't. So tell me how many sells the size of LaCN main did you intercept from an account you never heard of before? That's what I thought...
Unaware my ass...

ArxSerpens
8th February 2010, 05:33 PM
There was no announcement made in our chans or anything about the exploit. No one was warned to be ready. And Scott didn't hit me at all. He did hit Sux0r though I believe.

Personal record: 1.1m turns used, 110k+ conquests done. Lol. that was in a 14 hr period. And if people didn't blind hit me, the gold wouldn't have been released that time. I wanted the 20k UP for 93 billion.

SleepingDragon
8th February 2010, 05:39 PM
What im saying is someone needs to tell him what needs to be changed but he wont listen to any of us

Wouldn't there be a concern over owning certain ideas? Or contributing the part of some code or something to the site which makes Rocco owe the person something? KoC has never asked for money, so maybe this is what we get for a free product.

Sixix
8th February 2010, 05:42 PM
Shame I agreed with me too, until my post was deleted. I guess I shouldn't abuse Shane and his little gang so much. I think they are sore that Rocco ignores them. Something to do with their childhood perhaps.

Anyway, the problem is that Rocco does this in his spare time. Expect him to give up if this shit continues as it will reach a point when it isn't worth his time. And when that happens and your looking for people to blame you know where to point the finger and it won't be at Rocco.good point. i agree with your prior post, apart from the flaming. they should ban these people sabotaging the game also on the koc part of the gua forum. all they want is attention :)

simply move on ;)

Barren
8th February 2010, 07:41 PM
I watched an account gaining millions of gold/s today and I didn't attack him once nor did I encourage anyone else to do so. I reported said account and that's that. Cheating is for pathetic clowns. Any achievement that is built on cheating is meaningless to me.

Do you really think, say Scooter, had no idea the gold he stole from, say Sadi, was exploit-gold? Do you honestly think inchain sells were taken w/o both parties being fully aware of what was going on. Because I don't. So tell me how many sells the size of LaCN main did you intercept from an account you never heard of before? That's what I thought...
Unaware my ass...

Yes you saw it happen today.... after you already knew that there was a glitch being exploited. What about if you saw it happen the first time that it occurred and assumed it was a sell off being received or being given or something along those lines? You like anyone else would attack it right away.... And then want to kick yourself in the ass after you later recon and realize the guy has 4 billion turns and something odd is going on as more and more gold keeps building up...

FinalShowtime
8th February 2010, 08:16 PM
The one who won this game is definetly the failing administration:

Sample calculations:

My growth : 30k soldiers per day.

On the first day, Gold loss: 43 200 000
Second day, Gold loss: 86 400 000
Third day, Gold loss: 129 600 000
Fourth day, Gold loss: 172 800 000
Fifth day, Gold loss: 216 000 000
Sixth day, Gold loss: 259 200 000
Seventh day, Gold loss: 302 400 000

Total Gold loss for suspension:1 166 443 200 Gold
(Calculation based on :

i.e: First day : 30 000 ( 1 gold per soldier) *60 (# of mins) *24(#of hours) = 43 200 000

Second day: 60 000 ....etc)

BUT THAT IS NOT ALL!

Suppose the suspension last a day:

I lost 43 200 000 per day remaining of the age, knowing there is about 5 month remaining, that is approximatly 150 days:

Loss if 1 day : 6 480 000 000 Gold Loss
Loss if 2 days:12 960 000 000 Gold loss
Loss if 3 days:19 440 000 000 Gold loss
... etc

Did I stole 6 480 000 000 (lets take the less worst scenario) to iCheat? The answer is no.

I took about a bil, therefore, KoC owes me a minimum of 5 480 000 000 gold when they unban my account or else they would be giving a HUGE advantage to the other players around.

Sincerely yours,
Comment.
FinalShowtime
Game name: Final_Showtime
Race: Dwarves

Kill3rSam
8th February 2010, 08:38 PM
your calculation is way off, you no way manage to bank 100%.

and : most people like vacation !

FinalShowtime
8th February 2010, 08:39 PM
It is not way off considering I am training all my soldiers and that I buy mercenaries.

What are you talking about?

Banking or not banking is not the point, it is the gold I would actually ''be able to have''.

Considering that I'm very active, I cannot bank for about 5 hours per day...

Pauly_D
8th February 2010, 08:48 PM
Considering that I'm very active, I cannot bank for about 5 hours per day...

well then my only advice is use your suspended time to get some sleep, if you only dont bank for 5 hours a day then im guessing you need some!

FinalShowtime
8th February 2010, 08:49 PM
Sleeping is for weak people.

But that is not the point.

KoC owes me gold if it wants to render justice in the game.I just did the math proof.

Vrasp
8th February 2010, 09:02 PM

KoC owes me gold if it wants to render justice in the game.I just did the math proof.

That's not really proof and your argument is silly. They wouldn't owe you 5billion "when they unban your account" by your calculations either way; they'd owe it periodically over the course of the age.

If you want to go that route it'd be easier just to say "they owe me x soldiers and y gold" or whatever.

FinalShowtime
8th February 2010, 09:04 PM
I understand that not everyone is mathematically gifted, therefore I won't bother re-explaining to you. (Maybe if you went to highschool you would have understood my point).

They don't owe it periodically, they suspended for Gold we took, but they take Gold from us doing so. It's like Robin Hood Reversed.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 09:58 PM
I understand that not everyone is mathematically gifted, therefore I won't bother re-explaining to you. (Maybe if you went to highschool you would have understood my point).

They don't owe it periodically, they suspended for Gold we took, but they take Gold from us doing so. It's like Robin Hood Reversed.

As whatever you did to earn 30k growth a day stopped when your ban was set into effect, you are no longer entitled to that growth. As such, you cannot account for that growth in your calculations.

Additionally, its the moderators and admins right to suspend your account, without compensation, for no reason or just because they think its funny to screw with you. If you recall, you agreed to this when you signed up and created an account, and you implicitly agree every time you log in.

SleepingDragon
8th February 2010, 11:24 PM
What I am most curious about is the lack of expert planning if this was indeed an attack made to cause trouble for KoC...

If it was really malicious, the accounts would have farmed everyone after "glitching" then sabbed everyone so that 1) the gold they receive is tainted 2) anyone that hit them for gold gets tainted gold 3) any gold they sab from others is "illegally sabbed" gold...basically, they could have really screwed over all the active accounts in the game if they wanted to, right?

Seneca
9th February 2010, 12:18 AM
What I am most curious about is the lack of expert planning if this was indeed an attack made to cause trouble for KoC...

If it was really malicious, the accounts would have farmed everyone after "glitching" then sabbed everyone so that 1) the gold they receive is tainted 2) anyone that hit them for gold gets tainted gold 3) any gold they sab from others is "illegally sabbed" gold...basically, they could have really screwed over all the active accounts in the game if they wanted to, right?
It wasn't malicious. Just a few guys having fun and proving a point

UMIST
9th February 2010, 01:01 AM

mate calm down. It is only a game. U are not the only person to get suspended

dohh
9th February 2010, 01:53 AM

cry more :banghead:

Shane-
9th February 2010, 01:55 AM

From what I understand; As Seneca said; The point of the excise was to cause -a bit of chaos- in the game, To prove a point that the admins should be active...

It was to prove to the admins they can't sit back, be lazy and relied on mods...

It was to prove to the admins they should listen to us players, specially when the players report bugs, The admins can't expect to run a beta, and listen to 100% no feedback from users, in regards to game play, and security exploits.

That is why this time, Only one bug was abused, We've all seen KoC bugs, illkey and that nasty xss exploit (That xss exploit was reported to Rocco 1 month before it got made public and exploited).... I guess one could say that, If Rocco is reluctant to fix his game, then the level of these "attacks" will increase?....

The point wasn't to screw with the game as you've shown, they could've done a lot more, or abused a few other bugs (Which also got reported in beta, and not fixed....) to do real damage to accounts, Now that the word is spreading about how the turn bug is used, I would expect more and more people will be glitching, this is also a point where it starts to get out of control... Three months is more than enough time for Rocco to issue one line of code (Yes, One line will fix it), the recent demonstration of a minor bug has shown what can be done if Rocco won't fix his game, It will be interesting to watch; what next these evil cheating scumbags have up their sleeve.... From casually observing it looks to me as if they've already moving onto another minor bug...

Time will tell if they finally get sick of waiting, and start using others?...

I'd suggest people to email Rocco@kingsofchaos.com in an attempt to get his attention, as this really needs to be put under control?.....

Shane

Vrasp
9th February 2010, 02:06 AM
I lost 43 200 000 per day remaining of the age, knowing there is about 5 month remaining, that is approximatly 150 days:

Loss if 1 day : 6 480 000 000 Gold Loss
Loss if 2 days:12 960 000 000 Gold loss
Loss if 3 days:19 440 000 000 Gold loss
... etc

Did I stole 6 480 000 000 (lets take the less worst scenario) to iCheat? The answer is no.

I took about a bil, therefore, KoC owes me a minimum of 5 480 000 000 gold

Your post clearly states that over the course of 5 months you would receive 6.4b gold. You later express your belief that they should give you all 6.4b of this gold as soon as your account is unbanned. This is silly and unrealistic, because your whole reasoning for needing such an extravagant amount of gold is because it'd take you all age to get that amount. I understand that you are not logically gifted, so after this post I will no longer try to explain my reasoning to you (maybe if you had a brain you would have understood my point).

P.S. Please do not give me an infraction.

jog1
9th February 2010, 02:33 AM
Your post clearly states that over the course of 5 months you would receive 6.4b gold. You later express your belief that they should give you all 6.4b of this gold as soon as your account is unbanned. This is silly and unrealistic, because your whole reasoning for needing such an extravagant amount of gold is because it'd take you all age to get that amount. I understand that you are not logically gifted, so after this post I will no longer try to explain my reasoning to you (maybe if you had a brain you would have understood my point).

P.S. Please do not give me an infraction.

I don't recall him saying he wanted the gold as soon as his account comes back from suspension.

Vrasp
9th February 2010, 02:53 AM
I don't recall him saying he wanted the gold as soon as his account comes back from suspension.

I took about a bil, therefore, KoC owes me a minimum of 5 480 000 000 gold when they unban my account or else they would be giving a HUGE advantage to the other players around.

See it now? ;-)

Bryan
9th February 2010, 04:28 AM

6.4b is not in any means an extravagant amount of gold. Most of the top account at the end of the age will have 100x + that.

Its unrealistic to say "hey we are suspending you for taking Y" and then you in turn lose Y x 10 when in MOST cases, the people who hit the accounts didn't know it was bad gold

Now, the admins cant just give the entire TBG to the players who were suspended, because, well, that means they just had a week they didn't have to play, and still got to keep 100% of their TBG, where most o koc keeps between 50-75% of it.

So, right now, the admin(s) are stuck between 2 equally tough positions

Semper.Fidelis
9th February 2010, 04:52 AM
Yes you saw it happen today.... after you already knew that there was a glitch being exploited. What about if you saw it happen the first time that it occurred and assumed it was a sell off being received or being given or something along those lines? You like anyone else would attack it right away.... And then want to kick yourself in the ass after you later recon and realize the guy has 4 billion turns and something odd is going on as more and more gold keeps building up...So I guess you msg'd a mod/admin about it. In that case I'd say honest mistake could happen to anyone unless it was like a 20b sell when no main was worth 10b then I'll stick to unware my ass. Anyways, You should lose 100% of the gold you took and get the turns back the same day and don't get suspendend. If you didn't tell anyone and just hoped they wouldn't find out suspension is the penality for that. And if you knew a ban should be the penality for that.

I took about a bil, therefore, KoC owes me a minimum of 5 480 000 000 gold when they unban my account or else they would be giving a HUGE advantage to the other players around.So you hit an account called icheat and stole 1b, keeping the tff difference in mind, how much did he hold? 50b? And you were totally unaware he cheated? Also what did you do with the gold? Bank it in Broken sticks? Cause f you used it to buy SA/Spy that helped you to slay more gold then you could have otherwise or perhaps bought upgrades or UP; that makes a considerable part of the gold you gained inbetween the hit and the suspension questionable. So in my book if you only lose the 1b you can be glad.

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 06:59 AM
So I guess you msg'd a mod/admin about it. In that case I'd say honest mistake could happen to anyone unless it was like a 20b sell when no main was worth 10b then I'll stick to unware my ass. Anyways, You should lose 100% of the gold you took and get the turns back the same day and don't get suspendend. If you didn't tell anyone and just hoped they wouldn't find out suspension is the penality for that. And if you knew a ban should be the penality for that.

So you hit an account called icheat and stole 1b, keeping the tff difference in mind, how much did he hold? 50b? And you were totally unaware he cheated? Also what did you do with the gold? Bank it in Broken sticks? Cause f you used it to buy SA/Spy that helped you to slay more gold then you could have otherwise or perhaps bought upgrades or UP; that makes a considerable part of the gold you gained inbetween the hit and the suspension questionable. So in my book if you only lose the 1b you can be glad.

I have to say its been a long time since i checked the price of morale or the top sells. But, if i saw an account holding 1 bil, I wouldn't hesitate or think "how did this gold get there?" You just have to hit attack in that case. then bank asap. I mean, when you are looking for sell-offs, do you see a sell-off and go "no, that dude probably used an ab or ac, so i should not take the gold."

As far as this is concerned, I see no way to really blame someone for an online hit.

dohh
9th February 2010, 07:16 AM
I have to say its been a long time since i checked the price of morale or the top sells. But, if i saw an account holding 1 bil, I wouldn't hesitate or think "how did this gold get there?" You just have to hit attack in that case. then bank asap. I mean, when you are looking for sell-offs, do you see a sell-off and go "no, that dude probably used an ab or ac, so i should not take the gold."

As far as this is concerned, I see no way to really blame someone for an online hit.

you would think one would make the connection something is fishy going on when random accounts with 2k soldiers jump to rank 1 and then sell off 15bi gold

Barren
9th February 2010, 07:21 AM
So I guess you msg'd a mod/admin about it. In that case I'd say honest mistake could happen to anyone unless it was like a 20b sell when no main was worth 10b then I'll stick to unware my ass. Anyways, You should lose 100% of the gold you took and get the turns back the same day and don't get suspendend. If you didn't tell anyone and just hoped they wouldn't find out suspension is the penality for that. And if you knew a ban should be the penality for that.

I saw only 400 million gold... which is realistic amount for some accounts to have an armory value of.

and i did msg a mod... Gem... She told me to leave her alone cuz everyone was messaging her about it and there was nothing she could do about it :P.

blazed420
9th February 2010, 08:44 AM
you would think one would make the connection something is fishy going on when random accounts with 2k soldiers jump to rank 1 and then sell off 15bi gold

This is pretty much what I've been saying, but no one listens or uses their damn brain, lol.

MarriedToTheMob
9th February 2010, 08:44 AM
Unaware my ass...

First of all, I didn't get gold from these accounts nor have I been banned. I'm only making a logical argument. There is no way to tell who knew the gold had been generated from a game exploit.

As Barren said, 400 mil is not a lot of gold. I make more than that in a day. It's equivalent to a standard morale transaction.

Blipje
9th February 2010, 08:59 AM
@ FinalShowtime

I wasn't able to be online during the weekend so I missed out on all the gold.

Does this imply that I also will receive gold to cover the income I have missed?

Anyhow, it's rediculous that you are asking for gold!

MarriedToTheMob
9th February 2010, 09:38 AM
Its not a bug where an account got hacked , then restored. Age is fucked up.

No, it's a bug that Rocco knew about since the beginning of the beta. I remember reading about it on GUA. If you have an administrator that won't fix known bugs but resets the game every time someone exploits them, then it's not the Age that's messed up. It's the whole game.

And why should you be able to keep playing normally , while others being suspended for nothing but finding a gold and hitting it to find out it was illegal gold ? And they lose days of Slaying / Growth ?

Why shouldn't I be able to keep playing? You are asking the wrong questions. You should be asking why the accounts in question are suspended for so long. It should only take a few minutes for Rocco to remove weapons from said accounts. We aren't talking about hundreds of accounts here, it is a relatively small number of players that have been suspended.

Also:
dark_ravenxx (not active)

blazed420
9th February 2010, 09:45 AM
No, it's a bug that Rocco knew about since the beginning of the beta. I remember reading about it on GUA. If you have an administrator that won't fix known bugs but resets the game every time someone exploits them, then it's not the Age that's messed up. It's the whole game.

Why shouldn't I be able to keep playing? You are asking the wrong questions. You should be asking why the accounts in question are suspended for so long. It should only take a few minutes for Rocco to remove weapons from said accounts. We aren't talking about hundreds of accounts here, it is a relatively small number of players that have been suspended.

Also:
dark_ravenxx (not active)

Pretty sure Rocco has never reset an Age due to any reason... well any Age I've played where people cheated/exploited its never been reset. So don't get your panties in a bunch man, you didnt get banned or suspended so just chill out? If you really dont like it, just quit then. KoC is losing players rapidly anyway I'm sure we won't miss 1 new guy in the top 10. Sorry but its true.

MarriedToTheMob
9th February 2010, 09:48 AM
Pretty sure Rocco has never reset an Age due to any reason... well any Age I've played where people cheated/exploited its never been reset. So don't get your panties in a bunch man, you didnt get banned or suspended so just chill out? If you really dont like it, just quit then. KoC is losing players rapidly anyway I'm sure we won't miss 1 new guy in the top 10. Sorry but its true.

Regardless the gold is illegal and it should be fixed and the age reset....

My post was moved from another thread. In part, I was responding to the moderator that is arguing we reset the age. So it is being considered.

blazed420
9th February 2010, 09:52 AM
My post was moved from another thread. In part, I was responding to the moderator that is arguing we reset the age. So it is being considered.

Yep I read his post too. I'm telling you though just because a mod suggests that the game be reset, never means Rocco will listen. Chill on the whole thing, you aren't suspended you didn't do anything wrong, get over it or quit.

Nasser
9th February 2010, 09:53 AM

Don't worry , Rocco never took Bon's suggestions ... else the game would be far better.

I am pretty sure Bon is only giving his personal point of view , and not KoC admins' one. Since if mods talked with them about this , means admins got active and would have fixed this mess long time ago.

MarriedToTheMob
9th February 2010, 10:11 AM
Yep I read his post too. I'm telling you though just because a mod suggests that the game be reset, never means Rocco will listen. Chill on the whole thing, you aren't suspended you didn't do anything wrong, get over it or quit.

I'm pretty sure this topic is open to everyone, regardless of whether or not they have been suspended.. It seems you are trying to dismiss me because I disagree with your position on the suspended players.

blazed420
9th February 2010, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty sure this topic is open to everyone, regardless of whether or not they have been suspended.. It seems you are trying to dismiss me because I disagree with your position on the suspended players.

No... but you've been crying in 2 different threads about something that didnt have an effect on you. If its that big of a deal, KoC isn't going to miss 1 more player, shit we've been losing them for Ages.

cowboy_from_hell
9th February 2010, 11:01 AM
To bad you won't quit blazed :(

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 11:11 AM

Well, we can say that that looks fishy. But, some random account on the BF who had a massive amount of gold:
attack!

I mean, there are always accounts that catch sells.

jog1
9th February 2010, 11:18 AM
Not all account abusing the glitch were ranked top 20 with 2k tff. And from what I know they didn't have 16bil on them, more like 1bil.

For all I know, they could have been selling moral from the start of the age and receiving all at once that day. Of course course afting hitting them a couple times and seeing their gold go up they should realise it's a glitch.

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 11:21 AM
Not all account abusing the glitch were ranked top 20 with 2k tff. And from what I know they didn't have 16bil on them, more like 1bil.

For all I know, they could have been selling moral from the start of the age and receiving all at once that day. Of course course afting hitting them a couple times and seeing their gold go up they should realise it's a glitch.

right. And most people stopped when that happened. But what do they do then? they go speak to the mods and offer to sell it off (and lose the gold from the selling of the weapons) or something.

blazed420
9th February 2010, 11:40 AM
To bad you won't quit blazed :(

Keep hoping for that day... it won't come when you want it to ;)

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 11:42 AM
Keep hoping for that day... it won't come when you want it to ;)

you say that, and then act like i could reasonably expected to stop posting or playing KoC?

Seems suspicious.

In any case, does anyone know how long it will take rocco to fix the suspended accounts?

ThomasA
9th February 2010, 11:44 AM
you say that, and then act like i could reasonably expected to stop posting or playing KoC?

Seems suspicious.

In any case, does anyone know how long it will take rocco to fix the suspended accounts?

It has been suggested, less than a week.

Vrasp
9th February 2010, 01:30 PM
6.4b is not in any means an extravagant amount of gold. Most of the top account at the end of the age will have 100x + that.

Its unrealistic to say "hey we are suspending you for taking Y" and then you in turn lose Y x 10 when in MOST cases, the people who hit the accounts didn't know it was bad gold

Now, the admins cant just give the entire TBG to the players who were suspended, because, well, that means they just had a week they didn't have to play, and still got to keep 100% of their TBG, where most o koc keeps between 50-75% of it.

So, right now, the admin(s) are stuck between 2 equally tough positions

Yeah, but he wants it as soon as his account gets out of vacation mode. How many accounts are _currently_ worth 6.4b?

Bloo
9th February 2010, 01:44 PM

Blame Shane and the other jerks, not KOC or Rocco.

Deserted
9th February 2010, 02:02 PM

I would blame Rocco/KoC, this was a BUG found in BETA, remind me again the purpose of BETA?

LordCounter
9th February 2010, 02:05 PM
be happy its not being done sneaky on a small scale by an alliance. or be happy the bugs are actually getting fixed now

and what Deserted says

ArxSerpens
9th February 2010, 02:10 PM
Lol, while you may not believe it, Shane wasn't involved in, behind this, or anything. Im not bragging here, just explaining, but I'm fairly sure I was the first person to get the turns that day, and then a few others did too just seeing if they could, or because they wanted the turns. It was not an attack, but boredom, that happened. This bug is seriously easy to get, to the point where you dont even need to try really and you can get it. That's dumb, and needs to get fixed. Maybe now it will.

beta -
A beta version of a program, game etc... is an unfinished version released to either the public a select few or whoever signs up to beta test it for bugs or glitches.

Yet, when it was tested, proven to have glitches that need fixing, what does Rocco decide to do? Make another 30 tech upgrades, throw in a few more UP's (That goes up to at least 20,480 at least now, for 92.33 billion gold, Lol(10k Costs 9.4 billion, just fyi)) and ignore the bug that can and is being abused.

------------
Again I have to say, this bug was abused in beta age. Exactly as it is now, but only among friends on two alliances. TFE was not one of those abusing it. Both FF and SR members were banned in beta, or suspended, at the start of it, when this happened. They kept the gold in chain, in alliance, but they abused the bug. I could have kept my account low ranked, saved up a nice 50b,150b,250b sell, and vacation moded my account til later, given it to TFE. I didn't, because that would be abusing the exploit for intentional gain of my own alliance.
The gold was open to anyone who saw it, taken my most who saw it, but none of them were forwarned.

MFnBonsai
9th February 2010, 03:00 PM

Actually no it was my opinion....

Unfortunately way too many accounts have used/abused this bug and we cannot chase down every account and there are way too many players that will benefit from this and the age is already tainted because of it....

While rocco could be blamed for not fixing it you can also blame all these respected players everyone kisses ass to for abusing the bug to the extent where yes if I was rocco I would reset the age....

blazed420
9th February 2010, 03:03 PM
Actually no it was my opinion....

Unfortunately way too many accounts have used/abused this bug and we cannot chase down every account and there are way too many players that will benefit from this and the age is already tainted because of it....

While rocco could be blamed for not fixing it you can also blame all these respected players everyone kisses ass to for abusing the bug to the extent where yes if I was rocco I would reset the age....

Agreed. Get Rocco to fix the damn bug, then reset the Age. Anyone who cries about it can find the doorway out IMO. :)

ArxSerpens
9th February 2010, 03:14 PM
I suggest Rocco fix the bugs that have been reported, then roll back or reset the age.

Also, from yesterday:
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1781/screencapage13.jpg

I used over 1.3 mil turns getting the Techs, so I dont think its possible to get them being legit. Econs also go to 956k/turn for 307k Exp, so that has to take a lot of turns lol. And holy UP.

Wulfric
9th February 2010, 03:44 PM
Wow... Just wow..
92 bil Gold. What is point of keeping such UP available? Same goes for technologies. If no one (legit) is going to get them, then why exactly are they there?

Meanwhile, Is Rocco around?

--

It wasn't malicious. Just a few guys having fun and proving a point
And thus making the point but ruining the game for everyone.

Seneca
9th February 2010, 03:49 PM
Wow... Just wow..
92 bil Gold. What is point of keeping such UP available? Same goes for technologies. If no one (legit) is going to get them, then why exactly are they there?

Meanwhile, Is Rocco around?

--

And thus making the point but ruining the game for everyone.

on the UP you're probably right, but depending on the length of the age it's very possible to reach that high Tech.

Pauly_D
9th February 2010, 03:58 PM
Wow... Just wow..

actually i like that there are upgrades that it isnt possible to get, right now in RoC everyone races to get the top UP upgrade because it is quite cheap but then after that everyone grows at the same rate, but if you cant get the top UP then you have to make a decision whether its worth it to get the next UP

ThirtySeven
9th February 2010, 04:55 PM
I laughed at the tech levels.... how does someone come up with these level names?
The unit production also cracked me up. Almost as if this was expected.

Well, lots of good advice and bad advice for Rocco here already. So let me just share a moment of wisdom with him also: thanks for a lot of fun in earlier ages. If you are out of time, or do not feel like maintaining KoC, you are most welcome to pull the plug and give all these guys the finger.

If this is not the case: just do whatever you like to do best, as long as it does not involve dolphins and trampolines. Thanks for many ages to come.

I hope people in here keep their word and all quit, so I can finally get #1 at some point. Like I give a damn if I am the only player!

Bloo
9th February 2010, 05:07 PM
I laughed at the tech levels.... how does someone come up with these level names?
The unit production also cracked me up. Almost as if this was expected.

Well, lots of good advice and bad advice for Rocco here already. So let me just share a moment of wisdom with him also: thanks for a lot of fun in earlier ages. If you are out of time, or do not feel like maintaining KoC, you are most welcome to pull the plug and give all these guys the finger.

If this is not the case: just do whatever you like to do best, as long as it does not involve dolphins and trampolines. Thanks for many ages to come.

I hope people in here keep their word and all quit, so I can finally get #1 at some point. Like I give a damn if I am the only player!

Lol, he speaks the truth.

But IMO there is no need to reset the age. It may be possible to partially reset accounts. Keep TFF's in place but start everything else from zero? Some may bitch but will ensure everyones hard work doesn't go to waste. Only problem will be with the slayers and turns.

Warriorelf
9th February 2010, 05:54 PM
i am one of the suspended accounts. i got about 200-300mil from one of the accounts. i hit three to four times then realized that the accounts gold was getting bigger instead of smaller. i personally would rather have all of the fake gold taken out of my account then have Rocco reset the age.

and just as a point i have been playing since age 3 and i don't remember anytime when an age has been reset for any reason and I'm pretty sure there has been one or two times when the koc server has been hacked and they didn't need to reset the age to fix it so i see no reason for them to need to know

Baigo
9th February 2010, 06:51 PM
I suggest Rocco finally admits his game is an annoying n00b making machine due to his coding n00bness. Doubt he's smart enough to do a game to annoy people and laugh on their back. Guess he's just a n00b who should bring his stupid game down due to his lack of dedication/care/knowledge and just stop bothering people around (even if that people chose to be bothered). Make a good favor to the community, bring your game down and become the new Jesus.

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 07:13 PM
I suggest Rocco finally admits his game is an annoying n00b making machine due to his coding n00bness. Doubt he's smart enough to do a game to annoy people and laugh on their back. Guess he's just a n00b who should bring his stupid game down due to his lack of dedication/care/knowledge and just stop bothering people around (even if that people chose to be bothered). Make a good favor to the community, bring your game down and become the new Jesus.

In case you were unaware, rocco is not forcing you to play KoC. If you would prefer playing a different game, or not playing any games, you are welcome to do so. So, KoC exists for those who want to play KoC. In the event that you do not want to play KoC, my recommendation is:
don't play kocplay a different game

Now, hopefully rocco is available soon, but who knows, he might be in vacation, or maybe he was crossing a street while someone was banking on their cell phone, and the driver swerved at the last moment and rocco feinted and was unable to get to his computer.

My point is: rocco could be unavailable, we just don't know. Imagine if his computer crashed or something. In any case, who knows how long this age will last. As for the purpose of having both technology and economy levels beyond what a player can get:
it forces players to choose which they want to go after.

choice=strategy=good.

Baigo
9th February 2010, 07:17 PM
I don't play n00b, I'm here to annoy!

blazed420
9th February 2010, 07:18 PM
I don't play n00b, I'm here to annoy!

Congrats, you are quite good at it. :P

ArxSerpens
9th February 2010, 07:29 PM
Even with choices, I doubt anyone else is going to burn that many turns, unless we are about to have a year long age.

Also:

C_C_C_P ; 87,622,293
Elizabitsch ; 363,398,477
chaser1 ; 114,043,429
ZnakeY hit iShane10- -> 64,105,633
ZnakeY hit Sux0r -> 203,414,631

Not suspended, based off logs pasted to IRC before bans set in. There may be more but we only got so many logs pasted before hand.

Baigo
9th February 2010, 07:30 PM
Even with choices, I doubt anyone else is going to burn that many turns, unless we are about to have a year long age.

Also:
hi123_lacn ; 600,851,395
C_C_C_P ; 87,622,293
Elizabitsch ; 363,398,477
chaser1 ; 114,043,429
ZnakeY ; 64,105,633

Not suspended, based off logs I pasted to IRC before ban set in. there may be more but I only got so many logs pasted before hand.

OMG mods are so unfair! Double standards!

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 07:45 PM
Congrats, you are quite good at it. :P

really?

In any case, I think that its wrong for someone to abuse a bug, regardless of whether the mods knew about it, and regardless of whether or not the mods banned your account (fairly or otherwise)

Warriorelf
9th February 2010, 07:51 PM
i think the mods will eventually find all the accoutns you guys helped screw up no need to go and point all of these out as you have allreasy caused enough problems why dont you just stop trying to make yourself look good sayign you are doing it in the fairness of the game.

if you were really worried about the fairness of the game you never would have exploited the glitch.

Semper.Fidelis
9th February 2010, 07:53 PM
Thx for the screenshot Sadi.
Somewhat funny tech tree considering you get 1440turns/day*30 = 43200/month*6 = 259200/6month age.

So just for the 1,3m You used the age would have to last 31 months. Kinda pointless introducing tech levels you can never hope to get. Along with UP levels only mains will be able to afford.

Also any info why the accounts you mentioned were not suspended?

Baigo
9th February 2010, 07:59 PM
i think the mods will eventually find all the accoutns you guys helped screw up no need to go and point all of these out as you have allreasy caused enough problems why dont you just stop trying to make yourself look good sayign you are doing it in the fairness of the game.

if you were really worried about the fairness of the game you never would have exploited the glitch.

People who did it did not care about fairness, just for the sake of having fun I'd guess. That doesn't mean I was involved in any way so dont get your minds messed up :P

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 08:00 PM
Thx for the screenshot Sadi.
Somewhat funny tech tree considering you get 1440turns/day*30 = 43200/month*6 = 259200/6month age.

So just for the 1,3m You used the age would have to last 31 months. Kinda pointless introducing tech levels you can never hope to get. Along with UP levels only mains will be able to afford.

Also any info why the accounts you mentioned were not suspended?

It might simply be easier to write a formula and never cap it.

I mean, its not that hard to go: up= blah blah blah.

I mean, most of us see some clear logic to how much stat bonus you receive every tech upgrade, and some logic on how much experience is used for each bonus. Its not hard to write a code that carries out such an action for forever.

Dragon_Orb
9th February 2010, 08:04 PM
It might simply be easier to write a formula and never cap it.

I mean, its not that hard to go: up= blah blah blah.

I mean, most of us see some clear logic to how much stat bonus you receive every tech upgrade, and some logic on how much experience is used for each bonus. Its not hard to write a code that carries out such an action for forever.The code could go on forever, possibly. However as far as tech goes and also economy each level has a unique name so i imagine there is a limit to those somewhere. UP doesn't have any name for each level so i guess theoretically that could go on without limit.

Warriorelf
9th February 2010, 08:05 PM
this is what is bad we now have a bunch of newer people to koc wondering what the hell they did wrong because thier accoutns are getting suspended. all because people wanted to "have a little fun" these people attacked because they saw gold and now are getting suspended thinking it was wrong to attack those accounts

xAre
9th February 2010, 08:06 PM
Gem- is mean, she bans me before the other cheaters!
Biased mods are biased, etc.

this is what is bad we now have a bunch of newer people to koc wondering what the hell they did wrong because thier accoutns are getting suspended. all because people wanted to "have a little fun" these people attacked because they saw gold and now are getting suspended thinking it was wrong to attack those accounts

Blame Rocco for not doing a fix that people already sent in to him?

Seriously.

Warriorelf
9th February 2010, 08:08 PM
no i blame the people who got pissed about being banned and decided to screw the game up for people who dont cheat in every age. and knew full well what would happen when they did it. there little "fun" has taken the fun out of the game for a lot of people. i personally think they should all be permabanned from koc and gua but thats just me

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 08:08 PM
The code could go on forever, possibly. However as far as tech goes and also economy each level has a unique name so i imagine there is a limit to those somewhere. UP doesn't have any name for each level so i guess theoretically that could go on without limit.

Yes, I suppose technology and economy must be capped. But, its also possible to have a very long list of technologies. I mean, a list of 100 strings would be more than sufficient for technology (that would be a stat multiplier of 131.5), and I assume equally sufficient for economy.

He probably simply pulled up a list somewhere and made it longer than any person could possibly hope to achieve the end.

Shane-
9th February 2010, 08:32 PM
Anyone consider Rocco has decided to quit KoC, and doesn't plan on ending this age in 6 months?...

Meaning, in theory, those upgrades are possible if you give it enough time.

Shane

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 08:45 PM
Anyone consider Rocco has decided to quit KoC, and doesn't plan on ending this age in 6 months?...

Meaning, in theory, those upgrades are possible if you give it enough time.

Shane

If that was the case, then the suspended accounts would want to talk the mods into deleting their accounts, and then would wish to start new accounts (or maybe just sell and rebuy their entire armory 5 times if the mods would agree to that).

xAre
9th February 2010, 08:48 PM
If that was the case, then the suspended accounts would want to talk the mods into deleting their accounts, and then would wish to start new accounts (or maybe just sell and rebuy their entire armory 5 times if the mods would agree to that).

Your logic is terrible.

Go away.

Warriorelf
9th February 2010, 09:20 PM
xare. he is famous for having the worst logic in all of koc (past and present). and shane if thats the case then he should give his mods the power to remove the gold from the suspended accounts or just reactivate them to let them play

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 09:45 PM
Your logic is terrible.

Go away.

Allow me to explain:
accounts are suspended until rocco fixes them.
if rocco has left the game, then he will never fix them.
if rocco never fixes them, then they will remain suspended forever.

An indefinite suspension is approximately a ban.

Its better to start over than just keep a banned account.

Therefore, if rocco has left the game and the accounts that are suspended will never leave suspended mode, the players may simply ask the mods to delete their suspended account and create a new account.

MFnBonsai
9th February 2010, 09:49 PM
Allow me to explain:
accounts are suspended until rocco fixes them.
if rocco has left the game, then he will never fix them.
if rocco never fixes them, then they will remain suspended forever.

An indefinite suspension is approximately a ban.

Its better to start over than just keep a banned account.

Therefore, if rocco has left the game and the accounts that are suspended will never leave suspended mode, the players may simply ask the mods to delete their suspended account and create a new account.

Allow me to explain....

Those accounts that were indeed suspended have a time limit as to how long the suspension stands.... at the end of the suspension the account becomes active again....

Banned accounts remained banned until unbanned....

See your explanation is wrong.... again....

jog1
9th February 2010, 09:51 PM
I'd like to add a few things to the tech subject.

First off, when sadi used conquest he was gaining 5 exp per 10 turns most of the time. When a slayer attacks he gets 10 exp with 10 turns and when you sab you get 20 exp with 10 turns. So if it took him 1,3mil turns it will take half of that for a slayer and 1/4 of that for a sabber.

Secondly, I think slayers are kinde of fucked on rankers. The slayers use attacking to get exp and rankers will sab to get exp so the slayers will get half the exp the rankers will get so they will get tech a lot slower which means it's going to be harder for them to slay the bigger accounts.

Another reason why the beta was retarded. You test things with a cap to tech and then you change it for the real age to make it unlimited. (or impossible to get the higher)

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 10:02 PM
I'd like to add a few things to the tech subject.

First off, when sadi used conquest he was gaining 5 exp per 10 turns most of the time. When a slayer attacks he gets 10 exp with 10 turns and when you sab you get 20 exp with 10 turns. So if it took him 1,3mil turns it will take half of that for a slayer and 1/4 of that for a sabber.

Secondly, I think slayers are kinde of fucked on rankers. The slayers use attacking to get exp and rankers will sab to get exp so the slayers will get half the exp the rankers will get so they will get tech a lot slower which means it's going to be harder for them to slay the bigger accounts.

Another reason why the beta was retarded. You test things with a cap to tech and then you change it for the real age to make it unlimited. (or impossible to get the higher)

well, rankers may also persue the ultra high economy levels first.

jog1
9th February 2010, 10:11 PM
well, rankers may also persue the ultra high economy levels first.

That's a good thing to do if you are going to sell in the end, but if you really wanna rank, you'll want to spend most if not all your exp on tech so you have a bigger bonus in the end.

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 10:13 PM
That's a good thing to do if you are going to sell in the end, but if you really wanna rank, you'll want to spend most if not all your exp on tech so you have a bigger bonus in the end.

As each upgrade is successively more expensive, my guess is that there is some happy medium.

Pauly_D
9th February 2010, 10:24 PM
Allow me to explain....

Those accounts that were indeed suspended have a time limit as to how long the suspension stands.... at the end of the suspension the account becomes active again....

Banned accounts remained banned until unbanned....

See your explanation is wrong.... again....

i think Fists was talking about if Rocco doesnt actually fix the accounts after a week and doesnt come back at all.

About the bannings, if its only the gold that was stolen from the cheating accounts thats being taken away it cant take that long to sort out each account that needs gold/weapons taken away from it. They couldnt have held the stolen gold for long so look at when the hit was made and then take away all weapons/upgrades that were bought immediately after.
Also if there are so many accounts that they need to find that a) cheated and b) stole glitched gold, then why didnt Koc be taken offline until all the people that needed to be suspended was suspended, the longer KOC is up then the more people that probably need to be added to the list of suspensions for Rocco to look into.

ZnakeY
10th February 2010, 01:05 AM
ZnakeY hit iShane10- -> 64,105,633
ZnakeY hit Sux0r -> 203,414,631

Not suspended, based off logs pasted to IRC before bans set in. There may be more but we only got so many logs pasted before hand.

That is now corrected, but both attacks where on Sux0r... Good to have a bit of 'vacation' be it forced, gives me time to finish playing through Mass Effect :P

ArxSerpens
10th February 2010, 05:57 AM
Technological Development
Current Technologies Research Complete
Electricity (x 7.39 strength)
Assembly Line
Steam Engine
Thermodynamics
Textiles
Mechanics
Laboratory
Metallurgy
Ballistics
Cotton Gin
Economics
Gunpowder
Chemistry
Astronomy
Shipbuilding
Civil Code
Printing
Windmill
Monastary
Market
Timekeeping
Medicine
Library
Ironworking
Furnace
Forum
Masonry
Sailing
Salt
Archery
Woodworking
Irrigation
Bronze
Writing
Wheel
Copper
Domestication
Pottery
Oven
Fire
Spear

The image I posted a bit ago showed the last techs cost, 80k, Total cost about 800k Exp I believe.

Exploration (61000 gold per turn) 38k EXP
Imperial (152600 gold per turn) 76k EXP
Mercantile (381500 gold per turn) 153k EXP
Research Plantation (953700 gold per turn) 314k EXP
Industrial (2384200 gold per turn) 607k EXP

Research Complete

The earlier ones weren't saved, but most ppl know them from beta, 24k Income for 20k exp I think it was, etc.

Still no clue when UP ends.

http://www.quickphotohost.com/uploads/fa5075508f.jpg (http://www.quickphotohost.com)

A_A
10th February 2010, 06:44 AM
that means its impossible to do all the upgrades of tech and economy in one age??(assuming its 6months)

FinalShowtime
10th February 2010, 06:52 AM

Kid fail @ Logic.

Vrasp
10th February 2010, 08:49 AM
Technological Development:
* You start with no technology.
* You use 300 experience to research Spear (1.05x)
* You use 350 experience to research Fire (1.1x)
* You use 400 experience to research Oven (1.16x)
* You use 460 experience to research Pottery (1.22x)
* You use 520 experience to research Domestication (1.28x)
* You use 600 experience to research Copper (1.34x)
* You use 690 experience to research Wheel (1.41x)
* You use 800 experience to research Writing (1.48x)
* You use 920 experience to research Bronze (1.55x)
* You use 1,060 experience to research Irrigation (1.63x)
* You use 1,210 experience to research Woodworking (1.71x)
* You use 1,400 experience to research Archery (1.8x)
* You use 1,610 experience to research Salt (1.89x)
* You use 1,850 experience to research Sailing (1.98x)
* You use 2,120 experience to research Masonry (2.08x)
* You use 2,440 experience to research Forum (2.18x)
* You use 2,810 experience to research Furnace (2.19x)
* You use 3,230 experience to research Ironworking (2.41x)
* You use 3,710 experience to research Library (2.53x)
* You use 4,270 experience to research Medicine (2.65x)
* You use 4,910 experience to research Timekeeping (2.79x)
* You use 5,650 experience to research Market (2.93x)
* You use 6,490 experience to research Monastary (3.07x)
* You use 7,470 experience to research Windmill (3.23x)
* You use 8,590 experience to research Printing (3.39x)
* You use 9,880 experience to research Civil Code (3.56x)
* You use 11,360 experience to research Shipbuilding (3.73x)
* You use 13,060 experience to research Astronomy (3.92x)
* You use 15,020 experience to research Chemistry (4.12x)
* You use 17,270 experience to research Gunpowder (4.32x)
* You use 19,860 experience to research Economics (4.54x)
* You use 22,840 experience to research Cotton Gin (4.76x)
* You use 26,270 experience to research Ballistics (5.0x)
* You use 30,210 experience to research Metallurgy (5.25x)
* You use 34,740 experience to research Laboratory (5.52x)
* You use 39,950 experience to research Mechanics (5.79x)
* You use 45,950 experience to research Textiles (6.08x)
* You use 52,840 experience to research Thermodynamics (6.39x)
* You use 60,760 experience to research Steam Engine (6.7x)
* You use 69,880 experience to research Assembly Line (7.04x)
* You use 80,360 experience to research Electricity (7.39x)
* Research complete - Total Experience Required: 614,110.

KillerK
10th February 2010, 08:51 AM
that means its impossible to do all the upgrades of tech and economy in one age??(assuming its 6months)

Didn't ArxSerpens do just that? o.o

A_A
10th February 2010, 09:04 AM
Didn't ArxSerpens do just that? o.o

i meant without cheating

Semper.Fidelis
10th February 2010, 09:52 AM
Unless you discover a way to gain 10XP/1 used turn there isn't.

Also thx again Sadi =)

fistsofthor
10th February 2010, 10:09 AM
Technological Development:
* You start with no technology.
* You use 300 experience to research Spear (1.05x)
* You use 350 experience to research Fire (1.1x)
* You use 400 experience to research Oven (1.6x)
* You use 460 experience to research Pottery (1.22x)
* You use 520 experience to research Domestication (1.28x)
* You use 600 experience to research Copper (1.34x)
* You use 690 experience to research Wheel (1.41x)
* You use 800 experience to research Writing (1.48x)
* You use 920 experience to research Bronze (1.55x)
* You use 1,060 experience to research Irrigation (1.63x)
* You use 1,210 experience to research Woodworking (1.71x)
* You use 1,400 experience to research Archery (1.8x)
* You use 1,610 experience to research Salt (1.89x)
* You use 1,850 experience to research Sailing (1.98x)
* You use 2,120 experience to research Masonry (2.08x)
* You use 2,440 experience to research Forum (2.18x)
* You use 2,810 experience to research Furnace (2.19x)
* You use 3,230 experience to research Ironworking (2.41x)
* You use 3,710 experience to research Library (2.53x)
* You use 4,270 experience to research Medicine (2.65x)
* You use 4,910 experience to research Timekeeping (2.79x)
* You use 5,650 experience to research Market (2.93x)
* You use 6,490 experience to research Monastary (3.07x)
* You use 7,470 experience to research Windmill (3.23x)
* You use 8,590 experience to research Printing (3.39x)
* You use 9,880 experience to research Civil Code (3.56x)
* You use 11,360 experience to research Shipbuilding (3.73x)
* You use 13,060 experience to research Astronomy (3.92x)
* You use 15,020 experience to research Chemistry (4.12x)
* You use 17,270 experience to research Gunpowder (4.32x)
* You use 19,860 experience to research Economics (4.54x)
* You use 22,840 experience to research Cotton Gin (4.76x)
* You use 26,270 experience to research Ballistics (5.0x)
* You use 30,210 experience to research Metallurgy (5.25x)
* You use 34,740 experience to research Laboratory (5.52x)
* You use 39,950 experience to research Mechanics (5.79x)
* You use 45,950 experience to research Textiles (6.08x)
* You use 52,840 experience to research Thermodynamics (6.39x)
* You use 60,760 experience to research Steam Engine (6.7x)
* You use 69,880 experience to research Assembly Line (7.04x)
* You use 80,360 experience to research Electricity (7.39x)
* No more research.

That gives me a total of 614 110 experience needed.

If we assume someone gets an average of 2.1 exp per turn (melding sabs as 2 exp per turn and conquests from their 50 to 20 exp each stages) that gives us
292,433.33 turns
its 1 minute per turn, and then
divided by 60 minutes per hour, that gives us
4873.88 hours. Divided by 24 hours per day:
203.07870 days

And 30 days per month gives us 6.76929 months.

So, if the age lasted 7 months, and a player spent their turns only on sabbing and conquests when they received better exp than from a sab, then it would be possible for them to max it out.

So, if one is willing to spurn all of the one kind of upgrade, one can gain all the technology upgrades just barely if the age goes slightly long.

Which, I suppose makes sense. That way, you really need to choose right from the beginning which path you will go down.

Pj-
10th February 2010, 12:19 PM

If we assume someone gets an average of 2.1 exp per turn (melding sabs as 2 exp per turn and conquests from their 50 to 20 exp each stages) that gives us
292,433.33 turns
203.07870 days

So, if the age lasted 7 months, and a player spent their turns only on sabbing and conquests when they received better exp than from a sab, then it would be possible for them to max it out.

So, if one is willing to spurn all of the one kind of upgrade, one can gain all the technology upgrades just barely if the age goes slightly long.

Which, I suppose makes sense. That way, you really need to choose right from the beginning which path you will go down.

on-topic: ^5 for the calculations FoT, they have alot of use I figured!

Vrasp
10th February 2010, 12:51 PM
Economy Development:
* You start with none (0 TBG)
* You use 300 experience to research Hunting (100 TBG)
* You use 600 experience to research Farming (300 TBG)
* You use 1,200 experience to research Fishing (600 TBG)
* You use 2,400 experience to research Mining (1,600 TBG)
* You use 4,800 experience to research Construction (3,900 TBG)
* You use 9,600 experience to research Feudal (9,800 TBG)
* You use 19,200 experience to research Trade (24,400 TBG)
* You use 38,400 experience to research Exploration (61,000 TBG)
* You use 76,800 experience to research Imperial (152,600 TBG)
* You use 153,600 experience to research Mercantile (381,500 TBG)
* You use 307,200 experience to research Plantation (953,700 TBG)
* You use 614,400 experience to research Industrial (2,384,200 TBG)
* Research complete - Total Experience Required: 1,228,500.

fistsofthor
10th February 2010, 01:19 PM
Economy Development:
* You start with none (0 TBG)
* You use 300 experience to research Hunting (100 TBG)
* You use 600 experience to research Farming (300 TBG)
* You use 1,200 experience to research Fishing (600 TBG)
* You use 2,400 experience to research Mining (1,600 TBG)
* You use 4,800 experience to research Construction (3,900 TBG)
* You use 9,600 experience to research Feudal (9,800 TBG)
* You use 19,200 experience to research Trade (24,400 TBG)
* You use 38,400 experience to research Exploration (61,000 TBG)
* You use 76,800 experience to research Imperial (152,600 TBG)
* You use 153,600 experience to research Mercantile (381,500 TBG)
* You use 307,200 experience to research Plantation (953,700 TBG)
* You use 614,400 experience to research Industrial (2,384,200 TBG)
* Research complete - Total Experience Required: 1,228,500.

so, 1228500 divided by 2.1=585000
=9750 hours.
=406.25 days
=1 year, 41 days, 6 hours.

Now, if we just consider getting to plantation:
614100 exp.
divied by 2.1 = 292428 turns or minutes
= 4873.8 hours
=203 days
=29 weeks or 6 months and 23 days (assuming 30 day months)

So lets suppose that this age lasts forever. The right course of action would be to get the gold upgrades and then the exp upgrades.

If this age lasts for a year and 47 days (thats the amount of time it takes to acquire both the plantation upgrade and the electricity upgrade) its best to go to plantation and then go for exp.

If the age is considerably shorter, what then?

Lets look at some other things that might indicate the length of this age.

How long does it take for 20k up upgrade to pay off?

Well, that gives an additional 10k soldiers every day.

which equates to 600 000 gold per hour or 14.4 million gold per day per day.

We need to consider that every day gives us 14.4 mil gold in tbg than the previous day.

so, the first day gives us 14.4 mil, second day gives us 28.8, third 43.2, 5th 57.6 mil and so on.

so, the gold generated is equal to 14.4 mil times (1+2+...+n) where n is the number of days.

So, it would take 113 days after buying this up in order for it to come to a profit (obviously humans and dwarves have a greater advantage).

(1+2+3+...+113)=6441
6441*14.4 mil=92.75 billion.

And 113 days is less than four months. So, with perfect banking and all that, the 29k up can pay off. Also, I suspect that rocco did not expect people to become aware of this information until much much later into the age (if at all).

MarriedToTheMob
10th February 2010, 02:11 PM
And 113 days is less than four months. So, with perfect banking and all that, the 29k up can pay off. Also, I suspect that rocco did not expect people to become aware of this information until much much later into the age (if at all).

Not really on topic.. but if you are behind by billions and billions of gold for 4 months you are going to be attacked more often and get less when you are slaying. So the size/strength of your account also needs to be taken into account when trying to figure out if it will pay off.

fistsofthor
10th February 2010, 02:21 PM
Not really on topic.. but if you are behind by billions and billions of gold for 4 months you are going to be attacked more often and get less when you are slaying. So the size/strength of your account also needs to be taken into account when trying to figure out if it will pay off.

We were assuming perfect banking (which is unrealistic). Additionally, the income bonuses and the issue of losing 40% when selling weapons to gain this gold were not taken into account.

jog1
10th February 2010, 02:52 PM
No point doing unrealistic calculations.

anyways, 20k UP isn't worth it that's for sure.

If you bank 16 hours a day, it would take about 69 days for 10k UP to pay itself ( if you are dwarves and considering you sold weapons to get it so it cost you 13,42bil and not 9,4bil)

If you bank 24 hours a day it would take about 56 days for 10k UP to pay itself , again for dwarves and they sold weapons.

I might have made some mistakes though.

chaser1
10th February 2010, 04:11 PM
No point doing unrealistic calculations.

anyways, 20k UP isn't worth it that's for sure.

If you bank 16 hours a day, it would take about 69 days for 10k UP to pay itself ( if you are dwarves and considering you sold weapons to get it so it cost you 13,42bil and not 9,4bil)

If you bank 24 hours a day it would take about 56 days for 10k UP to pay itself , again for dwarves and they sold weapons.

I might have made some mistakes though.

Considering that during age 12, players were paying 20bn gold for 100k morale on average, 20k UP per day is NOTHING at that price. five days is 100k troops. one month is half million troops, this isnt including the continual buy of morale. I think that its worth it.

A_A
10th February 2010, 04:23 PM
well i think rocco doesnt mean this to be a 6month age :P

Shane-
10th February 2010, 06:13 PM
Considering that during age 12, players were paying 20bn gold for 100k morale on average, 20k UP per day is NOTHING at that price. five days is 100k troops. one month is half million troops, this isn't including the continual buy of morale. I think that its worth it.

Age 12 -> 20,000 solider income per day = (100*20,000)*48 = 96,000,000
Age 13 -> 20,000 solider income per day = (1*20,000)*1,440 = 28,800,000

Thrus, Meaning the income for x is only 29% of the value it was....

And; It takes 30~ days for the 9b / 10k unit pro to pay for itself.

[6:01:am] <Shane> Day: 33 Gold Gain: 8,272,281,600 Solider Gain: 348,160
[6:01:am] <Shane> Day: 34 Gold Gain: 8,773,632,000 Solider Gain: 358,400
[6:01:am] <Shane> Day: 35 Gold Gain: 9,289,728,000 Solider Gain: 368,640
[6:01:am] <Shane> Day: 36 Gold Gain: 9,820,569,600 Solider Gain: 378,880
[6:02:am] <Shane> Approx a month lol

Shane

Baigo
10th February 2010, 07:36 PM

Shane

In those terms it pays itself, but remember that if you had that gold you could've invested it on something that gave a profit. I'd say it pays off in around 1.5-2 months.

Don-
10th February 2010, 11:04 PM
ah the drama, the tears, the whole pages of paragraphs full of "conclusions" & "Theory's", "what i'd do" posts lol....

I wanna see if my AutoBuyer, AutoProber, autosabber, Spybot & Nerdherder Recruit mail program all still work..... but srsly i wanna check if my custom made Ab still works, if not i gotto get my coder to change it & that could take precious time.....

Someone wake me up(let me know) when he resets the Age, its just possible they have added enough content to stir up some interest in this old bugger, or at least get one of my computer geek mates to make an AB for it.

Cheers,

~Don.

Fake edit: On topic grats for winning the age suxer :)
Fake edit 2: deliberate misspelling
Fake edit 3: Sarcasm ftw!

Barren
10th February 2010, 11:13 PM
Sooo my account is active again... With the same stats... and I didnt get any turns or gold... wonder if mods just took off the suspension or if it was Rocco.

jog1
10th February 2010, 11:16 PM

Shane

I think your maths are off, you calculated the fact the 10k UP gave you 10k soldiers a day, but it only gives you 5k more soldiers then the other one. So you need to calculate with 5k soldiers. On top of that you can't get 9,4bil without selling weapons which means it will actually cost you about 13bil.

that being said unless I'm really wrong here I think it takes more then 30 days.

Like I said 56 days if you bank 24 hours a day
and 69 days if you bank 16 hours a day

As for what chaser said, like shane said, you can't compare income from age 12 to this age.

I don't feel like calculating this but I'm almost 100% sure 20k income is not worth it. For sure, by the time you get it, the age won't last long enough for it to be worth it. and remember you only get 10k more soldiers and not 20k

ArxSerpens
10th February 2010, 11:38 PM

292,433.33 turns
203.07870 days

Conquests drop down to 10 exp per 10 turns in about 200 conquests I think? And down to 5 a short while later. So unless you sab a lot, a real lot, it will be quite hard to get the EXP needed in a legit way.

Seneca
11th February 2010, 12:27 AM
In those terms it pays itself, but remember that if you had that gold you could've invested it on something that gave a profit. I'd say it pays off in around 1.5-2 months.

Yea except if you get sabbed a lot, because you'll have bigger AAT and lose more if you don't buy UP.

I think your maths are off, you calculated the fact the 10k UP gave you 10k soldiers a day, but it only gives you 5k more soldiers then the other one. So you need to calculate with 5k soldiers. On top of that you can't get 9,4bil without selling weapons which means it will actually cost you about 13bil.

that being said unless I'm really wrong here I think it takes more then 30 days.

Like I said 56 days if you bank 24 hours a day
and 69 days if you bank 16 hours a day
Did you just correct Shane without being wrong yourself?
wow.

Sux0r
11th February 2010, 01:33 AM
We were assuming perfect banking (which is unrealistic). Additionally, the income bonuses and the issue of losing 40% when selling weapons to gain this gold were not taken into account.

unrealistic? Never seen vrasp bank have you :<

UMIST
11th February 2010, 03:44 AM
unrealistic? Never seen vrasp bank have you :<

did he ever sleep or have a life outside koc?

ZAR
11th February 2010, 06:04 AM
He plays RoC

For the UP upgrade to pay itself out you calculate:

Upgrade cost / (0.5*UP*1440) = days needed

Then you calculate that you have on the
1st day 1
2nd day 3
3rd day 6
4th day 10
etc. ...

I think it pays faster?

fistsofthor
11th February 2010, 07:49 AM
Well, it looks like to me that the accounts suspended during this thing have been unsuspended. I am unaware of the status of their turns/growth/tbg replacement/etc.

Lopina
11th February 2010, 08:18 AM
He plays RoC

For the UP upgrade to pay itself out you calculate:

Upgrade cost / (0.5*UP*1440) = days needed

Then you calculate that you have on the
1st day 1
2nd day 3
3rd day 6
4th day 10
etc. ...

I think it pays faster?

Lets say you buy 20k UP at the end of day 0.
On day 1, you get 20480 soldiers, and get 20480 gold more every turn
On day 2, you get 20480 additional soldiers, meaning you now have 2*20480, and get 2*20480 gold more every turn
On day 3, you have in total 3*20480 soldiers, getting 3*20480 gold more

So, you see, this is a simple arithmetical series

gold the UP will generate over N days is equal to ((1+N)*N/2)*(1440*20480*1.2) if we assume that the player is playing humans.

The cost for 20k UP is 92,330,353,929 gold. To see at what point in time the UP will pay itself, we simple have to put those 2 expressions in relation

92,330,353,929 = 1440*20480*1.2*0.5*N*(N+1)

This is a simple quadratic equation, and when solved, we get that N equals 71.73718378366323 ~ 72 days with perfect banking where N stands for the number of days you need to bank to get UP to pay itself

vegito
11th February 2010, 08:19 AM
Why UP discussions in this thread,
totally offtopic :badteeth:

fistsofthor
11th February 2010, 08:23 AM
Why UP discussions in this thread,
totally offtopic :badteeth:

The up costs and amounts (as well as tech and economy) were discovered via the "game-winning" combo.

As such, it seems reasonable to discuss information brought up through "winning the game" in the thread about "winning the game."

So, its not so much that we are discussing up itself, but rather we are discussing an upgrade revealed by this thing in this thread (because it was revealed by it).

Vrasp
11th February 2010, 08:27 AM
did he ever sleep or have a life outside koc?

Yeah, I just woke up once an hour, but no I didn't have a life outside of RoC.

fistsofthor
11th February 2010, 08:29 AM

When I did that, I needed about 2 hours extra sleep each day. Did that happen for you?

but I digress.

It seems like no one new has been using this thing, so all is well. Is that the case?

UMIST
11th February 2010, 08:42 AM

dude no offence of anything go out!
RoC/KOC is not everything! Something which some of us need to learn :)