PDA

View Full Version : Age 4 Beta

EdThaSt0rm`
31st January 2010, 03:41 AM
Admins, I know you are tired of everyone asking, tired of people whining about it. But why won't you guys just finish the rumours once and for all.

WHEN DO WE GET TO PLAY THE BETA?

What is going on? Are you really waiting for Reconcilliation to finish the design?
Can't we just start with the one you have now? I mean... it's a Beta... you can implement the design later on while we are playing. No need to wait for him.

And the code should have been ready by now.

21 days have passed since the Beta was supposed to launch. Meanwhile people are getting bored, quitting the game etc.

The longer it takes without an official word from the admins, the more you ruin your own game.

Pauly_D
31st January 2010, 04:10 AM
I agree, if it is just Reconcilliation to do graphics/pictures whatever then let us play the beta, if there is still code to finish then fair enough but i dont really think anyone would care too much if the graphics aren't done

Vrasp
31st January 2010, 05:00 AM
I've seen this question before, the answer is "when it's ready."

Sux0r
31st January 2010, 06:27 AM
why? so you can bitch again?

crazy_sabber
31st January 2010, 07:11 AM
Admins, I know you are tired of everyone asking, tired of people whining about it. But why won't you guys just finish the rumours once and for all.

What is going on? Are you really waiting for Reconcilliation to finish the design?
Can't we just start with the one you have now? I mean... it's a Beta... you can implement the design later on while we are playing. No need to wait for him.

21 days have passed since the Beta was supposed to launch. Meanwhile people are getting bored, quitting the game etc.

The longer it takes without an official word from the admins, the more you ruin your own game.

I totally agree, if only graphics and general stuff is pending then launch the new age, but if code is not ready then take ur time coz we dont want to repeat episodes like when roc stopped working (twice) and when it was back online it was Christmas for slayers.... AutoKill switch should be tested throughly this time...

Ok another question to Alliance leaders - Every alliance aims to be on top BUT what who do u think will gain top alliance score in AGE 4 ?? any predictions... backup ur predictions with reasoning...

snoop
31st January 2010, 08:44 AM
Here's the thing guys: We waited to do all of the HTML and view layer.

Ed: You aren't the project manager here, don't behave as if you are. Things take time to do, sometimes there are setbacks. We've been pretty open about what's going on on our end, try to understand that things take time to do and that some of us work in addition to writing code for the game. The players here are getting an extremely good value for their money (they pay nothing) and get a whole new game (which costs a lot of my time).

We've said this in every thread and to everyone that has asked. You PM me every day on IRC to bother me about the code.

Tapchou
31st January 2010, 08:45 AM

No, it isn't only graphics that is stopping Age 4 Beta, don't post stuff that isn't true, graphics is not really an issue.

When we set out and thought about rewriting the game we were serious on how the code should be, snoop set standards in every way you can think, to make sure code is written correctly and cleanly.

No? Code is never 'ready' and it always evolves, during the design process and the process of actually doing the coding we code across new and better ways to do certain things, we come up with a few ideas and we have to go back and look at the current design again and make sure it's all good.

This is what Age 4 is all about, the entire rewriting process, to make sure it's all planned out in a decent manner and can be changed easier if new changes in the future are needed.

We just want a decent game to be played and we know we're kind of behind on it, but you lot need to understand unexpected events in real life too and need to be a little more patient, we do this for free, we don't get paid, you can't expect us to put all the time.

The end of age date will be staying the same and will not change.

A new thread will be created soon for more information about Age 4, please no more threads, we know of the issue that you're all impatient, etc etc but there's no need for the threads with the same agenda to be created over and over again.

CyberPunk
31st January 2010, 09:00 AM
Actually, we've been stalled a bit by something completely different. Our in-house designer, Reconciliation, is out of the picture for an extended amount of time. We assumed that with the new code, we'd also roll out a new look too. If something isn't finalized soon, we'll just begin testing with the layout we've got.

No, it isn't only graphics that is stopping Age 4 Beta, don't post stuff that isn't true, graphics is not really an issue.

make up your mind...and i understand that it takes time but if you already knew this why bother giving us an unrealistic timeline of when things would be ready

and to the roc players...the admins have lives outside of ROC and there are only a handful of them as it is...so chill the fuck out and let them do their thing ^^ if you think you can code a better game in less time well feel free to do so.

cavalier5
31st January 2010, 12:27 PM
If they just started it now people woud be complaining about how it sucks. If you don't pay anything shut up and stop whining. Maybe be thankfull for once

andyt683
1st February 2010, 07:40 AM
make up your mind...and i understand that it takes time but if you already knew this why bother giving us an unrealistic timeline of when things would be ready

and to the roc players...the admins have lives outside of ROC and there are only a handful of them as it is...so chill the fuck out and let them do their thing ^^ if you think you can code a better game in less time well feel free to do so.

Layout != graphics. As snoop said: "Here's the thing guys: We waited to do all of the HTML and view layer", which is exactly what I said, only in layman's terms. It would be an awful lot of work to code everything to display the page in the current form, especially when we have several working layouts that we're testing and picking one. You guys can wait the extra couple weeks for it to be done right, or we can do it half-assed and you can complain about how half-assed it is for the next few weeks (plus whatever time it takes us to undo the half-assedness.)

This community is probably one of the most negative ones I've ever seen. Every action and inaction will cause everyone to quit! The end of the world is upon us! Please stop projecting your insecurities onto the rest of the community, most people are fine with how open we are, and are quite understanding of this.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and close this, because its becoming more apparent those who are restless actually don't know what we mean when we explain the delay, so productive discussion is impossible.