PDA

View Full Version : Rule change - Recruiting

chemikills
25th January 2010, 10:16 AM
"Advertising through PM or any other method, or sending unsolicited recruiting PMs"
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php#rules

Okay so unsolicited:
Not looked for or requested; unsought

There needs to be clarification, they aren't going to request a recruit message. But unsought is a different story you could argue that they are seeking a commander because they don't have one?

But anyway this is a very vague and and odd rule.
The game has been boosted for recruiting officers then remove the opportunity?

Personally I think recruiting is good, if a newbie is taken underwing of a commander he can learn the game easier and is more likely to enjoy it. Thus promoting it to his/her friends. And leaving them to then do the same

Please bring clarification...

A_A
25th January 2010, 10:31 AM
if there are no recruitment PMs allowed now.. this all the more reason to remove officer bonus.. for people back there in the ranks how do they get officers without messaging

nirvanaisking
25th January 2010, 10:42 AM
This certainly makes the officer bonus even more absurd.

Shane-
25th January 2010, 10:46 AM
[5:07:39:am] <~Aj> 25/01/10 - 18:06:18 [ ~Rocco ]: we are going to make it against KOC rules to send unsolicited recruiting PMs since we have a channel for that now
[5:07:39:am] <~Aj> 25/01/10 - 18:06:51 *Galactus set mode: +l 100
[5:07:39:am] <~Aj> 25/01/10 - 18:07:12 [ &Gem- ]: terrific
[5:07:39:am] <~Aj> 25/01/10 - 18:07:18 [ &Gem- ]: that should help the messaging system

[5:07:31:am] <@doh> #kocrecruiting

Welcome to....

Shane

chemikills
25th January 2010, 11:48 AM
umm so a new guy enters #kocrecruiting and gets overloaded with 20 people trying to recruit them. I sense an increase in "buying" officers and that may last short term but not long term imo

Plus a lot of new players never make it to IRC and thus will go inactive after they don't understand...
Seriously I don't think this will work at all

Pauly_D
25th January 2010, 11:52 AM
agreed, how will new players find out about #kocrecruiting, let alone irc
i only found out about irc because of my commanders

mojo_lop
25th January 2010, 12:09 PM
can i send new players a pm asking them if they would like me to send them a recruiting pm?

:)

BloodBullet
25th January 2010, 12:11 PM
what a big fail.. way to kill this game

powdered_donuts
25th January 2010, 12:19 PM
I'm now very confused. I thought the messaging system was put into the game for recruiting. Does this mean they are going to do away with the messaging system as well?

Also in agreeance as in with this rule it's every more reason to dispose of the officer bonus.

roflmao@mojo

ThomasA
25th January 2010, 12:31 PM
Maybe it will encourage people to recruit external players, rather than spamming the inboxes of existing.

It does make it difficult to recruit ingame though.

death frog
25th January 2010, 12:49 PM
i guess less then 3k players in game is too many? way to drive out more of the little guy! wow, the admin's of this game are really lost. wonder what moronic idea they will pull out of the hat next? maybe let some of your stupid ideas pan out one way or another. or just keep changing things so you can say you changed things.

Screwdriver_LaCN
25th January 2010, 12:55 PM
Well we really have to hope the newbies use IRC or we cant try to recruit them :D I dont know for you guys but most of my officers started using IRC after I sent recruit message in koc :P it is like to get a piece of bread before it was baked xD

Nasser
25th January 2010, 01:05 PM
add it to the list of dumb things ... can it ever stop ? its not koc anymore !

what a big fail.. way to kill this game

you think game is not shit killed already ? I pity everyone who even just activated to the new age lol ... totally not worth it.

Congratz Rocco , ex-koc is now gayer than its clone roc thanks to all of ur changes...

ZAR
25th January 2010, 01:19 PM
While I can live with most changes this the most stupid thing ever!

fistsofthor
25th January 2010, 01:20 PM
I personally think that this change is very bad.

Sabato
25th January 2010, 04:24 PM
I personally think that this change is very bad.

There's something rly wrong here: me agreeing with fist o.O :icon10:

Maz
25th January 2010, 04:28 PM
Wow..just, wow...Haha. Ehrm. <clears throat and speaks with a loud voice> I disagree with this change.

SleepingDragon
25th January 2010, 04:36 PM
WHAT?!?!

Now people can't get sabbed for recruiting players in other chains...they'll just get reported and suspended/banned. :(

MarriedToTheMob
25th January 2010, 04:38 PM
~Rocco : we are going to make it against KOC rules to send unsolicited recruiting PMs since we have a channel for that now

Yeah, cause the first thing new players do is go to the IRC recruiting channel. Like they even know how to do that.

In reality, the first thing new players do is accidentally piss someone off, then a sab chain pushes them around, and then they quit.

To hell with this rule. If I get banned for violating it I won't be back.

Blankslate
25th January 2010, 06:01 PM
This is stupid, You kill the game after 8 years? Recruiting has been part of the game since age 1, And i have been recruited by many players since that time. Recruiting messaging is one of the only way's to gain officers.

1) Your punishing the n00bies because we cannot help them grow in the game as we cant send messages pertaining to helping them start the game. ( AE less players will join koc )

2) your punishing the commanders because the way to achieve a high ranking account is threw clicking and officers....

How is a person supose to learn about mirc, without some sort of un-solicited message explaining how to join it, its still a factor of recruiting.

Shane-
25th January 2010, 06:05 PM
P.s

It is the responsibility of all players to be familiar with the game rules, located at http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php#rules

I wonder how many people who don't use GuA will get effected by this "new" rule.

Shane

lostmetallica
25th January 2010, 06:42 PM
Tell ya what Rocco, since you refuse to plug yourself into the koc community and actually find out what would make things better (I mean you clearly don't or you wouldn't make such stupid decisions), why don't you spend your time advertising KoC and getting us more players rather than mircromanaging the 3000 you still have. Go away for 6 months, advertise the game, bring us more players, then maybe you won't have to hear us complain every time you do something stupid. Totally clueless...

Mudvayne
25th January 2010, 07:21 PM
Well let me try and say this as nice as possible. This is the stupid thing I have ever heard pertaining to KoC matters. Let be realistic, it's impossible to be ranked high without officer (between clicking and that stupid bonus) and now we can't even try and recruit people? Let me give you some perspective, I NEVER went on to the IRC channel intill the second half of last age efter joining tS. So if no one had tried to recruit me, I would have left after a long time ago. Most people play this game casually and then through the recruiting messages make friends and meet people. How many new players will stay? Come on Rocco be smart and use your head. This is a dumb fucking rule.

KillerK
25th January 2010, 08:10 PM
I'm now very confused. I thought the messaging system was put into the game for recruiting. Does this mean they are going to do away with the messaging system as well?

Also in agreeance as in with this rule it's every more reason to dispose of the officer bonus.

roflmao@mojo

+1.

paper_mario
25th January 2010, 08:30 PM
this is completely unfair to new players who no longer have a fair opportunity to receive all of the wondrous things I have to offer.

fistsofthor
25th January 2010, 09:47 PM
Is ANYONE in favor of this rule? ANYONE???

So far, I see that the entire vocal GUA community dislikes it.

Is there any chance that we will get this action repealed?

Lord_Bombadil
25th January 2010, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry, I've been lurking around GUA for some time now, and have never felt obligated enough to make an account until I saw this new rule.

While I may not agree with some of the changes, none have been serious enough or foolhardy enough for me to bother complaining/posting.

ARE YOU SERIOUS ROCCO??

Banning recruiting from the game? Great idea, wait until a few select accounts have multiple pages of officers, then destroy any chance of contention they might have had.

Do realize how impossibly hard it is to recruit now? Now if someone 'wishes to be recruited' (lord knows there's lots of beginners like that *sarcasm*), they can go to an irc channel where they will be spammed by clans trying to "recruit" them.

Not to forget to touch on that part. As an avid online gamer, it took me several YEARS to figure out IRC. Congratulations on ruining the best and most fun thing this game had going for it, alliances.

Do you realize that now, the most powerful alliances have been granted a complete monopoly on dominating the rankings.

Congratulations.

SleepingDragon
25th January 2010, 11:12 PM
Is ANYONE in favor of this rule? ANYONE???

So far, I see that the entire vocal GUA community dislikes it.

Is there any chance that we will get this action repealed?

As with officer bonus, if you can think of a better idea to keep players logging in daily...it can probably be changed. Placing a ban on recruiting from a small KoC pool means people need to look outside of the current users and bring in new players.

Basically, officer bonus rewards main accounts for keeping active members and recruit ban rewards people who have an internet life outside of KoC.

Shane-
25th January 2010, 11:16 PM
Rocco@kingsofchaos.com

You all know how to write an email, And Rocco loves feedback, and people claim he reads all his e-mails.

Shane

Screwdriver_LaCN
25th January 2010, 11:27 PM
Dont worry :D I think Rocco was drunk or on drugs while he added this rule...soon when he comes to the real KoC world he will fix it...HOPEFULLY :D

Kuraia
25th January 2010, 11:34 PM
Like some people have already stated or admitted to, I wasn't aware of anything having to do with KoC on IRC until I was recruited THROUGH A PM IN-GAME. . . .

So yes, great job on screwing the community -.-
With under 3k players now, how many are actually without an alliance? anyone want to hazard a guess? I'd guess under 10% - most of which will be the few new people who will end up quitting because they aren't in an alliance and thus have no in-game support to answer their questions and point them in the right direction and help them grow and keep them interested in KoC. So after these people quit and all the alliances begin to stagnate with no fresh players, what will happen to the game then?

And even if they do make it to the recruitment channel, again, like was said, it won't be recruiting, it will be bribing/buying new players. . . .and I can only imagine how loyal that will make new players should they hear of a better offer elsewhere. . . .

Worst.
Change.
Ever.

xjkryex
26th January 2010, 12:19 AM
Alliances are what keep people playing an online text based game. If you are revoking the possibility to invite new players into a community (more easily) then those players will end up quitting! Its just how it goes... how many people really enjoy playing a game with numbers and letters in front of them without external engagement... 1/500 ??

Please reverse this, and as someone else said, this just gives big alliances a monopoly over other smaller alliances trying to increase their numbers!

MFnBonsai
26th January 2010, 01:00 AM
I won't be enforcing this rule....

Screwdriver_LaCN
26th January 2010, 01:07 AM
It is really sad when Rocco changes KoC rules or anything about KoC when 1 or 2 people cry about it :/ because I saw only one stupid thread about some n00b complaining he got spammed with recruit messages...
Anyone who has seen more people to complain about it???

Nasser
26th January 2010, 01:41 AM
As I always say in my posts , stop expecting anything good from Rocco.
He is a complete moron.

He will only implement what he thinks is right , however he is never right ... or smart.

Kuraia
26th January 2010, 02:57 AM
It is really sad when Rocco changes KoC rules or anything about KoC when 1 or 2 people cry about it :/ because I saw only one stupid thread about some n00b complaining he got spammed with recruit messages...
Anyone who has seen more people to complain about it???

Maybe because as each new Age comes and goes and the player base gets smaller and smaller, 1 or 2 people becomes a larger percentage? So Rocco is just letting us know he cares about the miniority player base. . .right? :eek13:

xe-bec
26th January 2010, 02:58 AM
Here's an idea instead of sending them a recruit message, send them a message informing them of IRC then tell them the different channels. That's not recruiting its informing. There is always a way around stuff.

Batman
26th January 2010, 03:06 AM
This new change is no good,suppose if a player is playing solo,he would not have even heard of irc to join in such a channel "#kocrecruiting"

chemikills
26th January 2010, 03:15 AM
Well the verdict seems pretty clear to me especially when a Mod won't even enforce the rule. Problem is its playing with fire...
Will send Rocco an email and hopefully be gone of this. I'm not going to abuse him I don't think thats the way to get through.

Kill3rSam
26th January 2010, 04:43 AM
Lol, i couldn't believe so when i was told about this.

I think the only way to see this, is as an intention to encourage us to recruit externally, and bring new players into the game.

That's not gonna work because

1) I don't tell people i play a lame game, and certainly am not gonna recruit people i know RL into a game about text.

2) No one with an intrest in gaming is gonna play koc, there are far more graphical awesome browser games, or intresting.

What keeps people playing koc, and might possibly bring in some new players, or stop the ones who try it out from leaving are the alliance communities. Who now are not allowed to present themselves to the new players ?

And off course the obvious fact, that most new players really won't be getting to that irc channel ever.

chaser1
26th January 2010, 09:27 AM
And what constitutes as a recruitment message? Ive seen people have a conversation during war and one of them insinuate that it may be a good idea to "switch sides" not stating anything specific, but just switching sides. Is that worthy of suspension/ban?

Shredmeister
26th January 2010, 12:00 PM
And what about the players who don't use IRC?

Are they just screwed now?

Stupid rule.

ThirtySeven
26th January 2010, 01:04 PM
Rules are there for women and fat children. I always tend to break them anyway (the rules, not the women and fat children). If someone takes out the banhammer, I'll retaliate involving a secret weapon of mass destruction.

xjghost
27th January 2010, 08:41 PM
Big FAIL! :mad:

fistsofthor
27th January 2010, 09:39 PM
And what about the players who don't use IRC?

Are they just screwed now?

Stupid rule.

Everyone is screwed. No one (well, almost) ever makes it into chat until they been told about it (generally through a recruit message or after they have been recruited)

capkop
28th January 2010, 01:50 AM
Though the rule looks fucked up on paper, 95%+ of KoC isn't aware of it, and of the 5% that is, probably 4,99% wont report, and when it is reported appearently nothing will be enforced. So imo (and fortunatly!) it changes nothing :)

Screwdriver_LaCN
28th January 2010, 02:23 AM
It is interesting how 100% of the active ones in this community disagree with this rule but Rocco keeps it xD Well I already sabbed a guy who reported to admins/mods about recruiting PM xD and I think to keep sabbing if I hear or see someone is reporting =D

Whiners just dont know about their favourite and special button called Ignore :P

MFnBonsai
28th January 2010, 03:19 AM
I am not sure why the rule was implemented since xmas I have had extra house guests and have taken time to hibernate away from IRC/KoC somewhat and haven't been in contact with rocco since then....

Although Gem- has voiced her and everyone elses concerns over the new rule and we are awaiting to hear back from rocco....

Personally I will not suspend/ban someone for trying to get active players under them since recruit mails is what we have all had to deal with since the beginning of KoC.

My view would be that rocco maybe will implement it on the ones that spam players inboxes with the same recruit mail over and over and that is the major complaint that as a mod I receive....

The ones that should be controlled are the ones that send you the mail then a few days later you receive the same exact mail again.... Either they are using a mass sender to send out the mails or they think bagering someone into submission into joining them.... those are the ones that need to be controlled....

LordCounter
28th January 2010, 08:11 AM
My view would be that rocco maybe will implement it on the ones that spam players inboxes with the same recruit mail over and over and that is the major complaint that as a mod I receive....

a clarification of the 'ignore' button would have been easier

Gem-
28th January 2010, 05:32 PM
It's a little late to use Ignore when you've already been spammed :p

I will say that Rocco is rethinking the rule and hopefully will come up with a better solution soon. In the meantime, no one is being suspended or banned over this rule - just asking people to be a little more careful who and how they recruit.

Tapchou
28th January 2010, 06:44 PM
This rule doesn't even have logic, I don't think Rocco understands how his own game and community works, I've been reading threads and threads on GUA and I've come to the conclusion that Rocco has some sort of social disorder.

Like others have stated over and over again (Rocco, if you ever read this) they got recruited via the in-game mail system etc and their new commanders got them on IRC and taught them the ropes, this rule is just killing that, enforced or not.

Start listening to your community and not just get random ideas from your little fantasy world.

It's a little late to use Ignore when you've already been spammed :p

I will say that Rocco is rethinking the rule and hopefully will come up with a better solution soon. In the meantime, no one is being suspended or banned over this rule - just asking people to be a little more careful who and how they recruit.

That's unlikely, Ms. Gem!

SabbingfromAustralia
29th January 2010, 04:02 AM
All I gotta say is, the only way to meet people in this game, and for new players, to learn the game properly, is through PMs. Next thing we know, they will remove PMs altogether, then sabbing, then reconning, then attacking. We won't be able to do anything and TGF will win every age because he has the most officers (and we can't recruit anymore, right?).
Shame rocco.

uncivilbanks
29th January 2010, 11:48 PM
i HATE receiving recruition PM'S, F OFF!!!

oh and about ur sig ^ , no that isnt ironic at all, its how the world works duhdur...everyone is themselves, POV perspective.. OHh i c..

Semper.Fidelis
30th January 2010, 10:11 AM
It's not like anyone forces you to read the 50 lines of the entire message or even click on Inbox for that matter. Don't want to read messages from people you don't know, then just DON'T. Sometimes a little common sense is all you need instead of a billion useless rules.

fistsofthor
30th January 2010, 03:39 PM

oh and about ur sig ^ , no that isnt ironic at all, its how the world works duhdur...everyone is themselves, POV perspective.. OHh i c..

if you dislike a recruit pm, email rocco and tell him about it. Plus, no one is ever forcing you to check your inbox.

powdered_donuts
31st January 2010, 12:55 PM

there is a button called delete and an option called ignore

fistsofthor
31st January 2010, 01:01 PM
there is a button called delete and an option called ignore

And, as a solo player not interested in getting recruited, why even bother to check your inbox at all?

I mean, you can just wait and let your inbox get full too-- that works well.

KaB
31st January 2010, 01:34 PM
It is going to suck during the last week of the age when we all get banned for violating the rules :P

KillerK
4th February 2010, 10:44 AM
Sorrry to bring this thread back up, but I just want to make clear whether or not we are indeed allowed to send recruitment PMs or not. I don't wish to get my account banned so I'm just making sure...

Seneca
4th February 2010, 12:26 PM
Sorrry to bring this thread back up, but I just want to make clear whether or not we are indeed allowed to send recruitment PMs or not. I don't wish to get my account banned so I'm just making sure...

You can read up, they're not banning for sending recruit messages.
I think if you're nice, send the messages manually and don't abuse anything you should be safe :)

Pauly_D
4th February 2010, 12:32 PM

as i read it just dont send a recruit message to Rocco, and dont repeatedly send recruit messages to the same player (especially if they say no the first time).

KillerK
4th February 2010, 12:40 PM
as i read it just dont send a recruit message to Rocco, and dont repeatedly send recruit messages to the same player (especially if they say no the first time).

Got it, thanks!

Maste
4th February 2010, 08:39 PM
Lol, i couldn't believe so when i was told about this.

I think the only way to see this, is as an intention to encourage us to recruit externally, and bring new players into the game.

That's not gonna work because

1) I don't tell people i play a lame game, and certainly am not gonna recruit people i know RL into a game about text.

2) No one with an intrest in gaming is gonna play koc, there are far more graphical awesome browser games, or intresting.

What keeps people playing koc, and might possibly bring in some new players, or stop the ones who try it out from leaving are the alliance communities. Who now are not allowed to present themselves to the new players ?

And off course the obvious fact, that most new players really won't be getting to that irc channel ever.

^
I am the only one out of anyone i know IRL that would play this game, ever.
I'd be embarrassed if I told my friends I played this game, and if they bothered to try it out.

KillerK
5th February 2010, 03:09 PM
^
I'd be embarrassed if I told my friends I played this game, and if they bothered to try it out.

Yeah same with me.

fistsofthor
5th February 2010, 08:01 PM
^

well, if we could post our join links on forums like a 4 chan, then maybe we could increase our numbers. or maybe just talk about kingsofchaos on that place. Who knows, some of the people who read those anonymous forums might join. Of course, they might also things that KoC is trying to get their ip address and use it for nefarious purposes.

So, who knows. Also, im not recommending such a course of action.

Truewind
7th February 2010, 05:21 AM
This rule doesn't even have logic, I don't think Rocco understands how his own game and community works, I've been reading threads and threads on GUA and I've come to the conclusion that Rocco has some sort of social disorder.

Like others have stated over and over again (Rocco, if you ever read this) they got recruited via the in-game mail system etc and their new commanders got them on IRC and taught them the ropes, this rule is just killing that, enforced or not.

Exactly. At the end of the day KOC is an engine and the oil in that engine is recruit messages.

It keeps it going like fresh blood to the heart. If new players are not taught the game and recruited by older ones, the cycle ends there.

The delete and ignore buttons take care of any spamming problems.

~~~~~

To say though this rule isn't being enforced just means we're all on death row until someone decides to finally hang us.

The rule should be changed or else a dark cloud hangs over everyone as we play the game.

fistsofthor
8th February 2010, 04:10 PM
Exactly. At the end of the day KOC is an engine and the oil in that engine is recruit messages.

It keeps it going like fresh blood to the heart. If new players are not taught the game and recruited by older ones, the cycle ends there.

The delete and ignore buttons take care of any spamming problems.

~~~~~

To say though this rule isn't being enforced just means we're all on death row until someone decides to finally hang us.

The rule should be changed or else a dark cloud hangs over everyone as we play the game.

Do you know if we could all petition rocco to change this rule?

And, how many players arguing against it would it probably take in order for rocco to change (or at least edit) this rule?

Pauly_D
8th February 2010, 04:56 PM

And, how many players arguing against it would it probably take in order for rocco to change (or at least edit) this rule?

it would take 1 billion players to get him to change his mind, good luck getting the required amount of people to complain :P

ThomasA
8th February 2010, 05:00 PM

I think more to the point, it would require players to stop abusing the messaging system.

Truewind
8th February 2010, 05:09 PM
I think more to the point, it would require players to stop abusing the messaging system.

I think if you've been listening to the fellow players and even the fellow Koc mods, they agree abuse isn't the problem.

The ignore and delete functions in KOC take care of the small .0001% case of abuses with the messaging system.

The problem is a legitimate complaint that the new generation can't be taught koc unless recruited by the old.

It's near unanimous that everyone agrees Recruit messages are fine.
Abuse of messages is a non-problem in KOC right now.

ThomasA
8th February 2010, 05:13 PM
I think if you've been listening to the fellow players and even the fellow Koc mods, they agree abuse isn't the problem.

The ignore and delete functions in KOC take care of the small .0001% case of abuses with the messaging system.

The problem is a legitimate complaint that the new generation can't be taught koc unless recruited by the old.

It's near unanimous that everyone agrees Recruit messages are fine.
Abuse of messages is a non-problem in KOC right now.

Its my understanding that Rocco's mailbox getting spammed contributed to this rule.

Pauly_D
8th February 2010, 05:21 PM
Its my understanding that Rocco's mailbox getting spammed contributed to this rule.

well he should have given himself an AA and written in it "anyone sending recruit messages to this account will get banned" and then ban those people.

Doc
9th February 2010, 11:31 AM
well he should have given himself an AA and written in it "anyone sending recruit messages to this account will get banned" and then ban those people.

He cant do that Pauly, he has to take any spam the same as us, besides, I dont see any spam regarding PM messages. If you do get any all you have to do is put the person on ignore...thats one of the reasons the button is there.

I think he was on something when he decided to make that rule. :)

fistsofthor
9th February 2010, 11:40 AM
He cant do that Pauly, he has to take any spam the same as us, besides, I dont see any spam regarding PM messages. If you do get any all you have to do is put the person on ignore...thats one of the reasons the button is there.

rocco was probably on someone's computer when he put that rule in place.

But, I really think that we need to convince him to get rid of this rule.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I like petitions, but if you have a better way, let me know.

Pauly_D
9th February 2010, 12:00 PM

of course he could do that - he owns the game that gives the right to do whatever the hell he wants to - unfortunately

fistsofthor
11th February 2010, 08:24 AM
of course he could do that - he owns the game that gives the right to do whatever the hell he wants to - unfortunately

its possible that rocco felt that he shouldn't ignore people seeing as anyone might later have something important to say to him, but at the same time he really didn't like getting recruit messages, and so made the rule.

Pauly_D
11th February 2010, 11:52 AM
its possible that rocco felt that he shouldn't ignore people seeing as anyone might later have something important to say to him, but at the same time he really didn't like getting recruit messages, and so made the rule.

either you didnt understand what i meant or you quoted the wrong post to argue against
if he gave himself an AA saying recruit "messages = ban" then ban anyone who sends recruit messages then he would still be able to get important messages. Doc suggested he should put anyone who sends him recruit messages on ignore, if that were the case then your response would be correct. Was Doc's message the one you were answering to?

Elite Sabber
18th May 2010, 09:04 PM
Wtf? If Kab got banned for recruiting I might as well leave. The amount of messages I've sent this age, numbers in the hundreds.

MerDeNoms
18th May 2010, 09:18 PM
You really think they would ban a main account like that for recruiting? You cannot possibly believe that. We don't know why Kab was banned, and I doubt Kab will come out and tell the truth as to why he was banned. It's all just speculation at this point.

evilmiget0021
18th May 2010, 11:15 PM
You really think they would ban a main account like that for recruiting? You cannot possibly believe that. We don't know why Kab was banned, and I doubt Kab will come out and tell the truth as to why he was banned. It's all just speculation at this point.

It's all just speculation for the reason they banned too. They think he did something. Blehhhhh

Hibun_th
18th May 2010, 11:47 PM
its rather funny.. in a sad way..

Mods say they think he did something. lol

they have no proof for it though.
and im 100% positive he didnt do it.

MerDeNoms
19th May 2010, 12:06 AM
and im 100% positive he didnt do it.
Of course you would say that, you would never come out and flat out say Kab did something he wasn't supposed to, just as Kab says he doesn't know why he's banned. No one expects you guys to tell the truth on the matter. But you're right about one thing, it is funny.

capkop
19th May 2010, 01:23 AM
I think this isn't the appropriate topic to discuss this because noone believes it was for recruiting anyway.

I'd like to speculate about the reason, but in the end SR will call me a liar with no proof, kab wont admit anything and I dont think it likely the mods will state the reason here so there's really no point in discussin it imo.

Wing
19th May 2010, 04:39 AM
Lol @ banning for recruit messages. I would say that is the dumbest reason ever , but I am afraid I will be wrong , since mods/admins never cease to amaze us and I am pretty sure they'll amaze us with something even dumber as time goes. Way to go for finding another way for killing the game even more ^_^

PS: For objectivity purposes! --> my comment above is if the real reason for banning is recruiting , not if this reason is just a cover used by KaB for another reason he got banned for.

Agreed.

Why is recruiting through pm illegal in the first place? From age 1 - 12 it was a sport to write a better recruit message than the others.

UMIST
19th May 2010, 05:25 AM
Agreed.

Why is recruiting through pm illegal in the first place? From age 1 - 12 it was a sport to write a better recruit message than the others.

I guess it is becasue those people get bombarded with recruiting message even when they do not want to join any alliance.

Mudvayne
24th May 2010, 02:43 PM
Here's a wacky thought, Why don't you tell us what he did so we don't do it also? And maybe (dare I say it) show us some proof? This is like a really bad gameshow at the moment with everyone guessing and the only ones who can confirm what happened aren't going to talk. Starting to sound the mafia code of silence at work in the mod population :o

MFnBonsai
24th May 2010, 05:09 PM
There isn't any code of silence, the mods do not sit around talking to each other with a plastic bubble around us so nobody else can hear....

Kab himself stated he was accused of using an AB.... as to mods disclosing anything its up to the mod that did the ban....

Kab was banned last age for using an AB and the only way he got his account back then was by resetting his account.... If he used his AB this age he only has himself to blame....

StrawberryMilkShake
12th July 2010, 04:00 PM
newbie will join the ranked 1 players. The strong getting stronger, and the weak getting weaker @_@