PDA

View Full Version : Undead bonuses

chemikills
19th January 2010, 09:04 PM
These need some work and there are only 5 days left. If the attack bonus was removed what is happening next? Surely this isn't it, they are way underpowered.

Should Undead not lose less casualties then Elves? They are undead...
But I just want to put this to attention because otherwise next age we are going to go back to old koc with 4 races

chemikills
23rd January 2010, 12:16 AM
So the 2nd point was taken into account. But the Undead still have only 30% and Dwarves who were already way up there got a buff.
Are we trying to turn this game into a turtling game?

Mudvayne
23rd January 2010, 09:57 AM
Coming from a sabber, undead are nerfed really bad. At least give them 50% sentry to be on pace with the elves.

Kuraia
23rd January 2010, 09:11 PM
well they're up to 35% sentry bonus now. . .and elves' spy bonus dropped to 45%, so almost there. . . (and elves lost another 5% casualty bonus)

getting there slowly, but surely (or so we can assume. . )

xe-bec
24th January 2010, 02:11 AM
casualty bonus on elves is kinda pointless. Think about it. Sabbers will pick elves because of their spy bonus, but u don't lose normal soldiers sabbing. I guess it would be good at curbing losses when you are attacked, but that bonus would be better served on a race that is used more for slaying.

nagrach
24th January 2010, 06:19 AM
casualty bonus on elves is kinda pointless. Think about it. Sabbers will pick elves because of their spy bonus, but u don't lose normal soldiers sabbing. I guess it would be good at curbing losses when you are attacked, but that bonus would be better served on a race that is used more for slaying.

lol

ever heard the word mass?

casualty bonus is the thing why someone still play elves :devil4:

Mudvayne
25th January 2010, 02:33 PM
lol

ever heard the word mass?

casualty bonus is the thing why someone still play elves :devil4:

Exactly. In the beta I had about 13k coverts and would lose about 5 to 10 per attack. Which means I would have gotten raped without the bonus. Also some slayers use elves.

LordCounter
25th January 2010, 02:47 PM
and whats the point in having so many coverts when they do not generate any gold...i rather have a SA bonus for elves then

Kuraia
25th January 2010, 02:50 PM
and whats the point in having so many coverts when they do not generate any gold...i rather have a SA bonus for elves then
every 10 coverts is 1 TBG I believe. . .so you dont get a lot of gold but you still generate income from them. . .

chemikills
25th January 2010, 06:41 PM
Also masses of spies are unsabbable which is also useful in raising one's spy value

fistsofthor
25th January 2010, 06:48 PM
Exactly. In the beta I had about 13k coverts and would lose about 5 to 10 per attack. Which means I would have gotten raped without the bonus. Also some slayers use elves.

I thought casualties reduction bonuses did not apply to covert losses as they are not visible casualties. Did this change?

As for undead not being good:

think about it, war breaks out, big account converts to undead:
35% sentry bonus, sudden drop in casualties and merc replacement costs.

I mean, with the ability to change one's race 3 times an age, there are some interesting tools out there.

So my theory is this:
humans are going to be good just because they can build up the gold to toolbox into anything at the end do to the change of races. So don't discount the power of undead-- just don't expect to see them in times of peace when dwarves or humans can bring in more income.

MarriedToTheMob
28th January 2010, 12:57 PM
I thought casualties reduction bonuses did not apply to covert losses as they are not visible casualties. Did this change?

Based on the number of covert losses I had in the beta, I believe you are correct. I played elves but I'm sure it's calculated the same.

Mudvayne
28th January 2010, 03:23 PM

As for undead not being good:

think about it, war breaks out, big account converts to undead:
35% sentry bonus, sudden drop in casualties and merc replacement costs.

I mean, with the ability to change one's race 3 times an age, there are some interesting tools out there.

So my theory is this:
humans are going to be good just because they can build up the gold to toolbox into anything at the end do to the change of races. So don't discount the power of undead-- just don't expect to see them in times of peace when dwarves or humans can bring in more income.

I never checked it when I switched from orcs but 10 casulites per raid for 13k coverts seemed small. Also noting the increased the coverts loss. And to your other point elves are still being used by a good bit even though KoC is peaceful right now, because slayers can still use the spy bonus. To keep a happy balance in KoC undead should be good to use in times of peace aswell.

Maz
29th January 2010, 03:58 AM

The reason a slayer chooses elves (such as myself) is that the casualty bonus really helps to decrease the amount of mercenaries needed, which is very good this age because the losses are huge. A

nd on top of that you get a huge spy bonus which helps for finding gold. So elves is used frequent by slayers aswell.