PDA

View Full Version : Useless Beta

jog1
18th January 2010, 11:12 AM
Now that the next age time is announced, I guess we can say the age will be as it is right now.

WTF is wrong with the admins?

You make a beta to test changes and see if people like it. They made the beta just to add a tons of stuff that people didn't like, they know people don't like it, but they still keep it. Officer bonus is the BIGGEST joke ever.

I've been playing KoC since age 3.

I won't be playing next age, they killed KoC.

Have fun playing a sucking age.

Bloo
18th January 2010, 11:14 AM
Now that the next age time is announced, I guess we can say the age will be as it is right now.

WTF is wrong with the admins?

You make a beta to test changes and see if people like it. They made the beta just to add a tons of stuff that people didn't like, they know people don't like it, but they still keep it. Officer bonus is the BIGGEST joke ever.

Stop moaning. What a ridiculous rant over nothing.

Kill3rSam
18th January 2010, 11:32 AM

I've been playing KoC since age 3 beta.

I will be playing next age, i like the changes and will adapt.

It will be fun without you.

Scooter
18th January 2010, 11:41 AM
Stop moaning. What a ridiculous rant over nothing.

Stop moaning about his moaning. Youre like a person that would complain that someone littered but not take the initiative to pick up the trash and throw it out.

To dumb it down for you, dont complain about something but do the same thing right after.

Bloo
18th January 2010, 01:23 PM
Stop moaning about his moaning. Youre like a person that would complain that someone littered but not take the initiative to pick up the trash and throw it out.

To dumb it down for you, dont complain about something but do the same thing right after.

Stop moaning about me moaning about his moaning dumbass.

dohh
18th January 2010, 02:31 PM

Stop moaning about him moaning about you moaning about his moaning, asshole.

Officer bonus is the BIGGEST joke ever.

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1329816

LordCounter
18th January 2010, 02:38 PM

respect scooter's authority >__<

fact is that on gua alone a large percentage of players do not appreciate the changes of the beta and dont wanna see them brought into the next age, something that most likely will happen.

so ive been playing since age 3 beta as well and im doubting wheter to play next age or not :p

Gem-
18th January 2010, 03:40 PM
A larger percentage of players never come near GUA.

xe-bec
18th January 2010, 03:43 PM
I will definitely be playing this age, but I expect to get my ass handed to me because I am an individual player. So basically I will be playing out of boredness.

Scooter
18th January 2010, 03:44 PM
A larger percentage of players never come near GUA.

Thats because a larger percentage of players dont care as much about the game as the ones that come on GUA. To me, catering to the players that rarely play and forgetting about the ones that do care is stupid.

And Bloo, Im not moaning. Im just showing you how retarded you come across. You can bitch and moan all you want, just realize that others are allowed to do it too.

Adrenalinejunky
18th January 2010, 04:16 PM
that describes part of the population that don't come near gua.

there are plenty of other reasons why one would choose not to, like an aversion to attention whores and bitching :P

personally i think chasing away the people who constantly have to complain about everything could be the best change thats ever been made to the game.

masterscow
18th January 2010, 04:19 PM
and silly me thinks this is the most fun i've had playing KoC....

so to those not playing next age...ty....i'll rank higher without you in my way

Bloo
18th January 2010, 04:35 PM
and silly me thinks this is the most fun i've had playing KoC....

so to those not playing next age...ty....i'll rank higher without you in my way

Lolz, me too. I wont be playing next again anyway, exams at the end of April and a few races then to, so busy training/studying, fun fun fun!

Gem has a good point, you guys just are not representative of the majority in anyway shape or form. Sorry..

death frog
18th January 2010, 06:48 PM
Gem has a good point, you guys just are not representative of the majority in anyway shape or form. Sorry..

if you dont like the thread, dont comment on it. make your own "i love all the changes to KoC" thread.

maybe they do whine too much. more and more "whiners" leave the game, age in age out. but as the number of active players goes down to a trickle, and more "whiners" leave the game, is it them, or where this game is heading thats the problem. i much prefer the "whiners", who at least have a backbone and are trying to save a game they love, then the bloo holes who are riding the ship to the bottom. time will tell who is right.

powdered_donuts
18th January 2010, 10:09 PM
*sighs* The only change I wanted to see, of all the age thirteen rules that bugs me the most, that damned multiplier from officers. So fricken lame. Even the 60 percent resale value doesn't bug me quite as much, but it's defo up there.

I think I'll play next age ....... but I also think it will be my last real age, we'll see what happens in age 14 beta, but I got a feeling that's when I'm done.

KillerK
18th January 2010, 10:38 PM
I too will be playing this age after quitting back in Age 8. The officer bonus will definitely restrict my ability to rank, but I will be happy with a top 100 account if time and patience allows.

xe-bec
19th January 2010, 12:50 AM
They should also make coverts generate a little more income. It costs so much to train them, so we should see a little back. 0.1 per covert is just way low.

LordCounter
19th January 2010, 07:23 AM
Lolz, me too. I wont be playing next again anyway, exams at the end of April and a few races then to, so busy training/studying, fun fun fun!

yea just imagine the people that play this game for so many years actually have more to say than the random noob that doesnt give 2 cents about koc (you may count yourself to that group)

Bloo
19th January 2010, 11:08 AM
yea just imagine the people that play this game for so many years actually have more to say than the random noob that doesnt give 2 cents about koc (you may count yourself to that group)

Lol, you're an idiot. I've been playing since Age 4 but I'm sure next to you I am a noob. There are people who will click half a million links an age who don't come onto GUA and post. They don't even look here or care what's said here. There must be 20-30 or so people who visit these threads in a month. So I guess what you're saying is that outside the 20-30 nobody else really counts or at least not as much?

But you are correct on one count (must be quite a novelty for ya), there is no way I care as much as you guys, at least not enough to go to the trouble of cheating.

Bloo
19th January 2010, 11:11 AM
Stop moaning about him moaning about you moaning about his moaning, asshole.

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1329816

Stop moaning abou........forget it lol. (ringpiece.)

jog1
19th January 2010, 11:27 AM
But you are correct on one count (must be quite a novelty for ya), there is no way I care as much as you guys, at least not enough to go to the trouble of cheating.

The cheating isn't really trouble, it actually saves them time :P

fistsofthor
19th January 2010, 11:42 AM
if you dont like the thread, dont comment on it. make your own "i love all the changes to KoC" thread.

maybe they do whine too much. more and more "whiners" leave the game, age in age out. but as the number of active players goes down to a trickle, and more "whiners" leave the game, is it them, or where this game is heading thats the problem. i much prefer the "whiners", who at least have a backbone and are trying to save a game they love, then the bloo holes who are riding the ship to the bottom. time will tell who is right.

people are allowed to whine and complain and be hypocritical all they want. Heck, thats part of GUA. Some rare people even make useless posts stating the obvious as a way to boost their post count. Now, I can't say I know who those people are, but they probably make life easier for the simpletons.

On a related note, if KoC stagnates, people will know it inside and out, become bored with it, quit the game, and it will die. If KoC changes, it will drive some players away.

Its caught in a trap. The only thing it can try to do is bring it way more people who are less concerned about ranking than most of you. The following thing is helpful:
bring more people in.

but, they will need to change to do that.

Personally, i think if they tried to write it as a myspace ap, or a facebook ap, such that it could be played through a facebook or myspace account, and then integrate those players into this (with a direct link to here) then that would work really well. Or at least, thats a guess.

Why? Because people are willing to play slow-paced games on myspace or facebook because they acknowledge its just a method of eating up time. I think if we could get someone to write an ap, and then have all the koc people try to distrubite it (because, while it may be somewhat embarrassing to play this game because its slow paced and tedious, it is not embarrassing to admit to playing an equally slow paced, tedious and not overly fun facebook or myspace game.

Perhaps if we made rank APPEAR more secondary there wouldnt be all these people whining: "I can't get into the top 100 without having officers and clicking and putting effort into the game".

So, thats my theory. I think with the current turn system, its possible that rocco could create a myspace/facebook ap where a player just creates a koc account and plays koc through a myspace/facebook page.

LordCounter
19th January 2010, 11:49 AM
Lol, you're an idiot. I've been playing since Age 4 but I'm sure next to you I am a noob. There are people who will click half a million links an age who don't come onto GUA and post. They don't even look here or care what's said here. There must be 20-30 or so people who visit these threads in a month. So I guess what you're saying is that outside the 20-30 nobody else really counts or at least not as much?

i cant imagine anyone who plays koc for a long period and sees the game changed so much to the point he cant play like he or she used to, that the player wont at least check the forum to see wtf is up. and if they dont, theres irc where people who do check gua pass along info through there so seriously, stf^ you retard. use common sense instead of calling me an idiot, saves me writing this post

fistsofthor
19th January 2010, 12:11 PM
i cant imagine anyone who plays koc for a long period and sees the game changed so much to the point he cant play like he or she used to, that the player wont at least check the forum to see wtf is up. and if they dont, theres irc where people who do check gua pass along info through there so seriously, stf^ you retard. use common sense instead of calling me an idiot, saves me writing this post

Or even, they could just send an in game message to their commander, or some friend of theirs who is in an alliance, and they could get something said on gua copied and pasted to them.

I mean, there is a link to GUA at the top of every KoC page. If you don't come on here to read this, you either know or can find someone who has.

Bloo
19th January 2010, 12:22 PM

Lol, you're an idiot, really. Why would anyone come here and read pages and pages of accusations and other shit, be generally abused if they make a post people disagree with etc. Look at the dates of my posts, I played for two, maybe three ages without ever bothering to look here. Most chain heads don't even bother to post here.
Half of the people who post here are so wrapped up in their own self importance on GUA they think they ARE KOC. Which was my point previously, I don't think the opinions on GUA are representative of KOC players.

fistsofthor
19th January 2010, 12:24 PM
Lol, you're an idiot, really. Why would anyone come here and read pages and pages of accusations and other shit, be generally abused if they make a post people disagree with etc. Look at the dates of my posts, I played for two, maybe three ages without ever bothering to look here. Most chain heads don't even bother to post here.
Half of the people who post here are so wrapped up in their own self importance on GUA they think they ARE KOC. (as opposed to fistsofthor who actually IS KoC) Which was my point previously, I don't think the opinions on GUA are representative of KOC players.

Well, there is just a lot of hate in this game by its nature. Its a war game and almost everyone is on a different side. Hence the mean spirit. After all, all is fair in love and war.

In any case, betas are almost never useless. we made some changes along the way.

Santa87
19th January 2010, 12:40 PM
Actually it would be a great idea to write KoC as a facebook/myspace app... Look at those current games running on ie facebook. Mafiawars, cafeworld, farmville etc.... They have sooo many players, compared to the fun of the games... I mean take cafeworld. I dunno exactly how many people play it, but I can say that around half of my friends on facebook play it... and its not even that fun... just go to your cafe, cook some meals, serve them, lvl up, buy new stuff, get new meals to cook...

I am sure that if KoC were to be put on facebook(or myspace), it would attract so many new players it wouldnt even be funny... Now most of the players wouldnt be taking the game seriously, but hey, thats what it was like in age 3-5. Had 100s of thousands of players, with maybe the top 25k taking the game seriously.

Imagine if KoC got on facebook. If just one out of 500 people were to start playing. and just one out of 50 of them, took the game seriously.... We would have a player base of 1mil, with 20k serious players... Now that would greatly increase the fun of KoC :P

LordCounter
19th January 2010, 06:14 PM
Half of the people who post here are so wrapped up in their own self importance on GUA they think they ARE KOC. Which was my point previously, I don't think the opinions on GUA are representative of KOC players.

ok in easy, small words for you:
gua is info
some people read
those ppl remember relevant things
info gets passed
info gets received by others

and its not my problem you read gua opinions, thats completely irrelevant considering rocco posts here as well

powdered_donuts
19th January 2010, 06:20 PM
Actually it would be a great idea to write KoC as a facebook/myspace app... Look at those current games running on ie facebook. Mafiawars, cafeworld, farmville etc.... They have sooo many players, compared to the fun of the games... I mean take cafeworld. I dunno exactly how many people play it, but I can say that around half of my friends on facebook play it... and its not even that fun... just go to your cafe, cook some meals, serve them, lvl up, buy new stuff, get new meals to cook...

I am sure that if KoC were to be put on facebook(or myspace), it would attract so many new players it wouldnt even be funny... Now most of the players wouldnt be taking the game seriously, but hey, thats what it was like in age 3-5. Had 100s of thousands of players, with maybe the top 25k taking the game seriously.

Imagine if KoC got on facebook. If just one out of 500 people were to start playing. and just one out of 50 of them, took the game seriously.... We would have a player base of 1mil, with 20k serious players... Now that would greatly increase the fun of KoC :P

I doubt it would be as easy as you make it sound, but it sure does sound fun.

I seriously don't see it happening though, but yea, this game way beats out like mafia wars and shit.

Even with a couple crappy changes like officer multiplier.

xe-bec
19th January 2010, 08:15 PM

I seriously don't see it happening though, but yea, this game way beats out like mafia wars and shit.

Even with a couple crappy changes like officer multiplier.

Agreed. I am so bored with Mafia Wars right now. I had everything completed at 1 point, but they started adding crap, never really got back into it. But if they managed to make even a dumbed down version with all the best stuff into an app, maybe they bring players into the main game, hell even just a link to the game that allows it to load in the myspace window using frames or something like that would be cool. I thinks its possible. Couldn't be that much work to port it could it?

boriszima
19th January 2010, 09:32 PM

that would be fun, but as you mentioned, in order to succeed you have to be original. Now since social networks already have games similar to the KOC, if KOC gets into myspace or facebook, it might not be so successful as the market is already taken up by big games.

Santa87
20th January 2010, 04:31 AM
that would be fun, but as you mentioned, in order to succeed you have to be original. Now since social networks already have games similar to the KOC, if KOC gets into myspace or facebook, it might not be so successful as the market is already taken up by big games.

Actually I havent ever seen anything slightly similar to KoC on facebook. I dunno about myspace, or the other networking sites, since I only use facebook, but I havent seen anything remotely similar to KoC on facebook. And yes, maybe it wont be that popular, since there are already tons of games on facebook/the other networking places, to play... But even if its only a fraction of those users who will start playing it, it will still be a huge increase in player base, since those sites are sooooo huge...

But yeah, I dun see that happening. As people already have said rocco has already made his buck on this game, and is only keeping it alive to please KoC community, so I highly doubt he will go through the trouble to code it to fit the network places...

And another small fact is, that most(if not all) of those games played in facebook, have some area, where you can buy stuff with actual money(ie, marfiawars have godfarther points, cafeworld has those cafe points), and if that were implemented into KoC it would totally ruin the whole KoC experience imo.

Shane-
20th January 2010, 04:41 AM
You would be surprised how you can use facebook connect to use already build game/applications, and/or how easy facebook makes written applications, My first fb app took ~25 minutes (was only a basic app), but it would probs take about 5-6 hours max for admins to be able to 100% incorporate a KoC into a facebook app, as well as having koc.com all working side by side together

I already suggested this to Rocco on 12/17/08 when the game was declining faster than normal, that he should open up the game to a whole new audience, which would cost him nothing but a little bit of time.

Hey Shane,
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. This is a really interesting idea. I'm wondering what either a standalone KOC application in facebook would be like, or if there would be a simple way to tie it back into the main game so that players could play KOC on facebook (perhaps with a simplified interface).
Let me run it by Ben and Aman and see what their thoughts are. Keep me in the loop.
Thanks,
-Rocco

I never heard back from him about the matter since, which was a little rude, but I guess Ben or Aman didn't like the idea.

Shane

Pj-
20th January 2010, 05:23 AM
could be fun a fun idea, and yes, I'd let all my friends join me!
if this comes true, we def need to keep the officerbonus lol :p