PDA

View Full Version : we have an officer bonus. how about a commander bonus?

Santa87
18th January 2010, 05:27 AM
I have a suggestion to make a commander bonus, where the officer gets some bonus for being officer another player... that has been suggested before, but I don't think this exact variation has been suggested....

My idea would be to give each person a certain commander bonus, that deppends on his strength. It could be his overall strength, his amount of soldiers, his TBG, rank, or some other factor, but the central issue, would be that it deppended on strength.
That commanders bonus can then be distributed throughout the officers(either automatically or manually).
Ie the standard to be distributed could be X(1+y)<(where X is the stats of the officers, and the y is the pct increase, starting with y=0), and it would then increase with the strength of the commander. So if you have just started playing the game, you have nothing to distribute, making it not very attractive for officers to join you. Then as your strength increase, so will the bonus you can distribute. ofcourse it can't be too much of a bonus, or it would grow totally out of proportions.

But imagine two players who are equal in strength. lets say they are ranked around #30 or #40. Let those two people have a officer bonus of X5, which they can then distribute over their officers. If the first officer have 10 officers, he can distribute +.5 to each officer(automatic scenario), other guy only have 5 officers, so he can distribute +1 to each officer.

Since the commander will get a higher bonus the more officers he have, the balance should be made, so he will loose the same from loosing an officer, as his officers will gain, from there being one less officer for the bonus to be distributed to.

If the we go with the manual scenario(commander can choose how to distribute bonus amongst officers) it should be made so the bonus will be less overall, if he distributes it unevenly, there is max amount to distribute if he distributes it equally amongst officers, though, if he for an example choose to favour his top 5 officers, while the last five gets nothing, he would only have half bonus to distribute amongst them.

I dunno if you think its a good idea, but I think it could be interesting.

saulot
18th January 2010, 08:50 AM
think a commander bonus is a very good idea

HellBoy
18th January 2010, 09:20 AM
How about, you can decide how much percentage you can give to each officer.

Max that can be given to one person is 10% of total? (though you still get to keep that 10% to yourself)

And max you can give to all officers added up together is 20% at start, and you can upgrade it with experience to 25, 30, etc etc until you hit 100%? Or is that too high?

What a great idea^^

HB

Seneca
18th January 2010, 09:25 AM
Great idea man HellBoy, it's a miracle you're not world leader yet with such well working brains.

iLydia
18th January 2010, 09:34 AM
Hellboy, I concur.

chemikills
18th January 2010, 11:08 AM
The stronger the player the more officers he gets and the stronger he then becomes. Doesn't sound that good to me

OTC
18th January 2010, 11:19 AM
Sounds like another lacn styled bs "improvement" to the game. I vote we take all officer bonuses out and make damned sure they never return.

Gem-
18th January 2010, 02:11 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I still think that commanders should reward their officers themselves. It means more when it comes out of the account they're helping you build...