PDA

View Full Version : random ban thread

dohh
16th January 2010, 04:20 PM
wasup I can has ban randomly (again) too, I lol'd :worship2:

Mar
16th January 2010, 04:24 PM
they've been banning allot of players this time...also the 'bigger' accounts.

TGF, Zeus, Shane, VictoryRose...

If you guys just deleted your accounts for fun and did not get banned, then say so :D

Doc
16th January 2010, 05:08 PM
Cheaters get all they deserve. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

God pays debts without money.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BAN THEM FOR LIFE

Rocco
16th January 2010, 05:12 PM
For everyone we banned we had proof-of-cheating. If you know someone is cheating who was not banned, email me at rocco@kingsofchaos.com and include evidence of cheating.

Semper.Fidelis
16th January 2010, 05:24 PM
The majority of the banned accounts are not really a surprise more that they actually got banned.
Finally a step in the right direction.
Nice job Rocco!

Bloo
16th January 2010, 05:32 PM
Well done Rocco.
At last, but you've got to keep this up now :)

Not so long ago I was sabbed by the same players 10 times in 3 seconds ffs.

No surprise at the accounts, these are the same people who think everybody cheats. Well, everybody doesn't cheat.

SO FUNNY! Losers.

But Rocco, you should name and shame these people. You should tell us what they've done.

RoyalTheory
16th January 2010, 05:44 PM
For everyone we banned we had proof-of-cheating. If you know someone is cheating who was not banned, email me at rocco@kingsofchaos.com and include evidence of cheating.

So if you had proof than why didnt you ban in real ages? Oh wait people would just not come back and you'd lose even more money than you would if you made shitty changes (Which you did also). So you do this to gain the happiness of people, than go back to actully not caring unless someone makes it obvious in the real age, then have a beta age in 3 ages when people are complaining about cheaters and repeat.

dohh
16th January 2010, 05:48 PM
just did it for the lulz

"why was i banned"
'read the rules'
"i did but what did i do wrong?"
'oh you know what you did'
"no i don't know that's why i'm asking?"
'read the rules'
:rolleyes1

if there is proof then why not respond with something other than a copy/paste bullshit ambiguous response when people ask on IRC or email inquiring as to why?......... j/w

*bullshit response: see above quote

capkop
16th January 2010, 05:49 PM
Thanks Rocco, been waiting long for this :) Hopefully people will be more reluctant to cheat in the real age now, and if they aren't, then I hope you will continue along these lines

Rocco
16th January 2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks Rocco, been waiting long for this :) Hopefully people will be more reluctant to cheat in the real age now, and if they aren't, then I hope you will continue along these lines

We will.

Bloo
16th January 2010, 05:52 PM
So if you had proof than why didnt you ban in real ages? Oh wait people would just not come back and you'd lose even more money than you would if you made shitty changes (Which you did also). So you do this to gain the happiness of people, than go back to actully not caring unless someone makes it obvious in the real age, then have a beta age in 3 ages when people are complaining about cheaters and repeat.

Lol, were you banned?
How can't you give him stick for banning CHEATS?!

SpiderWoman
16th January 2010, 05:56 PM
Rocco good job banning accounts for cheating, but should of done it sooner in my book. I'm still in shock about TGF being banned as Merv was playing the account and says he didn't do anything wrong.

Oh and bad timing on the banning too, I was setting up to hit shane and hit attack and was logged out. Couldn't you have waited another two seconds till I got his gold?

RoyalTheory
16th January 2010, 05:57 PM
Lol, were you banned?
How can't you give him stick for banning CHEATS?!

So you actully think he will ban during the real age? He never did before. And thats exactly what he wants, people to be happy with him doing that. Id post like the other people if he did it in a real age, instead of a Beta.

I said it before and Il say it again, he did this for one reason only, and it wasnt so KoC will be cheater free. It was an attempt to gain back the trust that he actully cares, but if he wanted to do that, he would have done it at the end of Age 12, not Age 13 beta where he refuses to count the ranks. Il be surprised if a main gets banned in Age 13 for real.

Bloo
16th January 2010, 05:59 PM
Rocco good job banning accounts for cheating, but should of done it sooner in my book. I'm still in shock about TGF being banned as Merv was playing the account and says he didn't do anything wrong.

Oh and bad timing on the banning too, I was setting up to hit shane and hit attack and was logged out. Couldn't you have waited another two seconds till I got his gold?

Lol, unlucky with the hit. I'd think it's more effective banning once people have built nice accounts. I'd be pretty pissed at the moment if I had a 1m + tff and then got banned. I'd probably not care so much if it was early in the age.

Danny
16th January 2010, 06:07 PM
I'm not banned.

Go me, i'm so cool.

dohh
16th January 2010, 06:08 PM
Lol, unlucky with the hit. I'd think it's more effective banning once people have built nice accounts. I'd be pretty pissed at the moment if I had a 1m + tff and then got banned. I'd probably not care so much if it was early in the age.

from what I've seen, most people are taking it as more of an excuse from the addiction and getting more sleep.

Doc
16th January 2010, 06:13 PM
So you actully think he will ban during the real age? He never did before. And thats exactly what he wants, people to be happy with him doing that. Id post like the other people if he did it in a real age, instead of a Beta.

I said it before and Il say it again, he did this for one reason only, and it wasnt so KoC will be cheater free. It was an attempt to gain back the trust that he actully cares, but if he wanted to do that, he would have done it at the end of Age 12, not Age 13 beta where he refuses to count the ranks. Il be surprised if a main gets banned in Age 13 for real.

Hey Dude.
I cant undertand why you are complaining about cheaters being banned....maybe your one of them and is pissed because you got caught out.
I believs Rocco will ban ANYONE, in any age, if they cheat...AND SO HE SHOULD. If he doesnt then the cheating will drive more regular players away from the game.

Compliments to Rocco.

Shane-
16th January 2010, 06:15 PM
Congraz to the mods and admins for finally having the balls to do something about cheaters/rule breakers.

It's nice to see that finally mains such as myself, TheGodFather_LaCN and Hellboy_LoP did in fact get treated the exact same as small accounts. Fingers crossed this carry's over to the real age, and cheating is eliminated, especially in the high ranks.

Shane

RoyalTheory
16th January 2010, 06:20 PM
Hey Dude.
I cant undertand why you are complaining about cheaters being banned....maybe your one of them and is pissed because you got caught out.
I believs Rocco will ban ANYONE, in any age, if they cheat...AND SO HE SHOULD. If he doesnt then the cheating will drive more regular players away from the game.

Compliments to Rocco.

Find where Im complaining, I wasnt being serious at the start, just poking fun at Roccos lack of proof (Even though he did ban for sure cheaters) now Im poking fun at ignorant people who think he did this to purge cheaters from KoC when hes obviously just doing it to gain KoCs trust back after making stupid move after stupid move this Beta age. He doesnt give a damm people are cheating or else he'd ban people when the ranks are kept. If he actully does a ban wave like this in a real age, Il accept Im wrong.

Bloo
16th January 2010, 06:25 PM
Find where Im complaining, I wasnt being serious at the start, just poking fun at Roccos lack of proof (Even though he did ban for sure cheaters) now Im poking fun at ignorant people who think he did this to purge cheaters from KoC when hes obviously just doing it to gain KoCs trust back after making stupid move after stupid move this Beta age. He doesnt give a damm people are cheating or else he'd ban people when the ranks are kept. If he actully does a ban wave like this in a real age, Il accept Im wrong.

Ignorant people? Lolz, pot kettle and black.

He has banned in real ages, several times.

RoyalTheory
16th January 2010, 06:29 PM
Ignorant people? Lolz, pot kettle and black.

He has banned in real ages, several times.

Hes never banned a main or a giant account before unless there is so much proof he would look bad. Hes had the same proof he used to ban everyone today, but hes never used it. Icesword last age would probably be an example of too much proof, though I dont know what the proof is.

He will never ban a main unless the main trys to make it look like they are cheating.

Banning someone here and there isnt the same thing as banning most of the cheaters like he did today.

Shredmeister
16th January 2010, 06:30 PM
Congraz to the mods and admins for finally having the balls to do something about cheaters/rule breakers.

It's nice to see that finally mains such as myself, TheGodFather_LaCN and Hellboy_LoP did in fact get treated the exact same as small accounts. Fingers crossed this carry's over to the real age, and cheating is eliminated, especially in the high ranks.

Shane

+rep for having the balls to own up Shane.

Now let's see if Merv, Tony, and HB will too. :P

Bloo
16th January 2010, 06:35 PM
Shane, what exactly did you do to cheat?
Anyone else who cheated care to spill the beans?

RoyalTheory, there ave been lots, Matt77, Shane and many many more. I'm sure someone could fill in the blanks.

HellBoy
16th January 2010, 06:48 PM
Nicely said Shane!

It was about time we all got banned, anyways, lol.

This was beta, and I am sure that the number of cheaters had doubled or tripled, especially that admins made it so easy for players to cheat..

Next age, real age 13, will be a different story:) for me at least..

Your awakening cost me my account, but still good job Rocco! Hope you keep the effort up into the real age..

HB

RoyalTheory
16th January 2010, 06:49 PM

RoyalTheory, there ave been lots, Matt77, Shane and many many more. I'm sure someone could fill in the blanks.

Shane has not been banned in the ages Ive been playing, and he hasnt been banned for several before that Im fairly certain.

Rocco is too afraid to lose page views to do this in a real age.

Fargus
16th January 2010, 06:50 PM
from what I've seen, most people are taking it as more of an excuse from the addiction and getting more sleep.

Wish that would help, just got banned cause can't sleep .. lol
3 hrs in intervals maximum a day.. so i'm banned for being a human autobuyer!!!

keep it up, we have proof.. lol yeah.. although, did not really check if someone was there or not.. so banned on suspicion, not proof rocco

Shredmeister
16th January 2010, 06:50 PM
Seems Merv is still a chicken shit, lol.

Doc
16th January 2010, 06:52 PM

Shane is Bad Person - his mother should give him a good smack once in a while and teach him to be good !

He has wrecked many accounts through his cheating ways and has got away with it for many and age. Now its Davids turn now that Golliath has fallen.

A couple more cheaters:

Adrenilinejunky (not active)
Agramon (not active)
Probably fake or cheating accounts as they both went down exacly the same time.

Bloo
16th January 2010, 06:57 PM
Shane is Bad Person - his mother should give him a good smack once in a while and teach him to be good !

He has wrecked many accounts through his cheating ways and has got away with it for many and age. Now its Davids turn now that Golliath has fallen.

A couple more cheaters:

Agramon (not active)

Lol. Don't know if you're being serious with the David and Goliath shit.

People should really not join the cheats next age. I mean, why would you want all your effort to be wasted by a main that cheats and gets banned?
Peeps should stay away from LOP, TFE, SR, LACN and join under me instead.

Danny
16th January 2010, 06:57 PM

Shane made an Autobuyer, Baigo went on a mad one on IRC and spammed it out, now this havok happens.

Happy days.

Doc
16th January 2010, 06:59 PM
Lol. Don't know if you're being serious with the David and Goliath shit.

People should really not join the cheats next age. I mean, why would you want all your effort to be wasted by a main that cheats and gets banned?
Peeps should stay away from LOP, TFE, SR, LACN and join under me instead.

hey dude you have a good point there.... what name are you in the game...I may consider your offer.

Fargus
16th January 2010, 07:00 PM
A couple more cheaters:

Agramon (not active)

Agramon is mine, and would want to see that proof
As have the idea it's because of what posted a few back.
And I have proof I don't sleep as always am online.. on IRC also..
have loads that can verify that!

Shane-
16th January 2010, 07:03 PM
Shane made an Autobuyer, Baigo went on a mad one on IRC and spammed it out, now this havok happens.

Happy days.

You'll find that is incorrect.

Shane

Scooter
16th January 2010, 07:45 PM
[20:27:37] <Scooter> hi, wondering why im suspended
[20:27:59] <Scooter> and please dont copy me the rule page, not to be rude, but if i knew what rule i broke i wouldnt be asking
[20:30:51] <Scooter> or not
[20:30:52] <Scooter> that works too
[20:34:08] <Rocco> sorry, we don't intend to be rude, but we are not going to outline why people were suspended beyond the fact that they were cheating and we have proof. you're welcome to play age 13 but as long as you follow the rules.
[20:34:27] <Scooter> well, itll be hard to not do the same thing next age if i dont know what it is
[20:39:08] <Scooter> apparently that must not matter much
[20:39:22] <Scooter> im sure you dont mind taking peoples accounts away when they are unaware of what they are doing wrong
[20:39:25] <Scooter> and will continue to do so
[20:39:35] <Scooter> and continue to lose players for it because youre unwilling to work with us
[20:40:44] <Scooter> and give reasons such as "youre incorporated with Shane" as a reason
[20:40:52] <Scooter> which still explains nothing

This is why KoC is dying. If I was "cheating", Id know, and I wouldnt ask why. Id like an explanation so I dont do "it" again. Although I havent played KoC any differently than before and Ive never had this happen.

lostmetallica
16th January 2010, 07:53 PM
I would also like to know why. Now I wasn't banned, but i still wanna know what everyone is being banned for, specially the ones that really seem to have done nothing they know of.

Doc
16th January 2010, 08:01 PM
Agramon is mine, and would want to see that proof
As have the idea it's because of what posted a few back.
And I have proof I don't sleep as always am online.. on IRC also..
have loads that can verify that!

Lolzzz, Dude, its not us you have to convince....its Rocco you have to disprove. He has the evidence and besides.....Shane has owned up to it...pity you havent.

CHEATER.

funny_bone83
16th January 2010, 08:10 PM
i'm the same as scooter, i was working on banking and repairing my weapons. all I did was banking everywhere i could, on my phone, while at school, at home and at my gf's house. anyway this would be a good way to get me a little break from being on KOC for about 16 hours a day and sleeping for a few hours a night.
I should congratz NWO and RF for winning the beta.

MFnBonsai
16th January 2010, 08:28 PM
Cannot say anymore than seen this comming for a long time and those that post here claiming they don't know what they did to get banned know exactly what they were doing....

I can lmao at a couple of posts here especially casting the blame on rocco but those that cheated can only cast the blame on themselves....

Sure the no captchas gave an incentive for those to cheat but whose choice was it to use and abuse those incentives....

JDX
16th January 2010, 08:31 PM
Cannot say anymore than seen this comming for a long time and those that post here claiming they don't know what they did to get banned know exactly what they were doing....

I can lmao at a couple of posts here especially casting the blame on rocco but those that cheated can only cast the blame on themselves....

Sure the no captchas gave an incentive for those to cheat but whose choice was it to use and abuse those incentives....

You're so full of it. I didn't cheat, I barely played this age. Thanks for chasing a legitimate player away.

MFnBonsai
16th January 2010, 08:32 PM
You're so full of it. I didn't cheat, I barely played this age. Thanks for chasing a legitimate player away.

Account name?

JDX
16th January 2010, 08:34 PM
MFnB33RK1NG. The most I played was a couple hour mass a few days ago when a chain tick'd me off. You can even check in the pm's of the guy I was talking to while all it was going down.

HoMiCiD3
16th January 2010, 08:37 PM

Happy days.
Why are you so happy? you're own main was banned too lol.

I am rather curious why rocco will not give an explanation other than "you were cheating". I doubt you do actually have evidence and you just banned them for the hell of it just because it is a beta and you thought it might be funny. It is funny :). However if you want to stop cheating in your game, why would you knowingly make it easier? Just to tempt people into cheating so you can ban them? It's only human to cheat, if there is a temptation to cheat and get away with it then most people will do it. Those that deny it are mostly full of shit.

If it was just for fun admit it, if you really have evidence provide it, because i'm fairly sure atleast a few of the accounts you banned weren't cheating, simply because they weren't even playing the age actively to care enough to cheat.

It's really funny that those people praising rocco for all these bannings are the ones who would support their mains who were banned. Don't bullshit people, own up, you knew they were cheating either admit it or shut the hell up.

nirvanaisking
16th January 2010, 09:27 PM
I would just like to know if there was one common offense that many of these "cheaters" commited so that I don't make the same mistake and end up wondering why I get banned in the future. I don't want names of people who cheated or anything like that I just would like to know if there is something people are unaware of that may be against the rules. Regardless of whether Rocco or some of the alleged cheaters tell us I would just like to know.

OTC
16th January 2010, 09:34 PM
Rocco, you and your admin team are complete and total morons. I can say this because you only got things partly right by banning some big accounts, but you failed heavily in other areas.

Dont be a bitch and give players that line of bullshit like "you cheated, you know what you did". That is saying nothing more than "hey, someone said you cheated and I dont have the proof but you are doing well so you must have cheated". Why dont you get your head out of your ass and make one simple post telling us all what the players did that got banned.

But hey, if you did that then you might actually have to provide some proof, wouldnt you? You could start by getting rid of the corrupt and biased "mods" you have now. They are blowing so much smoke up your ass that it is bad for your health, literally. You need to learn how to man up instead of hiding behind your weak and hormonal mod team. There is only one of them on your team that is level headed, and even that one has been known to get shit pulled over their eyes too.

Rocco, If you have the proof, provide it. If you dont, then just go away like you always have in the past and let the game get on with it's own vices.

Have a nice f'in day.

OTC
16th January 2010, 09:51 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing...

You seriously need to get a collar on the newbies that are talking just to feel their ass jerk. I mean seriously, you seem to be behaving lately like a poorly mastered ass puppet. Nothing you have done has made any sense at all, probably because of the source of your information? I say that with a "?" because I cant get a handle on much of anything you have done recently that was original or fit into the game as we knew it.

The facts are simple. You have made this game a mockery of it's self and who can blame anyone for cheating. Hell, at least if we cheat, all your screwed up changes wont matter. If we dont have to log in much we dont get confused as to where in the hell you even got the concept of some of the changes. So why bother being legit, you made the whole game one big joke, and it's not even a funny one. The only thing amusing are the knee jerk movements that emulate through your weak answers and the slight amusement of "What in the fuck has he done now?" questions that come out of your changes.

ArxSerpens
16th January 2010, 10:14 PM
Lulz, 'You know what you did'. I can guess probably a half dozen or so reasons I could have been banned, lol, rather curious what reasons he actually thought he had though.

I have to agree with others, this was a long time coming, glad to see a move finally made on some. I find it amusing looking at accounts I know cheat still around though, lol.

Also surprised at several bans, considering the players weren't active much at all, lol

death frog
16th January 2010, 10:46 PM
so i'm confused, do beta cheats count for less points? i read all them damn rules and didnt see where it said you could practice cheat during beta ages. ban these bitches if they really got the proof. but they dont. and they wont. and as next age starts and they go back to their high perch's they so rightfully deserve, dont wonder why your game is dying. stand up Rocco. dont just slap wrists. STAND THE FUCK UP !!!

xe-bec
16th January 2010, 10:52 PM
cheating BAD. Honesty GOOD...

I don't live in the real world.

ToturiShoujiki
16th January 2010, 10:57 PM
...He doesnt give a damm people are cheating or else he'd ban people when the ranks are kept...There's a first time for everything.

powdered_donuts
16th January 2010, 11:03 PM
........ I did not see this coming personally, but I like :) not only did rocco do away with cheaters, he also got the best thread so far this age going on gua :D

I found it funny as shit that Shane posted in here now to say good job at rocco for getting rid of cheaters, and the whole time before that he denied and took offense to any situation where it was even close of someone accusing him of cheating.

It also made me crack up something fierce that DOH started this thread after the 4b attack turn cought several times in a row. :)

WTG Rocco

I sincerely hope you'll keep cheaters out when the real age hits.

To all you cheaters, you know what you did.

And congrats to K_W_ for being the highest ranking non cheater. ;)

SleepingDragon
16th January 2010, 11:13 PM
This episode reminds me of the Major League steroid scandal. Good accounts are made great by some sort of external advantage that creates an unfair playing field. Apparently this has been going on for a long time and no one did anything? Well, I guess it's better late than never.

I'm just glad no one is starting a witch hunt for the reasons for these bans or persecuting specific players or clans, they deserve privacy since bans are about player integrity. On the other hand, if it was a suspension (you know, something LESS severe and LESS worthy of idolatry), you'd bet I'd be out there with my shovel digging up the dirt to throw back on the cheaters. :rofl:

Shane-
16th January 2010, 11:14 PM
........ I did not see this coming personally, but I like :) not only did rocco do away with cheaters, he also got the best thread so far this age going on gua :D

I found it funny as shit that Shane posted in here now to say good job at rocco for getting rid of cheaters, and the whole time before that he denied and took offense to any situation where it was even close of someone accusing him of cheating.

It also made me crack up something fierce that DOH started this thread after the 4b attack turn cought several times in a row. :)

WTG Rocco

I sincerely hope you'll keep cheaters out when the real age hits.

To all you cheaters, you know what you did.

And congrats to K_W_ for being the highest ranking non cheater. ;)

All my growth is and was legal.

Shane

powdered_donuts
16th January 2010, 11:14 PM
All my growth is and was legal.

Shane

Didn't take ya long to get defensive, did it? I didn't even say a word about growth. :D

xjkryex
16th January 2010, 11:17 PM
the people were obviously using AB.. which this age would be a joke to make given no capchas... any person that knows how to make a primitive macro could do it... youll find the majority of the accounts banned had high TFF so an AB would benefit them much more than others.

Athrun
17th January 2010, 12:57 AM
I got banned and dunno why. I was only active for a week or two at the start then only logged in once a day (sometimes once every 2 or more days) to repair my weapons.

The only reason I could think of me getting banned was i used a certain gm script, but some other people that use it aren't banned (yet?).

I don't really care 'bout this game anymore, but it would be nice to know the reason why i was banned.

-Grabacr

Seneca
17th January 2010, 07:31 AM
But Rocco, you should name and shame these people. You should tell us what they've done.

It wouldn't hurt to know why we got banned, indeed.

Seems Merv is still a chicken shit, lol.

Maybe, maybe you should be careful with yelling at people for doing things you did yourself.
Oh noes cheating accusations.

willg
17th January 2010, 07:50 AM
I got banned and dunno why. I was only active for a week or two at the start then only logged in once a day (sometimes once every 2 or more days) to repair my weapons.

The only reason I could think of me getting banned was i used a certain gm script, but some other people that use it aren't banned (yet?).

I don't really care 'bout this game anymore, but it would be nice to know the reason why i was banned.

-Grabacr

What he said, i played the same i did this age, as last age, and since 2005. Why the change? Is using Ac/Suitcase now illegal? Or...

Bloo
17th January 2010, 08:12 AM
No one is flaming Rocco for banning you illiterate dumbass. Maybe if you actully tead the posts. People are telling Rocco he needs to give real explantions, because his reasons are so vauge. And Rocco needs to do this when it matters.

Not a single person is saying they shouldnt ban cheaters.

But after reading your posts I've come to expect this stupidity from you.

I reckon Rocco will not tell us why they cheated. But all the Mods and Rocco have stated that they are 100% certain that they did cheat. Some cheaters have already fessed up. That's good enough for me. I'd believe Rocco of some tard players anyday. Why, because he has nothing to gain from banning players.

He can't tell us how they cheated as some of these players cheat in everyway possible. If he told them what he caught them doing they'd carry on cheating using whatever he didn't catch. Better to keep them guessing. That's why all these whiny ass bitches are on here ranting, they want to know what illegal tools Rocco hasn't caught them using. At least one of the big 4 has cheated in each and every age he has ever played. They just can't bring themselves to play without being assholes.

RoyalTheory
17th January 2010, 08:18 AM
I reckon Rocco will not tell us why they cheated. But all the Mods and Rocco have stated that they are 100% certain that they did cheat. Some cheaters have already fessed up. That's good enough for me. I'd believe Rocco of some tard players anyday. Why, because he has nothing to gain from banning players.

He can't tell us how they cheated as some of these players cheat in everyway possible. If he told them what he caught them doing they'd carry on cheating using whatever he didn't catch. Better to keep them guessing. That's why all these whiny ass bitches are on here ranting, they want to know what illegal tools Rocco hasn't caught them using. At least one of the big 4 has cheated in each and every age he has ever played. They just can't bring themselves to play without being assholes.

There are legitimate people who probably were banned though, and those are the people that need a reason. Even though most of the people they banned, probably were cheating, I guarentee there was no concrete proof they were cheating, and it was assumptions because they knew they had to be cheating, but had no proof, which is how the mod team has banned in the past, no diffrent this time around.

Rocco wont give an explantion, not so it tells the public how they cheated, but if he did he would need to give real proof. Its like if a murderer kills someone, and you know he killed that person, but you have no proof, everyone knows they killed that person, but theres no evidence for the conviction, can you still convict them? And if you had evidence and you refused to give it, thats not evidence. Telling them they know what they did isnt good enough. I know ofc its a game, but you need to give proof + explantion, even though you know they know they were cheating.

Lopina
17th January 2010, 08:29 AM
An appeal to rocco

Please, make a thread here, available to public, i which you will write the names of the banned ones, reasons why they were banned, and supply evidence of their alleged cheating, please

LordCounter
17th January 2010, 08:37 AM
Rocco, you and your admin team are complete and total morons. I can say this because you only got things partly right by banning some big accounts, but you failed heavily in other areas.

Dont be a bitch and give players that line of bullshit like "you cheated, you know what you did". That is saying nothing more than "hey, someone said you cheated and I dont have the proof but you are doing well so you must have cheated". Why dont you get your head out of your ass and make one simple post telling us all what the players did that got banned.

But hey, if you did that then you might actually have to provide some proof, wouldnt you? You could start by getting rid of the corrupt and biased "mods" you have now. They are blowing so much smoke up your ass that it is bad for your health, literally. You need to learn how to man up instead of hiding behind your weak and hormonal mod team. There is only one of them on your team that is level headed, and even that one has been known to get shit pulled over their eyes too.

Rocco, If you have the proof, provide it. If you dont, then just go away like you always have in the past and let the game get on with it's own vices.

Have a nice f'in day.

or.....he doesnt wanna tell anyone to give others an idea how to cheat (you know most ways are just really easy you just need to know how and what) or he fears ppl will find out how bad ppl have cheated the past few ages lol

we all know those top accounts cheated, only one that is man enough to admit it is shane and he sure do knows how to cheat.

so seriously otc and the others, you know you can get caught if you cheat thats the risk you take so stop bitching about it asking for reasons bla bla bla you know you cheated...who cares, try again next age, maybe even try cheating again next age, just make sure you dont bitch about it lol

Seneca
17th January 2010, 08:39 AM
No one is flaming Rocco for banning you illiterate dumbass. Maybe if you actully tead the posts. People are telling Rocco he needs to give real explantions, because his reasons are so vauge. And Rocco needs to do this when it matters.

Yea, I'm a bit pissed cause he never explained, and also because he banned my sisters and brother, which bon has known about for ages, he knows they're not my accounts, they haven't cheated in any possible way...

Adrenalinejunky
17th January 2010, 08:41 AM

A couple more cheaters:

Agramon (not active)

i was indeed suspended, by the way, there is only 1 i in my name :P

Cheops
17th January 2010, 08:43 AM
Shane and HB acknowledged Rocco banned them for a good reason/fairly (right?). I think we can assume from that they know what they got banned for. Maybe they feel like sharing =) ?

Bloo
17th January 2010, 08:49 AM
Shane and HB acknowledged Rocco banned them for a good reason/fairly (right?). I think we can assume from that they know what they got banned for. Maybe they feel like sharing =) ?

They can't, because they cheat in so many ways they don't know what Rocco caught them out on. They still intend to cheat next age. If they give up any information then Rocco might find other ways in which they've cheated and plug the gaps.

willg
17th January 2010, 08:50 AM
How come some players were suspended? And others banned? When both stop them from completing the age? Is there a difference, that must mean there are reasons behind the bans if some just got suspended and others completely banned.

Adrenalinejunky
17th January 2010, 08:50 AM
another thought on no explanations - it is entirely possible that they don't want people to know what they were caught for so they don't continue doing what they were getting away with.

does kinda suck if someone did get caught in the crossfire but that line of reasoning is perfectly logical.

Adrenalinejunky
17th January 2010, 08:51 AM
They can't, because they cheat in so many ways they don't know what Rocco caught them out on. They still intend to cheat next age. If they give up any information then Rocco might find other ways in which they've cheated and plug the gaps.

well aren't you quite the cynic.

LordCounter
17th January 2010, 08:51 AM

# Attempting to cause harm to the any of the Kings of Chaos servers
# Attempting in any way to circumvent the mechanisms set up to keep Kings of Chaos fair

one of these im guessing lol

Danny
17th January 2010, 09:13 AM
heh, new rules?

Emphasis
17th January 2010, 09:30 AM

Tell that to Icesword hehe

powdered_donuts
17th January 2010, 09:34 AM
How come some players were suspended? And others banned? When both stop them from completing the age? Is there a difference, that must mean there are reasons behind the bans if some just got suspended and others completely banned.

Failure to adhere to the above posted rules and guidelines may result in account suspension or termination. Kings of Chaos reserves the right to change these rules at any time, without notice.

# Attempting to cause harm to the any of the Kings of Chaos servers
# Attempting in any way to circumvent the mechanisms set up to keep Kings of Chaos fair

one of these im guessing lol

my guess was not one of these, but all of these:

Posting links in the Kings of Chaos chat, Kings of Chaos forums, or anywhere it is against the policies

Using any process which enables clicking beyond that which is intended by gameplay mechanisms

Downloading any part of the Kings of Chaos website with any piece of software other than a web browser

Using any process that automatically gets information from the website

Using any process that automatically posts information to the website

Accessing any part of the Kings of Chaos website via proxy

Attempting in any way to circumvent the mechanisms set up to keep Kings of Chaos fair

Any browser used to access the Kings of Chaos website must adhere to the following rules:

Additional information inserted by in-browser add-ons may be displayed, provided that this information is passively displayed and does not execute gameplay decisions

Any such recruiting systems or "recruiters" must adhere to the following guideline:

* Recruiting click-through images must be recognized and clicked by a human being without the aid of optical recognition software

* Players may only click recruit links to give their own account morale. They may not click for someone else.

Batman
17th January 2010, 09:59 AM
I think the mods should provide proof to the person whom they have banned,at least they'll know the reason behind the ban.
Many have been accidentally banned,and after doing all the hard work only to meet such a brutal end. :(

capkop
17th January 2010, 10:05 AM
I think the mods should provide proof to the person whom they have banned,at least they'll know the reason behind the ban.
Many have been accidentally banned,and after doing all the hard work only to meet such a brutal end. :(I think its more like many claim to have been accidently banned. Its always like that, people get banned and claim innocense.. I expect 95%+ of the bans are accounts that did indeed cheat. Though of some bans I was quite suprised and am likewise suprised to see 1 or 2 faces on the BF still.

SleepingDragon
17th January 2010, 10:51 AM

Why should Rocco explain what the BETA bans are for when a new age, which people can play again, begins soon. The only stupidity in this thread is from those that cheated yet continuously bitched about how KoC sucked when they already had unfair advantages on the other players.

Is it really that important of a game to cheat? That's the only thing that needs explaining, but if people don't want to answer that they deserve to the right to decline. :thumbsup:

PS: Kudos to Rocco and the Mod team for not leaking information out on the cheaters, it'd be sad to see the KoC community persecute players for actual bannable offenses.

PPS: Wait, Seneca was banned too? LOLcopter

Scooter
17th January 2010, 11:00 AM
Didn't take ya long to get defensive, did it? I didn't even say a word about growth. :D

Well, if he didnt post anything, Im sure you would have said "Look, you cant even defend yourself because you know you cheated!" or some stupid bullshit like that. Hes not being defensive, hes just not being walked on.

And I fail to see how I used an AB. Im not sure if any of you know about it, but here at my school, I have to log into a program called Cisco Clean Access Agent to able to access the internet. Every so often during periods of idling, I get logged out of the program. Makes using an AB useless because I cant leave my computer or else I get logged out of the internet.

And for those of you who would stupidly say something about a banker, thats impossible too. School ports are blocked for that and if I got logged out of Cisco, thered be no way to connect to my computer either.

Im still curious about what I did wrong.

Adrenalinejunky
17th January 2010, 11:17 AM
scooter -

based on your post, it could be

though IMO thats a pretty dumb rule, accessing through a proxy could include ALOT of things that are perfectly legitimate.

or maybe its something else, i don't reallly know...

Mudvayne
17th January 2010, 11:22 AM
Awwww, when LaCN approved me Merv was my bf mod contact. Oh what should I do now???

All joking aside it would be nice to know what they did wrong so that others won't do it. You can't really call them being made an example of when we don't know what they did.

RoyalTheory
17th January 2010, 11:29 AM
Comparison to criminal activity is hardly the same thing.

He doesnt have to do anything, its his game, his rules. He could pull the plug tomorrow if he wanted to.

No one is forcing anyone to play, if you dont trust him or like his rules, play another game, simple.

Obviously its very diffrent but its an example that helps to show the similarities.

Thats right, he could pull the plug today, but then he'd lose money. Roccos been trying to revitilize the game for a long time, so why would he decide that was a waste and end it now.

Why should Rocco explain what the BETA bans are for when a new age, which people can play again, begins soon. The only stupidity in this thread is from those that cheated yet continuously bitched about how KoC sucked when they already had unfair advantages on the other players.

Is it really that important of a game to cheat? That's the only thing that needs explaining, but if people don't want to answer that they deserve to the right to decline. :thumbsup:

PS: Kudos to Rocco and the Mod team for not leaking information out on the cheaters, it'd be sad to see the KoC community persecute players for actual bannable offenses.

Its not like telling them what they did wrong would help the cheaters make better cheating tools. If they are banned they probably know what cheating tool got caught so they will make it better regardless.

He should tell them what they did, because then thats at least giving a little proof of them cheating.

Tell that to Icesword hehe

To my knowledge there was a lot of proof he was cheating, and thats why. I mentioned him as an example of a lot of proof and being banned

Scooter
17th January 2010, 11:54 AM
scooter -

based on your post, it could be

though IMO thats a pretty dumb rule, accessing through a proxy could include ALOT of things that are perfectly legitimate.

or maybe its something else, i don't reallly know...

That can be debunked by seeing the IPs in my logs. All are for my school.

xjkryex
17th January 2010, 11:58 AM
Scooter, I could see them arguing that Cisco is a proxy... although it seems quite obvious u werent using it to gain a "unfair advantage" so that sorta bull. I doubt rocco will invest any time into reviewing cases before the beta tho...

Scooter
17th January 2010, 01:48 PM
Just to prove what I said:

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1018/4410271/9326985/381349952.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1018/4410271/9326985/381349947.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1018/4410271/9326985/381349949.jpg

Like I said, I cant use the internet unless Im logged into our network, and it will randomly log me out during times of no use. Definitely cant use an AB when that happens. Hell, I had to register my Xbox 360's MAC address just to be able to use Xbox Live. No chance they are going to allow remote ports to be open.

And if I got banned for having "multies", that is bullshit too. I have been going to this school for over a semester now and never ran into an issue before. I even told Gem/Bon that I was at school and there was an off chance of someone else here playing just to make sure it didnt seem as if I had multies.

Seneca
17th January 2010, 02:25 PM
It's clear they didn't actually look for any evidence.
Just 'I think this guy was cheating' and then just banned. No proof required.

Kings of Chaos reserves the right to ban, suspend, delete, or modify accounts at any time for any or no reason.
^ Terms of Service in action right there.

ThomasA
17th January 2010, 03:12 PM
It's clear they didn't actually look for any evidence.
Just 'I think this guy was cheating' and then just banned. No proof required.

Kings of Chaos reserves the right to ban, suspend, delete, or modify accounts at any time for any or no reason.
^ Terms of Service in action right there.

and do you have proof of this? :P

dohh
17th January 2010, 03:15 PM
and do you have proof of this? :P

"why was i banned"
'read the rules'
'read the rules'

ThomasA
17th January 2010, 03:29 PM
"why was i banned"
'read the rules'
'read the rules'

sorry, which part is Rocco confessing he doesnt have proof?

He has previously stated that he has proof

Now it seams people are just guessing that he doesnt without any proper evidence to support this and calling him a liar as such.

MFnBonsai
17th January 2010, 03:32 PM

Now it seams people are just guessing that he doesnt without any proper evidence to support this.

Obviously he doesn't want every tom dick or harry emailing him with accusations that go like this....

"he/she is cheating cause i know it"

dohh
17th January 2010, 03:48 PM

Now it seams people are just guessing that he doesnt without any proper evidence to support this and calling him a liar as such.

I'm a billionaire and fuck my supermodel girlfriend daily (and her twin sister)...

must be true if you can't prove otherwise :lamer:

Scooter
17th January 2010, 03:54 PM

Yea, he can state that. I can state that Im the Queen of England too. Innocent until proven guilty.

ThomasA
17th January 2010, 04:03 PM
I'm a billionaire and fuck my supermodel girlfriend daily (and her twin sister)...

must be true if you can't prove otherwise :lamer:

Not must be, It could be true or not, I certainly dont have prove it isnt, so their exists the possibility it is. Should I make accusations without proof?

the point i was trying to make was, you are doing the same thing you are complaining about, acting without proof.

and if I didnt trust what you were saying, I certainly would not be playing a game you designed and ran. It would be my choice to trust you or not to play.

If you dont trust Rocco, why are you playing his game?

LordCounter
17th January 2010, 04:05 PM

brilliant question!

i dont trust my prime minister, yet i live in the country he runs!

Scooter
17th January 2010, 04:06 PM
Not must be, It could be true or not, I certainly dont have prove it isnt, so their exists the possibility it is. Should I make accusations without proof?

the point i was trying to make was, you are doing the same thing you are complaining about, acting without proof.

and if I didnt trust what you were saying, I certainly would not be playing a game you designed and ran. It would be my choice to trust you or not to play.

Do you believe me? :D

ThomasA
17th January 2010, 04:10 PM
Do you believe me? :D

lol Scooter, you have previously disclosed various things bout yourself which would conflict you being Queen of England. But OK if you say you are, you are ;)

Killtoy
17th January 2010, 04:50 PM
They might have the right to your account but they damn sure dont have the right to lie and slander! If you slander someone with out proof thats breaking the law!

ThomasA
17th January 2010, 05:04 PM
They might have the right to your account but they damn sure dont have the right to lie and slander! If you slander someone with out proof thats breaking the law!

The Admins have been pretty quiet to who they banned and why. Players have mostly guessed from inactive accounts on the bf, with some owning up.

All they have really said publicly is that they have banned some accounts. They have actually avoided giving out the details.

powdered_donuts
17th January 2010, 05:07 PM

Rofl, that's GUA in general. :)

@scooter ....... yea right, you know what you did :P

I have a simple solution for all you cheaters out there ......... don't cheat in the real age and you'll be alright. ;)

ThirtySeven
17th January 2010, 05:12 PM
If you slander someone with out proof thats breaking the law!

Right... what law?

Come on, Rocco is a KoC admin. KoC admins are known for spending as little time as possible on KoC, so they can actually do some other geeky shit like eh... well, whatever geeky shit they do besides this.
My point is, do you think Rocco would actually take the effort of banning people without a point? Doing random and unforseen things is my job, not Rocco's.

The people who got banned and just did admit they cheated: I was happy I sabbed you all ages ago for the right reasons of today.
The people who got banned and did not admit they cheated: I am still happy I sabbed you all ages ago for the right reasons of today.
All others: I am still happy I sabbed you all ages ago for the wrong reasons. :)

Killtoy
17th January 2010, 06:10 PM
Hey I am far from perfect :imslow: but in the USA slander is a criminal act. I cant say much my self about breaking laws, da dank makes me do it every day...

Slander
In law, defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for spoken words), and libel (for written or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always, a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike libel, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."

False light laws are "intended primarily to protect the plaintiff's mental or emotional well-being." If a publication of information is false, then a tort of defamation might have occurred. If that communication is not technically false but is still misleading, then a tort of false light might have occurred.

In most civil law jurisdictions, defamation is dealt with as a crime rather than a tort.

ThirtySeven
17th January 2010, 06:24 PM
Hey I am far from perfect :imslow: but in the USA slander is a criminal act. I cant say much my self about breaking laws, da dank makes me do it every day...

Carrying an ice cream cone in your back pocket is also a criminal act in certain parts of the USA. That does not say there are any consequences if you do, except for eventually wetting your pants.

Besides, look at it this way, maybe Rocco is just defending his property. :-P

NardHipples
17th January 2010, 06:25 PM
this is the internet.. your petty laws dont apply

Danny
17th January 2010, 07:26 PM
This shit is still going on?

Do you honestly think complaining is going to get you your accounts back?

Rocco has more on his plate at the moment getting age 13 prepared, final change adjustments and vice versa.

Don't critasize Rocco's actions with all your 'jibba jabba' - He must of had sufficent evidence to ban the ones who got banned otherwise he wouldn't of banned them, I mean I didn't get banned. I wonder why, Prehaps it's because I didn't cheat!

- Danny

Fakejordan
17th January 2010, 08:50 PM
To unofficially disprove your Cisco theory Scooter, I too use Cisco. Not the same one, I use Cisco Anyconnect in order to get on my school's VPN. I don't "need" to be on VPN to use the internet, its just makes it exponentially faster.

Anyways, I have used Cisco many times without being banned, if i get banned immediately after posting this though, you may be right

nirvanaisking
17th January 2010, 09:07 PM
this is the internet.. your petty laws dont apply

I think this is pretty much a summary of how and why the bans happened. Rocco happens to be an admin. If he chooses to ban someone, they get banned. Maybe his reasons are legitimate and maybe they aren't but either way he has the final say and if you don't like it he probably doesn't really care.

We all know a good number of the banned accounts did cheat and we can only assume that some innocent player got screwed in this deal but obviously not nearly as many as would claim it. Either way, it would certainly be nice if some explanation was offered but then again since when is owning a business (which is pretty much what KoC really is for Rocco) about being nice? Not that that justifies it but it is a fact nonetheless.

Killtoy
17th January 2010, 09:18 PM
Carrying an ice cream cone in your back pocket is also a criminal act in certain parts of the USA. That does not say there are any consequences if you do, except for eventually wetting your pants. :-P

LMAO AYE!

JDX
18th January 2010, 01:34 AM

True but what about the innocents that got banned that refuse to come back next age because they are afraid of the same thing happening. I don't know about ya'll but I'm not going to come back and put hours of work into a digital account for them to suspend me again for no reason.

Also, For those that cheat, keep on cheating next age. The ban was random I assure you cause I wasn't even playing this age and ended up banned.

Good luck making it past 5k sign ups that aren't multi's next age.

xeros
18th January 2010, 01:48 AM
Lolzzz, Dude, its not us you have to convince....its Rocco you have to disprove. He has the evidence and besides.....Shane has owned up to it...pity you havent.

CHEATER.

Doc, shut your trap, you're nothing but a moron with no home and no idea what you're talking about. I pity the poor alliance that gets sucked into taking you in.

And what evidence has he given of this so called "proof". I have no doubt that some cheaters were banned, but I also have no doubt that some of those who were banned were not cheaters and some of those who were not ARE...

brilliant question!

i dont trust my prime minister, yet i live in the country he runs!

Agreed, how can you trust someone you don't even know?

Shane-
18th January 2010, 02:12 AM
To unofficially disprove your Cisco theory Scooter, I too use Cisco. Not the same one, I use Cisco Anyconnect in order to get on my school's VPN. I don't "need" to be on VPN to use the internet, its just makes it exponentially faster.

Anyways, I have used Cisco many times without being banned, if i get banned immediately after posting this though, you may be right

This is wrong, I've worked on school networks a few times that will disconnect clients if they idle for a certain period if time, as well as small company networks, I think the standard was 15 minutes without activity and you get a warning, an hour with no activity and you'll be disconnected.

Some ISP's also run the same type of system is isolated parts of America and UK (Mostly those are via dial up connections, not VPNs)

Shane

Edit: About the school networks, That was for students who were living on campus, not remote'ing in to access the local intranet.

Scooter
18th January 2010, 02:20 AM

Thats the difference between the programs though, let me show you:

http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL1018/4410271/9326985/381376801.jpg

Screen shot taken from AFTER I logged out of the network. You see, I still have to connect to the network to be able to use the internet at all. Trust me, I wouldnt go through all of this work to show that I couldnt use an AB successfully with this internet. The admins can also see that in my log in logs.

Fakejordan
18th January 2010, 02:59 AM
Sorry, I was unclear. It was based off of Scooter's Cisco but came from the someone else mentioning that Cisco may be counted as a proxy. I was saying it isn't counted as a proxy seeing as I was not banned.

As for what Shane mentioned on when they get disconnected, I believe that my school's is set to 2 hours regardless of activity but my school is always weird with this stuff.

And I see that you dont use a AB with your connection. Though it is still possible but would only be effective for a shorter time.

As for speculating on what the reason for some of the bans, perhaps AC or suitcase had an aspect that would be considered cheating (not accusing makers or users of either). If this part was needed to be used by the person, not all of them may have used it and are therefor not banned. Possibly this rule
Using any process that combines multiple gameplay actions (attack, sabotage, etc) into one user action

BloodBullet
18th January 2010, 05:12 AM
i'm just wondering, but are you constantly on a computer in your school? :/

Shane-
18th January 2010, 05:33 AM
i'm just wondering, but are you constantly on a computer in your school? :/

Scott lives on school/uni campus, And is only home(family) at certain times, I guess admins could also prove that due to IP being different,

As for AC/Suitcase being the reason, They're still 300 active users of AC ranging from high (Page 2) to low ranks(right now), so I shouldn't imagine that AC/Suitcase is the reason.

As someone posted already, People who don't even play, That login once a week to burn turns also got banned/suspended, Sure they weren't playing the beta seriously, But to be treating the casual players like this is bs.

It is good that admins are cracking down on cheaters, its about time they do something, but from what I've seen, they've took a random list of players and just banned them to attempt to send a message, That is kind of clear by the banning of inactive and clean players.

Now; The admins should review this fabricated proof they have, and unban the innocent players and compensate them with they lost TBG, at least if they expect these people to play the real age.

Shane

MFnBonsai
18th January 2010, 05:58 AM
I wasn't around when the bans took place....

But some that have been banned/suspended that claim to be innocent are only kidding themselves....

While I am not going to go into why a majority or all were banned because I have no idea what was discussed some should be ashamed posting here trying to rally support from other players cause its those players that you cheated.... not only yourselves but other KoC players....

At the moment I am seeing the loudest proclaiming innocence when they should really be thankful they are allowed to play again....

Semper.Fidelis
18th January 2010, 07:44 AM
I wonder as to why you all assume banning had to be for the use of ABs, as if that were the only wrong many of those banned did. Also it is quite possble the bans were for numerous reasons as in individual reasons. If say a certain gm script were to be regraded illegal it would't matter if it was used 24/7 or once a week. But that's just speculation.

As far as VPN and idle time goes that's a load of bs. It's easy to while 1 an automated process to prevent idle timer from reaching disconnect limit. Also a script such as an AB doesn't require your desktop pc it can be executed automatically from anywhere and pkts sent via proxy or through iptables. mangle ip src nat and there you go. You could even AB numerous accounts from one machine if you had a common node. I could create and AB up to 50k accounts w/o it being detectable by shared ip as of now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with a job in this branch...

ThirtySeven
18th January 2010, 10:23 AM
I wonder as to why you all assume banning had to be for the use of ABs, as if that were the only wrong many of those banned did. Also it is quite possble the bans were for numerous reasons as in individual reasons. If say a certain gm script were to be regraded illegal it would't matter if it was used 24/7 or once a week. But that's just speculation.

As far as VPN and idle time goes that's a load of bs. It's easy to while 1 an automated process to prevent idle timer from reaching disconnect limit. Also a script such as an AB doesn't require your desktop pc it can be executed automatically from anywhere and pkts sent via proxy or through iptables. mangle ip src nat and there you go. You could even AB numerous accounts from one machine if you had a common node. I could create and AB up to 50k accounts w/o it being detectable by shared ip as of now and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with a job in this branch...

Nice tactics... if you tell everyone how to cheat, you'll be the only one left standing. Very smart, but I will not fall for that. :P

Ferrous
18th January 2010, 10:32 AM

But some that have been banned/suspended that claim to be innocent are only kidding themselves....

While I am not going to go into why a majority or all were banned because I have no idea what was discussed some should be ashamed posting here trying to rally support from other players cause its those players that you cheated.... not only yourselves but other KoC players....

At the moment I am seeing the loudest proclaiming innocence when they should really be thankful they are allowed to play again....

/Me Pokes Shane.......lol

Bloo
18th January 2010, 12:23 PM

Touche!
Now will the liars and cheats please shut up, suck it up and fuck off.

Bloo
18th January 2010, 12:25 PM
/Me Pokes Shane.......lol

Why? It ain't Shane that's whining.

Scooter
18th January 2010, 12:29 PM
Im not whining either. Im just trying to show how I think I was unfairly banned. Yes, I have cheated before and was suspended by Bon for that. Since then, I havent. Its just the principle of whats going on here that upsets me, not losing my account in a shitty beta.

Sventjuh130
18th January 2010, 01:03 PM

As long as the admins will not announce the reasons for banning, (no, not just saying they cheated) people will use this against the admins. Don't blame them for doing it, you simply ask for it.

PS: I do prefer bans for cheating. But not saying what they've done ain't exactly working.

ZAR
18th January 2010, 02:30 PM
On most other games GMs also do not tell you reasons for bans - but I have the feeling that some people got banned just for beeing too much online.

fistsofthor
19th January 2010, 12:17 PM
Yea, he can state that. I can state that Im the Queen of England too. Innocent until proven guilty.

that deals with having a constitution and what not. Also, Im pretty sure that when you signed up to play koc, that you agree that the account you play is owned by rocco and that the account you play can be banned at any time for any reason.

On a side note, cheaters really shouldnt be all to surprised when they get banned. as for innocent players getting banned: it may happen. and if it did, it would suck.

Pj-
19th January 2010, 12:34 PM

DOH told the admins he had that amount of turns every time it happened retard.

Get your facts right or die silently ktnxbai

fistsofthor
19th January 2010, 12:46 PM

My guess is that there are more options than that. For example:
he could not get his facts straight AND keep on posting and not die.
Or, he could get his facts right AND die silently 50 years from now from a heart attack in his sleep.

Or, he could say whatever he wants.

In any case, its a beta. There are bound to be bugs and glitches. We want people to find those bugs and send a message to the admins notifying said admins about said bugs. Isn't that the purpose of a beta?

I mean, are we really so serious about a BETA that we actually care about rank and not about fooling around and having fun? I mean, betas are supposed to be carefree.

Pauly_D
19th January 2010, 01:04 PM
In any case, its a beta. There are bound to be bugs and glitches. We want people to find those bugs and send a message to the admins notifying said admins about said bugs.

im sure he said he did notify the admins when he got the extra turns, so that was probably not what he got banned for.

fistsofthor
19th January 2010, 01:07 PM
im sure he said he did notify the admins when he got the extra turns, so that was probably not what he got banned for.

i was agreeing that finding an exploit and notifying the admins of said exploit (or even admitting that you found a cheat method and you used it) should not be a bannable offense in the beta.

dohh
19th January 2010, 01:37 PM
yea I got unbanned after Rocco came back (hes the only one that can reset turns) and then rebanned again within 24 hrs... also fyi, despite me reporting this (a bunch of times), the bug still isn't fixed as I just saw someone get it yesterday again

EviLizeD
19th January 2010, 02:26 PM
We have suspended the accounts of a number of players breaking the game rules. We can, do, and will continue to take action against cheaters.

It is the responsibility of all players to be familiar with the game rules, located at http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php#rules.

Players who were suspended will not be eligible to finish the Beta, but will be welcome to play Age 13 if they follow these rules. Further infractions will result in a permanent ban.

Interesting perspective, as it states players and not the account that got suspended does this mean that starting with another account before Age 13 proper isn't allowed. ie. To prepare chain structure etc.

powdered_donuts
19th January 2010, 03:10 PM

Oh, you got me ....... how did you know my only weakness, calling me retarded, owe. :) Do you need a tampon? You certainly snapped .... what's the word I'm lookin for ....... immediately. :P

In any case, its a beta. There are bound to be bugs and glitches. We want people to find those bugs and send a message to the admins notifying said admins about said bugs. Isn't that the purpose of a beta?

I mean, are we really so serious about a BETA that we actually care about rank and not about fooling around and having fun? I mean, betas are supposed to be carefree.

The problem I see here is I sincerely hope the 4b glitch cheat thing and any other possible cheats/glitches have been taken care of at least since Rocco went ahead and announced the real age starting.

Pj-
19th January 2010, 03:15 PM
Oh, you got me ....... how did you know my only weakness, calling me retarded, owe. :) Do you need a tampon? You certainly snapped .... what's the word I'm lookin for ....... immediately. :P

off-topic: what is your weakness?

on-topic: omfg Shane got banned

powdered_donuts
19th January 2010, 03:44 PM
off-topic: what is your weakness?

on-topic: omfg Shane got banned

off-topic:bullets

on-topic:yep, cheaters are pretty good at getting banned

Pj-
19th January 2010, 04:03 PM
off-topic:bullets

on-topic:yep, cheaters are pretty good at getting banned

off-topic: darnit, I'm a nerd acting touhg on the interwebz :(

on-topic: OMFG tgf got banned!

SleepingDragon
19th January 2010, 04:14 PM

it's true, and apparently lacn is changing it's "silence, honor, and loyalty" motto to exclude the "honor." can we get an lacn to confirm when the official change takes place? classy move, guys!

also, congrats to spiderwoman for entering the top 10. someone sold off or vacationed to make room for an lacn account so this age isn't a total loss for the LARGEST alliance in koc. :)

Pauly_D
19th January 2010, 04:18 PM
so this age isn't a total loss for the LARGEST alliance in koc. :)

its a beta lol, the last time people really cared about beta ranking was about 10 ages ago

powdered_donuts
19th January 2010, 05:15 PM
off-topic: darnit, I'm a nerd acting touhg on the interwebz :(

off topic:this is fun

on topic: huzzah to the big tippa, my chain leaders didn't get banned cuz they didn't cheat

it's true, and apparently lacn is changing it's "silence, honor, and loyalty" motto to exclude the "honor." can we get an lacn to confirm when the official change takes place? classy move, guys!

also, congrats to spiderwoman for entering the top 10. someone sold off or vacationed to make room for an lacn account so this age isn't a total loss for the LARGEST alliance in koc. :)

She gained a bunch of officers that used to be TGF's, that helped her a lot with that officer multiplier. Guess they don't care that their leader cheated, so I guess keeping that loyal part in there is a must.

The higher your stats the more of an effect that makes.

And of course silence is in there, but yea, honor should defo be a goner, that should have been gone from LaCN since age eight. :)

Gem-
19th January 2010, 11:59 PM
Interesting perspective, as it states players and not the account that got suspended does this mean that starting with another account before Age 13 proper isn't allowed. ie. To prepare chain structure etc.

Most of the accounts are suspended, not banned. Making another account during the beta would mean they have two accounts...

If your account was banned, you can make a new one.

Seneca
20th January 2010, 12:27 PM
its a beta lol, the last time people really cared about beta ranking was about 10 ages ago

The last time LaCN cared about a beta ranking was 5 minutes ago.

HoMiCiD3
21st January 2010, 10:27 AM

Slander
In law, defamation—also called calumny, vilification, slander (for spoken words), and libel (for written or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a negative image. It is usually, but not always, a requirement that this claim be false and that the publication is communicated to someone other than the person defamed (the claimant).

In common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words or images. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. "Unlike libel, truth is not a defense for invasion of privacy."

False light laws are "intended primarily to protect the plaintiff's mental or emotional well-being." If a publication of information is false, then a tort of defamation might have occurred. If that communication is not technically false but is still misleading, then a tort of false light might have occurred.

In most civil law jurisdictions, defamation is dealt with as a crime rather than a tort.
Laws in the real world do not apply to the actions in an online game. Slander is referred to in the effect of someone's actual career not how they play a game. To sue for slander you must be at a loss, either for money or because you can't be promoted because of the reputation you have acquired due to such slander.

that deals with having a constitution and what not. Also, Im pretty sure that when you signed up to play koc, that you agree that the account you play is owned by rocco and that the account you play can be banned at any time for any reason.

On a side note, cheaters really shouldnt be all to surprised when they get banned. as for innocent players getting banned: it may happen. and if it did, it would suck.
I gotta say this is the first post from you i've ever read that was actually work reading... ^5 if only you could keep to interesting and real content...

Kill3rSam
21st January 2010, 02:58 PM
I'm quite sure that one can press charges for emotional damage regardless of the involvement of a possible career. And a lot of laws do apply on online matters aswel.

Pauly_D
21st January 2010, 04:12 PM
I'm quite sure that one can press charges for emotional damage regardless of the involvement of a possible career. And a lot of laws do apply on online matters aswel.

yes i think its possible to argue that if someone was accused of cheating and everyone stopped talking to them and if their online life was all their life. Something like that anyway.

fistsofthor
21st January 2010, 07:07 PM
off-topic: all my posts.

on-topic: nothing I write.

woops. those^^ two should be switched.

In any case, I heard a story in case-law of the following:

innocent good old man who has done nothing wrong is walking into the grocery store one day when he sees:
the grocery store has tacked up his photo and declared him a known shop-lifter.

Now the man has never shop lifted in his life. So, he goes to ask the grocery store to remove his photo and name. Grocery store refuses. He tries to go for libel and slander, but as he cannot prove any loss of income, he can't get anything. And, the grocery store is allowed to keep his photo up and declare him a known shop lifter.

I thought it was pretty messed up, but thats how one case played out. Now, there may be different issues at stake. I have no idea whether the grocery store's right to tack up a photo of anyone and write something is protected by the first amendment.

However, I doubt that that case would fly. Im sure there is some sort of implicit contract that one agrees to when one enters the internet that states:

"I agree that my feelings might get hurt and people will say stupid stuff."

In any case, I think that emotional damages mostly are about pain. For example, if you were lit on fire, the medical bills are one thing, and the emotional damages are to pay you for the pain you received during the whole burning and recovery from burning process.

For example, I don't think you can sue somebody for hurting your feelings whenever they do better than you. If that was the case, competitions as a whole simply could not exist.

In any case, suing is a pretty poor way to deal with your problems. Besides, the moderators have not publicly said that anyone cheated or broke the rules. The admins and moderators keep silent about whether people are banned, suspended or on vacation for the most part. I think most of the evidence about bannings is the evidence that people have told everyone else. In which case, such a law suit would be frivilous.

Well, for whatever the reason, I don't see KoC getting sued over banning and/or suspending someone no matter how much their feelings were hurt.

uncivilbanks
21st January 2010, 11:29 PM
I get banned ALL THE DAMN TIME, it's ......fun....sometimes

Semper.Fidelis
22nd January 2010, 05:56 AM
Slander/Libel wouldn't stand a chance to hold up in court unless you are innocent and can prove it (which you can't cause you have no logs/data), never gave any reason to believe otherwise to anyone not covered by privilege (which you most probably have) and can prove the accusing party is physically and directly responsible for the action (which you can't) and most importantly actually suffered a loss quantifiable and deserving of compensation.(which you haven't)

fistsofthor
22nd January 2010, 06:47 PM
I get banned ALL THE DAMN TIME, it's ......fun....sometimes

Who are you? Where you banned in this most recent bunch of bannings?

What are your thoughts on these bannings?

I am fistsofthor. I was not banned. I think these bannings are a good measure and I hope they carry on into future ages. Additionally, I like how rocco mentioned permanent bans. I know that some players (and Im not going to mention names, but maybe I will mention an alias like "IceSword") have been banned in multiple ages. Should these players be permanently banned? I am not sure. At a certain point, I wonder, but at the same time, perhaps an age long suspension would be justified. And, I really can't see someone needing more than a two age suspension. Also, how to orchestrate permanent bans would be problematic. I think it would be disappointing if, because someone who went to a specific college received a permanent ban if no one who goes to that college could ever play via the internet available on campus.

xe-bec
22nd January 2010, 10:04 PM
Who are you? Where you banned in this most recent bunch of bannings?

What are your thoughts on these bannings?

I am fistsofthor. I was not banned. I think these bannings are a good measure and I hope they carry on into future ages. Additionally, I like how rocco mentioned permanent bans. I know that some players (and Im not going to mention names, but maybe I will mention an alias like "IceSword") have been banned in multiple ages. Should these players be permanently banned? I am not sure. At a certain point, I wonder, but at the same time, perhaps an age long suspension would be justified. And, I really can't see someone needing more than a two age suspension. Also, how to orchestrate permanent bans would be problematic. I think it would be disappointing if, because someone who went to a specific college received a permanent ban if no one who goes to that college could ever play via the internet available on campus.

Permanent bans would make it less appealing to cheat definitely, but It would probably lower the player base a decent amount lol. As for the school/library/shared network thing, all you gotta do is email Rocco and let him know about it.

Bloo
23rd January 2010, 03:08 AM
Permanent bans would make it less appealing to cheat definitely, but It would probably lower the player base a decent amount lol. As for the school/library/shared network thing, all you gotta do is email Rocco and let him know about it.

Doesn't matter if it lowers the player base. Whats the point in playing when you know there are so many cheats playing? The game becomes utterly pointless. If the cheats stop playing (Shane, Zeus, Baigo, TGF etc) I really couldn't give a shit. The game will improve, that's or sure. I hate tha people actually have learned to accept that the top 20 mostly cheat. It's pathetic.

I'd say again that NOBODY should join under these players next age. They are all taking the piss.

uncivilbanks
29th January 2010, 11:52 PM
EVERYONE GO INDEPENDENT, YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

ThomasA
30th January 2010, 01:10 AM
This thread has run its course