PDA

View Full Version : Jan 16 changes

Seneca
16th January 2010, 01:06 PM
Jan 16, 2010:

# Adjusted minimum ratio of spy:sentry required to sucessfully sab
# Covert ratings now include officer bonus

Honestly made me cry IRL.
Officer bonus, no one likes it, make it apply to more stats?
Great idea, just great

Adjust sab ratios.. to what? If they lowered the spy requirement... I can't think of a worse way to fuckup

Rocco
16th January 2010, 01:08 PM
We raised the spy requirement.

Seneca
16th January 2010, 01:11 PM
We raised the spy requirement.

That's not bad, but imagine a small account trying to sab a big one now. It could never happen.
Me generally playing a big account I don't mind, because I think it's fair that someone that clicked 3 times as much and thus has 3 times better stats shouldn't be sabbable by someone that puts way less effort in... but you know a lot of people will complain

ThomasA
16th January 2010, 02:02 PM
What is the ratio?

Eden-
16th January 2010, 02:08 PM
but you know a lot of people will complain

People complain anyway

powdered_donuts
16th January 2010, 02:26 PM
People complain anyway

damn straight people are going to complain, allow me to demonstrate:

omg ....... wtf ....... :O

*sighs* most people don't like the stat multiplier in the first place, this is sad.......... dumbest change gets even dumber :banghead:

here's complaint number 2:

Why won't you just come out and tell us how much spy you need to sab someone? This change I don't mind so much but would like to know the ratio.

Seneca
16th January 2010, 02:45 PM
Not sure, 1.2b vs 2.8b still worked, 27b vs 73b doesn't seem to work.

Screwdriver_LaCN
16th January 2010, 02:49 PM
I tried to sab 1 bil sentry with 414 mil spy and it didnt work :D
So I guess it is spy:sentry=1:2 or 1:2,5 :D

dohh
16th January 2010, 03:25 PM
lol, so we need more spy to sab but now the officer bonus applies to covert stats. this certainly doesn't pwn individual players A LOT MORE

(sarcasm, it really fucking rapes us)

xjkryex
16th January 2010, 03:29 PM
officer bonus for all stats now come on... the worst change in KoC history just got worse...

The ratio change isn't preferable but at least its not a game breaker...

This will be my last age if all these stupid multipliers are still intact

Seneca
16th January 2010, 03:59 PM
I tried to sab 1 bil sentry with 414 mil spy and it didnt work :D
So I guess it is spy:sentry=1:2 or 1:2,5 :D
My guess is 2,5, since 1.2b vs 2.8b worked.

Nasser
16th January 2010, 04:00 PM
Seriously guys , have you been expecting a 'good' change in this beta? it was crystal clear from its start the way the changes are being made : shit changes for the win!

HoMiCiD3
16th January 2010, 08:45 PM
Betas always have shit changes, wait until age 13 starts before you complain about the changes :)

nirvanaisking
16th January 2010, 09:11 PM
This officer bonus stuff has got to go. Small accounts just can't compete with this the way it is.

JDX
16th January 2010, 09:11 PM
I think they are trying to make people quit, didn't believe it until just recently.

chemikills
16th January 2010, 09:42 PM
Ok so I'm not in full support of the officer bonus but it does make it less about clicking and more about activity which is a good thing.
However I think they are to potent at this stage.
But instead of complaining and talking about everyone who is going to click. Why not recruit? Start mentoring some new players, you don't need strong players for the bonus. On the whole I think its good but just too strong

Adrenalinejunky
17th January 2010, 08:43 AM
i think that raising the spy requirement is a good thing, not so much a fan of expanding the officer bonus.

Danny
17th January 2010, 09:15 AM
to be honest, i thought it already added to all stats, then this came and i was like... whoa.. RESULT =P

Thumbs up from me.

KillerK
17th January 2010, 10:10 AM
This officer bonus stuff has got to go. Small accounts just can't compete with this the way it is.

Definitely agreed, those who are unable to recruit officers will be at a huge disadvantage.

Mudvayne
17th January 2010, 11:02 AM
lol, so we need more spy to sab but now the officer bonus applies to covert stats. this certainly doesn't pwn individual players A LOT MORE

(sarcasm, it really fucking rapes us)

Agrees.

So lets put ourselves in the shoes of the casual guy combing the internet looking for a text based game without shiny graphics. So he picks KoC only to discover that he needs like 10 officers to stay competative and can now get raped by large account and he can't do a damn thing about it. Well thats sure some motivation to keep playing isn't it? If your going to lower the spy requirements, then it's only fair to make it where small accounts can't get sabbed by the top spy ratings. And honestly that will never work so lets put it back the way it was.

KrOniKle-^^
17th January 2010, 03:03 PM
Well, imo all this beta age has done is try to kill ppl irl, srsly ? less sleep cuz of 1min turns ppl hit for 20mins ?? instead of mby 2hrs before, now this ? well, endless race, now that u have "equalized(?)" nuns and lts, so its the same to build, soo, the one who spends most time NOT sleeping is gonna win ^_^ HF :P Before u could atleast build some other stats and build the sentry accordingly to ur AAT..

This thing only helps noobs ( no offence, but srsly ), if u dont like having to buy 3lts for every 1nun the other guy buys, then slay the gold back in again ? like ppl used to, why, rocco, WHY DO U WANNA CLOSE THIS GAME!

When i first started this game, i was f*ing confused xD but still i thought it was fair in all, more fun to rank in age 4-5-6ish times :P Now all there is, well is to be main, slay or sab, before u could make the worst possible acc and still feel like u pwned, now u just feel like u stepped in a poo, picked it up, and ate it.. -,-

Openness pl0x ! :P

Gohon
18th January 2010, 03:41 AM
Im a slayer. I dont click because i find it boring. ( i might click about 100 first day of an age). I do like that other people click because then i can steal their money, it makes the game move along faster.

However due to the way i play the game i aint ever gunna have a officer because i have no morale to offer and dont really want an officer clicking cause then i have to pay to train all my soliders to spys.

basically, all this officer bonus stuff is stupid.

.....and surely if there is an officer bonus you should also get commander bonus

dohh
18th January 2010, 04:00 PM
Im a slayer. I dont click because i find it boring. ( i might click about 100 first day of an age). I do like that other people click because then i can steal their money, it makes the game move along faster.

However due to the way i play the game i aint ever gunna have a officer because i have no morale to offer and dont really want an officer clicking cause then i have to pay to train all my soliders to spys.

.....and surely if there is an officer bonus you should also get commander bonus

agreed, share your thoughts about it here :) (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=75126)

chemikills
18th January 2010, 09:37 PM

I feel similarly about this but in a different way. For the person who trains down the cost of training spys is greater then the cost of a weapon on an equal gold basis
Since the 1/2 TBG has now gone to 1/10, training down isn't really worth it

However the one who trains down isn't usually online loads. So I think that the spy rating contributed by training one spy should be increased. It should be a more efficient use of gold considering you actually have to click it as well. At the moment clicking is for people who stay online loads. Why not give incentive to the smaller guy?

Of course spies are unsabbable which is a bonus but they are massable which probably balances that point out imo

Give the guy who trains down incentive to click and to have officers. The officer bonus is a good start although to powerful imo. But at the moment as Gohon says he doesn't want to click and doesn't want officers to click

xjkryex
18th January 2010, 09:54 PM
i would have much more incentive to click if spys gave more than currently... but people would just get mad about rouges that have a shit load o trained spys ^^