PDA

View Full Version : Discuss sab rules here

Prostatus
9th January 2010, 07:05 PM
a have another idea, It seems kinda gay that you cant really sab that much. Cuz I can have 10 guys sab me in a day and ill only lose like 5-15mil per person. so a little over 100mil probably. Thats like 4 turns... and my TFF isnt even that high. Its just kinda gay that a whole alliances sabber crew can be sabbing you and it doesnt even do much. Like even leaving the sab formula the way it is, and making it 15 sabs per 24hrs would be a lot better. Or I just thought, maybe your just allowed 10 successes per 24hrs instead of attempts. That way yah sure keep trying... you lose spys and what not for doing it. So thats the side affect to sabbing till you get 10 successes. Then you could decide how many successes you wanna use on someone, maybe they didnt mess up to bad, so just one success. Or, nah F$$K this guy, all 10 successes for you punk. Idk, just some random ideas ^^

Vrasp
9th January 2010, 07:26 PM
a have another idea, It seems kinda gay that you cant really sab that much. Cuz I can have 10 guys sab me in a day and ill only lose like 5-15mil per person. so a little over 100mil probably. Thats like 4 turns... and my TFF isnt even that high. Its just kinda gay that a whole alliances sabber crew can be sabbing you and it doesnt even do much. Like even leaving the sab formula the way it is, and making it 15 sabs per 24hrs would be a lot better. Or I just thought, maybe your just allowed 10 successes per 24hrs instead of attempts. That way yah sure keep trying... you lose spys and what not for doing it. So thats the side affect to sabbing till you get 10 successes. Then you could decide how many successes you wanna use on someone, maybe they didnt mess up to bad, so just one success. Or, nah F$$K this guy, all 10 successes for you punk. Idk, just some random ideas ^^

Hm...I don't think this is a bad idea... harder to tell if someone fakes, get to actually have all 10 successes if you want them. On the other hand, you could end up taking ridiculous repairs...which will cause a ton of complaints, mmm.

MeDDish
10th January 2010, 01:39 AM
Hm...I don't think this is a bad idea... harder to tell if someone fakes, get to actually have all 10 successes if you want them. On the other hand, you could end up taking ridiculous repairs...which will cause a ton of complaints, mmm.

ummmm ive got say 5B sentry, means i can sab UPTO 20B sentry.... if someone has 20B sentry (@ this stage of the game) normally means HIGH or even MAIN accounts... now if a few players @ 5B sentry (big players many of them) massed a MAIN account, thats gonna devastate that account as their armory is worth more so they are gonna loose more!

repairs need to be 'lowered' a bit... to keep in with the 10% rule... im currently @ 13.5% but i was @ 15% just the other day!

KOC use to have 10 Successes didnt they and they just changed that 1-2-3 ages ago... as players would sab foreva!!! just to get 10 successes in.....

not to mention massing.... if u have a little player that has 1/100th of ur sentry and NO CHANCE they could fill 10 log pages with fails... waste of space and time!

Vrasp
10th January 2010, 02:26 AM
ummmm ive got say 5B sentry, means i can sab UPTO 20B sentry.... if someone has 20B sentry (@ this stage of the game) normally means HIGH or even MAIN accounts... now if a few players @ 5B sentry (big players many of them) massed a MAIN account, thats gonna devastate that account as their armory is worth more so they are gonna loose more!

repairs need to be 'lowered' a bit... to keep in with the 10% rule... im currently @ 13.5% but i was @ 15% just the other day!

KOC use to have 10 Successes didnt they and they just changed that 1-2-3 ages ago... as players would sab foreva!!! just to get 10 successes in.....

not to mention massing.... if u have a little player that has 1/100th of ur sentry and NO CHANCE they could fill 10 log pages with fails... waste of space and time!

You're probably up to 15% because you think the sab ratio is 1:4 :p

True, though. They could spam your logs which would be awful...

Jankster
11th January 2010, 12:22 PM

Pls dont change the sabrules from this age or last age.
We have a age 2 were the repair was to high!(cost alot of players!)
The sabotage part have been tested in so many ages!
if we begin to "tamper" anything.
Pls-pls its nearly perfect as it is now, we cant get it nearer bc there are the ranker and sabber isue, Rankers wants less damage and sabbers more damage!
You cant satisfy all, but get close to it and that was the testing for age 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

snoop
11th January 2010, 02:30 PM
For the last time, we are not changing the sab formula.

kjzaa
11th January 2010, 06:23 PM

can i ask why your rewriting the whole game, then not changing one of the biggest flaw's in it?

RichOahu_ES
12th January 2010, 11:48 PM
it is unfortunate that people think sabbing is ok as it is. a few posts ago some one mentioned how an entire alliance was unable to do much to him. what wasn't mentioned is that alliance overall probably took "over all" more damages then they did to the small account. (that shouldn't be)

the biggest problem is tbg. if you have it, you will still grow despite what an alliance of top sabbers can do to you. and that just shouldn't be.

the 60k up for 1.6 billion is just too much. once you have it, and as long as you don't train down, it is like a golden ticket. it works two ways to ruin sabbing.

chains war, during the war DA is either eliminated or sold. but TFF keeps going up, and at 60k a day, in no time the easy farms out weigh by FAR the sabs you will take. careful management of your turns, and your own TBG make sabbing nothing more than a slow down. no winner, no looser. wars will not end.

click limits and WAY smaller "UP" (for more cost) will help. make it hard to get high TFF.

i myself am so spoiled by HUGE tbg, i forget what it used to be like before the huge up was implemented. what was a final account worth age 9 KoC? age 7? (age 7, to me, was the closest to perfect KoC ever was).

and sab damages.. wth? i have no idea where that idea came from, but i think it is a bad idea. but then i like to CHAIN so (only way to even try to win a war) i am biased that way i guess. some say it is to make you work as an alliance. well, alliances if you haven't noticed are SHRINIKING we need everyone that is active, able to sab everyone and not be so punished for doing so. it is a huge turn off of the game and many left because of it. was this implemented to offset the HIGH tbg from such high 'UP"?

you take a pill for an upset stomach, but that causes a headache so you take another pill, but it makes you dizzy, so you take another,,,,,,,,,,

anyway, i saw that no changes were being made to sabbing. i am sorry to say but that is a mistake. not working on war in a war game......

i am rambling now but meh..... some will twist what i said in to whining and moaning.

whatever. soon, at this rate, i won't care any longer at all.

was a fun ride.

EdThaSt0rm`
13th January 2010, 03:59 AM
Have to say I gotta agree with Key here ^^

andyt683
13th January 2010, 08:37 AM
Its impossible to take more damage than your target. Damages are capped. Current average damage is 11% of damage caused. Nice try though.

snoop
13th January 2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.ruinsofchaos.com/news.php?showall=1 Can I direct you to sept 11, 2009 where we asked the entire game this question? Your suggestion is removal of sab damages according to that post, we disagree with it completely, I don't think we'll ever reconcile that.

RichOahu_ES
13th January 2010, 10:34 AM
andy,

i said the ALLIANCE took more damages to themself then they did to the small guy that is being sabbed. he can can even sit there and turn farm and make up by FAR what they do to him while they hurt themself more.

snoop,

you think that was all about sab damages?

there are multiple problems. but the blinders you are wearing are making you see only what you want to see.

huge UP being a major one. unlimited clicking another (KoC kept this in check with the capch) AND THEN sab damages are the icing on the cake so to speak.

and it also seems builders of the game that just don't get it.

as far as that poll.. people were still recovering from the total MESS of age two. i also see 1/3 of the people voted NO

others voted yes, i remember, and then came here and explained they only did so because yes was the better answer then a flat out no, as they were comparing it to age two, AND it was simple yes and no questions. once again you are seeing what you want to see and forgeting the discusion that went on about it.

oh well.

ThomasA
13th January 2010, 11:17 AM
if each member is doing more damage to the small player than they are taking themselves, how is it collectively that they are taking more damage than they have done?

also why do you need a full alliance to bully a small guy?

RichOahu_ES
13th January 2010, 12:26 PM
a small player can farm at will. you can attempt to stop it, but they can take more than you can do to them.

then, when you have big spy and you sab this small player, the % of damage to your tools is FAR higher then the 10% that it normally is. many examples of this "extreme" has been posted in other threads and dismissed as that is not the norm (not the norm when sabbing those equal or slightly higher than yourself that is, once again gets extreme when you try to sab those far above your sentry).

the player gets "jacked" you can only send one spy. you continue to take the SAME damages to your tools (why more than one as you are only sending one guy) for sending just one spy.

as far as why would an alliance be sabbing one player?

does that question really need answering? or are you just posting spam?

and your twisting of what i said was un needed.

i guess they couldn't take more damage then they did with their sabs... each member does 10 mil in sab damages and take 6 mil to their tools. so yeah, can't take "more"

BUT the guy then just continues to farm and makes up for any sabs so the alliance LOOSES more. that is what i meant to say.

anyway, my main issues are the ease of getting bloated and inflated TFF accounts. and how the high TFF cancels out sabbing. add on top of that sab damages to tools and you have an unattractive game that is loosing players at an alarming rate each age.

soon i guess they will get what they want. a place to log in and spend imagined gold with no worries of sabs and war. it will be determined by who can click and bank the most. fun!

i hope you enjoy it ;-)

snoop
13th January 2010, 02:24 PM
anyway, my main issues are the ease of getting bloated and inflated TFF accounts. and how the high TFF cancels out sabbing. add on top of that sab damages to tools and you have an unattractive game that is loosing players at an alarming rate each age.

soon i guess they will get what they want. a place to log in and spend imagined gold with no worries of sabs and war. it will be determined by who can click and bank the most. fun!

This is something we should explore your rationale behind. And is distinct from your other point. Possibly even a valid point. I'm going to explain a bit of what we've been doing to mitigate that factor, and then if you think we need to do more than what we've been thinking about doing, then you should suggest something specific (we may not necessarily use your idea directly but it should be discussed). What we need to do to have a constructive discussion is to be specific about what the issue is vs. general. When you say that something in general is an issue, then it's kind of difficult to figure out what to change.

a small player can farm at will. you can attempt to stop it, but they can take more than you can do to them.

then, when you have big spy and you sab this small player, the % of damage to your tools is FAR higher then the 10% that it normally is. many examples of this "extreme" has been posted in other threads and dismissed as that is not the norm (not the norm when sabbing those equal or slightly higher than yourself that is, once again gets extreme when you try to sab those far above your sentry).

Making too many changes to this wouldn't be good for the smaller player, and would make more people leave due to bullying from alliances. The thing is, it takes an alliance to do this kind of thing because we're trying to get at the alliance as the warring unit. In addition, if one player could completely fuck one other player, it'd make it pretty easy to fuck up the game for others. Part of what we're looking to do is have people stay, and not simply leave because they hit someone in ES more than once a week and lost every single item.

The key to balancing sabbing in our view is to make sabbing a pain in the ass to that person, but not a complete game stopper for the new player.

huge UP being a major one. unlimited clicking another (KoC kept this in check with the capch) AND THEN sab damages are the icing on the cake so to speak.

If you'd been following the public discussion (in #RoC), we're eliminating the new giant UP, and in fact making it more expensive to get to the top UP via additional incremental steps and a bump up in prices.

What I view as a mitigating step if that is indeed your complaint about sabbing, would be to change things other than sabbing. That's a factor from outside of sabbing that is making the sabber strategy less effective.

Vrasp
13th January 2010, 02:32 PM
super-long messages

So you're saying that taking sabotage damages makes people quit, but you also want to be able to destroy someone's account and prevent them from growing...what do you think that's going to do? I don't think it's going to make them stay around. ;-)

Also, sabotaging a very small player doesn't cause you to incur high repairs; you more often than not don't get any repairs from sabotaging a player who is worth practically nothing.

As far as my stance on sabotage, I feel that the current formula is actually quite good. However, it may be a bit too random to get in (but the random factor does need to exist) and I feel that you should need more than 28.5% of your target's SOV to do full damage to them. It makes full spy accounts that much more powerful.

Pyrorazer
13th January 2010, 05:13 PM
As far as my stance on sabotage, I feel that the current formula is actually quite good. However, it may be a bit too random to get in (but the random factor does need to exist) and I feel that you should need more than 28.5% of your target's SOV to do full damage to them. It makes full spy accounts that much more powerful.

Ok you just didnot just say that did you Vrasp, I remember just the other day a few of ur RF buddies come in #cde after i chained you guys and bitched about me having only Sentry and Spy with a little SA and said that there is no point sabbing me cause its shit..
So that would only give mroe power to people who have sabstats and piss off more of ur buddies in RF :shrugs:

Anyway If u are going to rasie that and give more of an advantage to Sabbers (spy/sentry accounts) then u should make atleast one of the tools completely breakable like SA and DA are.. instead of just having repairs

Vrasp
13th January 2010, 05:48 PM
Ok you just didnot just say that did you Vrasp, I remember just the other day a few of ur RF buddies come in #cde after i chained you guys and bitched about me having only Sentry and Spy with a little SA and said that there is no point sabbing me cause its shit..
So that would only give mroe power to people who have sabstats and piss off more of ur buddies in RF :shrugs:

Anyway If u are going to rasie that and give more of an advantage to Sabbers (spy/sentry accounts) then u should make atleast one of the tools completely breakable like SA and DA are.. instead of just having repairs

Are you sure you understood my post? :-\

Pyrorazer
13th January 2010, 08:51 PM

Sounds like u want sabotage more effective for pure sab accounts

Vrasp
13th January 2010, 09:50 PM
I feel that you should need more than 28.5% of your target's SOV to do full damage to them. It makes full spy accounts that much more powerful.

Being at 28.5% makes full spy accounts quite powerful. I feel that the 28.5% should be raised to make full spy accounts less powerful.

xe-bec
13th January 2010, 10:08 PM
Noob question: What is SOV?

Pyrorazer
13th January 2010, 10:13 PM
Being at 28.5% makes full spy accounts quite powerful. I feel that the 28.5% should be raised to make full spy accounts less powerful.

and give more of an advantage to you rankers? and take away from sabbers?

Pauly_D
13th January 2010, 10:13 PM

Sell Off Value

Pyrorazer
13th January 2010, 10:14 PM

SoV = Sell off Value

Vrasp
13th January 2010, 10:19 PM
and give more of an advantage to you rankers? and take away from sabbers?

Well, yeah. Why should any account that burns turns and goes full spy be able to sabotage everyone in the game?

Pyrorazer
13th January 2010, 11:13 PM
Ok why should rankers and people who get huge boosts from alliances get a benefit from toehrs? and smaller chains?

Vrasp
13th January 2010, 11:20 PM
Ok why should rankers and people who get huge boosts from alliances get a benefit from toehrs? and smaller chains?

Because they've invested more time into their account? Ehm. I hate when people avoid my question by asking a question ^_______^

Pyrorazer
14th January 2010, 02:47 AM
Well if ur looking it at one way.. u also have to take it from the other.. u cant expect it to all be a one way street..

So therefore there should be no 'small' accounts? or if u are a small account u should just goto:
http://www.ruinsofchaos.com/base.php
Then:
http://www.ruinsofchaos.com/delete.php
Then:
Enter captcha
Then:
verify Email

????

Nice game u would run vrasp

Pyrorazer
14th January 2010, 02:50 AM
oh and this to answer ur question

Well, yeah. Why should any account that burns turns and goes full spy be able to sabotage everyone in the game?

Because they have invested there time in burning there turns in a limited number of days (which is a feat in itself trying to maintain a good hit)
And as i have said to you b4 if a person decides they want to go sabbing and sell everything to sab is there problem and shouldnt be penalised.. cause mabye i spent ALOT of time working my account to be a 'big' one and then decieded i didnt wanna rank and wanted to sab? i should get penaliseD?

Pyrorazer
14th January 2010, 02:51 AM
oh and not to spam posts but..

I thought this game was a WAR game which consists of war believe it or not..
Sabbing is a part of the game and shouldnt be penalised because Rankers like yourself want to be untouchable and not suffer from sabs

ThomMerrilin
14th January 2010, 04:25 AM
Its impossible to take more damage than your target. Damages are capped. Current average damage is 11% of damage caused. Nice try though.

I bet that can be proved wrong. send 25 spies against someone with a very low armory value, and if you get 2-3 'repairs' (mine range from 3.1mil repair to 5.5mil on attempts that fail when I get a repair) then you basically are screwed.

Another issue is, yes the sab formula is random.....but it needs to work BOTH ways. I seem to find myself getting in only 4-6 times on ppl with fractions of my spy in sentry, but the people sabbing ME, that I have fractions of their spy are getting in 6+ times.

I think you either need to make it SEVERELY unbalanced, so where that everyday it will vary say, 2 6 5 1 2 3 9 0 2 5 4 successes in 11 days or something. Not 6 6 9 6 7 8 6 5 5 6 7 for ppl and then 4 5 3 9 2 3 4 6 5 4 for other people who have similar "ratios" but at different values. OR, you make sabbing more predictable, where getting in 0-2 and 8-10 times is unlikely unless you are hovering at the ratio of fail/success, and more 3-6 successes most of the time.

As for what key said about TBG, it sounds like he is bitter b/c he must be an actual clicker, and his clicking is now less valued because there is a 60K up. The best way to counteract that is to INCREASE the price of UP. I never understood why fury lowered the price, it only made casual and un-active players easier to throw a wrench into things. the 60k UP used to cost....what, 12.5bil in age1 if i recall? now its 1/9th that price...plus the time it takes to recover the gold is longer. I would suggest increasing the UP costs 2-4x of what they currently are.

ThomasA
14th January 2010, 07:02 AM
oh and not to spam posts but..

Sabbing is a part of the game and shouldnt be penalised because Rankers like yourself want to be untouchable and not suffer from sabs

Its a ranking game, the objective is to achieve rank one, not to see how many people you can randomly sab, just to boost your sab totals or to force to stop playing. War statistics dont have a direct bearing on the rank. It is just one of the many strategies of the game and like other strategies shouldnt be abused.

Would a game where everyone is just sabbers be appealing?

Pauly_D
14th January 2010, 07:22 AM
I bet that can be proved wrong

he's an admin, the 11% is the average sab damages for everyone in the game.

@ThomasA
i hope you're being sarcastic or this isn't the game for you, its Ruins of Chaos, sabbing is part of the chaos. There needs to be a balance between Bankers/Slayers/Sabbers

ThomasA
14th January 2010, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=ThomMerrilin;1328725]I bet that can be proved wrong/QUOTE]

he's an admin, the 11% is the average sab damages for everyone in the game.

@ThomasA
i hope you're being sarcastic or this isn't the game for you, its Ruins of Chaos, sabbing is part of the chaos. There needs to be a balance between Bankers/Slayers/Sabbers

Please re-read my post, this is what Im saying.

I was making 2 points: 1, the main objective of the game is not war as what was suggested (it is part of the game but not the main objective) 2, That the various strategies in the game need some balance.

Various sabbers have described sab clans as fighting each other as boring or unproductive. When sabbing got nerfed too much in age 2 most would agree it was not good for the game.

At the moment there is no beginner protection from the sabbings, as Andy states people abused this.

I am aware that people play for various reasons, but this is not the main objective of the game. Likewise cheating is not the main objective of the game but there are those who play to find ways to cheat or exploit the game. I dont think we would ever see the Admins supporting this method of play, just because some people like doing it or get enjoyment from it and it would never be called an objective of the game.

Any strategy that causes significant numbers of people to stop playing, can not be described as good.

Vrasp
14th January 2010, 11:38 AM
oh and this to answer ur question

Because they have invested there time in burning there turns in a limited number of days (which is a feat in itself trying to maintain a good hit)
And as i have said to you b4 if a person decides they want to go sabbing and sell everything to sab is there problem and shouldnt be penalised.. cause mabye i spent ALOT of time working my account to be a 'big' one and then decieded i didnt wanna rank and wanted to sab? i should get penaliseD?

Nope. If you have a 'big' account you'd do full damage. My problem is with the accounts who don't really play all age, then can burn turns and sabotage everyone for full damage. I never said that they wouldn't be able to sabotage everyone; they just wouldn't do as much damage as a more developed army.

I think the problem with sabbing and sabbers in general is that they want everything to be easy on them so they can make it hard on the rest of the game -- sabotage is the play-style with the least effort and most reward: you only need 1/3 of your target's sentry to get in and only need 28.5% of their SOV to do the same damage to them as someone with double their SOV will do.

This is also one of the reasons that Strike overpowers Defense so much. Slayers have no real need for any stat other than strike because they can have someone else recon for them and can recycle their weapons. However, people with defense NEED sentry because they can get sabotaged for FULL DAMAGE by nearly EVERYONE IN THE GAME WITH ENOUGH SPY, which is, again, only 1/3 of their sentry.

Crazik
14th January 2010, 11:40 AM
Strike sabs needs to destroy weapons just like it does for DA

RichOahu_ES
14th January 2010, 04:30 PM
Nope. If you have a 'big' account you'd do full damage. My problem is with the accounts who don't really play all age, then can burn turns and sabotage everyone for full damage. I never said that they wouldn't be able to sabotage everyone; they just wouldn't do as much damage as a more developed army.

I think the problem with sabbing and sabbers in general is that they want everything to be easy on them so they can make it hard on the rest of the game -- sabotage is the play-style with the least effort and most reward: you only need 1/3 of your target's sentry to get in and only need 28.5% of their SOV to do the same damage to them as someone with double their SOV will do.

This is also one of the reasons that Strike overpowers Defense so much. Slayers have no real need for any stat other than strike because they can have someone else recon for them and can recycle their weapons. However, people with defense NEED sentry because they can get sabotaged for FULL DAMAGE by nearly EVERYONE IN THE GAME WITH ENOUGH SPY, which is, again, only 1/3 of their sentry.

LOL

RANKING is the easiest way to play. RANKING (except for clicking) is the LEAST amount of time invested to play (high up has been put in so hell, no need even click).

oooohhhh ahhhhh lets get to gether and bank! lets run a bank mass!

o.O

there are alot of other posts i wish to coment on reguarding sabing, but no time yet. but when i read the above statement i amost spit my food out.

slayers and sabbers are the mot time consuming ways to play.

banking take a minute or two.......

Spirits
14th January 2010, 06:37 PM
As for what key said about TBG, it sounds like he is bitter b/c he must be an actual clicker, and his clicking is now less valued because there is a 60K up. The best way to counteract that is to INCREASE the price of UP. I never understood why fury lowered the price, it only made casual and un-active players easier to throw a wrench into things. the 60k UP used to cost....what, 12.5bil in age1 if i recall? now its 1/9th that price...plus the time it takes to recover the gold is longer. I would suggest increasing the UP costs 2-4x of what they currently are.

Sounds like the rich get richer the poor get poorer

Its a (GAME) should be as close to equal footing as possible otherwise might as well just ask who the mains are for alliance and start them with 1 bil men

I am a Sabber and I sleep 8 hours use my phone at work trying bank every hour and set and play this game about 6+ hours every evening so I put in my time !! and should be able to sab an alliance main If my alliance is at war with theres.

Sabotage Damage 101,982,951,995 Gold
15,344 operations total | page 1 of 512

That took some time

Savage_NPK
14th January 2010, 06:37 PM
Factor Sabb stats in to rank and see how that goes for an age, see how many sabbers compete for #1. ;)

Vrasp
14th January 2010, 07:51 PM
LOL

RANKING is the easiest way to play. RANKING (except for clicking) is the LEAST amount of time invested to play (high up has been put in so hell, no need even click).

oooohhhh ahhhhh lets get to gether and bank! lets run a bank mass!

o.O

there are alot of other posts i wish to coment on reguarding sabing, but no time yet. but when i read the above statement i amost spit my food out.

slayers and sabbers are the mot time consuming ways to play.

banking take a minute or two.......

Really? How long does it take to sabotage someone? How long does it take to attack someone?

Are we taking into account waking up to bank for 'ranking'? How many sabbers do that? It's a hassle. You also didn't address any other aspects of my post, so please feel free to do that. You know, the part about not needing 1:1 ratio to get in at all, etc.

RichOahu_ES
14th January 2010, 07:56 PM
Really? How long does it take to sabotage someone? How long does it take to attack someone?

Are we taking into account waking up to bank for 'ranking'? How many sabbers do that? It's a hassle. You also didn't address any other aspects of my post, so please feel free to do that. You know, the part about not needing 1:1 ratio to get in at all, etc.

how much time does it take to sab and slay...

ummm, hours?

bank? heh, i did it all last age, 24 hours a day most times. if you don't war, it is EASY to bank, as you have DA. you can get at least 4 turns. if you don't mind getting hit at least once a night, you can get 4 hours of sleep no problem, roll over, use your phone for 30 seconds, go back to sleep. been there, done that.

still laughing about the claims that ranking takes anywhere close to the amount of time it takes to slay or sab.

too funny m8.

Vrasp
14th January 2010, 08:15 PM
how much time does it take to sab and slay...

ummm, hours?

bank? heh, i did it all last age, 24 hours a day most times. if you don't war, it is EASY to bank, as you have DA. you can get at least 4 turns. if you don't mind getting hit at least once a night, you can get 4 hours of sleep no problem, roll over, use your phone for 30 seconds, go back to sleep. been there, done that.

still laughing about the claims that ranking takes anywhere close to the amount of time it takes to slay or sab.

too funny m8.

I guess if it takes hours to hit a captcha to slay, then ranking still wins in the time taken, as you have to click more~

I don't really know where you're getting your time from, but I also don't really care. You're still ignoring the other points. My agenda isn't pro-ranker anyhow, and it's not anti-sabber, you're just trying to keep life easy for the sabber who only wants to harass other players without putting in a whole lot of effort.

RichOahu_ES
14th January 2010, 08:29 PM
effort.

please define it for a ranker.

what exactly do YOU do? click? mindless clicking? we all do that my friend.

as a sabber. organise and hosts masses. put out sab lists. take hours sabbing and chaining daily.

but anyway, thats not what this thread is about and i apologise for derailing it.

like i said i don't have the time right now to put in my thoughts on the comments already posted. as i want to take the time to post it right. unlike most of my posts on GUA, most times i just bang it out fast and don't care. but i actualy want to take the time and give some thoughts to it.

the bigest problem is the ease of getting huge TFF.......... maybe there is no solution and it never will be "right".

anyway, time to head out, am done with work.

Pyrorazer
15th January 2010, 06:40 AM
I totally agree on Keys last few posts.. sabbing and slaying takes 3x if not more time to do then banking..

Pedro
15th January 2010, 08:50 AM
[Quote]
@ThomasA

Please re-read my post, this is what Im saying.

I was making 2 points: 1, the main objective of the game is not war as what was suggested (it is part of the game but not the main objective) 2, That the various strategies in the game need some balance.

Various sabbers have described sab clans as fighting each other as boring or unproductive. When sabbing got nerfed too much in age 2 most would agree it was not good for the game.

At the moment there is no beginner protection from the sabbings, as Andy states people abused this.

I am aware that people play for various reasons, but this is not the main objective of the game. Likewise cheating is not the main objective of the game but there are those who play to find ways to cheat or exploit the game. I dont think we would ever see the Admins supporting this method of play, just because some people like doing it or get enjoyment from it and it would never be called an objective of the game.

Any strategy that causes significant numbers of people to stop playing, can not be described as good.

Originally Posted by Pyrorazer

Its a ranking game, the objective is to achieve rank one, not to see how many people you can randomly sab, just to boost your sab totals or to force to stop playing. War statistics dont have a direct bearing on the rank. It is just one of the many strategies of the game and like other strategies shouldnt be abused.

Would a game where everyone is just sabbers be appealing?

Probably amongst the most sensible comments I have read, yet.

This thread appears to be all about how sabbers can sab more for less effort, thus turning it into a time waster of a game.

Snoop

Jankster

Pls dont change the sabrules from this age or last age.
We have a age 2 were the repair was to high!(cost alot of players!)
The sabotage part have been tested in so many ages!
if we begin to "tamper" anything.
Pls-pls its nearly perfect as it is now, we cant get it nearer bc there are the ranker and sabber isue, Rankers wants less damage and sabbers more damage!
You cant satisfy all, but get close to it and that was the testing for age 3!!!!!!!!!!!!

ker-ect

I believe that it is too easy to totally destroy a small account by sabbing.

RichOhau_ES

Ever tried the game of Paper, Rock, Scissors? Each item is able to beat one of the other items. Therefore, in this game something is needed to reduce the effect of the sabber who really has it all his own way.

Rankers grow by clicking, stealing (in some cases), banking, banking and banking and more clicking.

Sabbers play by destroying or attempting to destroy other players.

Baby slayers play by turn farming sabbers. BRING ON THE BABY SLAYERS.

I am not sure wher the slayers (all strike and recycled weapons) fit into that, but that is another story.

I really dont see why sabbers should be complaining about baby slayers.

However, What about the small (or in between) players who dont click a lot, and have a tbg that doesnt allow them to recover from from being sabbed by a whole chain ? There is a case of either getting really big or just selling off and quitting.
Good, now all that needs is a few minor adjustments.
Such as possibly the 28.5% of Sell off Value rule

Vrasp
15th January 2010, 06:49 PM
effort.

as a sabber. organise and hosts masses. put out sab lists. take hours sabbing and chaining daily.

but anyway, thats not what this thread is about and i apologise for derailing it.

like i said i don't have the time right now to put in my thoughts on the comments already posted. as i want to take the time to post it right. unlike most of my posts on GUA, most times i just bang it out fast and don't care. but i actualy want to take the time and give some thoughts to it.

the bigest problem is the ease of getting huge TFF.......... maybe there is no solution and it never will be "right".

I guess you'd need to define what a 'ranker' is. The task of organizing/hosting masses is usually up to an alliance leader or a an alliance's battlefield mod, not for a sabber.

Anyway, maybe it does take hours to sabotage your long list of people, but that's not what I mean in terms of effort. I mean that it takes very little "work" to be able to get in range of sabotaging them, and then to get in range of doing full damage to them with sabotage.

I'm not really sure what you're not understanding about my argument, but I don't think I can lay it out any more simply. I'm done arguing over it though because neither of us will change our minds . . . I've said what I wanted to and the admins can do what they want with it.

Da_D_Master
16th January 2010, 01:01 AM
Whilst reading in this thread or perhaps it was another, i don't remember and cant really be bothered reading over it all again to quote it, it was suggested that players should be able to continually sab until 10 successes were made.

Personally i like this idea, it would give players a bit more of a chance to do some damage, but also more chances to be caught sabbing...

However, It was pointed out that this would cause for players to continually spam sabs just to cause as much damage as they can.

So I suggest, that rather than allowing unlimited spam to occur limit it to say 20 attempts per 24hours and 10 successes per 24hours. This would allow players to do as mentioned above. These are just random numbers, and i think 20 might be a bit to much (cause would advantage sabbers a bit to much?), but i think aspects like this should be looked into!

Also, i think sabbing doesn't really cause enough damage to players, is almost there but not quite imo. Its been stated b4 that even as whole alliances you can't really do all that much damage, except to perhaps new players. I think sabotage damage should be increased slightly, not so that you can completely wipe out accounts, but so that you can stop the overall growth of an account, rather than your targets still growing (though slowly) despite an alliance effort to destroy them.
This would obviously mean smaller accounts would be hurt alot more, though the damage to sabbers is also not worth it. Yes more times than not the damage when sabbing smaller accounts is 0, but when you do get damages it does hurt, depending on how big of an account you have and how small the other is.

Anyway, there's my thoughts :)

Pauly_D
16th January 2010, 07:12 AM
I think sabotage damage should be increased slightly, not so that you can completely wipe out accounts, but so that you can stop the overall growth of an account, rather than your targets still growing (though slowly) despite an alliance effort to destroy them.

i think Key was correct that the reason why accounts are still growing despite being sabbed by alliances. The high UP is giving people very high TBG's. My TBG is already over 100mil but last age the highest TBG i had was 50mil. My repairs from sabs have not been more than 2 turns to repair so far but last age it took 6 turns to fully repair all the sabs.

I think Key is wrong about being a sabber takes more time than a banker. Bankers have to log in every 1-2 turns (depending on how much you can hold) and doing that most of the day. Whereas a slayer/sabber usually will have much lower TBG so its easy to log on every 3-4 hours and keep all your TBG.
And about sabbing and getting all the information for your alliance, i know that getting all an alliance stats can take alot of time, i was doing that earlier this week and it took me an hour to get complete stats for an alliance of 20 people. However it only took me 10-15 minutes to sab them all. So if you are a sabber then unless you are the person getting an opponent alliances stats/organising masses then it doesnt take much time at all. I understand that is the side of it you see Key as you were leading ES last age so organising masses/getting information on sab targets but if you are not doing all that then it doesnt take as much time as you are making out.

MaradoX-
16th January 2010, 08:18 AM
effort.

Banking and clicking takes also a lot of time, maybe you done it once but not very good if it didn't take much time...

And hours for chaining a single alliance? It takes me 14 minutes at MAX to chain for example TLM or so...

MeDDish
16th January 2010, 08:20 AM
ok i keep seeing this 28.5% of SOV keep coming up.... now explain this to me... WHERE did that come from????

if someone sabs you 10 times and gets in 10 times, you take less then 1% worth of your SOV!!! ive got 2 accounts farming me on and off, for 100M TBG, that turn farm, i cant even spend my gold if im there waiting for it!!!
if i sab them im now sabbing 14million per sab, 10 sabs 140 mill.... the problem is they recycle (and i dont know how as ive ghosted them 10 times before a turn and they have still had 0 broken SA) so they loose 28mill and then farm me again for 100m..... i know its part of the game, but as it turns out this one player is farming several alliances, and the only thing we can wait for is them to run out of turns!!!!

i do think sabbing should be based not solely on your SOV but on your TBG, at least a % of either.... always based on whatever is higher, so if you have a large TBG, but sell off to keep a low SOV then sabs still hurt!, or if u have taken a lot of sells/good slayer, then its based on your SOV this means it will hurt all players, large and small!

as for UP it might be a bit much a bit cheap but thats another thread!

MeDDish
16th January 2010, 08:39 AM
also i wanted to add....
spy/sentry tools.... whats the go there????
please a admin tell me if my maths is wrong, but it seems we are sabbing a WHOLE PILE of tools, to do little damage

Your spies sneak into xxx's command center, and sabotage 427 Pickaxes.

Your intelligence division estimates the cost for xxx to recover: 38,430,000 Gold
sooo 427 pickaxes would be 128,100,000 gold!
the repair bill
You repaired 5.253 points on your Pickaxes for 38,423,247 Gold. Your Spy is now 1,171,032,000 (gained 51,211,497)
so that adds up...
now 427 Pickaxes costs 128,100,000 gold, to recycle we loose 20% so thats 25,620,000 gold now if we just broke it we lost 38,000,000 150% more.....

compare that to SA/DA
Your spies sneak into xxx's command center, and sabotage 4270 Mauls.

Your intelligence division estimates the cost for xxx to recover: 64,050,000 Gold
now 4270 Mauls costs 64,050,000, recycling looses 20% so that's 12,810,000 gold lost
breaking means a 64,050,000 loss so thats a 500% increase

going all spy means u can break @ will for little expense! and as long as u have the TBG to support it u can keep on breaking and sabbing!

saulot
16th January 2010, 09:06 AM
If you'd been following the public discussion (in #RoC), we're eliminating the new giant UP, and in fact making it more expensive to get to the top UP via additional incremental steps and a bump up in prices.

thats really to bad
the big UP is one of the main reasons i like roc better than koc
i hate clicking and with big UP clicking akes less differens (but still makes a difference)
taking away the big UP im pretty much fucked
gonna be the same way as in koc... you dont have any chance unless you click your ass off and/or have many officers

snoop
16th January 2010, 09:27 AM
Saulot: By "Big UP" I mean the new 60k UP.

ThomasA
16th January 2010, 10:26 AM
ok i keep seeing this 28.5% of SOV keep coming up.... now explain this to me... WHERE did that come from????

if someone sabs you 10 times and gets in 10 times, you take less then 1% worth of your SOV!!! ive got 2 accounts farming me on and off, for 100M TBG, that turn farm, i cant even spend my gold if im there waiting for it!!!
if i sab them im now sabbing 14million per sab, 10 sabs 140 mill.... the problem is they recycle (and i dont know how as ive ghosted them 10 times before a turn and they have still had 0 broken SA) so they loose 28mill and then farm me again for 100m..... i know its part of the game, but as it turns out this one player is farming several alliances, and the only thing we can wait for is them to run out of turns!!!!

i do think sabbing should be based not solely on your SOV but on your TBG, at least a % of either.... always based on whatever is higher, so if you have a large TBG, but sell off to keep a low SOV then sabs still hurt!, or if u have taken a lot of sells/good slayer, then its based on your SOV this means it will hurt all players, large and small!

as for UP it might be a bit much a bit cheap but thats another thread!

This is what DA is for and also the option to train down. If you choose to run a war/sab account and how you choose to run it, like other styles of plays it has its disadvantages. You also have the option to farm accounts, to make up your losses. An all DA account gets told to buy sentry to protect their DA or loose it. This type of account could equally complain about taking more damages from you than they are able to give. You have the option to buy DA to protect yourself from being farmed, but choose not to.

You have 2 people farming you, how many people are you sabbing? and how many are taking more losses than they are able to do to you?

Sabotage Damage 64,077,837,997 Gold
ADDING 8B SAB DAMAGE EVERY DAY!

Each style of play has its disadvantages, otherwise everyone would go for one style of play and where would the fun be in that?

Its unreasonable to expect a destructive account to be untouchable itself.

saulot
16th January 2010, 12:34 PM
Saulot: By "Big UP" I mean the new 60k UP.

ah ok i guess i can live with 30k

snoop
16th January 2010, 01:24 PM
Upshots of this thread:

The rate of failure in cases in which a sabber is a clear winner (1b spy vs. 100 sentry) is too high; it ranges from 3/10 to 10/10. The random factor is a bit too heavily weighted in the sab formula.

The 60k UP is too high (this is something we've known for a while though and had planned to change regardless; we are reducing the maximum UP to be 40k).

kjzaa
16th January 2010, 01:52 PM
Upshots of this thread:

The rate of failure in cases in which a sabber is a clear winner (1b spy vs. 100 sentry) is too high; it ranges from 3/10 to 10/10. The random factor is a bit too heavily weighted in the sab formula.

The 60k UP is too high (this is something we've known for a while though and had planned to change regardless; we are reducing the maximum UP to be 40k).

The randomness needs to be there if it wasnt, everyone would get 10/10 on the little accouns meaning they have no chance what so ever.
I sab alot and im pretty happy overall with the sucess to fail ratio on what i have sabbed. i do get annoyed sometimes when i get in like 3 times against some random low account, but it is evened out overall if you go back and look at successes through other days on what you have sabbed on this person. I personally dont think it needs to be changed!

The repairs are too high though i will say that :P

And UP does need to be changed, preferably by costing more. :)

snoop
16th January 2010, 02:12 PM
The randomness needs to be there if it wasnt, everyone would get 10/10 on the little accouns meaning they have no chance what so ever.
I sab alot and im pretty happy overall with the sucess to fail ratio on what i have sabbed. i do get annoyed sometimes when i get in like 3 times against some random low account, but it is evened out overall if you go back and look at successes through other days on what you have sabbed on this person. I personally dont think it needs to be changed!

I said the factor will be reduced, not eliminated.

kjzaa
16th January 2010, 02:22 PM
I said the factor will be reduced, not eliminated.

i dont think it needs to be reduced!

11,010 operations total | page 1 of 368 (all intelligence including recons)

5,059 operations total | page 1 of 169 (successful sabotage missions)

i dont know if you can check and give a more precise figure i know fury could last age! my successes seem ok to me ;)

snoop
16th January 2010, 02:36 PM
Your complaint is when you sab small people that you don't get in enough. That is caused by the random factor. Reducing the weight of a factor in the formula will change the outcome in those cases.

Also: I took the liberty of provoking Key in game(by turn farming him) in order to see what his damages would be against a small account. I don't know that I was happy with how high his damages were. He did 49m damage to me and took 12m damage. That adds up to around 24% damage.

I think what we want to evaluate here is the edge cases for the formula and calculation of damage for accounts that have larger amounts of spy against accounts with small sentry.

kjzaa
16th January 2010, 02:45 PM
Your complaint is when you sab small people that you don't get in enough. That is caused by the random factor. Reducing the weight of a factor in the formula will change the outcome in those cases.

Also: I took the liberty of provoking Key in game(by turn farming him) in order to see what his damages would be against a small account. I don't know that I was happy with how high his damages were. He did 49m damage to me and took 12m damage. That adds up to around 24% damage.

I think what we want to evaluate here is the edge cases for the formula and calculation of damage for accounts that have larger amounts of spy against accounts with small sentry.

I agree to bottom bit, i dont feel its the very low accounts which cause you to have really high repairs, but the accounts which sit on the barrier of your max damage taken.

eg. my average max damage is around 7-8 mill per attempt. the accounts which it really hurts you to sab are the ones which you can cause around 11-20 mill and thats a very high number of accounts at this stage, i wouldnt mind taking high damage on the big accounts if the damage was less on these. sometimes it can be alot higher percentage then what Key took :o

to top bit: like i said i feel i do get in more than enough on the small people ;)

RichOahu_ES
16th January 2010, 02:55 PM

remember you ALSO took 400mil gold... and i could do nothing about it ;-P

3 hours ago Frosted-Butts LOST 217,231,320 Gold
5 hours ago Frosted-Butts LOST 217,233,600 Gold

snoop
16th January 2010, 02:56 PM
Haha, but that was an added bonus supplement for me.... You could always approve me on ES's forum. I don't necessarily think the yield there that you got was a problem, I still think it needs to take an alliance to destroy someone.

RichOahu_ES
16th January 2010, 03:05 PM
Haha, but that was an added bonus supplement for me.... You could always approve me on ES's forum. I don't necessarily think the yield there that you got was a problem, I still think it needs to take an alliance to destroy someone.

i was too lazy to approve you... guess i should.

o.O

Prostatus
14th April 2010, 04:15 AM
Ok this post got alot more attention then i thought it would. But all I was trying to say is, I was fighting with cde or bss or one of those noobs. And I just noticed that even having 15 20 guys sabing me every day didnt seem to matter at all. and by that I mean that within a few hours all that damage i took is repaired, and for the next 18 hours will be nothing but growing. and yah sure u dont want to completely destroy someone with sabs, but if 15 20 people r sabing a guy he shouldnt be growing that day. I assumed the point of sabing in this game was to actually have an affect. and as of the last age i played, I was not affected by it at all. I am sure if someone managed to get 50 people sabing someone it might start to matter, but thats just stupid. Because how can u offer protection in a new alliance if even all 10 of your members sab someone and it doesnt do anything. Sab'ing isnt just for attacking but for getting people to f**k off. Whether or not u believe sab'ing needs to be changed doesnt change the fact that it does. Cuz im not giving bias opinions. The way it is now, or way it was, just makes the game work in my favor cuz i dont have to worry about sab's actually hurting me. unless its 50 people. cuz i play mostly solo anyways.

but i admit my suggestions to fix the problem might not be the answer. just the idea to get the ball rolling

tsom
14th April 2010, 08:51 PM
well i went thru pages 1 and 2 to see how the sabbing was going down didnt sab alot the last 2 weeks but from my exp sa and da is more easy to sab than spy or sentry i could be wrong but was the way it went for me and
Sabotage Damage 94,429,000 Gold
Sabotage Cost 1,525,195 Gold
i think slayers and da whores will be very very bad off next age

[11:05] <&kavAsoul> time to make a post in our gua thread
[11:05] <&kavAsoul> promote us as peaceful rankers who believe in human kindness and giving people a break
[11:07] <&N3RDK1LL3R> and we won't sab anyone unless they whore spy or SA
[11:08] <&kavAsoul> and for crew-safety our resident programmer his leviness has removed the sab buttons from our accounts
[11:08] <&kavAsoul> ;p
[11:09] <&N3RDK1LL3R> not removed, more like temporarily disabled
[11:09] <@tsom> lmao
OOPS I GUESS THE SAB BUTTON DOES WORK!

Smitty
14th April 2010, 09:35 PM
well i went thru pages 1 and 2 to see how the sabbing was going down didnt sab alot the last 2 weeks but from my exp sa and da is more easy to sab than spy or sentry i could be wrong but was the way it went for me and
Sabotage Damage 94,429,000 Gold
Sabotage Cost 1,525,195 Gold
i think slayers and da whores will be very very bad off next age
!

Proven by your attempt an hour ago when you couldn't get thru my measly 1.4 m SEN. You should have been able to at least three times with your SPY.

tsom
14th April 2010, 09:47 PM
i know lol its all messed up i urge all of you to try it out b4 the age begins ;)

Pedro
16th April 2010, 09:35 AM
Ok this post got alot more attention then i thought it would. But all I was trying to say is, I was fighting with cde or bss or one of those noobs. And I just noticed that even having 15 20 guys sabing me every day didnt seem to matter at all. and by that I mean that within a few hours all that damage i took is repaired, and for the next 18 hours will be nothing but growing. and yah sure u dont want to completely destroy someone with sabs, but if 15 20 people r sabing a guy he shouldnt be growing that day. I assumed the point of sabing in this game was to actually have an affect. and as of the last age i played, I was not affected by it at all. I am sure if someone managed to get 50 people sabing someone it might start to matter, but thats just stupid. Because how can u offer protection in a new alliance if even all 10 of your members sab someone and it doesnt do anything. Sab'ing isnt just for attacking but for getting people to f**k off. Whether or not u believe sab'ing needs to be changed doesnt change the fact that it does. Cuz im not giving bias opinions. The way it is now, or way it was, just makes the game work in my favor cuz i dont have to worry about sab's actually hurting me. unless its 50 people. cuz i play mostly solo anyways.

but i admit my suggestions to fix the problem might not be the answer. just the idea to get the ball rolling

Isnt that what sabbing is all about ?? Being mean and nasty and encouraging players to leave the game because they cannot get ahead.

This is in the profile of somebody who has quit the game (hasnt deleted, just sold off and stopped playing)

I quit.. too many people who are not smart enough to realize this is supposed to be a game for FUN.. not to be mean..If the purpose of the game was to discourage other players from playing, then sabbing is the perfect tool, bring on easier sabs. However, if the purpose of the game is for most if not all players to enjoy the game in some form or other, their clearly needs to be some form of restriction on sabbing, certainly sabbing shouldnt be any easier than it is. In this current beta, the game started out with sabbing being the predominant way to do business. I can honestly not understand why the battlefield grew from whatever to 24 pages with what appears to me to be a large number of players losing interest because the game is turning into a pure sabfest. Give it another 10 days and that will probably drop as accounts become inactive.

t0msky
16th April 2010, 09:52 AM
the only reason people have sabbed so much during this beta is simply because there is no clicking no gold and no other reason to log on, do you really think so many people will randomly sab during a real age...i can tell you from experience of this type of game they wont, you will always have your random sabbers, however the vast majority of people sabbing currently will not during a full age, people simply cannot commit tat much time to sabbing and clicking, i know that the only time you will see most of these people in your logs is due to farming or sabbing of their clan members etc

unlimited
20th April 2010, 03:54 PM
Isnt that what sabbing is all about ?? Being mean and nasty and encouraging players to leave the game because they cannot get ahead.

This is in the profile of somebody who has quit the game (hasnt deleted, just sold off and stopped playing)
If the purpose of the game was to discourage other players from playing, then sabbing is the perfect tool, bring on easier sabs. However, if the purpose of the game is for most if not all players to enjoy the game in some form or other, their clearly needs to be some form of restriction on sabbing, certainly sabbing shouldnt be any easier than it is. In this current beta, the game started out with sabbing being the predominant way to do business. I can honestly not understand why the battlefield grew from whatever to 24 pages with what appears to me to be a large number of players losing interest because the game is turning into a pure sabfest. Give it another 10 days and that will probably drop as accounts become inactive.

How about this... maybe instead, for new players, give a more detailed primer on chains.

So if someone from, say, TSH (completely hypothetically, dunno if you guys bully or not) or whatever clan is bullying you, then there is a page explaining that the best method to stop would be to talk to a member of a rival clan, and potentially join them.

So yes, you can bully the noobies, but don't be surprised if they become one more warrior in the clan you are fighting, etc. Just make the learning curve a bit easier.