PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Age 4.

ThomMerrilin
4th January 2010, 06:31 PM
So what? Sabbing is part of the game, who are the admins to tell you not to use it that way.

Ive been yelled at numerous times actually for JUST that. :P I wont name names of the admin though.

What about a Top Age Slayer/Sabber list also?

Also maybe, could the allsab.php page be re-done sort of, where you are directed to a "main" sab statistics page where it displays:

Your total gold value you have sabbed
Your average gold value sabbed per attempt
Your sabotage repair costs
Total gold value you've lost in sabs

Link to the original 'allsab' of every sab done for the age
Link to the list of players youve sabbed, ordered by most value sabbed.
Link to the list of total weapons you have sabbed grouped by type (sa/da/spy/sent) with gold values.

ThomMerrilin
10th January 2010, 07:52 AM
I have a suggestion for some alliance features :)

It would be cool if the game was able to track all sorts of things via alliance, like total sabbed, total slayed, top 10 of each stat, and other nifty stuff for alliance members to look at and compare (and brag :P).

HungryMan
12th January 2010, 04:56 PM
i would love to be able to have one main alliance and then also have a sub alliance.

then when a small chain is in chain with larger chain they do not have to choose which alliance to fly they will able to be flagged as both.

Vrasp
12th January 2010, 07:00 PM
i would love to be able to have one main alliance and then also have a sub alliance.

then when a small chain is in chain with larger chain they do not have to choose which alliance to fly they will able to be flagged as both.

Perhaps an 'ally' feature where two alliances will share recons. . .*shrugs*

ThomMerrilin
14th January 2010, 04:27 AM
that would be cool. Something like where the leader can approve another alliance to become "allied" wherein they can share recons and maybe other info.

snoop
14th January 2010, 09:22 AM
I like the idea of formalized alliances between the alliances, however I don't know what benefits that will entail and what will be shared among the allies. It may take the form of something like a collective war effort and sab stat/attack stat/bulletin sharing.

HungryMan
15th January 2010, 09:14 AM
yeah if two alliances could become allied that would be nice. so those of us who run a small chain can still fly there alliance and also support and get support from the chain they are in...this i think would be really good for the community of the game. to bring more people together.

snoop
15th January 2010, 09:21 AM
Well thinking more and more about it I think what we'd give you would be something of the nature of:

1. Shared bulletins
2. War targets (other alliances)
3. See other alliances total sabs on a war target
???? Make more suggestions.

HungryMan
15th January 2010, 09:29 AM
recons and bulletins. recons would be a big thing i mean that is why i disbanned my alliance to join the big chain i am in.

bulletins could either be shared by both alliances [that are marked as allies] or it could be made to be able to send the bulletin to either chain. prolly better to be always shared i mean you are allies you should be sharing info

oh and allies stats like i mean you can submit your stats to your alliance...if you alliance is allied with another then they get the stats too.

Sux0r
15th January 2010, 07:04 PM
recons and bulletins. recons would be a big thing i mean that is why i disbanned my alliance to join the big chain i am in.

bulletins could either be shared by both alliances [that are marked as allies] or it could be made to be able to send the bulletin to either chain. prolly better to be always shared i mean you are allies you should be sharing info

oh and allies stats like i mean you can submit your stats to your alliance...if you alliance is allied with another then they get the stats too.

It's not because X is allied with Y, and X is allied with Z that Y and Z should be allied

HungryMan
15th January 2010, 09:13 PM
sorry that is not what i meant my bad. i mean x allied with y then is player b submits his stats to his alliance [x] than alliance y will also see them.

snoop
16th January 2010, 12:06 PM
Recons will never be shared between alliances, I think that decentralizes too much. I liked the general idea just not what was shared. So it's still kind of your idea.

EdThaSt0rm`
16th January 2010, 12:30 PM

would encourage smaller alliances to take advantage of/abuse that feature

MeDDish
17th January 2010, 07:54 AM
id like the option to 'ally' with other alliance then choose to or NOT to share info, eg bulletins recon stats etc etc
and also the option to see what my ally is sharing/not sharing with me, so i could choose to share recon's but they could choose not to etc etc

Willis Ax
17th January 2010, 09:19 AM
I got a good one. If you delete bulletins without reading them they should be marked as read. If you don't read them and delete them it always shows that you have for instance with me, 3 unread messages.

Vrasp
17th January 2010, 09:38 AM
I would like the ability to block all incoming messages, as well as the ability to prevent everyone from joining me.

meeker
17th January 2010, 02:29 PM
I would like the option to chose what to share with my alliance. I know i am part of an alliance and i do want to support them but i want it to be my descision if they can force me to move commanders, my descision if my commander can see my logs(think this is in an upgrade pack), my descision if my intelligence is shared.

snoop
17th January 2010, 03:25 PM
I got a good one. If you delete bulletins without reading them they should be marked as read. If you don't read them and delete them it always shows that you have for instance with me, 3 unread messages.

That's what's known as a bug. That should be addressed by the fact that the new age will be just that, entirely new.

d like the option to 'ally' with other alliance then choose to or NOT to share info, eg bulletins recon stats etc etc
and also the option to see what my ally is sharing/not sharing with me, so i could choose to share recon's but they could choose not to etc etc

The bulletin sharing would be implemented so there'd be both private and public bulletins.

MeDDish
17th January 2010, 04:09 PM
The bulletin sharing would be implemented so there'd be both private and public bulletins.

how about recon data? that one id like to see as during this last war, we couldnt get up to date recon data on their top accounts where as our allies could

I would like the option to chose what to share with my alliance. I know i am part of an alliance and i do want to support them but i want it to be my descision if they can force me to move commanders, my descision if my commander can see my logs(think this is in an upgrade pack), my descision if my intelligence is shared.

the seeing of logs never got implemented (@ least ive never seen it working)
same as -> Coming soon: Get extra hints and tips on game formulas so that you can refine your strategy. Search through your attack and intel logs by username or alliance.
been coming soon for ummm.... ummm.... 4 ages?

and why would u want players to not to share intel, even a little player who spies someone i want that data IF i eva go searching players.... i remember spending DAYS spying players to update the RF Bot with new recons, and also using that same recon data that other players had submitted now its all in game it even more important!

P.S. snoop i know someone has requested when looking @ someones stats page, being about to see both your attacks on them and theirs on yours, id like to see everything....
yours and theirs "Last Covert Ops on player X"
yours and theirs "Last Attacks on player X"
as well as sent and recived messages to/from player X
as its only a few weeks into the age and im already over 700 messages sent & received!

oh and P.P.S. "Last Covert Ops on player X" breaks if u have NO recon data, but do have sab data... ive sabbed a few players i cant spy if i click on the link it gives me a
"Error
That report does not belong to you"
MeDDish

snoop
17th January 2010, 04:50 PM
how about recon data? that one id like to see as during this last war, we couldnt get up to date recon data on their top accounts where as our allies could

I don't think we're going to do recon data sharing between alliance-allies. As I stated above the reason for that is to prevent too much decentralization from the alliance itself. There needs to be a real and tangible benefit to belonging to a particular alliance, and I think that by sharing one alliance's recon files with another alliance, we take away a large part of that real and tangible benefit.

the seeing of logs never got implemented (@ least ive never seen it working)
same as -> Coming soon: Get extra hints and tips on game formulas so that you can refine your strategy. Search through your attack and intel logs by username or alliance.
been coming soon for ummm.... ummm.... 4 ages?

This is a brand new age and the primary goal is to have a game that's written correctly, so it both runs efficiently and is maintainable. I can't speak to any previous promises or what you expect. Although I do think searchable logs would be a good idea to have.

skynet
18th January 2010, 01:20 PM
Although I do think searchable logs would be a good idea to have.

that would be great and would be very useful... also will we able to search through the buddy list by name or sort by username...

HungryMan
18th January 2010, 09:33 PM
I don't think we're going to do recon data sharing between alliance-allies. As I stated above the reason for that is to prevent too much decentralization from the alliance itself. There needs to be a real and tangible benefit to belonging to a particular alliance, and I think that by sharing one alliance's recon files with another alliance, we take away a large part of that real and tangible benefit.

an easy way to keep this from being abused it to make it that no alliance can be marked as and share ixfo with only one alliance.

alliance X is allied with Z neither X nor Z can be allied with any other alliance. what i am saying is that smaller like 100 or even 12 players [alliance Z] can join a bigger chain and still remain there own alliance and recruit for alliance Z and not for X because we all know alliances do not always work then just two allies can join forces and share info but the leader of any alliance would need to choose well as to what alliance then allied with because they could only have the one!!!!

Willis Ax
20th January 2010, 06:34 AM
That's what's known as a bug. That should be addressed by the fact that the new age will be just that, entirely new.
Lol, that's what I was thinking it was. Good thing to know it'll be fixed. XD

EDIT: Ahhh, my message notice went away. Seems they had fixed it. :)

cata-ro
27th January 2010, 06:22 AM
For next age fix that bug with sentry and spy weapons when u want to repair.
Now u need to repair spy 1st and only after that the sentry no point to uncheck
the spy box will not work.

snoop
27th January 2010, 09:57 AM
cata-ro: http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=75113 For seperate suggestions make a new thread. Also it's a new codebase, new bugs (not old bugs) that's how it works.

cavalier5
27th January 2010, 09:25 PM
So new gugs

fistsofthor
27th January 2010, 09:44 PM
an easy way to keep this from being abused it to make it that no alliance can be marked as and share ixfo with only one alliance.

alliance X is allied with Z neither X nor Z can be allied with any other alliance. what i am saying is that smaller like 100 or even 12 players [alliance Z] can join a bigger chain and still remain there own alliance and recruit for alliance Z and not for X because we all know alliances do not always work then just two allies can join forces and share info but the leader of any alliance would need to choose well as to what alliance then allied with because they could only have the one!!!!

Would you care to clarify your statement?

Its a little unclear. I think i know what you are saying, but im not entirely sure. So if you could rephrase and clarify it, that would be great. Also, could you explain why the admins would care about alliance Z getting screwed should something bad happen?

snoop
28th January 2010, 08:55 AM
fists:

You can only have one allied alliance with whom you share info. Because of that they'd want to choose who to ally with more carefully.