PDA

View Full Version : Random Sabotage For EXP

Gohon
9th January 2010, 08:28 AM
Anyone else annoyed by people sabbing you for no reason other than they need to get EXP?
and sabbing is the quickest and best way to get exp.

This needs to be stopped. Anyone who sabs should go no exp points inless it is a revenge sab.

And while i think about it if someone sabs me and gets caught i should get 250 exp!!

Shane-
9th January 2010, 08:44 AM
I like the new system.

Sabbing isn't all bad, most of this "random sabbing" is done on small weapons, sticks and such, I get about 400 new logs aday from people (both big and small) attempting to sab me just to get exp, A few people get in every now and again, but /care, They tend to go for 1 LT or something, so it isn't much of a loss.

If you're being sabbed, and don't like it, then sab back, and ask friends to sab back, then you also gain exp, but overall, The way things are right now are decent.

About not getting exp?.... Then the only way to get exp would be slaying, and conquests, that isn't practicable for everyone, they isn't enough gold to go around as it is, so the problem would be switched from the odd random sab, to you being farmed/raided "for exp".

Shane

Seneca
9th January 2010, 08:48 AM
Anyone else annoyed by people sabbing you for no reason other than they need to get EXP?
and sabbing is the quickest and best way to get exp.

This needs to be stopped. Anyone who sabs should go no exp points inless it is a revenge sab.

And while i think about it if someone sabs me and gets caught i should get 250 exp!!

I lol'd.

Honestly, if they go for something that actually hurts you have them approved, that's what alliances are for.
This doesn't need to be changed, it's the only way for many people to even gain some experience

Callum
9th January 2010, 08:54 AM
How much xp is gained from a successful/unsuccessful sab?

Gohon
9th January 2010, 09:00 AM
About not getting exp?.... Then the only way to get exp would be slaying, and conquests, that isn't practicable for everyone, they isn't enough gold to go around as it is, so the problem would be switched from the odd random sab, to you being farmed/raided "for exp".
Shane

The problem is annoyin rather than a major problem i argee, but i did say that if sab someone back (a revenge sab against someone in your logs) you would still get exp like normal. this would encourge sab wars.
Also failed sabs and defended attacks against you should gain exp.

SleepingDragon
9th January 2010, 09:16 AM
Honestly, if they go for something that actually hurts you have them approved, that's what alliances are for.
This doesn't need to be changed, it's the only way for many people to even gain some experience

What about when the kids are unsabbable? They can just use the EXP to raise technology and keep raising their 198 NUNs to over 500m spy power...then you end up needing like 1.5b sentry to escape when you've already got your own tech maxed out and it takes forever to build up sentry.

Seneca
9th January 2010, 10:12 AM
What about when the kids are unsabbable? They can just use the EXP to raise technology and keep raising their 198 NUNs to over 500m spy power...then you end up needing like 1.5b sentry to escape when you've already got your own tech maxed out and it takes forever to build up sentry.

That's another problem, the problem you can get high spy without being sabbable combined with the 1:3 rule. Has nothing to do with sabbing for experience

HungryMan
9th January 2010, 11:34 AM
i do agree exp should be easier to get i mean when you only get small amounts of exp and the upgrades are like 19k and stuff [my next one is] then it is just not practical for people to have to make 100+ attacks to get the exp they need.

but to me it seems the server is slower than ever. and that is the worst. if the game could keep up with me maybe i would have gotten that exp i needed

Skorpz
9th January 2010, 06:09 PM
You get exp points for succefull attemp, no matter if sabbing or attacking. What do people at who those attempts or attacks have been made ? only damage. Game is too much unbalanced atm with that changes.

Seneca
9th January 2010, 08:05 PM
i do agree exp should be easier to get i mean when you only get small amounts of exp and the upgrades are like 19k and stuff [my next one is] then it is just not practical for people to have to make 100+ attacks to get the exp they need.

but to me it seems the server is slower than ever. and that is the worst. if the game could keep up with me maybe i would have gotten that exp i needed

1. The server is not at all slow, check your connection?
2. What is the point of upgrades, if they're easy to get? If everyone has a certain upgrade after one day, might as well just delete that upgrade completely, no difference will be made.

Gohon
10th January 2010, 03:51 AM
Theres nothing wrong with the upgrades ( except covert action upgrade, thats stupidly cheap atm). Upgrades should be difficult to get. if anything they should b harder to get. Like they should cost money and exp.

What im saying really is that they should b a way for every type of player to earn exp.

A slayer attacks to earn exp which is fine, but a DA whore has a real problem in earnin exp so he goes out and sabs a load of people who he doesnt have a grudge against. I dont think this is what rocco wanted to happen by introducing exp. Sabbing should used for revenge only, or as a threat. It should be used to ruin other people, not as a way to benefit yourself. If it was upto me sabbing wouldnt use turns and wouldnt generate exp. The only problem is that it is the only way some people can get exp.

Maybe conquests need to be better thought out give more exp and cost more turns and cost much less in repairs.

Or maybe people can use turns to click and get double exp from it. Say it cost 1 turn to click 5 times and you get 2 exp points. This would put an upper limit on clicking (only bad point), but it would give better organised chains and alliances can get an advantage as long as the old trickle system is restored.

powdered_donuts
10th January 2010, 04:11 AM
Like Kings of CHAOS? :/

Yea, this isn't KOLETSALLBEREALLYNICETOEACHOTHER ........

I would assume by making sabbing worth 2x xp, Rocco did in fact intend to stir up some chaos.

However you want to talk about a real problem? The multiplier effect from having officers, now that's lame, so before you go trying to convince Rocco to fuck up one of his good changes, help convince him to fix his most retarded change instead. :/

nytegurl
10th January 2010, 04:19 AM
my commandor is being sabbed for no reason and we dont want to provoke more problems ... i rather see a game without the sabbing part.

Gohon
10th January 2010, 04:32 AM
Like Kings of CHAOS? :/

Yea, this isn't KOLETSALLBEREALLYNICETOEACHOTHER ........

No this isnt lets b nice to each other. ur suppose to be an arsehole to people.
im sure havin double exp was supposed to encourge revenge not pointless random sabbing.

Sabbing is a pain in the arse but thats cause im a slayer. If there wasnt any sabbin people couldnt hurt me as i never have much gold in my account to steal cause i have a low TFF

Mudvayne
11th January 2010, 04:05 PM
my commandor is being sabbed for no reason and we dont want to provoke more problems ... i rather see a game without the sabbing part.

haha, you can't be serious can you? Take away sabbing? Why don't we just take away attacking also and then we can all bank, and this can become Kings of Bankers (if it's not already). Then we can all roast marshmellows and sing, and all be friends.:whistilin

xe-bec
16th January 2010, 04:33 PM
Actually, you can use sabbing to get more officers. Since its worth twice the EXP just tell people you will let them sab you repeatedly for the EXP if they join you. You just have to build up your sentry real quick so they don't actually damage you.