PDA

View Full Version : account ownership

skynet
8th January 2010, 12:25 PM
could someone remind me of the rules about logging into accounts and changing ownership of accounts... can a change of ownership of an account happen just once? (ie over the lifetime of that account) or is it once an age?

sky

Pauly_D
8th January 2010, 12:27 PM
could someone remind me of the rules about logging into accounts and changing ownership of accounts... can a change of ownership of an account happen just once? (ie over the lifetime of that account) or is it once an age?

sky

afaik its once an age and tell the admins about it to check they are ok with it

ThomasA
8th January 2010, 01:27 PM
# Passing an account to somebody else is allowed ONLY ONCE with prior approval -- contact an administrator or moderator for approval.
Passing an account AGAIN is not allowed under ANY circumstance!
Asking for approval AFTER taking an account IS NOT ALLOWED!
Selling off to an account you are about to take over IS NOT ALLOWED!
Selling off to an account you previously owned IS NOT ALLOWED!

We allow approved account exchanges because we know sometimes a LOT of effort has been expended, and sometimes circumstances lead to an individual no longer being able to play an account. However, due to the possibility of abuse, this is allowed only once per account per age. Furthermore, selling off to an account you're about to take over is also not allowed because this is an unfair advantage to basically combine two accounts into one (see rule 2).

rouen
8th January 2010, 01:35 PM
ThomasA hit the nail on the head. Its once per age with prior approval to change accounts with someone. As far as simply logging into another users account that is not allowed.

pigsfoot
8th January 2010, 04:02 PM
ThomasA hit the nail on the head. Its once per age with prior approval to change accounts with someone. As far as simply logging into another users account that is not allowed.

Not even to bank?

snoop
8th January 2010, 04:28 PM
Not even to bank?

Not allowed, no exceptions period. Having someone bank your account is clearly cheating because you weren't able to spend the gold yourself. Rest assured that if someone is caught doing so they will incur my wrath.

pigsfoot
8th January 2010, 05:13 PM
Not allowed, no exceptions period. Having someone bank your account is clearly cheating because you weren't able to spend the gold yourself. Rest assured that if someone is caught doing so they will incur my wrath.

sar⋅casm
  /ˈsɑrkęzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

Next time snoop I will clearly spell things out to you :P

blazed420
8th January 2010, 05:22 PM
sar⋅casm
  /ˈsɑrkęzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA
–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

Next time snoop I will clearly spell things out to you :P

Good cover up there buddy, hopefully he doesn't look into your account or anyone in your alliance... I think you may have diverted his attention by calling it sarcasm... good job! ;)

pigsfoot
8th January 2010, 05:31 PM
Good cover up there buddy, hopefully he doesn't look into your account or anyone in your alliance... I think you may have diverted his attention by calling it sarcasm... good job! ;)

:icon_eh:

Messias
8th January 2010, 05:44 PM
Having someone bank your account is clearly cheating because you weren't able to spend the gold yourself. Rest assured that if someone is caught doing so they will incur my wrath.

You never gonna find out which one of me is banking :rofl:

blazed420
8th January 2010, 09:54 PM
4 hours ago pigsfoot Sabotage 25 4
4 hours ago pigsfoot Sabotage 25 5
4 hours ago pigsfoot Sabotage 10 1

:D

Apparently I hit a soft spot with pigsfoot cheating or something of that sort... want a tissue, friend? ;)

skynet
9th January 2010, 09:12 AM

it's only god's chosen ones (the english) who are are capable of being sarcastic / ironic and of understanding sarcasm :whistilin

what i don't understand is why it's necessary for people who are still playing to be swapping accounts around to continue playing... in the rules (kindly provided by thomas and copied in italics below) the implication seems to be that an account can be transferred if the owner is no longer playing...

We allow approved account exchanges because we know sometimes a LOT of effort has been expended, and sometimes circumstances lead to an individual no longer being able to play an account.

blazed420
9th January 2010, 09:13 AM
it's only god's chosen ones (the english) who are are capable of being sarcastic / ironic and of understanding sarcasm :whistilin[/I]

You both obviously missed the fun in my post... the joke is on you now! :1poke:

skynet
9th January 2010, 09:18 AM
You both obviously missed the fun in my post... the joke is on you now! :1poke:

you proved my point in one sentence :<3:

blazed420
9th January 2010, 09:34 AM
you proved my point in one sentence :<3:

No? Anywayyyy, Ill just back away slowly from your stupidity... :sneakout::sneakout::sneakout:

rouen
9th January 2010, 10:53 AM
what i don't understand is why it's necessary for people who are still playing to be swapping accounts around to continue playing... in the rules (kindly provided by thomas and copied in italics below) the implication seems to be that an account can be transferred if the owner is no longer playing...

We allow approved account exchanges because we know sometimes a LOT of effort has been expended, and sometimes circumstances lead to an individual no longer being able to play an account.

Well it is like that with a lot of swaps but sometimes there are other circumstances that arise. Due to various different issues this age someone wanted to switch to a smaller account and just play casually instead of the hassle of dealing with a mega account. Sometimes people swap for in game reasons and other times people swap because they just dont want to play anymore, either way is acceptable.