PDA

View Full Version : Changed Covert ratings

UMIST
1st January 2010, 09:33 PM
Jan 1, 2010:

# Happy New Year! Multipliers from Technology upgrades have been lowered to 5% per upgrade
# Adjusted the sab formula slightly - a sabotage is never guaranteed to be successful!

what do u guys think about these changes

powdered_donuts
1st January 2010, 09:41 PM
Jan 1, 2010:

# Happy New Year! Multipliers from Technology upgrades have been lowered to 5% per upgrade
# Adjusted the sab formula slightly - a sabotage is never guaranteed to be successful!

what do u guys think about these changes

i'm happy to see tech go down, bigger numbers does not mean better game

i duno about the sab formula, guess I need to experment more, I haven't noticed a whole lot of change yet :/

Shane-
1st January 2010, 11:14 PM
Tech - A good thing, It lowers the huge difference in range between people.

Sab Formula - Probs a good change, Ghosting was too easy, But fingers crossed it isn't changed too much, not to a degree where you have to spend too many turns trying to sab a target.

Shane

Screwdriver_LaCN
2nd January 2010, 01:00 AM
I dont like this change so much...so now I may have 0 sentry and someone with 1 bil spy or 10 bil or 100 bil still cant be sure if he can sab me successfull xD thats what we all call "N00b Protection" :icon_laug

Trish
2nd January 2010, 09:28 AM
if youre unhappy with all the changes, clap your hands...

Pj-
2nd January 2010, 12:39 PM
I agree with Shane, even tho at first sight these new technologies seemed to be useless like the other adjustments to the numbers lol

xAre
2nd January 2010, 02:45 PM
I dont like this change so much...so now I may have 0 sentry and someone with 1 bil spy or 10 bil or 100 bil still cant be sure if he can sab me successfull xD thats what we all call "N00b Protection" :icon_laug

>implying a spy can never fail by himself.
Oh you.

LordCounter
2nd January 2010, 03:49 PM

koc land is dry sand. if someone has 10bil spies he brings a lot of spies with him. lots of dusty sand. even your non exciting sentries can spot that.

but seriously whats the point of talking about this? lets say i start the next age a few weeks later cause of circumstances, you'll have lvl 45 spy by then and i cant get going anywhere if you keep sabbing me. noob protection is there to at least give ppl the idea they have some chance at getting somewhere in the age when they dont play every day. nothing wrong with extending that when theres bigger problems in koc land

Screwdriver_LaCN
3rd January 2010, 01:09 AM
Ok I agree now after reading some other posts :)

Grondahk
3rd January 2010, 01:32 AM
koc land is dry sand. if someone has 10bil spies he brings a lot of spies with him. lots of dusty sand. even your non exciting sentries can spot that.

"Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 1 spies to attempt to sabotage" <--- :fear:
New players already have the protection of a small armoury and low aat.
If someone is big enough to sab through 2b sentry and take 14 LTs, why not allow the retaliatory sab of 1 nun to be successful?
It doesn't hurt them any more than their sab hurts the big guy.

LordCounter
3rd January 2010, 09:33 AM
if theres one thing that the past ages have proven its that a balance between sabber and getting sabbed is almost impossible to find

and the modified sab formula works both ways so why not?

Lopina
3rd January 2010, 09:49 AM
if theres one thing that the past ages have proven its that a balance between sabber and getting sabbed is almost impossible to find

I don't know, you may be right, and you may be wrong.

But why doesn't rocco show a bit respect to those playing this game and takes some of their advices, at least for a day or 2 in a beta.

Once again, Rocco, for god's sake, for a day, two, three, do the following to the sabrules:

Make only 11 attempts possible, but tweak AAT
Remove daily damage limit
Make the minimum of weapons that can be sabbed at any time 1 instead of 0

Mar
4th January 2010, 10:18 AM
It seems that not only the sab formula is adjusted but also the recon one(??).

I reconned someone succesfully and my spy is half his sentry.

Anyone else had this or is this just me being lucky?

Shane-
4th January 2010, 11:19 AM
It seems that not only the sab formula is adjusted but also the recon one(??).

I reconned someone succesfully and my spy is half his sentry.

Anyone else had this or is this just me being lucky?

The recon formula is something like 1:18 max, This got changed sometime in age 9/10.

Shane

Seneca
4th January 2010, 12:05 PM
The recon formula is something like 1:18 max, This got changed sometime in age 9/10.

Shane

Age 12 I did a 1:23 on you

Adrenalinejunky
5th January 2010, 01:02 AM
yeah, i've successfully reconned someone with sentry that was more then 20 times my spy.

i'm not really sure if there is a limit - or if it just gets more and more unlikely.