PDA

View Full Version : Please please please fix the steal %

The_Sovereign
31st December 2009, 02:36 AM
As much a I love averaging 65% per hit, can we please get this fixed? I mean, we didn't ask or want the other 95 percent of this stuff they added and yet they don't fix the most common complaint?

UMIST
31st December 2009, 04:17 AM
i agree with this. Just a few hours back i hit someone when he/she was holding about 7m but ended up only getting 3.2M when my tff was 100 times less than the opponents. That is not fair :(

cowboy_from_hell
31st December 2009, 05:37 AM
The % are the same for everyone really, if you want to steal more gold, wait till they hold more.

Yes it is annoying some times, but it also adds sometihng to the game imo

Seneca
31st December 2009, 06:39 AM
yes it adds annoyance

The_Sovereign
31st December 2009, 07:21 AM
The % are the same for everyone really, if you want to steal more gold, wait till they hold more.

Yes it is annoying some times, but it also adds sometihng to the game imo

Now when theirs a 95 percent chance you're ghosted no matter how high your sentry, its especially brutal. I mean, what's the incentive to slay? And it only gets worse. By month 5, you're losing a days worth of tbg because you only stole an hours worth even though you waited almost two.

LordCounter
31st December 2009, 07:40 AM
i thought we agreed to only bitch about the beta changes, not something that was added 10 ages ago

The_Sovereign
31st December 2009, 08:21 AM
i thought we agreed to only bitch about the beta changes, not something that was added 10 ages ago

I thought, hell while they're busy wrecking the game, they may throw us a bone and fix one of the things that people actually care about. Besides, since they made sabbing almost consequence free, this old broken game mechanic has been indirectly effected.

MarriedToTheMob
31st December 2009, 09:31 AM
I'd like this to be fixed, but it's the least of my concerns for age 13.

Sometimes it's annoying, but extreme randomness can still be fun. In age 7 (I think), I attacked someone and left them with 1 gold, no joke. And the flip side is that sometimes you will login with lots of gold even though you've been attacked recently.

So I would spend your time complaining about the real problems - like office-based bonuses, lower resale values, decreased trickle, and the low sab limits.

The_Sovereign
31st December 2009, 11:10 AM
I'd like this to be fixed, but it's the least of my concerns for age 13.

Sometimes it's annoying, but extreme randomness can still be fun. In age 7 (I think), I attacked someone and left them with 1 gold, no joke. And the flip side is that sometimes you will login with lots of gold even though you've been attacked recently.

So I would spend your time complaining about the real problems - like office-based bonuses, lower resale values, decreased trickle, and the low sab limits.

I think with new sab rules that make it virtually impossible to not ghost, constant bad percentages have been upgraded from "annoying" to "game-breaker". It may seem annoying now to lose 10 LTs, but imagine in 5 months where you are losing a billion sentry because some jerk just hates losing gold? That'll be the death of the big slayers.

trigger-joe
31st December 2009, 08:56 PM

stealing this small amt of gold is not something thats been around... it def seems like the amt stolen is less than before

vanit4s
1st January 2010, 05:47 PM
it s a feature of KoC, so accept it or play something else.
it has always been 60-100% (50-100% early ages)
less than 60%? in that case you should upgrade your camp....

Seneca
2nd January 2010, 01:20 AM
it s a feature of KoC, so accept it or play something else.
it has always been 60-100% (50-100% early ages)
less than 60%? in that case you should upgrade your camp....

We do accept it... we just prefer seeing it changed that's why we ask for it.. seriously, don't act so retarded.

Adrenalinejunky
2nd January 2010, 04:02 AM
We do accept it... we just prefer seeing it changed that's why we ask for it.. seriously, don't act so retarded.

while i completely agree with your opinion on the matter - do you really HAVE to personally attack people every time they have a differing opinion to yours?

Screwdriver_LaCN
2nd January 2010, 04:24 AM
I think that admins just have to put some limit of those %s because I think it is lame to steal less than 60% of what the other player had in hand!

sirlapins
2nd January 2010, 04:48 AM
Thank for your posts I sometimes gather a nugget of knowledge from your debate , cheers Sir Lapins

Rocco
2nd January 2010, 03:31 PM
We have not modified the formula for % gold stolen in about five years.

LordCounter
2nd January 2010, 03:39 PM
see now you made rocco post here instead of the threads that really matter.

lets sab the_sovereign

Lopina
2nd January 2010, 03:39 PM

You have not gained any more members in about five years.

LordCounter
2nd January 2010, 03:56 PM
You have not gained any more members in about five years.

yea 200,000 accounts are gone cause they couldnt steal enough gold out of a hit.

Seneca
2nd January 2010, 05:38 PM

why is it like it is though? No one likes it like this.
People that are getting hit are getting hit more often than needed, people that are slaying make lower profits on hits, and get annoyed.

I like _some_ random factor, but make it 80%-100% or even 70%-100% instead of 60%-100%

Lopina
2nd January 2010, 06:59 PM
yea 200,000 accounts are gone cause they couldnt steal enough gold out of a hit.

I'm not saying that's the ONLY reason, but it's ONE of the reasons, I guess.

UMIST
2nd January 2010, 07:14 PM
People that are getting hit are getting hit more often than needed, people that are slaying make lower profits on hits, and get annoyed.

I like _some_ random factor, but make it 80%-100% or even 70%-100% instead of 60%-100%

Seneca if u are ok with taking 70% of someone's gold when u hit then 60% is not all that bad. Stop complaining. If u do not like it then switch off ur laptop and leave the game! If you still want to play this game then live with this change. If rocco does not want to change it then it is his choice. He is working hard to make a few changes in koc. Appreciate them.

LC at that time most of those accounts were fake. The koc mods have told em that at any one time some people had 50 fake accounts. Now that they are taking action and removing these fake accounts the number of people playing koc will fall sadly

ZAR
2nd January 2010, 09:11 PM

Would you mind to test out the Age1 formula once again? :)

xjkryex
2nd January 2010, 09:23 PM

I dont understand why it cant even be a normal distribution around 80%, then you can at least have a better chance at higher 75-85% and if you get lucky/unlucky you get 65%/95%... this is my mind would be plenty of random_factor and wouldn't favor slayers to heavily...

The_Sovereign
2nd January 2010, 10:34 PM
I dont understand why it cant even be a normal distribution around 80%, then you can at least have a better chance at higher 75-85% and if you get lucky/unlucky you get 65%/95%... this is my mind would be plenty of random_factor and wouldn't favor slayers to heavily...

I agree completely. Gold steals that had a distribution that looked like a bell curve would be more fair than the pear we have now.

But now that Rocco has fixed the ghosting issue, poor percentages have again joined the realm of "annoying" rather than the "game-breaker". Kudos on that Rocco.