PDA

View Full Version : " Morale Bank / Market "

Shane-
27th December 2009, 07:36 PM
I was asked to post the below on behalf of Dawning, As GuA won't let him register.

--
Dawning None 36 minutes ago

I was thinking of a "morale shop". Basically what happens here is that a seller (of morale) clicks and then sells off his morale (in whatever bunches) to the
morale shop at a price. The buyer then can buy the said morale from the shop.

The price could be determined by the demand and supply of morale.....im too weak in maths to know how thatll work ^_^
So for example, the current price of morale at the shop would be, say, 1 million per 1k and so a person selling about 2k morale just transfers it to the shop and then gets
2 million gold gets transferred to him immediately. Same way for a buyer, if he wants to buy 10k morale, he has to transfer 10mill to the "shop" and then get 10k
morale tranferred to his account (ofcourse the shop should have 10k morale at the time).

The price can fluctuate based on the demand/supply daily.

1. I know you might say that this'll just encourage clicking even more and therefore dum idea, but well, this can actually be seen as a boost for slayers (thats what
i see). See, if slayers/sabbers just wanted to increase some of their stats by a few million all you now have to do is to spend 5-10 mins on some clicks and then
get quick gold and hence boost stats.

2. Why bother with this, you can buy/sell morale the normal way;
Firstly, id like to say the newcomers to KOC wouldnt know how to sell morale (they ofc wouldnt care to buy any) and whom to contact etc. I know this since I
experienced it firsthand.
Secondly, the usual way of morale buying/selling is kinda irritating. I sold a lot of morale last age and it was very troublesome. Since the timezones of most
buyers varied I had to stay late night just to complete the transaction. Its also mostly based on trust and that usually can be a problem. So this feature
(morale shop), would eliminate that uncertainty as well.
Also with this, now training down and stuff like that isnt needed.

3. Through this feature, another strategy can come into play. Some players could view it as a stock mkt thing. Invest in morale when the prices are relatively low
and sell them off when it goes high. Ofc this would not be that effective since morale quickly gets converted to troops.

4. This'll be more beneficial to the DA ****/big acc.s and not us slayers/sabbers/mid-sized acc.s;
I would beg to differ. I see this as a huge opportunity for mid-sized acc.s to compete with the big players as you get a quick boost of your stats with relatively
less effort (10 mins of clickin?).

5. We've had enough changes already, so stfu!;
Sorry ^_^
--

My views?
[2:34:13:am] <MrMackenzie> Yeah, But, I'm not too sure I like it, It's a good idea in thoery, But if we look at last age, Someone like Baigo would come along and -take it all-
[2:34:50:am] <MrMackenzie> Unless admins also added something like, you can only buy x%, of what you've clicked in the same day?

It could be a nice idea if its wrote correctly, And it doesn't mainly help the big big players (IE: Cap the max you can buy, based on x% you click), So people can';t be 100% lazy and only buy.

Could be nice if it also has an "In-chain market" type of thing to, But /Discuss

Shane

foundationSeries
27th December 2009, 08:34 PM
Seems interesting, I support this idea, though supply/demand may be difficult to get down.

Foundation

MFnBonsai
28th December 2009, 12:55 AM
Personally although I have suggested it before to rocco I don't agree it is needed.... It just gives protection to the buyer and seller since the gold cannot be stolen by someone.... and catching someone selling is always fun....

Takes away the concept of stalking those that buy the morale.... buying/selling morale should be a risk you need to take to work on your account a bank would only make playing this game soo much easier....

Santa87
28th December 2009, 03:30 AM
I actually love the idea.... the thing with the varying prices could be made so there is a supply section and a demand section, where you can check whos buying/selling morale. If youre a buyer/seller, and noone is a seller/buyer, you have to register yourself and wait for someone to offer you to sell/buy.

ie. You register for buying morale. you register the amount, and price, and a max price you are willing to pay. Your name then appears on the demand page. Another guy is a seller. He checks the demand page, and finds you and 10 others maybe. He can see your prices, but not your max prices. He can then make 2 offers. If highest offer is less than any of your max prices, those buyers with max prices higher than his sell price, will appear on a list, and the seller can then choose whom to sell to. If both his offers are too high, he will be put on the sellers list for potential buyers... and vice versa...

Ofcourse there should be a section, where you can change your prices, in case you cant unhand your credits/gold. And ofcourse you should put the gold/credits in the system, when you register, to make sure you can afford it, when having made an offer...

But yeah, to sum up, I really like the idea :D

BloodBullet
28th December 2009, 03:38 AM
this would make it too easy for the big guys to get even bigger

atleast let them make some effort

this is a no from me

MFnBonsai
28th December 2009, 03:52 AM
Top accounts will just buy all the morale that gets put up so the smaller accounts will have no chance in buying....

I like the idea more of removing morale transfers ;)

BloodBullet
28th December 2009, 04:22 AM
not removing, but limiting it? like only be able to receive 20-30k a day?

ZAR
28th December 2009, 04:31 AM
Personally although I have suggested it before to rocco I don't agree it is needed.... It just gives protection to the buyer and seller since the gold cannot be stolen by someone.... and catching someone selling is always fun....

Takes away the concept of stalking those that buy the morale.... buying/selling morale should be a risk you need to take to work on your account a bank would only make playing this game soo much easier....

Morale is no issue, the problem are the clickers that run with "outside" CC, growth without Morale should be limited to 50-100 clicks per 24 from any Source and the game would suddenly become more fair to everyone :)

cowboy_from_hell
28th December 2009, 05:06 AM
I seem to agree with bon and zar here :)

Bassicly, you can already do this, you just want to make it easier and a lot les exiting. They already did that to sabbing, no need to make sells boring too.
Yes it would make life easier but really where's the challenge? I personally love the adrenaline I get from giving/receiving sells. Yes some get intercepted but when prepared well 90% of them work out fine. And even if they don't you get to sab someone :p

I just don't think a moralebank is needed.

MFnBonsai
28th December 2009, 05:39 AM
Morale is no issue, the problem are the clickers that run with "outside" CC, growth without Morale should be limited to 50-100 clicks per 24 from any Source and the game would suddenly become more fair to everyone :)

The way I see it if you don't click you shouldn't receive morale.... nor growth but some like an easy free ride....

ZAR
28th December 2009, 09:08 PM
The way I see it if you don't click you shouldn't receive morale.... nor growth but some like an easy free ride....
I could live with that if there was a way to block every out-of-game-clicktool :)

But I am not sure if it needs to be that harsh, as Morale is a great way to determine winners in wars, or to stop sabbing on approved targets, help your officers, help your main and that.