PDA

View Full Version : spy and sentry rating

hughes
26th December 2009, 02:39 AM
i was playing koc the night. and i had +50 000 000 sentry rating.
level 11 covert. but then i bought 3 spy tools. and i refreched and i held 5 000 000 over and 500 000 spy:mad:

how is this possible?
fast answer please because i am very very pissed.

grtz, hughes

tiger45
26th December 2009, 02:54 AM
You may read Home Page of that game called www.kingsofchaos.com '_'
And then, you'll know some about it.

~tiger45

hughes
26th December 2009, 03:03 AM
but from 65 000 000 to 5 000 000. that is still not normal right?

and i had the 330 rank rating. something like that. now i am 800 +. if everybody lost this i still would be 330 right?

grtz

UMIST
26th December 2009, 11:55 AM
well no. since people have still not logged in to find their stats change. Once they do then slowly ur spy will be back to it original rank.
also people can now change races so many may have joined elves making their spy higher?

enderrocksonall
26th December 2009, 12:17 PM
hughes is right. I found my stats changed far more than the math the devs put forth would suggest. My spy rating is nowhere near what Hughes' was. But I went from over 16M to just over 1M overnight. The same with my sentry, it went from 7M to about 864K, and I never sold anything or had any of my tools sabotaged.

I never paid attention to my rank, but I'm sure that he is probably right about that.

And I'm sure that his ranking is not affected by whether or not other people have signed in to their accounts. otherwise, once you were the number one ranked player, you could just never sign in again and you would automatically win the age.

I think that the devs made a big math mistake when they were recalculating our ratings. I'm not sure where to tell them about it though. I was one of the original players from way back in age 1-2, but i've never had the need to come on the boards to complain about something. I don't know how to contact the devs to ask them if this kind of reduction is normal or not.

Rocco
26th December 2009, 12:46 PM
1) Before the covert bonus was applied in multipliers of 100%, so if you had level 10 covert you would have a (1+1)^10 = 1024x
Now the covert bonus is applied in multipliers of 60%, so if you have level 10 covert your bonus is (1+.6)^10 = 110x

This means if you have level 10 covert your covert ratings will have decreased by ~90%. But everyone's ratings have decreased.

People having not logged in yet has nothing to do with the rank drop. The reason some ranks shuffled around is because some people invested more heavily in covert skill and were affected slightly more, but other people gained more of their rating through tools and spies/sentries, and were affected slightly less since they were at a lower covert skill level.

2) We also removed the spy bonus from undead and raised the human income bonus slightly, so that also may have changed your ratings.

Ultimately since this is a Beta you really shouldn't be worrying about your rank, but I hope this clears things up.

Screwdriver_LaCN
26th December 2009, 01:01 PM
2) We also removed the spy bonus from undead and raised the human income bonus slightly, so that also may have changed your ratings.
WoW...I thought undead had SA/Sentry bonuses before, not spy xD

blazed420
26th December 2009, 01:04 PM
WoW...I thought undead had SA/Sentry bonuses before, not spy xD

I'm sure what he meant is, Attack bonus is removed from Undead.

Stop trolling. :)

paper_mario
26th December 2009, 01:07 PM
:P rocco spy ratings DO have something to do with logging in.

Check out this guy!
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/stats.php?id=4213005

12b spy :whatgives

hughes
27th December 2009, 03:10 PM
i played koc in age 2 or 3 i dont know.

but what is the meaning of a beta server?
it's like a funserver?

when does there start a normal server? because it's more fun if you can grow and upgrade everything without changing.

i had like +800 million attack. now i have +80 million.
it's just that i don't like it. it's like i am upgrading everything for nothing.

so my question again is: when will there be a normal server again?

grtz, hughes

Rocco
27th December 2009, 03:40 PM
hughes, the normal server will start when Age 13 begins, which will be in a few weeks - when we announce a start date we will put it up on the homepage.

Thanks for your patience.

debar
27th December 2009, 05:11 PM
when yesterday i found out that spy and sentry were changed,
i wanted to do some hits, and found it was a lot harder to see gold, for not all people's stats were updated, as they didnot log in/stats were actualized.
so i used some more reconning, and it was workable

now the same change happened to SA/DA.
to be honest, i am screwed for slaying today.
the guys who are not logged in, have old da, and for i lost 90 percent of my sa, most out of my reach, till they logged in... or i should doing raids to update their stats, waste of turns,
pffffff.

BillyCrack
28th December 2009, 03:04 AM
when yesterday i found out that spy and sentry were changed,
i wanted to do some hits, and found it was a lot harder to see gold, for not all people's stats were updated, as they didnot log in/stats were actualized.
so i used some more reconning, and it was workable

now the same change happened to SA/DA.
to be honest, i am screwed for slaying today.
the guys who are not logged in, have old da, and for i lost 90 percent of my sa, most out of my reach, till they logged in... or i should doing raids to update their stats, waste of turns,
pffffff.

I know what you mean..

Turns: 1,394

Almost 1 day of turns, 13 hits.. it's harder to do a good hit now, or even a good day of slaying