PDA

View Full Version : KoC has gone too far now...

Axiom
25th December 2009, 08:29 PM
The game really doesn't make sense anymore. Same basic layout... the simple math is gone... Can't find it at all.

The players who will have high tff's will be banking in DA, and to sell costs you a ton to get any sort of upgrades because in the end you're losing well over the 60% sell value... So, you need to click insane amounts, and be on KoC every 10 minutes of every day? Or, have the #1 DA in order to keep gold for every upgrade.

People who want a low tff, usually train all to covert, well... now that doesn't benefit anything. You hardly recieve gold/stats for them, they are now a waste!

The way SA/DA weapons work? Chariots and DS are better to have then a more expensive weapon, just doesn't make sense.

The officers giving bonuses? Just makes the game stupid. You will have a very small number of players that have a giagantic advantage over everyone else. People have 100 officers...and you give them a bonus? Give a bonus to the players that don't have officers...cause they'll need it...that makes more sense!

It's not a fair playing field. It's like me fighting a baby... and to make it fair, give ME a bat ;).

At least with trickle it was better that way. Still a big advantage, but not such a landslide.

So many upgrades that just don't make sense... The way of purchasing them is going to be absurd...selling off your whole armory to get level 11 covert, then what? You already lost insane amounts of value due to the rediculous selling values of weaponry.

Age 12 was good, could use a few tweaks, and some ideas used from the beta...but now KoC is so unequal all throughout it doesn't make sense.

It won't be as fun, and it won't help gain a player base, it'll ruin it if anything.

punkrocker7829
25th December 2009, 10:22 PM
where the hell is my spy i had over a 100 mil spy and sentry last night i came on today after dinner and had 12 mil spy 9 mil sentry my dignity has been taken from me.

powdered_donuts
25th December 2009, 11:38 PM
where the hell is my spy i had over a 100 mil spy and sentry last night i came on today after dinner and had 12 mil spy 9 mil sentry my dignity has been taken from me.

Training your spies and sentries to upgrade their covert skill now increases your ratings by 60% per level, instead of by 100% per level.

And I've drawn the same conclusion as Axiom here, if things don't change the slayers will be screwed without clicking a lot, in either terms of selling moral and/or clicking for self and banking as much as a tanker does.

The sell value drop is a big part of this.

Not agreed about age 12, but 7 was good.

Scooter
26th December 2009, 01:39 AM
Age 12 with relaxed sabbing. Easy enough for me. This beta could have been 2 days long.

rock
26th December 2009, 01:47 AM
I'm sick of this crap. Every day i see a major change. one day i have 11B spy the next day barely few 100 mils.

The only good thing about this is the opportunity to experiment with other races, everything else is just crap

Paradiso
26th December 2009, 02:24 AM
I'm sick of this crap. Every day i see a major change.

It's a beta...

Axiom
26th December 2009, 03:54 PM
It's a beta, change is obviously going to occur. If you don't like change... then we see where you are headed.

You are changing the games simplicity, which is a major reason people liked playing.

You click>Get Men>Get gold>build>higher rank.

Now its: Click>get gold>bank it>lose all value>upgrade 232342378 things>

It's about progress, right now adding all this crap isn't progress. It's a beta meant to test/fix bugs all that...

DarthAndrew
26th December 2009, 04:23 PM
I would like to think that after this beta the sell values are going to be raise, current ones suck, lol.

The officer bonus is not that bad either, but it need some changes to work betterl.

The spy/sentry changes do suck at all. I hope they change it at all, lol.

The experience things and Economics/Tech Upgrades are cool, it gives you something else to do beside bank, sab or slay, now small tff that do all that things have a better chance.

Sabbing limits is kind of weird, ppl has sab protection after certain amounts of sabs, so that should be fixed.

MarriedToTheMob
29th December 2009, 12:20 AM
The officer bonus is not that bad either, but it need some changes to work betterl.

No, the officer bonus is bad. My guess is that it's intended to be an incentive for us to bring new players to the game. But in reality, it's only going to frustrate new players. Legacy players will be 50% stronger than newcomers just because they have officers. The officer bonus applies to all ratings, so it will be pretty much impossible to catch up. It's easier for me to quit than recruit 5 officers.

Rasputin
29th December 2009, 12:42 AM
can't people post in already existing bitch threads?

dohh
29th December 2009, 12:58 AM
no sorry

Seneca
29th December 2009, 01:13 AM
can't people post in already existing bitch threads?

^ this.

I know you want attention and feel like shit, cry in bed every night, the whole wrists thing, but honestly you can't expect Rocco to read every damn thread, so don't make this many.

Bloo
29th December 2009, 10:42 AM
It's a Beta, perhaps I can draw your attention to the following you whiny little bitches:

For the Beta, we have increased the initial amount of resources so features can be tested more fully. It should go without saying, this is a beta, changes will be fast and furious and often without warning, so don't be afraid to hit that 'reset' button and try something new! Constructive feedback is welcomed on the KOC forum.

nirvanaisking
29th December 2009, 11:04 AM
It's a Beta, perhaps I can draw your attention to the following you whiny little bitches:

For the Beta, we have increased the initial amount of resources so features can be tested more fully. It should go without saying, this is a beta, changes will be fast and furious and often without warning, so don't be afraid to hit that 'reset' button and try something new! Constructive feedback is welcomed on the KOC forum.

I see you're a little slow on the uptake...

Bloo
29th December 2009, 11:27 AM

Errr, not really. Don't get what you're saying. Exactly the opposite perhaps.

MarriedToTheMob
29th December 2009, 12:33 PM
I know you want attention and feel like shit, cry in bed every night, the whole wrists thing, but honestly you can't expect Rocco to read every damn thread, so don't make this many.

While threads such as this suggest that KoC rule-changes are the driving factor behind a diminishing player base, I think GUA exhibits the real reason for the exodus that we've experienced:

The community consists of assholes, predominantly.

conflag
29th December 2009, 12:38 PM
While threads such as this suggest that KoC rule-changes are the driving factor behind a diminishing player base, I think GUA exhibits the real reason for the exodus that we've experienced:

The community consists of assholes, predominantly.

That was an asshole thing to say!

If we are all assholes, then we should be used to it and not be driven away. :sneakout:

SleepingDragon
29th December 2009, 12:56 PM
That was an asshole thing to say!

If we are all assholes, then we should be used to it and not be driven away. :sneakout:

Predominately is the key word.

I believe he was referring to the "assholes" tending to join in a perpetual GUA bitch festival of threads that has seemed to become a normal happening this age. Said "assholes" also tend to lay the hammer down on new/smaller players (or clans) ignorant to their omni-righteous policies, or change them on the fly expecting them to be obeyed after they sab new/smaller players. So yea, that's not very inviting for growing the player base...to have to join a big alliance or be dealt with cuz of ever-changing policies.