PDA

View Full Version : Race changes

Seneca
25th December 2009, 03:25 PM
Race changes available for beta it seems

EDIT: just changed to dwarves, weird stuff happened, lost SA and Sentry (fair enough) but also lost DA (uhhhh, right)

Rocco
25th December 2009, 03:36 PM
We've been tweaking the officer stat bonuses as well, that probably caused what you noticed. Changing race during the beta doesn't affect anything except your race (and its associated bonuses).

Seneca
25th December 2009, 03:37 PM
We've been tweaking the officer stat bonuses as well, that probably caused what you noticed. Changing race during the beta doesn't affect anything except your race (and its associated bonuses).

Oh yea, I lost a little DA, but my officer bonus changed 1,8x-1,3x and then I get +40% from Dwarves... accounts for a little loss of DA.

dohh
25th December 2009, 04:42 PM
Let's do something to put humans more on par with other races. Maybe adding +5%/10% back to the income bonus, or an additional +5%/10% sentry bonus. They are very obsolete right now.

Wake
25th December 2009, 04:53 PM

Well last time i loged in, I had like 1 bil sentry, and 400-ish mil spy, and now Spy Rating 20,954,659
Sentry Rating 76,084,046

without losing any weapons or coverts. So... err wtf? I mean is it all because of the new 60%? lol

Reno
25th December 2009, 05:04 PM
Yes, indeed it is.

Wake
25th December 2009, 05:08 PM
Yes, indeed it is.

Damn that sucks. The thing is that I went from Sentry rank 60-ish to 400, which is kinda weird, since this change is supposed to affect everyone.

powdered_donuts
25th December 2009, 05:21 PM
Damn that sucks. The thing is that I went from Sentry rank 60-ish to 400, which is kinda weird, since this change is supposed to affect everyone.

i'm thinkin after the drop a lot more ppl sold thier stats to finish covert level, i lost a lot of rank in spy/sentry sentry as well

when i left my house earlier my spy rank was like 54, when i logged in my spy was rank 12

now it's rank 268, i dont think everything has been fully updated yet either

as far as race changes go ppl are guna use that to thier full advantage ya know

oh, my strike is 4b and his defense is 4.2b, guess i'll go orcs for now :/

Reno
25th December 2009, 05:47 PM
The changes are not unlimited like it was in age 8 though, so you also have to consider the draw backs in that case. Is getting that one gold hit worth potentially damaging your overall rank?

Besides, in that case you mentioned, it would be better to just attack and hope randomness factor works for you like it did for GiantDave. :P

nodgene
26th December 2009, 02:50 PM
The other day I was trying to make mathematical sense of the races, as I wasn't convinced that they were entirely balanced. Being a student of games design right now, I thought I may aswell try and backwards engineer the races, based on the previous and now current differences. I believe I have came to near-correct mathematics as to how to balance them and what this means potentially. Below are my pseudo-mathematical ramblings...

--RACIAL BONUSES(original)--
HUMAN
Manage your army flexibly:
15% Income Bonus
15% Spy Bonus
>>>12+6=18 (25%ish underpowered)
DWARF
Defend stoutly:
30% Defense Bonus
15% Income Bonus
>>>12+12=24
ELF
Recon and Sabotage stealthily:
50% Spy Bonus
80% Fewer casualties
>>>20+4=24
ORC
Attack fiercely:
40% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus
>>>16+8=24
UNDEAD
Keep eternal watch:
30% Sentry Bonus
75% Fewer Casualties
20% Attack Bonus
>>>12+3.75+8=23.75 (1%ish underpowered)

--RACIAL BONUSES(new)--
HUMAN
Manage your army flexibly:
20% Income Bonus
15% Spy Bonus
>>>16+6=22 (10%ish underpowered)
DWARF
Defend stoutly:
30% Defense Bonus
15% Income Bonus
>>>12+12=24
ELF
Recon and Sabotage stealthily:
50% Spy Bonus
80% Fewer casualties
>>>20+4=24
ORC
Attack fiercely:
40% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus
>>>16+8=24
UNDEAD
Keep eternal watch:
30% Sentry Bonus
75% Fewer Casualties
>>>12+3.75=15.75 (35%ish underpowered)

income: +8 per 10%
30% max
attack: +4 per 10%
60% max
defence: +4 per 10%
60% max
spy: +4 per 10%
60% max
sentry: +4 per 10%
60% max
fewer casulties: +0.5 per 10%
480% max
balance total: 24???

Any thoughts, suggestions on my estimations? I worked them out with simple balancing equations, so it shouldn't be hard to see how I got to them. How they tie into game play is another question, but that gold generation is worth twice as much as attack/defence seems right, that spy/sentry are the same as attack/defence, unsure though. No idea about max casualties.

dohh
26th December 2009, 03:00 PM
@nodgene - nice math, but I think a lot depends on how they effect gameplay. My thoughts on current racials and what I'd like to see:

Humans
20% Income Bonus
15% Spy Bonus

Good change IMO, and would like this to be kept. 15% spy bonus, 20% more income to spend on spy and sentry, I like it. Ideal for the top min/max ranker? Maybe not, but for me -- good.

Dwarves
30% Defense Bonus
15% Income Bonus

Could lose -5% defense or -5% income, in my opinion. The 30% bonus still complements 15% income far too well to have both. But better than Age 12 at least.

Elves
50% Spy Bonus
80% Fewer casualties

The casualties thing is fine. Spy bonus needs to be rebalanced to be in par with Undead, and only needing 1/3 Spy:Sentry to sab someone. Maybe 40% bonus?

Orcs
40% Attack Bonus
20% Defense Bonus

I like it, no complaints. Some people who whore nothing but SA may not like it, but for a slayer with more TFF and balanced stats, I think it is reasonable.

Undead
30% Sentry Bonus
75% Fewer Casualties

Casualties should be 80% on par with Elves. Raise sentry bonus to 40% or even 50% to combat sabs, else no real reason to choose this.

nodgene
26th December 2009, 03:06 PM
I think, so long as we can find a mathematical basis of worth, tied to attributes we are seeking to balance; we can find the way to produce a very well balanced variation.

Mudvayne
26th December 2009, 03:29 PM
Your right dohh, undead are basically worthless with only a 30% sentry and a casualty bonus about the same as elves.

Santa87
26th December 2009, 04:34 PM
fun fact:
- when you change race, your weapz don't change to the new race weapz, so when you buy the equivalent weapon you will have two different types of weapz with same strength, lol...

maybe people have already realized that, and I am just slow, but I thought I would post it, for people who like me, have taken a while to realize it :D

Truewind
26th December 2009, 10:23 PM
fun fact:
- when you change race, your weapz don't change to the new race weapz, so when you buy the equivalent weapon you will have two different types of weapz with same strength, lol...

maybe people have already realized that, and I am just slow, but I thought I would post it, for people who like me, have taken a while to realize it :D

Lol someone should get all the unique weapons and take a screenshot. I'm very tempted lol :D

Rasputin
26th December 2009, 10:35 PM
lol Truewind gone mad :P

Seneca
27th December 2009, 01:44 AM
Your right dohh, undead are basically worthless with only a 30% sentry and a casualty bonus about the same as elves.

Agree, especially cause there are people that play purely for spy, and there's no one that just plays for sentry. Sentry is to protect other stats, spy is useful on it's own.

punkrocker7829
27th December 2009, 06:03 AM
all i have to say is its about time the elves are back on track instead of getting pissed on every age.

ZAR
27th December 2009, 11:35 AM
I have expected more balancing on the races, currently there is only Dwarfs and Humans for ranking, with Dwarfs beeing a little bit better still, Orcs for slaying (and slaying only) - and if you really want Elves for terrorist accounts - wich will be worthless for active allianceplayers with the current sabrules and UD that donīt cut it at all.

I hope there are more betapushes to balance stats, maye they add even some new options or some old ones like the eating of soldiers to gain extra gold (wich would fit the UD pretty good) or the increased causalities caused for elves maybe :)