PDA

View Full Version : Stat multiplyer on officers?

blazed420
25th December 2009, 12:08 AM
Just curious as to what this may do...

4 officers total (x 1.4)
page 1 of 1

/discuss

PS: Merry Christmas everyone! :<3:

Rocco
25th December 2009, 12:09 AM
Beat me to the punch. Active officers now increase your stats.

The first five active officers you have add 10% each to your ratings and damages, and any additional officers at 1% each up to a total of 2x maximum

blazed420
25th December 2009, 12:10 AM

Cool stuff, maybe this will give me some incentive to start recruiting again :)

Maz
25th December 2009, 12:31 AM
Isn't the TFF boost enough advantage by having active officers? I feel this will make it even harder for medium-sized independent accounts. Recruiting requires massive time, a lot of people playing this game just like to login once in a while and doing some attacks which will be hard to do if stat multipliers for active officers are implemented.

Baigo
25th December 2009, 12:33 AM

LMAO, you're ruining your own game man. This technology/officer multiplier will only lead to a bigger gap between big and medium size accounts. Just bringing more inequality to KoC. Let's see if this is applied in the real age. Even if I don't care, I find it pretty much amusing.

Shane-
25th December 2009, 12:38 AM
Bullshit idea.

"Kings Of Multiplier."

Shane

On topic:
30 officers total (x 2.2)
17 officers total (x 2.07)
5 officers total (x 1.5)
3 officers total (x 1.3)
2 officers total (x 1.2)

SabbingfromAustralia
25th December 2009, 12:45 AM
it doesnt make much sense to me.
I have 12 officers, and it says x 2.02.
Does it only multiply DA and SA?
Why was it necessary to add it? There are too many multipliers now and it makes it way too easy now for a big account with lots of officers to pretty much dominate unopposed. Tell me how thats fair for anyone. Even the big accounts like Shane don't like it.

Vrasp
25th December 2009, 12:52 AM
can has 3000 fake accounts pls? looks like it'll definitely encourage creating those.

Gem-
25th December 2009, 01:17 AM
***Please Rocco, as one of the mods who will have to ban all the fakes hourly, I'm requesting that this one be undone :)***

That was my original thought on this change; however, the stipulation was added that officers would have to log in at least once in the previous 24 hours for the benefit to be in effect. That means that all those accounts that get created and logged into once or even never, will not count towards this benefit. Since this stipulation was added, I can now say I don't mind this change at all.

dohh
25th December 2009, 01:21 AM
It looks like the multiplier cap is x3.00. I don't like this change. It kills what (already extremely little) chance anyone playing individually has. Nearly all my growth comes from solely my own clicking -- now not only do I have to work harder for my army then people with a bunch of officers, but their stats will be 1.00x-3.00x higher than mine?

It seems like the point of this change is to almost force people to recruit more people to play this game, but realistically it'll just cause more people to quit.

edit: Also, stats are already far, far too high with all the other ridiculous multipliers.

Vrasp
25th December 2009, 01:35 AM
So...

Officers 1-10: 0.1% increase
Officers 11+: 0.01% increase

Is the cap 3x or did the person just not have enough officers?

Cap would be 100 officers.

xjkryex
25th December 2009, 01:48 AM
Until now I've not been liking these changes, but I would play next age. If this change stays I'm actually quitting.

my thoughts exactly... in fact, i dont even see the point in logging in for the rest of the beta until this is reversed. I have no chance in slaying any worthwhile gold.

Lets face it, people with officers have higher TFF, and therefore get attacked by slayers. Slayers usually dont have as many officers because they depend on slaying for income. I wish this April 1st so I could wake up to it all being a joke... but instead its Christmas and It may be my last day of KoC.

dohh
25th December 2009, 01:56 AM
So...

Officers 1-10: 0.1% increase
Officers 11+: 0.01% increase

Is the cap 3x or did the person just not have enough officers?

Cap would be 100 officers.

I based it on recons I had before and after the change on TGF. (158 officers)

Emphasis
25th December 2009, 03:13 AM
I second the previous comments, the big accounts will be be even more powerful... But I'm sure Rocco will change it back in the real age, or put a cap on x2 or so.

powdered_donuts
25th December 2009, 03:30 AM
*sighs* I know it's just beta, and I'm starting to doubt that the age is going to be worth playing now.

If every change made is just ones to further seperate the big from the medium and the medium from the small than I'm afraid KOC is not the game I sighned up for.

I thought for sure at first with changes like these you were listening to the players:
got rid of AA's
got rid of online seeing
Changed frequency of security captchas
Conscription (unit production) is cheaper and can be upgraded higher

However it no longer seems that way. There was a thread all about how people didn't want a KOC clone, so you further the game into damnation instead of fixing the big problems you've already made. It's sad really.

I'm sincerely hoping this: Age 13 Beta will end in less than a month, is still enough time for you to turn KOC back into KOC again.

Am also hoping you've noticed the new rapidly increasing alliance:

Bring Age 7 rules back!
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/alliances.php?id=4571&join=e4f5cd6dfc555aedf0573fa6afa26ef9

Santa87
25th December 2009, 05:00 AM
As opposed to everyone else(it seems :) ) in this thread, I do not hate the idea. I think that its too much of a multiplier to gain, though if it was cut down, so the max was X2, and it would increase a bit slower, I don't see the big problem with it. It will encourage people to go find officers(since getting officers for growth, doesnt give an advantage to people who don't wanna grow too much).

And f.y.i I don't have any officers, so it is not because I am benefitting from the change, that I like it.

Adrenalinejunky
25th December 2009, 05:07 AM
i am benefiting from the change, as many of the slayers who were hitting me can't anymore cause i have more officers then they do.

and i still hate this change....

capkop
25th December 2009, 06:45 AM
As opposed to everyone else you're stupid.

This way TGF will win every age from now, and people like me that have a few good people as opposed to a lot of sucky people (TFE vs LaCN) will have no chance to people that have a lot of crappy officers.
Its normal 87 members dont stand a chance against 481. There's only one reason you would be able to put up a decent fight but I cannot speak of that here.

About the change; besides the fact that I really dislike this change, I think it isn't properly implemented either.

My SA now is 3.52b. My last damages:

For comparison, before the change in multiplier my SA was 2.5b, and my damages:

I always thought the damage formula was 60-80% of your SA, or something like it, but not 45% and an avarage of 50%! So imo the stats get multiplied but the damage doesn't? That would certainly make things even more random (and I dont thinkt that is positive)

loofa4
25th December 2009, 02:16 PM
Up until now I thought all the changes would settle down and be good, but this is terrible. It will completely ruin any chance any small or new or independent player has.

ArxSerpens
25th December 2009, 02:18 PM
Alliance Info
Name Bring Age 7 rules back!
Members 81
Rank 1
Power 121.05
Attack Rating 93.88
Defend Rating 77.58
Spy Rating 157.16
Sentry Rating 128.06

27 Members have this set to primary, almost half of page 1 does too.

Join the movement: http://www.kingsofchaos.com/alliances.php?id=4571&join=e4f5cd6dfc555aedf0573fa6afa26ef9

On topic more; This change is a horrible idea in my opinion, it forces players to change strategy or get left behind, and forces them to NEED officers, even if not WANTING them.

Seneca
25th December 2009, 03:26 PM
Multiplier now only works for officers logged in in the last day.. stats bouncing up and down like mad all the time... horrible change still

Rocco
25th December 2009, 03:27 PM
We have changed the bonus structure slightly: The first five active officers you have add 10% each to your ratings and damages, and any additional officers at 1% each up to a total of 2x maximum. So if you have 1 officer, your bonus is 1.1. If you have 6 officers, your bonus is 1.51. If you have 100 officers your bonus is 2.0. Also note that to count for the bonus, the officers must be active and have logged in within the last 24 hours. Note that the rank of your officers is not factored into this bonus, only their activity.

Adrenalinejunky
25th December 2009, 04:43 PM
Multiplier now only works for officers logged in in the last day.. stats bouncing up and down like mad all the time... horrible change still

i second that....

dohh
25th December 2009, 04:44 PM
It looks like the multiplier cap is x3.00. I don't like this change. It kills what (already extremely little) chance anyone playing individually has. Nearly all my growth comes from solely my own clicking -- now not only do I have to work harder for my army then people with a bunch of officers, but their stats will be 1.00x-3.00x higher than mine?

It seems like the point of this change is to almost force people to recruit more people to play this game, but realistically it'll just cause more people to quit.

edit: Also, stats are already far, far too high with all the other ridiculous multipliers.

:deadhorse:

Also, with the current 'officer multiplier', peoples stats can double or halve on a day to day basis. And there is already a large benefit to having a bunch of officers--... you get bigger then everyone else. This change will only encourage fakes, and destroys individual players. :shame:

Rocco
25th December 2009, 04:49 PM
Your stats will fluctuate a bit, but they would only double or half if you went from 0 active officers to 55 more more, which I find to be extremely unlikely. The trickle bonus only is a big help if you have officers who click a lot. This bonus rewards you for having active officers, whether or not they click.

dohh
25th December 2009, 04:50 PM
Your stats will fluctuate a bit, but they would only double or half if you went from 0 active officers to 55 more more, which I find to be extremely unlikely. The trickle bonus only is a big help if you have officers who click a lot. This bonus rewards you for having active officers, whether or not they click.

Exactly, that's why I think it's not a good change because people will just sign accounts up under them for more bonuses :confused:

RoyalTheory
25th December 2009, 05:32 PM
Theres been a tonne of stupid moves made to this beta age but this one on top of the pile of dumbest changes.

xshintenshix
25th December 2009, 05:54 PM
Isn't the TFF boost enough advantage by having active officers? I feel this will make it even harder for medium-sized independent accounts. Recruiting requires massive time, a lot of people playing this game just like to login once in a while and doing some attacks which will be hard to do if stat multipliers for active officers are implemented.

Wow, the fact that big accounts and chains' main accounts have a multitude of officers as well as trickle from those officers puts a huge advantage over independant medium sized accounts, or even those that have little clickback.

As Maz said, the TFF boost alone is hard enough for those of us who have work/other commitments, now we need 10 officers to basically double our stats;

in my opinion this is the dumbest most retarded change ever to occur in KoC, it serves to further segregate alliances' mains and large accounts from the rest of the KoC community, and cement the stability of those big accounts, which isn't fun at all.

cowboy_from_hell
25th December 2009, 06:31 PM
I can see the point and reasoning from admins behind the change, but seriously, the effect is a big no imo. Sure having active officers should help you build your account maybe. But how bout if you include the expierence in this and not your actual stats.
Like say every day your officer logs in you get 50 expierence? So you gain from having officers that play the game, but it can't make the difference for your rank.

Seneca
25th December 2009, 06:52 PM
I can see the point and reasoning from admins behind the change, but seriously, the effect is a big no imo. Sure having active officers should help you build your account maybe. But how bout if you include the expierence in this and not your actual stats.
Like say every day your officer logs in you get 50 expierence? So you gain from having officers that play the game, but it can't make the difference for your rank.

Active officers click and get clicked, so that's how they help your account already? lol

Just 'fixing' stuff that ain't broken.

Wow, the fact that big accounts and chains' main accounts have a multitude of officers as well as trickle from those officers puts a huge advantage over independant medium sized accounts, or even those that have little clickback.

As Maz said, the TFF boost alone is hard enough for those of us who have work/other commitments, now we need 10 officers to basically double our stats;

in my opinion this is the dumbest most retarded change ever to occur in KoC, it serves to further segregate alliances' mains and large accounts from the rest of the KoC community, and cement the stability of those big accounts, which isn't fun at all.

It's mere logic that from putting like 10x the amount of time into a game you get like x3 the stats as it is now.. regardless of work and other commitments, that's just fair.

I do think however that we already benefit enough from having active officers (BECAUSE they are active) and don't need a multiplier to make the difference bigger.

That, + what I said earlier about smaller groups of more skilled players don't stand a chance anymore now (or well, much less of a chance)

cowboy_from_hell
25th December 2009, 06:57 PM
Not every active officer likes to click, and well if you don't add them to clickers database, they don't get clicked and even if you do, once they have -100 morale, they don't make you grow any longer, so no, not nearly close to all your active officers help your account.

Santa87
26th December 2009, 03:21 AM
If one thinks about it, the game has always been about interacting with other people. I have played since age 3beta(took some breaks, but been playing for a combined 4 years), and ever since I started, the game has been about clicking, getting officers, and get them to click... Now there has always been the advantage of clicking, and getting your officers to click(ie, you get soldiers, increasing your TBG, giving you momentum compared to people who doesnt click)...
And why shouldn't there be an advantage of getting an active officer? I know first hand how much work one puts into recruiting officers, even if those officers doesnt click... So why is it SO unfair that a person who can't be bothered to do the harder aspects of the game, will get a disadvantage compared to people who does everything they can to play the game as it is intended??

And yes, I know that TGF doesnt really work to get officers, and he just recieves those bonuses for free(isn't that the argument everyone is using), but isnt that part of being number one, that you get some advantages? And I bet he is still working(or at least rest of LaCN leaders are), to keep him up high, and to keep the alliance together. So I think he deserves a few advantages, with being #1 TFF/#1 in amount of officers / #1 DA (think thats him holding it) etc...

But go on, ague against me. Tell me why everyone should have an equal advantage, so that people who work hard to get officers, don't have an advantage over people who can't be bothered... Heck, why not just make everyone in the game, earn the exact same amount of TBG, to remove the advantage of being a clicker. That way, a noob can also compete with #1( who has put a lot of time/energy into getting there), and isn't that what you want? It would for sure make it a game of chaos.

Maz
26th December 2009, 05:04 AM
@Santa87

I understand your point, and have to say after reading it I probably agree. However, 2x the stats is a bit extreme. If they have that many officers then their stats will be high, and doubling them would be ridiculous. Maybe lowering the stat multiplier would be an option?

Seneca
26th December 2009, 06:26 AM
Not every active officer likes to click, and well if you don't add them to clickers database, they don't get clicked and even if you do, once they have -100 morale, they don't make you grow any longer, so no, not nearly close to all your active officers help your account.

Wrong, once they have -100 morale you still gain soldiers from clicks on them

cowboy_from_hell
26th December 2009, 06:37 AM
So again, I would have to click. Why? I don't enjoy clicking. Why would I have to click my officers, when I rather help them out by finding them goldhits and sabbing with them.

Seneca
26th December 2009, 07:04 AM
So again, I would have to click. Why? I don't enjoy clicking. Why would I have to click my officers, when I rather help them out by finding them goldhits and sabbing with them.

So basically you're saying you're lazy but you still want to benefit.

Also, YOU dont have to click them, their links are on the recruiters, others click them while you are being lazy, chilling back and just watching the soldiers come in.

loofa4
26th December 2009, 07:09 AM
So am I correct in saying that this actually does not affect stats, only rank? Because if so, I take back what I said earlier. This is actually a potentially great change. Why? because:

1) It makes sense. Of course a great commander would be most likely to be king, and that's what the game is all about, becoming the king of chaos.

and 2) Most of the people who are complaining so much and saying they are going to quit are on the first page. If they do quit, it'll be the biggest help for new players yet :)

I used to play but quit in age 8, and I think these changes are long overdue and will make KoC a better and more strategic game. Keep up the good work Rocco.

cowboy_from_hell
26th December 2009, 08:16 AM
Not wanting to click has nothing do to with being lazy. When playing this game you can play it in different ways, one of them is by clicking. If I would prefer to slay and sab, I can play this way. Not everyone's link is on the recruiter and normally if admins had a clue after -100 their links would be out. So at -100, the cap was made for a reason. Those not wanting to click, not growing. So again, me and my officers don't like the aspect of clicking and don't really feel the need for the extra soldiers. Why can't I gain from having 20 officers that could actively be playing the game, but don't enjoy the clicking?

So like said, I don't agree with the stat multiplier. But I agree with the idea of rewarding people with active officers, more through expierence though than the way it is now.

edit: If I recruited 20 officers, why would I be lazy? Not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game.

ZAR
26th December 2009, 08:49 AM
Just change it so that every officer gives the 1% and remove the +10% and cap it at maybe +20% total :)

Also I think that clicks from whatever source with negative morale shouldn´t gain you TFF - that would kill unfair recruiters and promote active officers :)

powdered_donuts
31st December 2009, 04:08 AM
I still think this is the second worst change to the game that has been done this beta age.

The worst change is the 60 percent resale value.

MarriedToTheMob
31st December 2009, 09:20 AM
I still think this is the second worst change to the game that has been done this beta age.

The worst change is the 60 percent resale value.

I agree 100%. The officer bonus is horrible. My guess is that it's intended to be an incentive for us to bring new players to the game. But in reality, it's only going to frustrate new players. Most legacy players will be 50% stronger than newcomers just because they have officers. The officer bonus applies to all ratings, so it will be pretty much impossible to catch up. It's easier for me to quit than recruit 5 officers.

BillyCrack
1st January 2010, 01:06 AM
I just don't like it

Callum
1st January 2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah, seriously. It must go before age 13 starts. It frustrates me so much that (as a dwarf) I am so much more vulnerable today, becuase 1 of my 3 active officers haven't logged in. How ridiculous. And for the record, I had four active officers. The other one quit because of this feature.

Nice work.

powdered_donuts
10th January 2010, 04:12 AM
Rocco! Can you hear me! No one likes this change, please do away with it! :banghead: 5 pages of ppl bitching, can't you see this change sucks :banghead:

Mudvayne
11th January 2010, 02:42 PM
Rocco! Can you hear me! No one likes this change, please do away with it! :banghead: 5 pages of ppl bitching, can't you see this change sucks :banghead:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Eden-
11th January 2010, 09:16 PM
This change is made to promote recruiting, to get people more involved with communication in this game, and to perhaps recruit new players into the game. But lets be honest, how many of these medium to small sized accounts that some of you claim are in jeopardy actually had a snowballs chance to catch up to the big accounts in the first place? Slim to none. And is this truth seriously going to change for better or worse by implementing this change? Not likely. In fact, the only players in this game whom the change will affect the most in terms of competing with each other are top ranked accounts, which is why some name-brand players don't like this change.

Regards,
Eden

P.S. This means I support the change.