PDA

View Full Version : Increased maximum Covert Skill

powdered_donuts
24th December 2009, 12:05 AM
Upgrade Covert Skill
Current Covert Skill Upgrade
Level 11

Ummm, 1 lvl from 10 to 11 doubled my spy/sentry, thats nuts. If that's the way it works, last time I saw TGF he had over 3b sentry, my spy just went from 400m to 800m, his sentry is guna go from 3b to 6b :/ That's probably a bad thing. And it's obvious Shane has found this already as he is number 1 and I can no longer spy on him.

plus the only ppl in game who can afford to max it out is the BIG accounts :/

KillerK
24th December 2009, 12:40 AM
I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Screwdriver_LaCN
24th December 2009, 12:55 AM
This change is seriously retarded.

I have to agree here :D the spy was enough pumped xD and now it gets worse...the last 3-4 ages were quite bad for sabbers and now this beta is more than good for sabbers xD

powdered_donuts
24th December 2009, 01:02 AM
ppl are using this to thier quick advantage though, rofl, just tried to sab tgf and:

Your opponent has already suffered heavy losses today, and his sentry force is on full alert. Your sabotage will not succeed until they let their guard down.

Shane-
24th December 2009, 01:25 AM
Spy Rating 64,432,828,176 Ranked #1
Sentry Rating 94,684,951,781 Ranked #1

^5 Anyone?

As for whether this change is good for sabbers? - Nah, The sabbers will have issues buying all the upgrades, As least the casual ones.

Shane

powdered_donuts
24th December 2009, 01:27 AM
well, if this stays in tact like i says, it's not good the way it is, doubling everytime is way too out of wack, but since I had the chance to take up the oportunity to get my high sabs in:

went for tgf:

Your opponent has already suffered heavy losses today, and his sentry force is on full alert. Your sabotage will not succeed until they let their guard down.

oh well, next target:

Your spies successfully enter HellBoy_LoP's armory undetected, and destroy 35 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your spies successfully enter FrostBite's armory undetected, and destroy 50 of the enemy's Chariot stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your spies successfully enter Bogdanel-NGF's armory undetected, and destroy 5 of the enemy's Invisibility Shield stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp. x2

Sh4nnon
24th December 2009, 01:32 AM
good change imo .. may be slight price tweaking required .. casual sabbers are kinda dead now (unless they receive sells ).and a dedicated account alone can get those upgrades btw .. but thats a good thing i think :)

powdered_donuts
24th December 2009, 01:35 AM
Sorry for asking , I wouldn't know coz I am not playing. But why is it good for sabbers ?

It's not good for sabbers, sentries double just as well as spies do and since higher tff's can afford it quicker, if this stays in next age sabbers and slayers will be obsolete :/

Upgrade Covert Skill
Current Covert Skill Upgrade
Level 13 <---i assume it goes to lvl 20 :/

Spy Rating 3,272,641,757 Ranked #12
Sentry Rating 1,163,131,998 Ranked #26

I had 400m spy at lvl 10 and 160ish m sentry at lvl 10 covert :/

MFnBonsai
24th December 2009, 01:50 AM
good change imo .. may be slight price tweaking required .. casual sabbers are kinda dead now (unless they receive sells ).and a dedicated account alone can get those upgrades btw .. but thats a good thing i think :)

Yeah its a great thing that if you play by yourself you can't upgrade.... insert sarcasm here....

gotta say this has totally killed a casual player....

Sh4nnon
24th December 2009, 01:57 AM
u can still be a dedicated sabber with the current changes - bon .. just click arnd 50k first few days .. and u can get those upgrades ... rest is similar to what ur doing now :) get loads of spies and boom u have a great spy :D... casual sabbers r out tho .. but casual slayers i dunno why they will be out ??

Shane-
24th December 2009, 02:32 AM
powdered_donuts - It goes to 15

10: 6m
11: 12m
12: 24m
13: 48m
14: 96m
15: 192m

Difference between level 10, and level 15 is *30

IE: If your spy is 1b, And you get all upgrades, your spy is now 30b.

Shane

powdered_donuts
24th December 2009, 02:34 AM
u can still be a dedicated sabber with the current changes - bon .. just click arnd 50k first few days .. and u can get those upgrades ... rest is similar to what ur doing now :) get loads of spies and boom u have a great spy :D... casual sabbers r out tho .. but casual slayers i dunno why they will be out ??

if a tanker can take thier sentry from lets say right now inthe age the average tanker had about i'd guess 300m to 600m sentry, the mid tankers had higher, and the high tankers had higher yet

with these technologies and the ammount of gold a tanker makes over a slayer due to tff being much smaller on the slayer, these tankers will get the covert levels much faster, just 5 levels of upgrades and bam, those 300m to 600m sentries pop up to 9.6b to 19.2b, now how does the slayer keep his spy up that high and keep his strike up high enough to see that? :/

I sold 1/3rd my strike, I was getting 20 to 25m hits except on one guy who lamed me out so I farm him at 10m. Due to the fact that I sold 1/3rd strike for lvl 13 covert I can't get 20m hits anymore.

MFnBonsai
24th December 2009, 02:36 AM

I know how to play and what will be needed.... that's not the point....

Fact is that KoC unfortunately has turned into a clone of itself.... and now we all see why we were still playing KoC.... because it was KoC we wanted to play not another clone....

And yes I have played many clones.... but I don't play them anymore.... I'm glad it is a beta cause I would hate for it to stay this way....

My personal opinion ofcourse....

Maz
24th December 2009, 05:48 AM
powdered_donuts - It goes to 15

10: 6m
11: 12m
12: 24m
13: 48m
14: 96m
15: 192m

Difference between level 10, and level 15 is *30

IE: If your spy is 1b, And you get all upgrades, your spy is now 30b.

Shane

You mean *32 I suppose? 2^5 = 32.

Shane-
24th December 2009, 05:53 AM
Yes Maz, Maths fail on my part, Lol

Shane

BillyCrack
24th December 2009, 01:25 PM
Damn, that's why I dropped 20 ranks in one night. Have to sold DA, but I like it

Carnage
24th December 2009, 03:33 PM
Stick it to 12. 15 is too large.

xjkryex
24th December 2009, 05:16 PM
this change makes it nearly impossible for slayers... all TBG dominant accounts have up'd their coverts so I cant even get through at all when gold finding. So im stuck at covert 11 with no gold, when i was making 30m hits earlier this week... hmm

Bloo
24th December 2009, 05:19 PM
this change makes it nearly impossible for slayers... all TBG dominant accounts have up'd their coverts so I cant even get through at all when gold finding. So im stuck at covert 11 with no gold, when i was making 30m hits earlier this week... hmm

Finally, someone with the sense to post something constructive.
Fair point.

Seneca
24th December 2009, 05:28 PM
Finally, someone with the sense to post something constructive.
Fair point.

Not really, slayers can sell their weapons just as well as rankers can, lol.

Rocco
24th December 2009, 07:26 PM
All right. Let's try to keep the criticism/praise constructive - WHY do you like or not like the change - how will this affect gameplay?

Let's keep it on-topic.

Semper.Fidelis
24th December 2009, 07:31 PM
name me one useful change the admins made this beta that was asked by players.

wait weren't you all crying about how sabbing was way too powerful. An account is destroyed in one day *cry* Now it's sabbing does no damage at all *cry* There will always be crying in a group of individuals. 1k people 10k opinions. Noone forces you to play the game. Don't like it, fucking get lost already for crying out loud. Or stick to constructive critizism for a change.

On topic. Covert lvl increase is too high, the relation of SA/DA and Spy/Sentry concerning gold per point is way off atm. Either 15+ lvls with 1.5 or less per lvl increase in multiplier or just 12ish lvls.

Example:

Spy Rating 22,621,470,673
Sentry Rating 8,496,457,418
Covert Operatives: 700
Nunchaku ??? 569 120/???

Axiom
24th December 2009, 08:23 PM
As in all previous ages the easiest thing to increase is SA/DA. Now... It's opposite. SPY/SENTRY is far easier. If you could find a balance between the two. Upgrading the maximum covert level to 15 isn't an awful idea, but the rate at which it upgrades is strange to me.

All top accounts have almost 200% more covert stats compared to SA/DA stats... Far too big of a difference.

dohh
24th December 2009, 08:57 PM
wait weren't you all crying about how sabbing was way too powerful. An account is destroyed in one day *cry* Now it's sabbing does no damage at all *cry* There will always be crying in a group of individuals. 1k people 10k opinions. Noone forces you to play the game. Don't like it, fucking get lost already for crying out loud. Or stick to constructive critizism for a change.

On topic. Covert lvl increase is too high, the relation of SA/DA and Spy/Sentry concerning gold per point is way off atm. Either 15+ lvls with 1.5 or less per lvl increase in multiplier or just 12ish lvls.

Example:

Spy Rating 22,621,470,673
Sentry Rating 8,496,457,418
Covert Operatives: 700
Nunchaku ??? 569 120/???

Welp, this recon is of me, and yea the amount I gained by upgrading last night was ridiculous.

BillyCrack
24th December 2009, 10:00 PM
The difference is huge.

I have this picture of my stats just before the war with lacn

http://i49.tinypic.com/22kugj.jpg

And now..

Spy Rating 2,000,203,258
Sentry Rating 1,664,823,637

Nunchaku 290
Lookout Tower 245

Spies 4,440
Sentries 3,668

I had to sell my DA to get those stats :S

Doing some fucking maths on christmas, last age I had to invest over 14 bil on spy to get 2 bil of spy, in this age like 500 mil :O

Maz
25th December 2009, 12:23 AM
As everyone said before, spy and sentry has been too easy to boost with these new covert levels.

Also I'd like to add that this creates a bigger gap between high-tff players and others, especially between bankers and slayers.
As there are 1-minute turns now, there isn't as much gold on the battlefield. Even now with 1-2 bil SA you won't find a higher hit than 13 mil if you're lucky. That will make it a lot harder for low-tff players to gain the amount of gold needed for the upgrades whereas the high-tff players will get it too easily and multiply there covert with ridiculous amounts, making it harder to slay gold from them and also making them a lot more powerful both in wars and in protecting their gold.

Just my 2 cents :)

SabbingfromAustralia
25th December 2009, 12:53 AM
Nice idea, but multiplier is too large and probably unnecessary.
Keep it at lvl 10 I reckon is a safe option.

Screwdriver_LaCN
25th December 2009, 04:26 AM
All right. Let's try to keep the criticism/praise constructive - WHY do you like or not like the change - how will this affect gameplay?

Let's keep it on-topic.

I dont like it because as others said the big accounts can get those upgrades much faster and the gap between top account and mid ranged account becomes Enormous! I think others would agree that we dont need such big numbers like in some other games :/ we need a balance!And the sab limit has to be increased or else you cant hurt much top rankers because when they get max sabbed for the day then they have enough TBG to rebuild it.

The good thing from these changes is that now rogues cant be so annoying for long time :D except if they get sells all the time :D - of course this is for the typical rogues who are Elves with maximum 5-10k TFF and some coverts who can be massed :) And again if some hardcore clicker decides to be rogue he can click and train coverts and will have really high spy and to get it even higher he needs to sell some morale and here we come covert level 15 :D

dohh
25th December 2009, 05:09 AM
I'm being sabbed by someone with over 20bill spy that has less than 1 AAT. 15 covert levels is FAAAAAAAIL

Santa87
25th December 2009, 05:22 AM
My two cents: Because the multiplier doubles the covert each time, making 5 extra(expensive lvls) will just make a bigger gap between small/medium/large accounts. But Also, I think that the covert lvls have always been too easy to max out. So how about keeping the change in lvls(15 lvls), but reduce the multiplier as the lvls increase.

Right now the multiplier is 32768 for all 15 lvls, and it has increased by 32 for the last 5 lvls.
If it were made with X2.0 pr lvl, for the first 5 lvls, 1.75 for the next 5 lvls, and 1.5 for the last 5 lvls, it will give a multiplier of 32 for first 5 lvls, 525 for the first 10 lvls, and 3988 for all of the lvls. Thats still an increase of 7.6, but its way less compared to the X32 increase it is right now.

As used to be, increasing your covert, meant that you focused all your energy on getting lvl 10 covert, and then you started building your covert as usual. With the current change, it will be the same, only with 15 lvl, and it will take waaay longer. But with the new change, covert lvl might look a bit more like fort/siege tech, with it only being an adon to the Covert, and not the dominating part of the covert lvl.

Discuss :)

powdered_donuts
25th December 2009, 06:17 AM
blah

i liked it when it was 10 covert levels just the way it was, it created a balance, i think it should be easier to raise strike and defense than spy and sentry

it seems everything as of late has been multiplier, multiplier, multiplier

this reminds me of dragon ball z, at the beggining of the series a high power level was 1200, in the frieza saga if your power level wasn't at least 800,000 you were a panzy ass

there was no point in making power levels that rediculous just as there is no point in making end age stats for top accounts rediculous

LordCounter
25th December 2009, 10:04 AM
blah

i liked it when it was 10 covert levels just the way it was, it created a balance, i think it should be easier to raise strike and defense than spy and sentry

it seems everything as of late has been multiplier, multiplier, multiplier

this reminds me of dragon ball z, at the beggining of the series a high power level was 1200, in the frieza saga if your power level wasn't at least 800,000 you were a panzy ass

there was no point in making power levels that rediculous just as there is no point in making end age stats for top accounts rediculous
good comparison as no one watches dragon ball z anymore lol
maybe koc is just outdated and changes wont really make a difference...doesnt matters what rocco does with it there wont be any more people joining

Gohon
25th December 2009, 01:22 PM
I dont think that added more upgrades is the right thing to do. What should happen is the current 10 upgrades should b much more expensive and only give a 25 or 30% increase! Altho if that got reset now i would b so annoyed. Something for next age

Rocco
25th December 2009, 03:57 PM
Training your spies and sentries to upgrade their covert skill now increases your ratings by 60%, instead of by 100% each time

Seneca
25th December 2009, 04:18 PM
Training your spies and sentries to upgrade their covert skill now increases your ratings by 60%, instead of by 100% each time

This is a good change in my opinion. This makes covert skill more something you should upgrade after a while, not as fast as possible. Like this it's more like fortificiation and siege technology and that makes sense

jog1
25th December 2009, 04:37 PM
with the change, my spy rank went from 56 to 500 and something similar with sentry.

Whats wrong? everyone's spy and sent should have went down no?

Also

Hacker-SR:
Spy Rating 152,764,110
Covert Skill: 12
Covert Operatives: 1,710
Nunchaku Spy 42 120/120

me :
Spy Rating 88,324,832 Ranked #492
Covert Skill : 13
Spies 5,524
Nunchaku 250

we are both orcs...

Reno
25th December 2009, 04:40 PM
It's taking a while for some accounts to update.

RoyalTheory
25th December 2009, 04:41 PM
Same. Mine went from in the high 90s to the 500s.

Rocco
25th December 2009, 04:51 PM
Everyone's stats dropped significantly, however if you were at a higher covert level than someone else they would have gone down slightly more than someone who made up more of their rating with tools and spies/sentries.

Santa87
25th December 2009, 05:33 PM
lol, so much for me selling off most of my SA to buy covert lvls, lol... oh well, thats what one risks in a beta :P

cowboy_from_hell
25th December 2009, 05:53 PM
With this change, those that choose to upgrade got fucked a bit ( hey it's a beta ) and those that bought Spy weapons without doing the upgrades, gained a few ranks :) I guess it balances things up. I think what you gain from 1-15 now is sorta equal as what you gained from 1-10 in previous ages, just alot more costly.

Ricky91
25th December 2009, 06:04 PM
So much for having fun slaying during the beta, gone from a situation of finding attacks on all pages but for 1, to barley being able to see anyones gold on page 10.

Guess its only a beta, no training 26k/37k of my army as spies when the real age starts I lol

Maz
25th December 2009, 06:05 PM
With this change, those that choose to upgrade got fucked a bit ( hey it's a beta ) and those that bought Spy weapons without doing the upgrades, gained a few ranks :) I guess it balances things up. I think what you gain from 1-15 now is sorta equal as what you gained from 1-10 in previous ages, just alot more costly.

Yea you just get a little bit more.

2^10 = 1024
1.6^15 = 1152.92...

A bit more costy, but a little bit higher.

(1.6^15) / (2^10) = 1.12590.. so around 12.6% higher covert than before.

cowboy_from_hell
25th December 2009, 06:26 PM
I guess for the big accounts this won't change much for their Spy ranks, but for those who sold to get a big Spy, this could be sorta annoying. Now being one of those who sold Spyweapons to get the next coverts, my rank dropped quite a big, but I rather this than to keep playing with those big numbers like yesterday :) Now if they'd make the upgrades on your other stats less effictive we may get somewhere ( meaning make technology less powerfull )

The_Sovereign
26th December 2009, 12:48 AM
Yeah, I got screwed by upgrading. Ended up losing 200m spy from when I started. Why oh why did I talk myself into playing this garbage beta? I mean, what did I learn from playing this mess that I wouldnt learn from 5 minutes of reading GUA?

Santa87
26th December 2009, 03:00 AM
I guess one is playing beta, to help admins get an idea of what ideas are good, and what ideas are bad... And because it can be kinda fun(even though things gets mixed totally up by changes) :)....