PDA

View Full Version : Age 2 - Visual Comparison on Stats

Ricky91
19th December 2009, 05:36 PM
I for one thought the stats for Age 2 were dead and buried, but after reading 'PalmTree' topic on past ages I thought I would search again, and though I played in Age 2, it's incredible on how dramatically stats have changed, even from 2 to 3.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040209195735/http://www.kingsofchaos.com/age2_final_stats.php

It is not the offical KOC published list of ranks like 3-12 are, it is an archive which means many buttons/options do not work, such as the search/go buttons.

3 and 12

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/age3_final_stats.php

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/age12_final_stats.php

powdered_donuts
19th December 2009, 07:37 PM
the most devistating difference between age 2 and age 12 i'm seeing here is:

149,108 players total | page 1 of 2,983
6,534 players total | page 1 of 327

ZAR
19th December 2009, 07:57 PM
Age 2 was a good Age, except the sabimmunity bug - I love how 40% of the Top10 are RF :)

Screwdriver_LaCN
20th December 2009, 12:24 AM
Ah have never seen the age 2 final stats :D but I see some famous names there and more famous in age 3 :D

powdered_donuts
20th December 2009, 09:57 AM
on age three look at the very last page

second to last rank has stats of 0 0 0 0
last ranked place has stats of 5 0 0 0

so last rank had second to last rank beat by 5 points in strike and they tied on the rest? shouldn't that be the other way around? :icon_eek:

also it's sad to say this but either damn near everyone that age sold off to someone or else there was only like 200 players who tried that age :/ unless 10m strike was a lot than which also seems wierd, but i suppose possable, not like i was around in age three to know

BloodBullet
20th December 2009, 12:19 PM
link doesn't work for me? :(

dohh
20th December 2009, 12:58 PM
No point to comparing stats between Age 2 and any of the other ages since Age 2 soldiers were primarily gained through shitty clickmaster lists and trading links on IRC, all of the later ages had some form of much much faster clicker.

Pinturicchio
20th December 2009, 01:32 PM
Considering how clicking was, I dont find the difference in stats big at all.

boriszima
20th December 2009, 07:31 PM
more players = more targets. there was no problem with "farming" just too many possible targets. and yes, in age 2 it was harder to gain soldiers

Scooter
21st December 2009, 03:22 AM
The admins have this strange thought that making numbers bigger means making the game more fun. (More TBG, more turns, etc)

They fail to realize that we actually want less in the game to make it more fun...

Ricky91
21st December 2009, 03:35 PM
The changes to TBG would have reduced the the massive ratings till experience was introduced, I already have 1/4 of my final stats in SA/Spy from last age and im not really do much because its only a beta.

Anyway in my opinion the game grew to such size in Age 2 due to its simplicity and competitiveness with ranks, whats left now are the mass clickers and a chain of end of age sell offs.

BloodBullet the site can be slow so if you give it some time it may load.

ShadowMajestic
22nd December 2009, 07:55 AM
The changes to TBG would have reduced the the massive ratings till experience was introduced, I already have 1/4 of my final stats in SA/Spy from last age and im not really do much because its only a beta.

Anyway in my opinion the game grew to such size in Age 2 due to its simplicity and competitiveness with ranks, whats left now are the mass clickers and a chain of end of age sell offs.

BloodBullet the site can be slow so if you give it some time it may load.
the stats have risen every age, as there would be more or better ways to increase your stats.

But also, major things are forgotten like in example, SC vs PR... all out war of 45% of KoC vs the other 45% of koc, where the other 10% had not a stinking chance of anything at all. because of SC and PR, immense war, huge fights, biggest masses ever, anything, there where less stats, but allot was damaged during the age, even the ages later that happened, altho the major alliances didnt went into war unless they are absolutely sure they will win this. otherwise cry their way out of it (like SR last age, LaCN multiple times) no current alliance with a similiar power of SC or PR in the old days, has the balls to go into war like they used to.... if there are wars, its all on bullshit nowadays

9 out of 10 reasons of any current wars are 'farming' 99 out of 10 reasons of actions (or one-sided contracts) are caused by 'farming'. Noone went into war for just 'farming' even actions wherent acted overpowered much as nowadays (one kid, lets aprove him for 24+ hours just because he farmed a couple of times)

The game used to be allot more fair, the community used to be allot more open, less self-centered and what not. not only my opinion, i talked to allot of old players from back in the age2-4 era, they all pretty much agree on that the Community has changed :)

the community is whats keeping KoC online, the community is KoC's strength. But as barely any new guys get in, old guys leave. KoC will die anyways

but ah well, people in 'charge' will never realise that or even care untill its to late

blabla rantrantrant im yakking on, sorry, just bored, meh

powdered_donuts
22nd December 2009, 08:50 AM
the community is whats keeping KoC online, the community is KoC's strength. But as barely any new guys get in, old guys leave. KoC will die anyways

but ah well, people in 'charge' will never realise that or even care untill its to late

I cannot say I've been in the wars you speak of, nor can I say I'm an older player, I didn't start till the end of age six, and the most active war I've seen was age seven, so even though I've not been around long, I have noticed the war factor dropping each age and frankly I enjoyed reading this post though, I liked the way you worded it.

All I have to say is I hope ROC dies first. :)

Ricky91
23rd December 2009, 04:51 AM
the stats have risen every age, as there would be more or better ways to increase your stats.

But also, major things are forgotten like in example, SC vs PR... all out war of 45% of KoC vs the other 45% of koc, where the other 10% had not a stinking chance of anything at all. because of SC and PR, immense war, huge fights, biggest masses ever, anything, there where less stats, but allot was damaged during the age, even the ages later that happened, altho the major alliances didnt went into war unless they are absolutely sure they will win this. otherwise cry their way out of it (like SR last age, LaCN multiple times) no current alliance with a similiar power of SC or PR in the old days, has the balls to go into war like they used to.... if there are wars, its all on bullshit nowadays

9 out of 10 reasons of any current wars are 'farming' 99 out of 10 reasons of actions (or one-sided contracts) are caused by 'farming'. Noone went into war for just 'farming' even actions wherent acted overpowered much as nowadays (one kid, lets aprove him for 24+ hours just because he farmed a couple of times)

The game used to be allot more fair, the community used to be allot more open, less self-centered and what not. not only my opinion, i talked to allot of old players from back in the age2-4 era, they all pretty much agree on that the Community has changed :)

blabla rantrantrant im yakking on, sorry, just bored, meh

I remember in Age 3 while in PR there were events organised on Fridays/Saturdays committed to massing/sabbing LordStriker. It was just an out and out continous battle for an entire age to reach #1.

Comparing that to now as you mentioned, SR and LaCN would never do that. If LaCN was SC/PR last age they would have not allowed SR to get out of there war and probably would have won. SR deserved to win in the end, but its a shame that LaCN, an old alliance who saw all the SC/PR wars would turn into what they have.