PDA

View Full Version : Sabbing: alternative to sab limits.

venar
15th December 2009, 06:48 PM
When calculating how much is sabbable instead of just taking 1% of their total armory you take 1% of their armory MINUS how much they've been sabbed in past 24 hours. This way it is not a hard limit "sabbed by 5 people, now i'm safe", but is more of a gradual slope!

This way as many people can sab as want to, just less will be sabbable for that period of time! If you want to make it more "comfortable" you could say 1% of armory minus double what has been sabbed, or mess around with it.

I think this is better then a limit on sabs, because it will encourage alliances still, while giving protection to players :)

Semper.Fidelis
15th December 2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think that'd work, cause the formula effectively makes the target unsab. after 1 sab.

100b value => 1% = 1b
After 1 sab 99b value => 1% = 0,99b
aat = 0,99b -1b = -0,01b

Also possible I misunderstood the concept in that case I apologize and wait for a different explanation =)

I agree though that the cap has to be changed.

ThomasA
15th December 2009, 07:49 PM
I interpret it as:

100b value => 1% = 1b
After 1 sab 99b value - 1b sabbed last 24hours = 98b adjusted value
98b adjusted value => 1% = 0.98b new aat

venar
15th December 2009, 08:13 PM
I was thinking of it the way thomasA said it. I guess using numbers is a bit clearer :) I think this type of sloping method is a little more in line with the game play of KoC...

MFnBonsai
15th December 2009, 11:25 PM
Ofcourse sabbs had to be tested to make sure we had the right balance and it won't happen overnight but we know the issues and it will get changed....

by we I mean mods have been informed and have made it aware to rocco.... So expect further changes soon....