PDA

View Full Version : Income broken for age 13?

MarriedToTheMob
15th December 2009, 09:20 AM
To me, getting close 0 income from coverts seems like a huge game changer. This encourages TBG whoring with a huge TFF and discourages about every other style of play.

At least covert TBG has been bumped up to 10%, but that still doesn't help accounts that focus on spy rating, or slayers that like to keep their TFF under control.

I haven't played for a few ages, but I remember back in the day coverts use to get half TBG or just barely less than half.

Personally, I think it's boring to run a banking account. What does everyone else think about this change?

BuGz
15th December 2009, 09:31 AM
I don't mind the change. I don't see it changing much.

And I'm pretty sure coverts were 25% the TBG of soldiers, at least in recent ages.

So it's not a HUGE change.

MarriedToTheMob
15th December 2009, 09:42 AM
And I'm pretty sure coverts were 25% the TBG of soldiers, at least in recent ages.

So it's not a HUGE change.

Then there's a 60% difference between what coverts have generated in recent ages and what they will generate in age 13. That's a crippling change.

It also makes recruiting somewhat pointless for those who like to train down, if you only get a single gold added to your TBG for every ten clicks.

BuGz
15th December 2009, 09:51 AM
Then there's a 60% difference between what coverts have generated in recent ages and what they will generate in age 13. That's a crippling change.

It also makes recruiting somewhat pointless for those who like to train down, if you only get a single gold added to your TBG for every ten clicks.

The alternative would be sell your morale for gold to the DA whores.

If you're training down to slay, you're not relying much on TBG in the first place.

MarriedToTheMob
15th December 2009, 10:08 AM
If you're training down to slay, you're not relying much on TBG in the first place.

Slayer accounts need every edge they can get to keep their SA above the DA whores (who already had a huge, but fair TBG advantage). They have to hit big accounts with lots of gold just to pay for their repairs and this will make it much harder for slayers to keep up.

You're also forgetting that spy accounts have to waste their turns on sabs now, so they won't be able to attack very much.

Seneca
15th December 2009, 10:18 AM
Honestly if you think you need TBG to slay and if you're training down as a slayer you should probably learn to playh

fistsofthor
15th December 2009, 11:00 AM
Slayer accounts need every edge they can get to keep their SA above the DA whores (who already had a huge, but fair TBG advantage). They have to hit big accounts with lots of gold just to pay for their repairs and this will make it much harder for slayers to keep up.

You're also forgetting that spy accounts have to waste their turns on sabs now, so they won't be able to attack very much.

well, if you look, you will find that we have something called economy over here which helps those there slayers out.

bravo
15th December 2009, 11:58 AM
The only down point is that people are less likely to convert and with the added raid function not killing as much as I would like to kill.
Converts are great and 10% is much better then nothing at all, so if you ask me should it be more... then yes!

MarriedToTheMob
15th December 2009, 12:11 PM
Honestly if you think you need TBG to slay and if you're training down as a slayer you should probably learn to playh

I'm not just talking about the slayers who farm the top ranks. I'm talking about the other 95% of slayers that have to keep their TFF at a reasonable number. Not everyone can waste their whole day clicking.

well, if you look, you will find that we have something called economy over here which helps those there slayers out.

Actually, I think economy in conjunction with conquests will help DA whores more. Accounts with a small SA and large TFF often don't use many attack turns; the economy feature gives them additional free income. And with a small SA the repairs from conquests are negligible.

loofa4
15th December 2009, 01:10 PM
Actually, I think economy in conjunction with conquests will help DA whores more.

Not so much. DA whores have oodles of troops, so economy really doesn't have that big of an effect on them. The greater your TFF the less of an impact economy will have on your TBG. It's easier for DA whores to just click and save exp for technology. Economy is made to help small TFF armies.

fistsofthor
15th December 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm not just talking about the slayers who farm the top ranks. I'm talking about the other 95% of slayers that have to keep their TFF at a reasonable number. Not everyone can waste their whole day clicking.

Actually, I think economy in conjunction with conquests will help DA whores more. Accounts with a small SA and large TFF often don't use many attack turns; the economy feature gives them additional free income. And with a small SA the repairs from conquests are negligible.

I think they should get rid of conquests as the purpose of experience and the experience upgrades is to motivate players to interact. As a result, i think that slaying bigger TFFs and sabbing should yield the most experience.

However, they have made it so that conquests yield less experience for every one after 10, so that should help. But, o well/

BuGz
15th December 2009, 01:27 PM
I think they should get rid of conquests as the purpose of experience and the experience upgrades is to motivate players to interact. As a result, i think that slaying bigger TFFs and sabbing should yield the most experience.

However, they have made it so that conquests yield less experience for every one after 10, so that should help. But, o well/

I wouldn't mind it all being a 1 turn : 1 exp ratio, such that WHATEVER you do (Conquest, Slay, Sab, Recon) you aren't "losing out" exp for doing what you need to do.

I think they should keep conquests, so people that can't slay aren't forced to random-sab just to try to get exp, but if it was all 1:1 turn:exp, I don't think anybody could complain.

fistsofthor
15th December 2009, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't mind it all being a 1 turn : 1 exp ratio, such that WHATEVER you do (Conquest, Slay, Sab, Recon) you aren't "losing out" exp for doing what you need to do.

I think they should keep conquests, so people that can't slay aren't forced to random-sab just to try to get exp, but if it was all 1:1 turn:exp, I don't think anybody could complain.

people getting forced to random sab to gain experience would liven this game up. but, i agree that the biggest experience bonus should not come from you doing something solo. the biggest experience bonus thing should come from you doing something that inflicts damage upon other players.