PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

colleca
13th December 2009, 03:02 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering if admins would like to enact an option that would allow admins to change race bonuses without the griping of people who felt like they were getting ripped off. Im assuming that atleast one time in this beta admins will consider changing the bonuses to see how the gameplay changes. My idea is to enable people to change their race 2x during this beta.

heres the specifications:
1. You may not change your race during the last week of the beta to bring about end to a war or something drastic due to the stat bonus. i.e. TGF couldn't change to elves suddenly because he was getting massed down.
2. With Spec #1 in mind, players will effectively put their account into vacation mode for 1 hour (or whatever you feel is appropriate) when switching races (this disables people from taking advantage of a stat for a short period of time and berserking, i.e. a DA whore changing to orcs to use his 50k stored up turns on massing/slaying)
3. unlike resetting, weapons technology, troops, and upgrades are not reset when switching races.

What we stand to gain:
-Exploration of strategies with built accounts to see if we enjoy the tactic/bonuses.
-Like I said enable Rocco to change bonuses without griping of main accounts suddenly getting shorted. OR appeasing gripers for various reasons (humans bonus sucks, elves dont die, blah, blah blah)

fistsofthor
14th December 2009, 01:21 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering if admins would like to enact an option that would allow admins to change race bonuses without the griping of people who felt like they were getting ripped off. Im assuming that atleast one time in this beta admins will consider changing the bonuses to see how the gameplay changes. My idea is to enable people to change their race 2x during this beta.

heres the specifications:
1. You may not change your race during the last week of the beta to bring about end to a war or something drastic due to the stat bonus. i.e. TGF couldn't change to elves suddenly because he was getting massed down.
2. With Spec #1 in mind, players will effectively put their account into vacation mode for 1 hour (or whatever you feel is appropriate) when switching races (this disables people from taking advantage of a stat for a short period of time and berserking, i.e. a DA whore changing to orcs to use his 50k stored up turns on massing/slaying)
3. unlike resetting, weapons technology, troops, and upgrades are not reset when switching races.

What we stand to gain:
-Exploration of strategies with built accounts to see if we enjoy the tactic/bonuses.
-Like I said enable Rocco to change bonuses without griping of main accounts suddenly getting shorted. OR appeasing gripers for various reasons (humans bonus sucks, elves dont die, blah, blah blah)
how would you possibly know why someone wanted to switch races?

As for race bonusses changing mid age, that might be nice if suddenly elves gets a giant SA bonus to rival the orcs, and a sentry bonus to rival the undead. (might make them a little more popular you know?)

cowboy_from_hell
19th December 2009, 06:37 PM
We used to have a beta where you could switch races, but ypu only kept weapons that were the same for each race I think. Seeing it's a beta, I guess they could allow this, but don't really think it's needed

Mudvayne
20th December 2009, 09:25 AM
It would be nice to do this. I'm orcs at the moment and would like to use undead a little without reseting to see how much (if any) I would lose in slaying.

colleca
25th December 2009, 12:45 AM
It would be nice to do this. I'm orcs at the moment and would like to use undead a little without reseting to see how much (if any) I would lose in slaying.

yep this is exactly kind of thing am talking about

Rasputin
25th December 2009, 02:09 AM
also it would give admins a chance to add bonuses to races that simply can't hold their own anymore. i've been elves since age 1 and they used to be quite the pain in the arse to much of KoC. but lately every other race is 100 times better with bonuses. it would give elves a chance to switch around in a "test" environment to see new changes and try new strategies, without the worry of losing their hard earned account