PDA

View Full Version : Technology

Rocco
9th December 2009, 10:26 PM
In Training, you may research Technology. Discovering different technologies makes your military stronger. This includes SA, DA, and both covert ratings.

Also:

In the past few days we've reset Economy levels twice. We're getting closer to finding good balances, and will try not to make such drastic changes in the future. That said, it's a Beta, so thanks for your patience and keep remembering to have fun!

Initial Gold/Turns/Experience values are now closer to what they will be at the beginning of Age 13. So still feel free to hit that reset button, but you'll now start out with less.

fistsofthor
9th December 2009, 10:41 PM
In Training, you may research Technology. Discovering different technologies makes your military stronger. This includes SA, DA, and both covert ratings.

Also:

In the past few days we've reset Economy levels twice. We're getting closer to finding good balances, and will try not to make such drastic changes in the future. That said, it's a Beta, so thanks for your patience and keep remembering to have fun!

Initial Gold/Turns/Experience values are now closer to what they will be at the beginning of Age 13. So still feel free to hit that reset button, but you'll now start out with less.

Ok, so economy will not get reset every day?

Because i was starting to think it was as a way of encouraging players to constantly spend their turns (and of course, because it went up and up to higher TBGs so very fast.

xshintenshix
9th December 2009, 10:48 PM
its a really good change; and good job Rocco, you got rid of the 50 mil sniping problem well ;].

I also like the new 1 man 1 gold TBG, those dedicated KoC players who still wish to have fun with their other friends inchain, but just don't have that much time to click, can still attain decent rankings.

Lone players are now in a distinct advantageous position, which I think is great!
Of course. alliances with head accounts to shovel morale to will always exist, but now the guy with 30k soldiers wont have such a huge advantage over the guy with 3k TFF.
*albeit a small one*
Personally, i quite like this change, as i don't have much time to click ;D

Ferrous
9th December 2009, 11:58 PM
Has anyone been able to know what the technologies are??
and how big a matter are they going to make??

and also smaller accounts who use attack turns a lot
wont be able to go on Conquests a lot, so wont these
Technologies benifit the bigger accounts more,
who can go on a conquest spree, using all their turns for
gaining max EXPERIENCE??

Seneca
10th December 2009, 07:58 AM
i cannot find the technology thing. maybe its in our armory?

lol seriously, you could click 'armory' and check yourself? the days where checking your armory would make you cry are over for now remember.

Also, lol @ people posting big accounts can go on slaying sprees, cause actually big accounts have way less targets (less ppl with more TFF) and thus it's hard for them to slay anything. Hence why we've got conquest, even though it costs more in repairs than the gold you gain, it's a good way for big TFFs to use turns

LordCounter
10th December 2009, 08:39 AM
Ok. so the next step is removing the extra 50mils ppl been taking? kinda unfair competition like this now that you've lowered the starting gold.

Kegger
10th December 2009, 09:00 AM
Ok. so the next step is removing the extra 50mils ppl been taking? kinda unfair competition like this now that you've lowered the starting gold.

its beta. Rocco stated at the beginning of the age, the reason for the 50 million starting was to get the age started a lot more quickly. In age 13 there won't be so much starting gold. I don't see the point in removing the gold that is already in place as its just meant to allow people to test out. plus its beta.

fistsofthor
10th December 2009, 10:06 AM

this is why beta ages are not recorded. beta rankings are meaningless. they are just for fun. it really doesn't matter if there was an option to click where you could say:
give me infinite gold, infinite armory, and unlimited turns.

That really would not matter. Why? cause it is a beta!!!

I guess my point is that I am not to worried about people messing around during a beta age.

powdered_donuts
10th December 2009, 10:58 AM
In the past few days we've reset Economy levels twice[/B]

haha, 3 times, the first time it costed turns, not xp, the second two times it costed xp

fistsofthor
10th December 2009, 11:24 AM
haha, 3 times, the first time it costed turns, not xp, the second two times it costed xp

yeah, i thought it was going to become an everyday thing.

LordCounter
10th December 2009, 03:16 PM
this is why beta ages are not recorded. beta rankings are meaningless. they are just for fun. it really doesn't matter if there was an option to click where you could say:
give me infinite gold, infinite armory, and unlimited turns.

That really would not matter. Why? cause it is a beta!!!

I guess my point is that I am not to worried about people messing around during a beta age.

Ok so you are gonna sit around for a month testing stuff out. that takes about 5 mins a day, the other hour(s) id like to spend playing koc
just cause its a beta i can still have fun lol, dont want ppl to have a head start of +1bil gold at the start dammit. and first few weeks of the age are always best

plasticsheep
10th December 2009, 04:11 PM
You have researched Spear!

Just bought the first level of Technology - it increased all my stats by 20% and costed 300 Experience.

BillyCrack
10th December 2009, 04:18 PM
Just bought the first level of Technology - it increased all my stats by 20% and costed 300 Experience.

Edit:

Current Technologies
Wheel (x 1.9 strength) <--- New multiply
Copper (x 1.8 strength) <--- New multiply
Domestication
Pottery
Oven
Fire
Spear

XD

muffe
10th December 2009, 04:19 PM
where can i find the tecnology?

BillyCrack
10th December 2009, 04:19 PM
where can i find the tecnology?

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/train.php

The bad thing about this is that i might lose my rank 11 :(

plasticsheep
10th December 2009, 04:23 PM
Writing (x 4.29981696)

Is the highest I've seen to so far - not sure whether its wise to keep upgrading considering Economy was reset twice in quick succession after its introduction... Ah well its a beta age.

muffe
10th December 2009, 04:23 PM
lol. that was sick. up to pottery gave me a doubled increase in strike action.

muffe
10th December 2009, 04:24 PM
haha. i will seriously start crying if rocco restarts this now.
yes, you heard me. cry.

plasticsheep
10th December 2009, 04:27 PM
Wheel (x 3.6 strength)
Copper (x 3 strength)
Domestication
Pottery (x 2.1 strength)
Oven
Fire
Spear (x 1.2 strength)

Is what I remember from upgrading - anyone got any higher?

muffe
10th December 2009, 04:32 PM
doubt someone would have more than 5 000 xp saved up at this point.

Shane-
10th December 2009, 04:33 PM

Sadly, I did

Ironworking (x 5.6 strength)
???
[1:09:40:am] <@Hostile|afk> Furnace (x 5.1 strength) (Next is: 3,230 exp)
[1:09:40:am] <@Hostile|afk> Forum
[1:09:40:am] <@Hostile|afk> Masonry
[12:12:30:am] <~iPot> Sailing (x 3.8 strength) ( <~iPot> Next one costs 2120 exp lol )
[12:12:30:am] <~iPot> Salt
[12:12:30:am] <~iPot> Archery
Woodworking (x 2.9 strength)
Irrigation
Bronze
Writing
Wheel
Copper
Domestication
Pottery
Oven
Fire Fire
Spear

Shane

Edit: To muffe - About 6k in total,
And, If anyone has a multiply that I'm missing, feel free to post

Edit again:
Multiplys changed.

muffe
10th December 2009, 04:40 PM
my bet is 20 levels of tech.

and i hope for your sake shane that they wont rs the upgrade.
how much xp did you have to use to get that far?

BillyCrack
10th December 2009, 04:46 PM
looks like this helped DL

Dragons Legacy Dragons_Legacy 91,599 Dwarves ??? Gold 1

and me too :P

Highest Rank 7 / 10 minutes ago

muffe
10th December 2009, 05:06 PM
i think the upgrades just got adjusted. i went from 20 m till 14 mill in about 10 min.

how much of the quests,tech and economy will be there in age 13?
is this just suggestions to the game?

RoyalTheory
10th December 2009, 06:56 PM

I have almost 10k that Im ready to waste if Tech doesnt get reset. Il using it tommorow after work if it hasnt been reset.

BillyCrack
10th December 2009, 07:42 PM
It haven't reseted, Rocco just changed the multiply..

I was rank 6 three hours ago and now rank 15 :P... Well atleast I sill in top 20 :P

fistsofthor
10th December 2009, 08:31 PM
well, at present each technology is 10% more off the base multiplier.
so, 1.1 then 1.2 then 1.3 and so on...

hockey56
11th December 2009, 12:41 AM
I'm at level 19 and I can still upgrade, too bad I ran out of turns and exp.

Library (x 6.1 strength) is where I'm at.

Btw, the amount it adds each upgrade increases as you go up.

This is the list below mine.

Ironworking
Furnace
Forum
Masonry
Sailing
Salt
Archery
Woodworking
Irrigation
Bronze
Writing
Wheel
Copper
Domestication
Pottery
Oven
Fire
Spear

powdered_donuts
11th December 2009, 01:19 AM
nifty idea for more to effect the game and all, but i see 1 small problem:

Strike Action: ???
Defensive Action 786,935,699
Spy Rating 1,768
Sentry Rating 27,688,872

how much would you think a person could sab off that?

Your spies successfully enter FrostBite's armory undetected, and destroy 3 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp. :)

yea, that's not right :/

however this is going to bring another option to rank hiding in the real age, take a quick peek at tgf:

Strike Action: 4,690,947
Defensive Action 87,156,525
Spy Rating 2,300,928
Sentry Rating 52,241,613

Attack Turns: 4,255

Your spies successfully enter TheGodFather_LaCN's armory undetected, and destroy 2 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp. :) had to sab him before he started increasing his sentry with the multiplying upgrades to technology

Seneca
11th December 2009, 02:39 AM
I'm at level 19 and I can still upgrade, too bad I ran out of turns and exp.

Library (x 6.1 strength) is where I'm at.

Btw, the amount it adds each upgrade increases as you go up.

This is the list below mine.

Ironworking
Furnace
Forum
Masonry
Sailing
Salt
Archery
Woodworking
Irrigation
Bronze
Writing
Wheel
Copper
Domestication
Pottery
Oven
Fire
Spear

If rocco resets now you're screwed lol, good to know it goes up insanely high though

Taures
11th December 2009, 04:04 AM
Current Technologies Research Complete
Medicine (x 6.7 strength)
Library
Ironworking
Furnace
Forum
Masonry
Sailing
Salt
Archery
Woodworking
Irrigation
Bronze
Writing
Wheel
Copper
Domestication
Pottery
Oven
Fire
Spear

Thats it!!!!

xshintenshix
11th December 2009, 05:38 AM
Agreed with Seneca, haha.

Thanks Shane and the rest for giving me an initial idea of tech tree and Taures for finishing it.

Just pray rocco doesnt decide to spite you eh? :P

well, looking forward to teching, technology was a really good idea rocco, well done ;D

Agent47
11th December 2009, 05:59 AM
that is outrageous..
Taures wins the race...GR8 work mate..

Pj-
11th December 2009, 07:30 AM
yup, just hoping it doesn't reset is all we could do lol

LordCounter
11th December 2009, 07:39 AM
ive to say im really excited about this technology thing, it brings some more skill into the game. it would be a great tactic to up your billions stats at the last day of the age by upgrading you technology, instead of using it the first few days, which is tempting too :p

i hope this one stays in age 13

Fail_Monster
11th December 2009, 10:37 AM
holy crap, I was wondering why my rank went from 150 to 500 in one day :p

powdered_donuts
11th December 2009, 10:43 AM
holy crap, I was wondering why my rank went from 150 to 500 in one day :p

haha, i had the same thought when i came home from work, like how in the hell did i loose seventy some rank points in both strike and spy in 12 hours? :/

jog1
11th December 2009, 11:39 AM
I have to say this is the single thing I like from the Beta.

Bring everything back like it was before and add this. Most people will probably be happy.

Oh and make sure we can't see what someone else has on a recon!

Seneca
11th December 2009, 04:41 PM
Imo this is still way overpowered and the % should be way lower.

Barren
11th December 2009, 04:46 PM
The only problem is that slayers wont be able to stay up with the da whores in the real age. All the big SA accounts right now are way ahead of the DA whores due to the fact that they kept taking 50 million from the smaller players and everyone also got like 3x as many turns as people start with now (or atleast last i checked i was getting 3x more then what ppl now start with, that may have changed). But that wont be the case in the real age. If slayers decide to attack people for gold then they get a bit of experience. Meanwhile the people who are DA whores can get 5x the experience of the slayer by just doing conquests. They then can get many more technology techs then the slayer. Any half active DA whore should be able to stay ahead of the slayers now.

SA whores either have to use their turns for conquests and as a result not be able to attack many regular accounts or they can just live with farming the smaller less active players and/or other SA whores.

There will be less sabbing in general due to people doing conquests and what not :P. And if the sabber doesnt do conquests then chances they wont be in range of many of the accounts they want to sab...

I could be wrong but yeah thats what I think may happen...

jog1
11th December 2009, 05:22 PM
good point Barren.

Thats why I was saying admins shouldn't have given 50mil to start with. We need to test what it would be like in a real age...

ThomasA
11th December 2009, 06:28 PM
You would only be able to test what its like at the start of a real age then, before accounts have had time to develop and get more involved in the game mechanics.

I dont think people want to play beta the length of a real age.

RoyalTheory
11th December 2009, 06:54 PM
The only problem is that slayers wont be able to stay up with the da whores in the real age. All the big SA accounts right now are way ahead of the DA whores due to the fact that they kept taking 50 million from the smaller players and everyone also got like 3x as many turns as people start with now (or atleast last i checked i was getting 3x more then what ppl now start with, that may have changed). But that wont be the case in the real age. If slayers decide to attack people for gold then they get a bit of experience. Meanwhile the people who are DA whores can get 5x the experience of the slayer by just doing conquests. They then can get many more technology techs then the slayer. Any half active DA whore should be able to stay ahead of the slayers now.

SA whores either have to use their turns for conquests and as a result not be able to attack many regular accounts or they can just live with farming the smaller less active players and/or other SA whores.

There will be less sabbing in general due to people doing conquests and what not :P. And if the sabber doesnt do conquests then chances they wont be in range of many of the accounts they want to sab...

I could be wrong but yeah thats what I think may happen...

You only need so much exp.

Its not like youre going to be doing conquests all age.

Barren
11th December 2009, 07:21 PM
yeah but sometimes in order to farm someone all age with a larger tff then you, you need to get ahead of their DA quickly and then stay ahead of them all age, or they will pull out of ur range.

If you get all the tech upgrades and then try to slay then it will be hard to catch up to the DA whores... Since you are going all offense to that point ur defense sucks and youll get attacked alot. If you dont go all offense and then try to go all offense later, chances are you wont catch the people you previously would have been able to farm in past ages like normal slayers could :P. OR you could try to slay and slowly get ur tech upgrades compared to others who get it 5x quicker. This obviously leads to u hitting smaller/inactive players who cant pull their da out of ur sa range. So youll be getting less gold everyhit which isnt good.

Again im speculating and could be wrong but i dunno it always seemed that those slayers who could hit the top ranks at the end of the age were the ones who were hitting them at the beginning of the age :P.

powdered_donuts
12th December 2009, 01:50 AM
yeah but sometimes in order to farm someone all age with a larger tff then you, you need to get ahead of their DA quickly and then stay ahead of them all age, or they will pull out of ur range.

If you get all the tech upgrades and then try to slay then it will be hard to catch up to the DA whores... Since you are going all offense to that point ur defense sucks and youll get attacked alot. If you dont go all offense and then try to go all offense later, chances are you wont catch the people you previously would have been able to farm in past ages like normal slayers could :P. OR you could try to slay and slowly get ur tech upgrades compared to others who get it 5x quicker. This obviously leads to u hitting smaller/inactive players who cant pull their da out of ur sa range. So youll be getting less gold everyhit which isnt good.

Again im speculating and could be wrong but i dunno it always seemed that those slayers who could hit the top ranks at the end of the age were the ones who were hitting them at the beginning of the age :P.

it seems to me the best way to go about next age is go complete defense right away, so that you can use those turns to get xp, when you get to a certian point where you dont need much more xp save up some turns, bank gold, and than sell all that defense into spy and strike to go slayer, your obviously not guna keep up with the mains if you aren't one, so there's no point in trying that, but if you click enough you can keep up with some crazy clickers who dont have much for officers :)

Barren
12th December 2009, 02:57 AM
papermario and snolly farmed quite a few big ppl last age. So it is possible to farm some of the top ranks. Ofc not rank 1 or 2 and maybe 3 but usually others are open game to atleast one big slayer.

Selling your defense makes you lose 1/4 of its value. Then you want to sell it into both SA and spy... that may not leave you with enough sa compared to the defense of others of your size... and if it does then ur still gonna get farmed since u have no more DA and more then likely a decent tbg after getting the economy upgrades and what not :P.

Seneca
12th December 2009, 01:49 PM
papermario and snolly farmed quite a few big ppl last age. So it is possible to farm some of the top ranks. Ofc not rank 1 or 2 and maybe 3 but usually others are open game to atleast one big slayer.

Selling your defense makes you lose 1/4 of its value. Then you want to sell it into both SA and spy... that may not leave you with enough sa compared to the defense of others of your size... and if it does then ur still gonna get farmed since u have no more DA and more then likely a decent tbg after getting the economy upgrades and what not :P.

Basically everyone was getting hit except DL, Baigo, FunnyBone, TGF if I remember correctly. That's not saying the others all held gold, but yes, farming top ranks is going to happen.

Anyway, it seems they added a counter to how often you did a conquest, not sure what's the use of that.. but hey

Santa87
12th December 2009, 04:16 PM
An idea would be to increase amount of Exp gained from slaying, to be proporsional to going on conquests, ot decrease exp gained from conquests proporsional to attacking, since when it cost 6 times as many turns to attack with full strike, you should get 6 times the amount of exp. Maybe im a little slow, but I just can't see why the DA whores, should get the advantage(in the beginning only ofcourse) of being able to tech and echonomize faster.

Could it be, because DA whores already is worse off than a slayer, due to being less expensive to buy SA than DA(upgrades which cost the same, gives a greater pct to SA)? or is there some other reason, i just havent discovered?

Seneca
12th December 2009, 05:38 PM
Exp gained from Conquests just got owned.

dohh
12th December 2009, 05:42 PM
19:42 ~Rocco • Conquests that you have done many times now give you less experience

muffe
12th December 2009, 10:04 PM
seriously, this is screwed up since normal accounts cant compare to the big ones. and taking away the xp from quests that has been repeted to many times will only benefit the big ones that can afford to get one bill in strike action. and thereby getting to the highest stages of quests.

lol, where the hell can i get one bill to fight gnomes?

Seneca
13th December 2009, 12:53 AM
seriously, this is screwed up since normal accounts cant compare to the big ones. and taking away the xp from quests that has been repeted to many times will only benefit the big ones that can afford to get one bill in strike action. and thereby getting to the highest stages of quests.

lol, where the hell can i get one bill to fight gnomes?

This makes only a small difference... it's only ten times that the big accounts can hit extra. And you can use your turns to slay, big accounts can't so they're now stuck wasting their turns on low exp conquests, or wasting their turns by reconning /yay

jog1
13th December 2009, 12:12 PM
I like the fact conquest gives less EXP after some time. Of course it's too late in the beta since all big accounts already have abused it, but it's a beta so we don't care.

Ricky91
13th December 2009, 12:18 PM
Im sorry to say but this update is woeful, it has been thrown into the game just to give more purpose for the experience.

Convert skill, Fortication and Siege Technology all served the correct purpose of increasing there respectable ratings, why the hell were they not just altered to fit the current scheme of mass clicking, higher incomes etc (hinting at increasing the cost of upgrades)

I am someone who clicks a reasonable amount, but I also attack to the extent that my turns are dry. Im not some mass clicking player who choses dwarfs to bank onto defense for an entire age, so whats my problem?

People are achieving 70m spy ratings with 5 Nuns and 5k convert opts. I am more than willing to provide screen shots of this garbage if you acknowledge that it is a crap update which either needs changing alot or scrapped.

jog1
13th December 2009, 12:22 PM
It only multiplies the stats, nothing really changes in the game actually exept you need to upgrade it at the right time.

Now I'd like the % to be reduced so we don't have stats like

SA 12,000,000,000,000 at the end of an age lol

Nasser
13th December 2009, 12:25 PM
I also don't see the use of these changes , the system was ok without economy , tech , exp , conquest things ... why adding stuff that will only make game more complex ?
KoC has drifted away from its simplicity which was the good thing.

Ricky91
13th December 2009, 12:40 PM
It either has to go, or the amount of EXP per attack reduced dramatically to make it more of a progressive thing or as jog1 said change the %.

I don't necessarily think the simplicity has gone, but it is frustrating to see these updates when so much more could have been done with current features of the game. More could be done with how soilders are trained and how they effect stats, the cost and influence of Convert/Fort/Siege is a definite aspect of the game which could have been improved, turns could be changed for the better again etc.

I actually believe the 'Economy' gives players another option on how to play the game and is therefore good, but the technology is way out in my opinion.

I know it is only BETA but giving 'Economy' was changed many times to perfect it, and the technology has barley changed at all, it is concerning that Rocco thinks it is a good aspect of the game, I disagree.

fistsofthor
13th December 2009, 12:56 PM
I also don't see the use of these changes , the system was ok without economy , tech , exp , conquest things ... why adding stuff that will only make game more complex ?
KoC has drifted away from its simplicity which was the good thing.

at the same time, if we didnt change, the game was going to collapse. so, this seems like a desperate, perhaps to late, attempt by the admins to add something new into koc. We shall see how it plays out. It should be interesting to say the least. perhaps if someone could remember all of their friends who used to play it and convinced them to play...

I mean, I know there is at least one ckid at my college who used to play koc. but, i dont really feel like convincing him to join as all that would happen is that if i managed to recruit him, the fact that we are at the same college would not be good as the college may have the same ip (or not, idk).

Nasser
13th December 2009, 01:52 PM
at the same time, if we didnt change, the game was going to collapse.

The game was collapsing because of the bad changes age after age , so don't say if we didn't have changes the game is gonna collapse , there have always been changes - but them being always to the worse is what killed the game. And age after age , admins only please 1 part of game style which are the rankers , this is whats making the game collapse.

fistsofthor
13th December 2009, 02:37 PM
The game was collapsing because of the bad changes age after age , so don't say if we didn't have changes the game is gonna collapse , there have always been changes - but them being always to the worse is what killed the game. And age after age , admins only please 1 part of game style which are the rankers , this is whats making the game collapse.

and now they are no longer pleasing the rankers. Or, if they stuck to the 2% sabbable per day they wouldn't be.

anyways. it will be interesting to see how these changes turn out.

Nasser
13th December 2009, 02:46 PM
and now they are no longer pleasing the rankers. Or, if they stuck to the 2% sabbable per day they wouldn't be.

anyways. it will be interesting to see how these changes turn out.

The 2% was at the start:
# Limited the amount a player can be sabotaged per day

After that:
# Increased daily limit on sabotage against a target

So its no longer 2% , plus also limit on how much one can be sabbed per day doesn't only help sabbers , rankers less sabbed during wars too.

And how are they not pleasing the rankers? Sab turns IS pleasing the rankers , let alone it takes away from attack turns.
Conquest IS pleasing the rankers , since they get a way to use the turns , while slayers and sabbers who hardly catches up with rankers range have to do conquest from their slaying/sabbing turns lol , less to sab and slay , easier for rankers to outgrow...
Pretty useless and unbalanced changes ... once again.

I know that these changes aren't keeping a place for slayers and sabbers , so I doubt any real slayer and sabber would play with these changes , unless the wannabe sabbers and slayers who benefits from lack of existence of this aspect to star as slayer/sabber.

fistsofthor
13th December 2009, 03:09 PM
The 2% was at the start:
# Limited the amount a player can be sabotaged per day

After that:
# Increased daily limit on sabotage against a target

So its no longer 2% , plus also limit on how much one can be sabbed per day doesn't only help sabbers , rankers less sabbed during wars too.

And how are they not pleasing the rankers? Sab turns IS pleasing the rankers , let alone it takes away from attack turns.
Conquest IS pleasing the rankers , since they get a way to use the turns , while slayers and sabbers who hardly catches up with rankers range have to do conquest from their slaying/sabbing turns lol , less to sab and slay , easier for rankers to outgrow...
Pretty useless and unbalanced changes ... once again.

I know that these changes aren't keeping a place for slayers and sabbers , so I doubt any real slayer and sabber would play with these changes , unless the wannabe sabbers and slayers who benefits from lack of existence of this aspect to star as slayer/sabber.

well, have you ever thought that the admins may have realized that rankers and wannabe other things are the only thing left in KoC, so they might want to go about pleasing them.

What would be fun was if:
successful sabbing of >50% max sab = 5x experience to game turns ratio given

attacks on larger player= 3x

recons= 1x

and, they already did the competitions dimish after a while. So, competitions cannot be used to raise someone up the the highest levels.

Nasser
13th December 2009, 03:13 PM
well, have you ever thought that the admins may have realized that rankers and wannabe other things are the only thing left in KoC, so they might want to go about pleasing them.

What would be fun was if:
successful sabbing of >50% max sab = 5x experience to game turns ratio given

attacks on larger player= 3x

recons= 1x

and, they already did the competitions dimish after a while. So, competitions cannot be used to raise someone up the the highest levels.

Admins and thought are pretty much contradicting words. Anyway,

They can please them rankers even more!
Let them go remove sabbing and attacking from the game , and leave it as a banking and clicking game.

fistsofthor
13th December 2009, 03:17 PM
Admins and thought are pretty much contradicting words. Anyway,

They can please them rankers even more!
Let them go remove sabbing and attacking from the game , and leave it as a banking and clicking game.

in order for the rankers to be happy, we must at least maintain the illusion that this is a game. Also, if we removed attacking, it would screw the rankers as they have no way of buying morale.

so, removing attacking would screw over many of the mains.

Nasser
13th December 2009, 03:20 PM
in order for the rankers to be happy, we must at least maintain the illusion that this is a game. Also, if we removed attacking, it would screw the rankers as they have no way of buying morale.

so, removing attacking would screw over many of the mains.

They can make a market for them rankers ! for morale/gold exchange ! you know coz the existence of attacking feature gives the slayers and sabbers a small light of hope that admins Must Not be giving it to us!

LordCounter
13th December 2009, 03:23 PM
we asked to balance the game. rocco came up with these extra features which makes it even harder to balance the game.

it would really work if rocco for once would just listen to us instead of raping his own game. the players who asked to balance have several thousands of hours into koc spread over the years, yet they are completely ignored. its just bs

even ruins of chaos, the ultimate, worthless crappy koc ripoff has become better than koc cause the admins listen to their players.
im deleting my account, i really dont give a shit anymore

fistsofthor
13th December 2009, 03:50 PM
we asked to balance the game. rocco came up with these extra features which makes it even harder to balance the game.

it would really work if rocco for once would just listen to us instead of raping his own game. the players who asked to balance have several thousands of hours into koc spread over the years, yet they are completely ignored. its just bs

even ruins of chaos, the ultimate, worthless crappy koc ripoff has become better than koc cause the admins listen to their players.
im deleting my account, i really dont give a shit anymore

if you do that, then the changes will just make the rankers overly happy. are you really going to chicken out like so many self-proclaimed hardcore sabbers who would "fight till the bitter end"?

Now is not the end. So roll up your sleeves and think for a moment. If you quit, the rankers win. Do you want the rankers to win? Do you want them to celebrate in the idea that all of those approvals for all of those ages finally got to you and forced you to give up? Do you want them to win???

LordCounter
13th December 2009, 04:00 PM
if you do that, then the changes will just make the rankers overly happy. are you really going to chicken out like so many self-proclaimed hardcore sabbers who would "fight till the bitter end"?

Now is not the end. So roll up your sleeves and think for a moment. If you quit, the rankers win. Do you want the rankers to win? Do you want them to celebrate in the idea that all of those approvals for all of those ages finally got to you and forced you to give up? Do you want them to win???

its been impossible for me to have a sabbers account for 3 ages now. i think thats more than enough time lol

dohh
14th December 2009, 12:13 AM
Technology doesn't make sense, just makes stats huge and becomes the most important thing to buy,

changing it to be a more customisable upgrade would be nice. I've noticed in my short time in RoC that occaisionally you get a point to add +1% bonus to one of your stats... that would be a neat upgrade idea for something like KoC, and make more sense then just boosting everything 6x.

fistsofthor
14th December 2009, 12:15 AM
its been impossible for me to have a sabbers account for 3 ages now. i think thats more than enough time lol

no it hasn't. The sabber has one real goal: to frustrate people. to be destructive and irritating. To make people angry. You have managed to do it. That does not speak to impossibility.

Seneca
14th December 2009, 12:37 AM
no it hasn't. The sabber has one real goal: to frustrate people. to be destructive and irritating. To make people angry. You have managed to do it. That does not speak to impossibility.

Well, he had to click like 15k to chain for one or two days.. then click again to sell morale. It's just sad a sabber has to play like that

BuGz
14th December 2009, 03:32 AM
Why does it show every previous level of technology you purchased underneath your current one?

Siege doesn't do this.
Fortifications doesn't do this.
Covert level doesn't do this.
Conscription doesn't do this.
Economy doesn't do this.

Seems kinda stupid to spam my page extra long to tell me what I had in the past :\

xshintenshix
14th December 2009, 07:54 AM
think logically lol.

If you have an oven, u first had a spear, its not like you lose one technology to attain another in real life yeah?

guess its realistic, shows all the technologies u have attained and kept.

Seneca
14th December 2009, 08:16 AM
think logically lol.

If you have an oven, u first had a spear, its not like you lose one technology to attain another in real life yeah?

Good thinking, but no real reason to make the training page huge :p

Gem-
14th December 2009, 12:46 PM
Good thought on that. Perhaps that will be changed as well before the age starts.

fistsofthor
14th December 2009, 09:27 PM
think logically lol.

yeah, and I assume that you do not throw away your citadel when you get a hand of god to protect you either. Also, I doubt you are unable to make up some flaming arrows when you get your cannons.

It does kind of clutter things up, although, come to think of it, its kind of nice to be able to see all of the past upgrades.

Seneca
14th December 2009, 11:20 PM
yeah, and I assume that you do not throw away your citadel when you get a hand of god to protect you either. Also, I doubt you are unable to make up some flaming arrows when you get your cannons.

It does kind of clutter things up, although, come to think of it, its kind of nice to be able to see all of the past upgrades.

You're not going to be using flaming arrows if you have Cannons... Lol. Also, why the f would you want a citadel if you've got God protecting you?
Do you also have your Camp inside your Citadel still?

Right..

Santa87
15th December 2009, 12:49 AM
good point, but you don't throw away your towers, just because you get battlements, and you don't cover up your moat, just because you get drawbridge... kinda takes away the advantage of the drawbridge, right?? ;).

BuGz
15th December 2009, 02:10 AM
good point, but you don't throw away your towers, just because you get battlements, and you don't cover up your moat, just because you get drawbridge... kinda takes away the advantage of the drawbridge, right?? ;).

I'm not sure why "Spear" is technology anyway seems more like a Siege thing, but yeah I didn't mean to spark a debate as to whether you KEEP the past technologies or not.

I'm just obsessive compulsive and it bothers me that the page is long that like :x

Bothers me to see it.

Seneca
15th December 2009, 08:20 AM

Lol, pwned me there.

Anyway, message is clear, don't screw up the training page whether it's logical or not :P