PDA

View Full Version : Banks?

Libertad
8th December 2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry if this was suggested already, but would an actual "bank" feature prevent people from cheating by selling off and having a main account get all the gold? Meaning if you sell your weapons, it goes into a bank feature which is NOT able to be stolen by anybody else.

Come to think of it, I don't think it would be that much of a pain to make this addition.. only make the bank for when you sell your own weapons, not to store gold that you make on hand or from attacks. And if it was used for that, i would recommend some sort of transaction fee, but selling the weapons already makes you lose a % of your gold as opposed to getting the more costly upgrades with gold on hand..

This would tone down some of the good attacks that people happen to catch, but I think it's worth eliminating the option for cheaters.

Please let me know what you all think of this!

fistsofthor
8th December 2009, 11:46 AM
I dislike it. Selling off is part of the game. And, the idea that we should take away fun on the off chance that someone might cheat is a bad idea. All that does is lead to no fun for anyone.

ThomasA
8th December 2009, 11:51 AM
I think this has been suggested b4 and people who like intercepting sells objected.

KyleCias
8th December 2009, 12:28 PM
NO NO for banks :)

saving account sounds like a plan with interest charges :P

Libertad
8th December 2009, 12:29 PM
In my opinion, the only people who would not like this are the cheaters themselves, or the people who are the "larger" accounts and get the sell-offs in a legit way. Alls I'm saying is that if selling off is part of the game, it should at least be less rigged. If somebody wants to cheat or get a sell-off from a lesser account in the most legit way possible, that "lesser" account should have to spend the turns and build up the gold. A little more of a risk for the cash, ya know?

fistsofthor
8th December 2009, 12:33 PM
In my opinion, the only people who would not like this are the cheaters themselves, or the people who are the "larger" accounts and get the sell-offs in a legit way. Alls I'm saying is that if selling off is part of the game, it should at least be less rigged. If somebody wants to cheat or get a sell-off from a lesser account in the most legit way possible, that "lesser" account should have to spend the turns and build up the gold. A little more of a risk for the cash, ya know?

The following people will not like this:
anyone who tries to catch sell offs
anyone who gets a sell off
anyone who wants to give a sell off
anyone who wants to buy click credits
anyone who wants to sell click credits
anyone who wants to hit players online when they sell their gold to buy upgrades
anyone who wants to be able to pass gold to an officer.
anyone who doesn't like the idea of people being able to completely avoid sabs by selling all of their weapons, and letting the gold sit in the bank forever, then surprising everyone with a "guess what, i didnt sell off" sab run.

So, that SHOULD represent the majority of RoC.

Sux0r
8th December 2009, 12:41 PM
learn to sell off properly and it wont happen to you.

ThomasA
8th December 2009, 12:44 PM
I do agree that sell catchers are an issue though that needs resolving.

Pauly_D
8th December 2009, 12:57 PM

good point, the question is how many people do we think are using sell catchers? (dont put names but how bad do people think it is)

Libertad, I do not see any advantage to your idea, when you sell to get an upgrade its a risk you take that no-one will steal your gold whilst selling.

snoop
8th December 2009, 01:56 PM
This thread has been discussed at length several times. The administration disagrees, and feels that the current implementation of sell, despite the weaknesses that some users feel it has, are actually necessary features in order to make the game continue to be fun and actually be a game. This and any future bank threads will be closed.

andyt683
8th December 2009, 02:46 PM

You'd be surprised how many "Omg sellcatcher!" claims are actually people that were simply slow or uncoordinated. Others make mistakes like I did, where half of the game was watching my account because I was burning turns.

The sell catcher problem is VASTLY overstated. I suspect we have maybe 3-4 accounts running them, with maybe only one or two being successful at it.

Tapchou
9th December 2009, 03:09 AM
I don't really think a bank will solve any problems at all, pretty much what FOT said, I agree with.

A bank will kill the game and the community for what it currently is, people want to sell-off gold to help their brand new officers who have just come to the game to get some decent armory and a couple UP upgrades to help start them off, some people have played for several weeks, no longer can and want to sell to someone they think deserve it so their hard work doesn't go to waste, sell-off power at the end of age makes people wonder who this age has worked out enough deals and strings to get the most sell-power, which makes the endings more fun when the sells get stolen, which is part of what the game is, in my opinion.

-

Like Andy said in the previous post, there aren't as many auto-programs being ran as people think. During the end of last age nearly every sell caught was automatically put down as an auto-attacker, when we looked through the various logs that we have, and some extended logs (path-trace) we set on the 'suspicious' accounts, we didn't find cheating, what we found was people using simple tricks within their browsers (favourites bar etc.).

Another example last night was someone came to me and said some dude has been blind-hitting people and has now used all their turns up and sold off, they asked me if it was a fake account, I checked the logs of the person who was accused and that person had bought a UP upgrade.