PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be repaired in the beta? bugs & exploits

vanit4s
5th December 2009, 07:18 PM
i m NOT talking about the new features here, but about bugs and exploits:

i have 2 remarks
* it is possible to attack resetting acounts for 50.000.000 over and over again , which gave major advantage in the beginning of the age.
* i was not able to activate my account running Windows XP, i was redirected to newage.php, with the buttons "join humans" (despite the fact i had logged in)...and those buttons did not work ( i tried IE and Firefox 3.5.5); i had to login on a windows vista/7 machine, which redirected me to the right page with the captcha and the button "start age"

Shane-
5th December 2009, 07:24 PM
* i was not able to activate my account running Windows XP, i was redirected to newage.php, with the buttons "join humans" (despite the fact i had logged in)...and those buttons did not work ( i tried IE and Firefox 3.5.5); i had to login on a windows vista/7 machine, which redirected me to the right page with the

I had this problem, It was an issue with their javascript, I had to activate using Google Chrome, If you have noscript/yesscript, etc, or an addblocker, add newage.php to exception list.

Shane

fistsofthor
5th December 2009, 10:32 PM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting ']' in /var/www/koc.com/game/inc/user_class.inc.php on line 1130

i get that when i try to load a page

c0bra
6th December 2009, 04:59 AM
i activated my account yesterday,
and this moring it was gone inactive : "you havent logged in for more than 2 weeks"

ThomasA
6th December 2009, 05:00 AM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting ']' in /var/www/koc.com/game/inc/user_class.inc.php on line 1130

i get that when i try to load a page

Thats usually when they are updating stuff

Pj-
6th December 2009, 05:04 AM
i activated my account yesterday,
and this moring it was gone inactive : "you havent logged in for more than 2 weeks"

had exactly the same, turns & gold back to normal
/sigh

Kamikaze_St0rm
6th December 2009, 01:20 PM
Logged in this morning, chunk of my Armory was gone, including the SINGLE IS and my FIVE BPMS along with 120 NUNs. And I KNOW 1 IS ISNT SABBABLE.
So what happened?

Rocco
6th December 2009, 01:26 PM
We rolled back some armories that made multiple hits from newly-reset accounts. Yours may have been one of them.

LordCounter
6th December 2009, 02:00 PM
We rolled back some armories that made multiple hits from newly-reset accounts. Yours may have been one of them.

can we get a guarantee that every player that is doing that will get his weps removed? cause it seems to be happening quite a bit.

fistsofthor
8th December 2009, 02:22 PM
rofl, how do i delete a post? I thought I had found a problem but when I looked it over turned out I was wrong.

You click edit in the corner of your post. then, in the lower right corner (between save and cancel) is the button that says delete. just click on it, and you can get your post deleted.

Also, i noticed that experience dropped to 0. was that a bug?

xshintenshix
8th December 2009, 09:24 PM
well, definately that 50 million starting gold, i reckon if you start with 50 mil, there should be like, a 30 minute spending limit, to prevent you just constantly resetting duplicate accounts/ or primary account to feed your chain etc.

after the 30 limit, gold not spent should be like, mowed down to 1 mil or something, so it prevents the scavengers from constant new account farming.

jog1
8th December 2009, 09:30 PM
We won't get this much gold in a real age.

BuGz
8th December 2009, 09:33 PM
well, definately that 50 million starting gold, i reckon if you start with 50 mil, there should be like, a 30 minute spending limit, to prevent you just constantly resetting duplicate accounts/ or primary account to feed your chain etc.

after the 30 limit, gold not spent should be like, mowed down to 1 mil or something, so it prevents the scavengers from constant new account farming.

In a real age you start with 50,000; not 50,000,000.

The 50mil is so you can test out new changes for the beta.

Keep in mind, this is a beta, not a real age.

fistsofthor
8th December 2009, 09:36 PM

1) this is a beta age or, if you will, a fake age. We simply have gold now so that everyone can test out the features. These rankings do not matter.

Players are playing this for funs, not in an attempt to rank.

2) there is already an hour cap before a new account can either attack or be attacked.

powdered_donuts
15th December 2009, 01:15 PM
This just happened to me a second ago which reminded me how annoying it is, it's been happening since last age. Once in a while I simply get booted. I click on training, or attack, or recon, whatever it be, and all of a sudden I'm logged out and needing to log back in. :/

BuGz
15th December 2009, 01:28 PM
This just happened to me a second ago which reminded me how annoying it is, it's been happening since last age. Once in a while I simply get booted. I click on training, or attack, or recon, whatever it be, and all of a sudden I'm logged out and needing to log back in. :/

Happens to me sometimes too. Sucks when it happens right after you hit somebody, or right after you sell some weapons to upgrade a technology, or during a sell, or any other time you're holding a lot more gold than you can hold.

AngelOfWildDog
15th December 2009, 09:02 PM
The sudden log out is supposed to help prevent cheaters.

The starting gold for accounts is already set at 50,000 for anyone who starts an account.

dohh
15th December 2009, 09:12 PM
The "sab cap" is definitely not working correctly.

Toytrain
15th December 2009, 09:19 PM
I have more of an addition idea. I think like Darkthrone, Kingsofchaos should have 'medals' or some equivalent showing how long the person has been playing. So long as they have been under that screename.

For example Darkthrone has Darkthrone Gold Edition Medals, and Beta Medals.

Just something cool the players can see to show how long they have been playing. It's not like a large number of players wouldnt value it, as a lot of people put that in their aa's anyway.

Another site that uses medals is Neopets, and personally I like them there. :)

TaraB3ar
15th December 2009, 09:22 PM
I like that idea of the medals, thats a nice way of recognizing the veterans of the game :)

Stormy-Nite
15th December 2009, 09:26 PM
I have more of an addition idea. I think like Darkthrone, Kingsofchaos should have 'medals' or some equivalent showing how long the person has been playing. So long as they have been under that screename.

Just something cool the players can see to show how long they have been playing. It's not like a large number of players wouldnt value it, as a lot of people put that in their aa's anyway.

Great idea- It'd be a great way of recognizing people who should be recognized- long term players, people who have, theoretically, learned a great deal and have something to share with future KOC'rs.

sully
15th December 2009, 09:26 PM
amazing idea :) luv it :D

AngelOfWildDog
15th December 2009, 09:31 PM
AA's were done away with before the end of Age 12 and may or may not be utilized again.

I started playing this game in Age 5 and personally do not feel that a medal is necessary and creates a difficulty in determining the cutoff for determining when a player merits the tag veteran or not especially when there are so many that take ages off and return to the game for a short time. Medals are an unnecessary complication.

Does Shane think the game would be better if he had a veteran medal on his command page or on the battlefield? Most people know who has been around for a while and those who don't can find out easy enough in irc or here on GUA or by sending ingame PM's to the top rankers on the battlefield. There is or was a thread on GUA for people to post in if they were veterans.

LOL.

fistsofthor
15th December 2009, 10:44 PM

We have something a lot like that: its called a stats id. the fewer digits in your stats id, the more of a veteran you are.

For example, rocco has a 2 digit stat id. His id is number 17. However, its harder to differentiate these later ages as fewer stats ids grow every age.

MFnBonsai
15th December 2009, 10:54 PM

Unfortunately it wouldn't work....

Reasons why would be that not everyone that has played for an extended prolonged period hasn't kept their original account.... As you know players up until a few ages ago were allowed to transfer their account or give it away to someone....

So how do you distinguish who has been around longer than someone else.... and then ofcourse if it got implemented then you would have players comming back that haven't played for umpteenth ages getting a medal because they played in Age 0 or Age 1 yet don't have any idea on gameplay but are seen as all knowingly because of a medal....

In a way it would be false advertising to a n00b that this guy/girl with a medal is better than someone else when infact they would really be no better than the n00b ;)

jog1
15th December 2009, 11:28 PM
When people start comparing KoC and Neopets, something is wrong. don't you have to be a girld and like 8 years old to play neopet?

AngelOfWildDog
16th December 2009, 04:47 AM
We have something a lot like that: its called a stats id. the fewer digits in your stats id, the more of a veteran you are.

For example, rocco has a 2 digit stat id. His id is number 17. However, its harder to differentiate these later ages as fewer stats ids grow every age.

The stats id would not work either. Many of us have just created a whole new identity rather than continue with the old one. Some players have had to create a new one because they ran into problems when trying to register for a new age. Some players were unable to use their original one because they were previously banned for some reason - some accounts are not unbanned for the start of a new age.

My stats id is from age 10 but I first played in age 5.

And, lolz, neopets and medals are a bit childish sounding :p
Are we going to have a KoC greeter passing out lollipops, next?
:whistilin:rofl:

center
17th December 2009, 02:36 AM
personally... i really don't think it MATTERS how long you have been playing the game.
either you " get it " ... or you don't.

if you " get it "... you remember the names of the other players that impress you.... one way or the other... and mark them accordingly.

while medals would be a nice distraction... and something else to shoot for....
i think the new changes in this beta.... and what MIGHT be in the new age....
thats a big enough change.

i like the new changes.... AND the new challenge....the #'s are crazy... but you have to view it as it's that way for everyone.

If you're reading this... chances are you love this game as much as the rest of us....
deal with the changes... adapt your strategy.... but above all else... DEAL WITH IT.

Seneca
17th December 2009, 03:26 AM
The stats id would not work either. Many of us have just created a whole new identity rather than continue with the old one. Some players have had to create a new one because they ran into problems when trying to register for a new age. Some players were unable to use their original one because they were previously banned for some reason - some accounts are not unbanned for the start of a new age.

What's wrong with lollipops

Lopina
17th December 2009, 11:14 AM
In the light of the recent changes in TBG (about 60% loss compared to age 12), I believe it should only be fair if the prices of training soldiers should be revised also.

My suggestion is to make training to SA and DA cost 1000 gold per soldier, and to Spy and Sentry 1500 gold per soldier.

Also, tweaking mercenaries' prices should come natural. My suggestions is that trained ones cost 2500, and untrained ones 2000 gold.

blazed420
17th December 2009, 11:16 AM
In the light of the recent changes in TBG (about 60% loss compared to age 12), I believe it should only be fair if the prices of training soldiers should be revised also.

My suggestion is to make training to SA and DA cost 1000 gold per soldier, and to Spy and Sentry 1500 gold per soldier.

Also, tweaking mercenaries' prices should come natural. My suggestions is that trained ones cost 2500, and untrained ones 2000 gold.

The TBG is basically the same as it was back Ages ago. People were able to train their soldiers fine and buy mercenaries without and price cut back then... why need it now? :)

fistsofthor
17th December 2009, 12:12 PM

well, if you cannot connect to your old account, then how in the world would the admins be expected to be able to identify who is an old player or not?

Rasputin
17th December 2009, 01:20 PM
or some of us with our age 7 ID that mods say they'd ban now :(
R.I.P fuk_u_pay_me :P

fistsofthor
17th December 2009, 02:17 PM
well, seeing as its a beta, im sure if you reopened your old account, and just let it sit there for a while and let the mods know they probably would just let your account sit their provided it was not an officer of your legit account.

Although, i created an account in the age 8 beta, and dug the old password for it out of my email-- wont open up.

Mudvayne
19th December 2009, 01:26 PM
One bug I noticed on thursday was that the ingame recruiter maxed out way too fast for me. I was clicking and I only got to around 2,000 morale then it said no one left to click. Thats just not right with almost 6k players and 5 clicks max.

ThomasA
19th December 2009, 02:15 PM
One bug I noticed on thursday was that the ingame recruiter maxed out way too fast for me. I was clicking and I only got to around 2,000 morale then it said no one left to click. Thats just not right with almost 6k players and 5 clicks max.

Which recruiter? the ingame the player needs above -200 morale to be on the click lists. The external ones need links to be added to their database.

jog1
19th December 2009, 03:36 PM
The PM all officers button still seems to be working for top10 officers...

Told rocco like 2 weeks ago...

powdered_donuts
24th December 2009, 12:26 AM
ummm, check this out:

Knife 2,192 4.95 / 5

nothing else in my armory is hurt because I repaired the rest:

repair all weapons for 480,499.48

repair for 166,592

sell for 596 a piece

It's trying to tell me that .01 point of a knife costs 160k to repair, i'm sellin my knives now because that's nuts