PDA

View Full Version : Well, they certainly changed KoC...

ArxSerpens
5th December 2009, 05:36 PM
So lets voice our opinions here.

Here's some of what we've done so far:

* Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful
* Limited the amount a player can be sabotaged per day
* Changed click trickle up to direct commander only
* Siege and fortification levels now increment by a percentage over their current multiplier, rather than incrementing by 25% or 33% over the base multiplier. This means higher level upgrades are much more important!
* Increased the casualty rate of covert troops
* Modified high-level weapon costs and strengths
* Show morales of your officers on command center
* Added option to send PMs to all direct officers without counting against your hourly message limit
* Show rank and other stats on alliance pages
* Removed ads on recruit page for faster clicking
* Changed frequency of security captchas
* And of course, race bonuses have been changed

1) * Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful
- What was the point in that? Wasnt there enough drama and bs last age over gold steals, now people can deliberately steal less? Lol

2) * Limited the amount a player can be sabotaged per day
- Ok, curious how much of your account you can loose daily now...

3) * Changed click trickle up to direct commander only
- Ok, seriously, what the hell is the point in this change? This destroys alliances, chains, and the whole reason most of us play the damned game. God knows I'd have quit years ago if not for the chains, and alliances Im with.. Now, there is no real reason for them to exist, unless we all go dictator style, and pile under a single account... WTF.

4) * Siege and fortification levels now increment by a percentage over their current multiplier, rather than incrementing by 25% or 33% over the base multiplier. This means higher level upgrades are much more important!
- Interesting, be fun to see how much this effects stats and weapon strengths.

5) * Increased the casualty rate of covert troops
- Well, that means we all get to click more once we have higher covert stats... Joy to the world, and google adsense. Lol

6) * Modified high-level weapon costs and strengths
- I suppose now people will be able to calculate so much easier, but really, I dont see much other point in this change... lol

7) * Show morales of your officers on command center
- Well, since they are the only ones whos morale matter to a player now, I suppose thats nice.

8) * Added option to send PMs to all direct officers without counting against your hourly message limit
- Fairly nice change, though we could have used the 'Commander/Officer notice' function to do messages to them. I know I used it that way lol.

9) * Show rank and other stats on alliance pages
- Havent really looked at this yet, still stuck on #3 myself... lol

10) * Removed ads on recruit page for faster clicking
- There were ad's on the recruit page? Never noticed, because noone uses the in game clicker. Lol

11) * Changed frequency of security captchas
- Since I have yet to see once since registering, w00t. Open the gates for auto-tools out the ying-yang. [/Sarcastic Enthusiasm]

12) * And of course, race bonuses have been changed
- Well, thats expected with new ages I suppose, though with IS and BPM costing the same and Orcs having a higher bonus, with stronger weapons, DA based players just got screwed. And elves still have way overpowered spy, at least in my opinion.

So, anyone else agree/disagree here?

I think the trickle change is the most major, and totally destroys alot of plans, alliances, and growth deals. But that's just in my opinion.

LordCounter
5th December 2009, 05:38 PM
just *sigh*

really thought this was gonna be better (again lol)

KrOniKle-^^
5th December 2009, 05:39 PM
Fail @ Trickle.. -,-

Ruined my whole plans for this age if any1 hopes to win it lol >_<

Pj-
5th December 2009, 05:39 PM
yup, trickle is shit, and I don't think this will help koc really lol
all the other stuff are pretty usefull updates imo

Nasser
5th December 2009, 05:41 PM
fukked up game it is like that...
wtf with all the turns? can't it be simpler ...
and the change in sab rules is just limiting how much someone can be sabbed per day?
and why should chariots be more cost-effective than bpms? following roc n00b style ?
and why 50 mils as a start ?
and why trickle to only commander?
coverts die more too?
all fukked up...

Alacron
5th December 2009, 05:41 PM
This age is destined to suck....

Seneca
5th December 2009, 05:42 PM
1) * Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful
- I think this is the reintroduction of 10x1 (or 5x1) which is a bad thing imo cause 10x1 already did so much damage, shouldn't make it easier.

2) * Limited the amount a player can be sabotaged per day
- Good, better for rankers and sabbers.

3) * Changed click trickle up to direct commander only
- Three words: WTF. This rapes the entire KoC concept.

4) * Siege and fortification levels now increment by a percentage over their current multiplier, rather than incrementing by 25% or 33% over the base multiplier. This means higher level upgrades are much more important!
- Why fix what ain't broken.

5) * Increased the casualty rate of covert troops
- No use in there.. really.

6) * Modified high-level weapon costs and strengths
- More expensive weapons for the win, less weapons needed now, but they're less efficient than the cheaper ones (for example dragonskin is better than IS now) which obviously sucks.

7) * Show morales of your officers on command center
- Guess that's okay.. no real use though.

8) * Added option to send PMs to all direct officers without counting against your hourly message limit
- That's okay.. not that much use though.

9) * Show rank and other stats on alliance pages
- Nice one.

10) * Removed ads on recruit page for faster clicking
- There were ad's on the recruit page? Never noticed, because noone uses the in game clicker. Lol <- this, and adblockers pwn them anyway, but, less adds is more /win

11) * Changed frequency of security captchas
- Don't agree with Sadi there. The captcha's were really annoying and there are programs on the internet using which they're easy to crack. Thus, captcha's annoy legit players and are no obstacle for cheating (we saw the sellcatchers last age..)

12) * And of course, race bonuses have been changed
- Not too bad, except Humans really need to get better.. still. Just give a higher TBG bonus again.

zeshan
5th December 2009, 05:43 PM
Trickle change - SUCKS big time

Turns - BAD change imo. BEst would be to go back to 12 turns for full gold hit.

SabbingfromAustralia
5th December 2009, 05:44 PM
I dislike these changes.
Bring normal trickle back, but maybe limit it to 4th or 5th layer down.
As for turns - why? Just why....

Beddow
5th December 2009, 05:45 PM
I hope you people realise this is only a beta not an actual age

Seneca
I dislike these changes.
Bring normal trickle back, but maybe limit it to 4th or 5th layer down.
As for turns - why? Just why....

It was like that

Also, I'd like to add that using turns for sabbing isn't all too bad as long as it's cheap (like maybe sab 10-15 missions for one attack)

Nasser
I hope you people realise this is only a beta not an actual age

I hope you realize that an apple can come up with better ideas for changes than those.

LordCounter
5th December 2009, 05:46 PM
I hope you realize that an apple can come up with better ideas for changes than those.

exactly

lets just boycot this beta

SabbingfromAustralia
5th December 2009, 05:46 PM
it was? Oh ok.
Well, this isn't looking like some brilliant rejuvenation of KoC just yet.
and nasser, apples might be able to - oranges, definitely not.

Nasser
5th December 2009, 05:49 PM
-=01:48:58=- <&LordCounter> the whole new age excitement just died

Quote for truth. lol

ArxSerpens
5th December 2009, 05:50 PM
@ Beddow - Yeah, this is a beta
And what happens to changes in a beta? They transfer over to real ages, unless people complain because the changes suck. So, we complain, until the game goes a way the majority of players want. And a percentage still quit, thus why the koc player base shrinks every damned age. Lol

Growth used to go up 5 levels
1 - 100%
2 - 50%
3 - 25%
4 - 12.5%
5 - 6.25%

Now we have:
1 - 100%
2 - 50%
3 - 0%

Attacks used to take 15 turns for a full gold steal, with 1 turn every 30 minutes, totalling 3 full gold hits daily, and 3 'probes'. The admins changed that to the 1 turn = gold hit, 8 turns a day, giving 2.7x more gold stealing ability to players. Now...Its a joke.

SabbingfromAustralia
5th December 2009, 05:51 PM
agreed. I remember when there were 120k players - look at it now! beddow, user feedback is what runs this game - even if they dont listen to it.

lostmetallica
5th December 2009, 05:51 PM
* Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful

I'm curious to see how this works actually, I miss the ages of no turns and only 10 (11) sabs a day, ahhh the slayer's dream.

Depends how this works out, I don't like the fact that a well balanced account can lose more than a friggin rogue.

This is just KoC death, and after this many ages and Betas, this is just silly. No one plays KoC for the game any more, they play it for the alliance and the chain which this kills. At least under the old system you could have officers without really hurting your alliances main account, now we all have to offer up our officers to main or screw the alliance. And our happy little TFE chain, made up of so many forgotten little chains in such a harmonious way it boggles the mind, is screwed. :faintthud

* Siege and fortification levels now increment by a percentage over their current multiplier, rather than incrementing by 25% or 33% over the base multiplier. This means higher level upgrades are much more important!

Now this sounds kinda fun, I'm not sure what it will do besides make stats bigger, but this one is okay.

Well this is good to disadvantage rogues, but ouch is this gonna hurt for regular attacks too. Not really for or against this change.

Not sure this was worth the effort but don't care either way.

* Show morales of your officers on command center

Sweet.

* Added option to send PMs to all direct officers without counting against your hourly message limit

I wouldn't know, I've never been a big officer havin kinda guy :P

This is pretty nice, lets us see why we're ranked however we're ranked.

* Removed ads on recruit page for faster clicking

Never noticed.

YES! now this I thank you for like... a lot. Getting 3 captchas in 2 minutes was fun and all and my typing skills thank you for the tune up every 30 seconds or so but damn, enough is enough and it wasn't really making it MORE secure than just having one at login and right before turn.

Ow... you made dwarves happy for the first time in 12 ages then you took it away just like that. Ahhh the good Rocco giveth and the good rocco taketh away, poor hairy bastards.

My final analysis: I am so glad this is a beta and hope this gets better for the real age -.-'

Ricky91
5th December 2009, 05:52 PM
Welcome to the Age 13 Beta! We've made a few updates, but we'll continue to make changes as the beta goes on

I've heard of selective hearing, but selective reading?

Changes will be made to player preference over the age, get over it and stop complaining.

Kegger
5th December 2009, 05:53 PM
trickle loss.... destroys a lot of what people built up..... I forsee some major chain restructuring.

RoyalTheory
5th December 2009, 05:56 PM
People are exploiting stuff already.

Theres people who will have over 100mil SA tonight, reset farming. Since you can hit people directly after they reset people keep their tff down and farm people who resetting.

Its dumb, not much reason to play this beta age imo. If these new stuff stay I can only wonder if the people who own KoC actully care about the revenue they make cuz I can only see more people quiting if they keep this stuff.

I personally think the majority of stuff theyve down is making the game worse than it was.

ArxSerpens
5th December 2009, 05:58 PM
I've heard of selective hearing, but selective reading?

Changes will be made to player preference over the age, get over it and stop complaining.

Right...And how will the Admins found out peoples pref's? Oh right, read the damned forums. See the major opinions of people, the player base. Hrmmm, imagine that. Also, why bother complaining about people complaining, if you feel there is no need to complain? lol

And no, not selective reading, Obviously they wont just change everything day one and leave it, or there wouldnt be a beta at all. Again, we voice our opinions so they are heard.

Sventjuh130
5th December 2009, 05:59 PM
agreed. I remember when there were 120k players - look at it now! beddow, user feedback is what runs this game - even if they dont listen to it.

Multi's ftw :P

And regarding the changes.. Some good and some bad. By far the weirdest is the trickle change, like wtf?

Beddow
5th December 2009, 06:05 PM
This person has recently registered. Attack them later!

wtf is that shit

Ricky91
5th December 2009, 06:12 PM
Right...And how will the Admins found out peoples pref's? Oh right, read the damned forums. See the major opinions of people, the player base. Hrmmm, imagine that. Also, why bother complaining about people complaining, if you feel there is no need to complain? lol

And no, not selective reading, Obviously they wont just change everything day one and leave it, or there wouldnt be a beta at all. Again, we voice our opinions so they are heard.

I saw way too many threads and individual posts from last age complaining about the lack of admin involvement on the forums, im under the impression they will get more feedback from irc.

Personally don't see whats wrong with the updates but for the morale trickle which will have a negative impact due to alliances only able to hold 1 top competitive account.

RoHaLoVeR
5th December 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm ready to at least test the new stuff, except for the no trickle up, the trickle up is as important as clicking itself in my eyes, 1/2; 1/4; 1/8 is like a universal trickle up rule, nobody ever complained about it so why change it?

vanit4s
5th December 2009, 06:27 PM
People are exploiting stuff already.

Theres people who will have over 100mil SA tonight, reset farming. Since you can hit people directly after they reset people keep their tff down and farm people who resetting.

Its dumb, not much reason to play this beta age imo. If these new stuff stay I can only wonder if the people who own KoC actully care about the revenue they make cuz I can only see more people quiting if they keep this stuff.

I personally think the majority of stuff theyve down is making the game worse than it was.

yeah, the game is already out of balance because of that exploit..

fistsofthor
5th December 2009, 07:11 PM
I'm ready to at least test the new stuff, except for the no trickle up, the trickle up is as important as clicking itself in my eyes, 1/2; 1/4; 1/8 is like a universal trickle up rule, nobody ever complained about it so why change it?

Well, the new rules practically kills those long chains of alliances held together by growth deals. Although, I have to say that the exploitation of the reset farming was a little irritating. But, with the players holding 50 mil, how long will we have to wait?

I mean, I was hit 5 minutes after I registred (although not holding anywhere near 50 mil gold)

JDX
5th December 2009, 08:00 PM
Cry, it's a beta, it's only 2 months of your precious lives.

jog1
5th December 2009, 08:12 PM
Bring back trickle

Bring back old attack turns.

Take away sab turns.

And the worst of all 50mil to start???? what were you thinking it got abused sooo much it's not even funny.

fistsofthor
5th December 2009, 08:23 PM
Bring back trickle

Bring back old attack turns.

Take away sab turns.

And the worst of all 50mil to start???? what were you thinking it got abused sooo much it's not even funny.

Trickle seems fine. It gives the little guys a slightly better position.

speeritthorn
5th December 2009, 10:03 PM
Know what? I love betas. It shakes things up, and makes the whiney little bitches quit KOC for a while, and hopefully, realize they never wanna play again, and shove off.

I THANK the admins VERY much for one HELL of a beta. You heard me right. Good work, honestly. There are a few excellent ideas brought to the table here, to wrestle KOC out of the hands of the giants. All thats left is for the next "baigo" character to arise and find a niche' that makes him the newest KING of chaos.

Thank you, koc admins. I think you have heard enough bitching, so thank you for all the hard work.

Gad damn.

BillyCrack
5th December 2009, 10:16 PM
WTF is a "ride!"?

fistsofthor
5th December 2009, 10:36 PM
WTF is a "ride!"?

think about a rollercoster. basically it means that you are in for some suprises and hopefully some fun.

BloodBullet
6th December 2009, 03:48 AM
What I predicted.. instead of making good changes they only made it worse, the only good change made was changing the race bonuses, the rest is just changing details that won't make the game play better, nor worse lol

Lopina
6th December 2009, 04:57 AM
Agree with BB

Racials are OK

As for the rest, here's my opinion on it:
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1122/121181wtfpicard468x.jpg

FFS Rocco, cant you just pull out the old Age7 KoC back again

Pj-
6th December 2009, 05:30 AM
lol how about the tbg-change, that's the main fuckup imo
bankers don't hav gold to bank
slayres don't have gold to steal
= lose

Willis Ax
6th December 2009, 06:26 AM
lol how about the tbg-change, that's the main fuckup imo
bankers don't hav gold to bank
slayres don't have gold to steal
= lose

Granted they could have kept the TBG to what it was. Now though the up upgrades are MUCH less expensive and the max up had increased to god knows what. I have 2560 available as I type this. So maybe it's not all bad.

The funny thing is they give us a reason to not click after they remove the ads on that page. I sense some sneaky shit. >.>

Thunarvin
6th December 2009, 07:22 AM
No sense it putting it all in again so I'll just cut and paste what I posted on the TUE forums...

I definitely have some thoughts. Let;s take them on one at a time...

* You now get game turns once per minute. Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, research, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful

Aside from the silly raiding thing, I mostly like it. Drawing your sab turns and attack turns from the same pool should benefit those who only do one or the other. Serious slayers gain more attacks, and those who do nothing but spy and sab can use the turns they don't use for attacking there. Better than the separate spy/attack turn thing they tried a couple ages ago. Though actually knowing what each costs would give me a better idea of how good the setup is.

* Income is now given once per turn. Soldiers generate one gold per turn, covert troops generate no income.

I'm not a big fan of this one. This cut my gold production in half. A real hit to the clickers.

* You may now upgrade your economy. This increases your labor force and gives you a greater income

*shrug* The difference is really negligible as you increase your gold production. Though it could be a bit useful early on.

Again, not a fan. This limits an alliances effectiveness in war.

This is the worst of the bunch for me. If they want the social aspect of this game to remain, this has to go.

This may well be a good thing. It does make the usefulness of the upgrades go up as the cost of them does. I like the idea, and I suppose a beta is the place to see how it works out.

* Conscription (unit production) is cheaper and can be upgraded higher

I'm in the same boat, having already upgraded as much as I could with the startup gold. Again though, that's what betas are for. I like the idea though and it gets a thumbs up from me.

I really don't see the point of this move at all. Seems like a change made just to make another change.

These weapons are now only useful to those who want to keep as small a TFF as possible. The top tier weapons are now less cost effective than the second rate weapons. A very bad move in my opinion.

* Increased value of Dragon Claw so all races have a 3rd-tier attack weapon

OK. No opinion here at all.

* Increased maximum recons on a given target per day

No real opinion here either.

* Now show morale of your officers on command center
* Streamlined recruit page for faster clicking

I'm very happy with this whole group of changes. Useful tools and smart moves.

Have to wait and see how well balanced this makes things, but it doesn't look too bad at all.

And once someone let me know what the turn costs were...

So it takes 3 hours to gain an attack turn, a half hour for a raid, and 1 minute for a recon or sab. That needs serious tweaking, but could work out OK in the end. Then my opinion is modified a bit. A recon staying at 1 turn makes sense. Sabbing should be around the 15 turn range, and attacks should be more in the 150 neighborhood I think.

Lopina
6th December 2009, 07:23 AM
You now get game turns once per minute. Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, research, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful

By combining attack turns with recon turns and sab turns you have just put slayers in a shitty position. Fail #1.

Income is now given once per turn. Soldiers generate one gold per turn, covert troops generate no income.

An army of 10,000 soldiers and 10,000 coverts in Age 12 would generate 48,000,000 gold per day. In Age 13 Beta, same army generates 14,400,000 gold per day. So, approx 70% loss in gold on BF, depending on the soldiers:coverts ratio. This means you actually screwed low-tff slayers. Fail #2.

You may now upgrade your economy. This increases your labor force and gives you a greater income

I think commenting this is just a waste of words. Fail #3.

Limited the amount a player can be sabotaged per day

Fair enough. I'm just curious about the amount. Win #1.

Changed click trickle up to direct commander only

Although this should reduce the gap between players, a better implementation could have been done. For example, leave normal click trickle as it was, but reduce the artificial clickback trickle rate by some heavy %. Win #2, Fail #4.

Siege and fortification levels now increment by a percentage over their current multiplier, rather than incrementing by 25% or 33% over the base multiplier. This means higher level upgrades are much more important!

This is KoC, not SpeedWars FFS. Last age upgrades were just fine. Fail #5.

Conscription (unit production) is cheaper and can be upgraded higher

Good thing. Win #3.

Increased the casualty rate of covert troops

Good thing in general, although it has some bad sides. Win #4.

Modified high-level weapon costs and strengths

Good thing, finally a couple of smaller weapons can and should be more powerful than one big. Win #5.

Increased value of Dragon Claw so all races have a 3rd-tier attack weapon

Even though it's good thing, I think it doesn't have much impact.

Increased maximum recons on a given target per day

Great. If only recons didn't use game turns... Win #6.

Now show morale of your officers on command center

Cosmetic changes are irrelevant now.

Added option to send PMs to all direct officers without counting against your hourly message limit

Nice! Win #7.

Show rank and other stats on alliance pages

Almost cosmetic. No comment.

Streamlined recruit page for faster clicking

Still isn't fast enough. Fail #6.

Changed frequency of security captchas

Bad because auto-tools will start dominating. Fail #7.

And of course, race bonuses have been changed

Finally! Win #8.

cowboy_from_hell
6th December 2009, 07:25 AM
So far the game has a few changes I like, dislike and don't really care about :)

The things that NEED to change:
- Trickle. Bassicly like this you make alliances and deals ( which make up a fair part of the game ) useless.
- No TBG for Coverts. You have more Coverts killed in attacks, but yet they don't gain TBG and are expensive to train. Way to ruin small slayer accounts and Spy accounts. You are bassicly forced to grow big =/

Things that could use tweeking:
- Economy. Bassicly it's only worth to buy it if you have a shitload of turns and are not planning to use them. If you want this to be a feature in the game, make it worth it like UP.
- TBG in general. I sorta like the goldflow every minute, it's a change that was not really needed but atleast it took out the 4 turn gold steal which I'm really glad about. However 1 gold for soldiers and 0 won't work. Imo Coverts need to get atleast any form of income. A suggestion would be 3 Gold for Soldiers and 1 Gold for Coverts to even things out. UP seems pretty cheap for what you get. Now I don't know how high it get's, but I wouldn't recommend it going over like 2K a day, or you'll favor DA Whores even more.

ZAR
6th December 2009, 08:32 AM
I have stolen Lopinas formating, hope you donīt mind :D

I like the idea the game is heading too, some changes need some actual tweaking, but that is what betas are for ^^

You now get game turns once per minute. Game turns are now used for attacking, sabotaging, research, or raiding. A raid costs fewer game turns, but you steal less gold if it is successful

I like the combining of attack and sabturns, makes slayers (massers) and sabbers equal powerfull and limits sabbing somewhat. I dislike the limit on recons, I wouldnīt mind them tho if alliance-recons get shared like in RoC. I havenīt tested it yet, I hope only successful Recons cost a point.

Income is now given once per turn. Soldiers generate one gold per turn, covert troops generate no income.

This numbers need some tweaking, spies and sentries where hit by the nerfbat, but I still think it shouldnīt be that hard, maybe start with 1 TBG for coverts and 5 TBG for others?

You may now upgrade your economy. This increases your labor force and gives you a greater income

I very much like this idea, it just should not cost turns but gold - and it should be done like upgrades and have a lot more steps. Also it should upgrade the TBG by % - like everytime +100% or whatever :)

This is additionally to the turns limit? Of so I hope this number gets tested properly, the limit by turns seems enough to me, but I havenīt made up my mind on this one yet.

Sorry, just no :) If you want changes and donīt want that many big accounts and deep chains, do it like:

Me: 100%
Officer: 50%
Sub: 50%
Szb.Sub:25%
End

Siege and fortification levels now increment by a percentage over their current multiplier, rather than incrementing by 25% or 33% over the base multiplier. This means higher level upgrades are much more important!

Good change, makes all upgrades worth it earlier without holding a shitload of weapons already.

Yay!

I guess thats the way massing is balanced to sabbing, I like it, I would have liked it more if you introduced spy and sentry mercs as well, as well as trained and untrained spies and sentries.

Modified high-level weapon costs and strengths

Well if you do it, make it right - make it a no brainer actually :)
SA should be:

Blackpowder Missile 10,000 1,000,000 Gold
Chariot 6,000 500,000 Gold
Flaming Arrow 3,600 250,000 Gold
Steed 1,700 100,000 Gold
Steel Bow 1,000 50,000 Gold
Longbow 450 20,000 Gold
Crossbow 250 10,000 Gold
Short Bow 150 5,000 Gold
Knife 40 1,000 Gold
Stick 10 200 Gold

You get the idea, this was done with 20% but you can do it with every % you want on all weapons and tools :)

Increased value of Dragon Claw so all races have a 3rd-tier attack weapon

Do it right, not half assed :)

Increased maximum recons on a given target per day

Good, I would also like to see recons NOT using turns or having alliance recons like in RoC.

Nice, since it is coded you can let it in I guess :)

Added option to send PMs to all direct officers without counting against your hourly message limit

I like it, how about chain leaders to whole chain while you are at it?

Good, good - cosmetic changes lure players and the game looks more polished :)

I hope one day the recruiter is much faster than it is now, so that I am not forced to use outside recruiters and ... I want to use the numpad :P

Thanx god, could you also be more forgiving on the recruiter please?

[B]Not enough, give humans 20% more TBG instead 15% and change the Orc DA bonus to anything else, really, anything. Maybe the elf spybonus is a bit high, take 10% and let them cause 20% MORE causalities to the target when attacking instead ^^

All in all I do like the changes, if you fix the recruiter and the trickle thing and balance the other changes a bit, everything will be good :)

fistsofthor
6th December 2009, 10:18 AM
The point of recons using game turns is that now they can allow players to have a much greater number of recons on a particular player per 24 hours as there is a cost to it. Also, its like you get your used to recons over 11 minutes. thats not to bad.

el--diablo
6th December 2009, 01:19 PM
Having read through this thread, it's clear that the general consensus is pretty negative against the majority of these changes. The fact that the admins have failed to appease even their loyal players is in part unsurprising (everybody always likes to complain about changes), but is also really discouraging for the game.

However, I don't think that the reaction of people who already play KOC is important here. Everybody is aware that the number of people playing KOC has decreased at an exceptional rate in recent Ages, and if the admins wanted to reverse this change, it's clear that some radical changes were/are needed to significantly update this game. I'm partly hesitant to even say this, because I have no constructive ideas myself, but I feel that it needs to be pointed out that the design and general gameplay of KOC is barely even a variation on Age 2. The internet has progressed, online games have progressed, and the way the people spend their time online has progressed, but KOC has stayed pretty much static and the results are there for anybody to see. Total Players: 2,483.

All I mean to say is that, in the effort of keeping KOC running, the specific opinions of existing KOC players regarding pretty insignificant changes hardly matters. If KOC is going to last many more Ages, then something dramatic needs to change in gameplay. I just don't think that the volumes of people that KOC has had playing before have the time or inclination to spend hours clicking, for enjoyment!? And the fact that, once again, the changes have been mere tinkering with an existing system, suggests (rightly or wrongly) that the KOC admins have given in and resolved themselves to KOC's fate, with the intention of only prolonging, and not averting, its death.

paper_mario
6th December 2009, 01:37 PM
People are resistant to change...they need to realize that this is a beta, stuff is being tested, and it needs to be given a chance...

fistsofthor
6th December 2009, 01:43 PM
Having read through this thread, it's clear that the general consensus is pretty negative against the majority of these changes. The fact that the admins have failed to appease even their loyal players is in part unsurprising (everybody always likes to complain about changes), but is also really discouraging for the game.

Actually, I like the changes, and so do a number of people. However, there is not really a thread to say "hey admins, I like this new feature" (although, maybe I could make one).

The game turns idea is interesting. It will hurt some strategies and help others. But, we did get some radical changes, and that brings interesting things to the game. However, with everyone starting with 50 mil, its hard to tell at first because the TFFs are so small. I mean, it would have been nice if everyone started with 15, 15, 15 instead of 5, 5, 5. (attack specialists, defense specialists, untrained soldiers) (or even 50, 50, 50)

But, ok. I mean, we will live despite the small TFFs

el--diablo
6th December 2009, 02:07 PM
Actually, I like the changes, and so do a number of people.

Well, like I said, that really is quite irrelevant. Sure, if the majority of the 2000 remaining players like the changes, then the number of players will only shrink slightly. But is that really enough? It's certainly not going to get old players and new players signing up in great numbers.

LordCounter
6th December 2009, 02:12 PM
People are resistant to change...they need to realize that this is a beta, stuff is being tested, and it needs to be given a chance...

yea that is true. i suppose its time for a 2 months break then

Seneca
6th December 2009, 02:17 PM
Experience: 0

Okay?

Mudvayne
6th December 2009, 02:18 PM

Raiding is pretty stupid, anyone remeber the days of probing?

Give coverts something or there is no way I and many other small players can stay with the big guys

Don't really see the need for it, put everyones TBG on a level playing field

About time, however now instead of having approved targets we need to organize our chains so that the higher spy rating get to them first

Really? Because of this shit I just gave up my officer to help our chain. This is fucking stupid.

At the moment I'm liking this alot

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I like it to take power away from rogues, but only time will tell as the TFF get bigger

Loving all of these, I use the computers at my university whi ch means I can't download the clickers so the ingame recruiter is now usefull. Thank you for reduced capchas, they were simply annoying

With the increase in the cost of covert weapons, I think that elves and undead just got a huge boost regardless of the percentages. And thank you for not nerfing the slayer bonus.

fistsofthor
6th December 2009, 02:18 PM
yeah, what is Experience? and why isnt it related to our GUA post count?

ThomasA
6th December 2009, 02:29 PM
yeah, what is Experience? and why isnt it related to our GUA post count?

You may now upgrade your economy. This increases your labor force and gives you a greater income. Researching uses experience, which you gain when you attack or sabotage.

I think you might like that change fists

fistsofthor
6th December 2009, 02:50 PM
I think you might like that change fists

well, that is a much better change. It rewards sabbers and slayers. thats a good idea.

nirvanaisking
6th December 2009, 02:52 PM
I realize this is only a beta but WHAT ON EARTH AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH IT?!?! I don't think I could figure out the turn system if I had to and what's the point of the trickle change?

Also, the one turn per minute thing makes it impossible to have any idea when you need to be online to not get attacked. I keep getting attacked for about 15,000 gold. What's the point of that?

On a better note, the upgrade system means upgrades actually mean something.

Zynx
6th December 2009, 03:05 PM
Trickle change - SUCKS big time

Turns - BAD change imo. BEst would be to go back to 12 turns for full gold hit.

haha 12 turns a little bit roc eh? koc was 15turns not 12 :\

there are some bad changes ofc. like for instance Experince has no real point once u max out on economy. turns used for recons and sabbs too wtf?

atleast back when they had sabb turns they were seperate from attack turns :\

and coverts have no income so whats the point of having massive spies and sentrys to keep sabbers out if u get no gold from it?

Trickle to only commander? so now this is basicly who ever has biggest clicking officers win! game?

hell this is a fail age already but maybe it get better we shall see :)

ThomasA
6th December 2009, 03:07 PM
They are still making changes so may add other features that use experience, we can only wait.

Zynx
6th December 2009, 03:08 PM
yea thats why i said it may get better :) hopefully it does if not big chains really need to rethink how to win a age as it really wont effect smaller chains

Rocco
6th December 2009, 03:34 PM
They are still making changes so may add other features that use experience, we can only wait.

That is a remarkable idea :)

ArxSerpens
6th December 2009, 04:01 PM
Another idea or suggestion;

Lower training cost, it takes 33 hrs of income to train 1 soldier with its own income lol

RoyalTheory
6th December 2009, 06:15 PM
I thought the point was to get more people to play KoC not less...

When the real age starts, if this stuff is kept I predict less than 2.5k active players.

fistsofthor
6th December 2009, 06:27 PM
Another idea or suggestion;

Lower training cost, it takes 33 hrs of income to train 1 soldier with its own income lol

that sounds fine to me. Should take a while for everyone to get trained. A few days at least.

RoyalTheory
6th December 2009, 06:31 PM
Way longer than a few days.

This age means its useless to click because its not worth it anyway. Too expensive to train the soliders and you get shit % for attacking so its not worth it.

Way to make a bad game worse.

fistsofthor
6th December 2009, 06:33 PM
Way longer than a few days.

This age means its useless to click because its not worth it anyway. Too expensive to train the soliders and you get shit % for attacking so its not worth it.

Way to make a bad game worse.

So far, I am enjoying this age greatly. I have been clicking a little. Also, way to amp up the chaos. Gold every minute? now no one will know when is the right time to hit. Players can be hit at any time. This game ceases to be something that is played for several minutes every half hour, and is instead a game where one can slay at any point in time. Now, some people may not like getting hit for 10 tbg, but o well. Thats the chaos.

SleepingDragon
6th December 2009, 06:45 PM
In this beta, I feel that there are simply too many things to manage and not enough reward. I was glad to see the game not get off to it's usual start of age slug pace, and there are some good additions, but it's not something I think will bring people in or keep them interested.

But yea, gold every minute does help make things chaotic and means people must choose sab/attack targets for maximum effect.

ThomasA
6th December 2009, 11:33 PM
Changes are still, happening. Its a beta, some will be liked some wont, but the beta is there to test this.

I think its good the admins are putting effort into the game.

Gohon
7th December 2009, 10:18 AM
In this new age, the admins have changed the costs of the best weapon/tool in each section up to a million, but havent adjusted the strengths or cost of the lesser weapons. A BPM may be stronger than a chariot but because the BPM is now more expensive you can buy 2 chariots for 900,000. The strength of 2 chariots is 12,000. 2,000 more than 1 BPM.

So the chariot is the best attack weapon.
Dragonskin best defence weapon
Grappling hook best spy tool
Lookout tower best sentry

This is annoying as the most expensive weapon should be the strongest and also give the most strength per gold spent.

BloodBullet
7th December 2009, 10:37 AM
so for now this game is about stalking newly registered people waiting till you can steal their 50mil gold lol.. fail

Rasputin
7th December 2009, 10:38 AM
have to agree, the armory needs to be re-balanced out. and the sab % needs to be raised. 2% is far to low with the addition that sab turns cost game turns now it's almost not worth wars.

Seneca
7th December 2009, 11:14 AM
In this new age, the admins have changed the costs of the best weapon/tool in each section up to a million, but havent adjusted the strengths or cost of the lesser weapons. A BPM may be stronger than a chariot but because the BPM is now more expensive you can buy 2 chariots for 900,000. The strength of 2 chariots is 12,000. 2,000 more than 1 BPM.

So the chariot is the best attack weapon.
Dragonskin best defence weapon
Grappling hook best spy tool
Lookout tower best sentry

This is annoying as the most expensive weapon should be the strongest and also give the most strength per gold spent.

Agree, even though this system will work once you get used to it, it's better to have the most expensive weapon as best.

Gem-
7th December 2009, 11:16 AM
Now you will have to decide if it's more important to buy BPM's that are harder to sabotage or chariots that are cheaper to buy but easier to sab. A lot depends on what happens with the sabotage formulas.

RoyalTheory
7th December 2009, 03:02 PM
Too bad its a pain in the ass to sab non top tier stuff.

Also what happened to rolling back accounts of people who attacked new accounts to get more gold? I see plenty of people who did it in the top ranks still with their accounts intact.

For about 100 clicks I got 2 miscliks and on each misclick I speant over a minute trying to clear it.l

Capchas are impossible now.

Gohon
8th December 2009, 05:56 AM
Now you will have to decide if it's more important to buy BPM's that are harder to sabotage or chariots that are cheaper to buy but easier to sab. A lot depends on what happens with the sabotage formulas.

I never thought about it like that. You have to think more about what you are doing.

Also when spying on someone and you dont see the DA rating, then you cant just look at how many IS they have to roughy gauge how strong there are before you attack. You have to spy again, which costs you more turns.

They have made the game more challenging, which is cool.

Trish
9th December 2009, 04:50 AM
-=01:48:58=- <&LordCounter> the whole new age excitement just died

Quote for truth. lol

O.o yep this isnt any fun at all.

powdered_donuts
9th December 2009, 12:00 PM
i'm enjoying this, new changes and whatnot, it's interesting :)

fistsofthor
9th December 2009, 12:21 PM
I see a few people whining, but I personally am enjoying the changes. The economy thing encourages players to keep using their turns as opposed to sitting around doing nothing.

As for the weapons? O no, you might have to recon more until you get the player's DA... its not a big deal. Plus, we can use 16 recons per day on an individual account. So, I am not seeing the big issue. As for the turn system being complex, I do not think it is. Its 1 turn per minute where full attacks cost the 3 hours they have for the past several ages. Where a probe costs the 30 minutes it has always. And, recons and sabs are now factored into that bot. Its really not a big deal. Plus, the turn per minute gives new players the idea tat its always moving. Few things sucked more than having 20 minutes free on KoC, logging in, and finding that those 20 minutes were not going to have a turn in them and you couldnt do anything other than click.