PDA

View Full Version : Well this is something new to see while clicking...

MythDrannor
1st December 2009, 02:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/MythDrannor/imgphp.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/MythDrannor/imgphp-1.jpg

Umm, is this Andy's idea of humor? How am I supposed to click that :P

andyt683
1st December 2009, 04:54 PM
I don't have anything to do with the recruiter, I swear!

KyleCias
1st December 2009, 05:45 PM
i swear i got some other things too.. :/ so many oooooo or 69 or some word.. like *dic*

MythDrannor
1st December 2009, 07:25 PM
Recruiter keeps telling me that its your fault andy though ;)

fistsofthor
1st December 2009, 07:28 PM
the recruiter seems to be acting up sometimes. I suppose it happens. Its to be expected with code that they rewrote from scratch.

MythDrannor
1st December 2009, 07:29 PM
the recruiter seems to be acting up sometimes. I suppose it happens. Its to be expected with code that they rewrote from scratch.

Its hard to rewrite something and at the same time for it to be from scratch...

snoop
1st December 2009, 07:31 PM
We didn't rewrite this age. The next age (age 4) will be the rewritten age, I think we were pretty clear about that and have been pretty clear about that when people have complained (all day). Nothing about this age is new, even the lag is the same old beginning of age lag. The only things different and new are the events, the armory, the base page, and the indices that have made this beginning of the age a lot faster than the last several beginnings.

fistsofthor
1st December 2009, 07:32 PM
Its hard to rewrite something and at the same time for it to be from scratch...

They said they wrote the code from scrath. Then, they said they went and removed some of the bugs. That is called re-writing.

You will find that most code made from nothing gets rewritten at least once along the way.

snoop
1st December 2009, 07:35 PM
They said they wrote the code from scrath. Then, they said they went and removed some of the bugs. That is called re-writing.

You will find that most code made from nothing gets rewritten at least once along the way.

No, we said we were rewriting age 4. We said that 3 and 2/3 would contain some new features but be in large part the same code as age 3.

Also, Age 3 2⁄3 will have minor changes, tweaks and the addition of some fun stuff to keep you entertained for those times when your troops return exhausted from battle and are too tired to party with you! So, while you will not see sweeping, game-wide changes in the next age, there will be a few changes just to keep things interesting.

fistsofthor
1st December 2009, 07:43 PM
No, we said we were rewriting age 4. We said that 3 and 2/3 would contain some new features but be in large part the same code as age 3.

my bad. well, best of luck with age 4 code writing then.

snoop
1st December 2009, 07:52 PM
my bad. well, best of luck with age 4 code writing then.

The beginning of this age is driving me fucking nuts. Sorry if I'm snapping over it, but yeah that's the story.

RichOahu_ES
1st December 2009, 10:27 PM
i snaped yesterday..

am more calm today. even though i would be clicking right now...

BUT IT SUCKS ASS!!!!

*cough

see, there i went again.

the thing is, if i am faster then it, damn it sucks ;-P

MasterHernan
2nd December 2009, 10:39 AM
I was trying to reply to this but I'm extremely distracted by the signature above.

MasterHernan
2nd December 2009, 10:46 AM
After several complains about people being sent to base.php. I removed the function that does that. Keep in mind that the captchas will timeout after being idle for a good period of time. I believe it's 20 minutes, Andy knows better about that.

Yesterday, after several updates, the recruiter was a bit unstable because it was being affected by the delays from the server. After hours of cracking down, I was able to release a stable version earlier today at 4am. Thanks Tapchou.

I'm noticing an issue with the CPM calculator function but that is a small fish compared to what was happening. The last update on the recruiter should be '4:00am, Dec. 2nd, 2009'.

I've also noticed that some users instead of waiting for the captcha to load, they just refresh the entire page. That makes things worst.

For Age 4, if the admins allow me to, I will rewrite the recruiter and make it more quick and compact.

AxEHeaD15
2nd December 2009, 10:52 AM
Why would they not allow you too?

-AxE

andyt683
2nd December 2009, 10:54 AM
Because we're mean.

trask
2nd December 2009, 10:55 AM
lol:devil4:

fistsofthor
2nd December 2009, 11:45 AM
The beginning of this age is driving me fucking nuts. Sorry if I'm snapping over it, but yeah that's the story.

Is that why you are stalking me?

Every time I read one of your posts, you are watching me...

Also, does it annoy anyone that, when you are clicking, all of your captchas suddenly reload.

And, is there any possibility that we can get a skip captcha function?

Pauly_D
2nd December 2009, 11:50 AM
Also, does it annoy anyone that, when you are clicking, all of your captchas suddenly reload.

are you using google Chrome? if you are then use Firefox (or another browser) and it should work

fistsofthor
2nd December 2009, 12:15 PM
are you using google Chrome? if you are then use Firefox (or another browser) and it should work

I am using firefox. The yellow text says something like updating captchas, then the captchas go black, and then a moment or two later they re-appear.

MythDrannor
2nd December 2009, 12:17 PM
The captchas will reload as well on Firefox.

Found another conundrum =[

669: [ 14:16:35 ] Batch: 30 clicks! (+26 credits; 2 wrong numbers)
Sending 30 clicks.
Updating captcha links
669: [ 14:16:22 ] Batch: 30 clicks! (+0 credits)
Sending 30 clicks.

First entry somehow two clicks went MIA and the second batch didn't count at all. Now I spent some time away from the clicker (around 5 minutes), would that be the cause of the second issue with the clicks not counting?

Looking back through the logs over the last hour of clicking, I am seeing this issue pop up once or twice every 10 or so minutes of clicking.

fistsofthor
2nd December 2009, 12:21 PM

Sending 30 clicks.
Updating captcha links
Sending 30 clicks.

First entry somehow two clicks went MIA and the second batch didn't count at all. Now I spent some time away from the clicker (around 5 minutes), would that be the cause of the second issue with the clicks not counting?

Looking back through the logs over the last hour of clicking, I am seeing this issue pop up once or twice every 10 or so minutes of clicking.

those time stamps look nearly identical (just 13 seconds apart!)

MythDrannor
2nd December 2009, 12:23 PM
those time stamps look nearly identical (just 13 seconds apart!)

I click around 250 to 300 cpm. that would be why

fistsofthor
2nd December 2009, 12:25 PM
I click around 250 to 300 cpm. that would be why

How in the world do you manage to pull that off? Special keyboard?

MythDrannor
2nd December 2009, 12:26 PM
nope, numpad. I use to work as a checker in a grocery store; had to learn to 9-key rather quickly for all produce codes and for when items don't scan.

fistsofthor
2nd December 2009, 09:58 PM
nope, numpad. I use to work as a checker in a grocery store; had to learn to 9-key rather quickly for all produce codes and for when items don't scan.

That brings up one of the few things I dislike about the numbered clicking system:
there is a big disadvantage to anyone who has a laptop, because either the laptop doesnt have a numpad, or its some weird, slanted thing that cannot be typed quickly on. Imo, letters are fair to both folks.

stonewall
2nd December 2009, 10:12 PM
That brings up one of the few things I dislike about the numbered clicking system:
there is a big disadvantage to anyone who has a laptop, because either the laptop doesnt have a numpad, or its some weird, slanted thing that cannot be typed quickly on. Imo, letters are fair to both folks.

buy a numpad usb $5 wireless $20 fair to everyone and you don't have to whine

rabbitohs
3rd December 2009, 01:18 AM
The slanted numbers are actually more acustomed to a right hand.

Im left handed and can click the fastest with my right on the numpad.

Well said stone.

On another note, im SOOOO pissed off with the ingame recruiter telling me Batch: 30 Clicks, Waiting for server to respond. After i click another 40 links, the server still hasent responded and the recruiter ends up locking down so I cant click until thoes 1st 30 clicks are processed. Then it takes ages to process the next 40, 10 of which are always 'missclicks'... *Sigh* /rant

ThomasA
3rd December 2009, 02:58 AM

Sending 30 clicks.
Updating captcha links
Sending 30 clicks.

You say you spent 5 mins away from the computer, my guess is the links expired so you wouldnt get credits for them. When you get this it usually updates the all images as well. This does seam to occour when you take your time to click them. Though RoC help does say 'CAPTCHA Timeout 24 minutes'.

Im not sure how the clickers designed, but you occasionally seam to get this whilst clicking so fast that they shouldnt have had time to expire. This tends to be more when the server is load, so i dont know whether they are expiring too soon for some reason, the operation is timing out, or its receiving no response or an error page(such as gateway from server).

MythDrannor
3rd December 2009, 04:18 AM

My laptop has a full size keyboard with a numpad

ThomasA
3rd December 2009, 06:06 AM

I like roc caus most of their clickers support laptop number clicking even without a number pad. clicking with 789, uip, jkl is better than qwerty clicking in my opinion.

fistsofthor
3rd December 2009, 07:44 AM
I like roc caus most of their clickers support laptop number clicking even without a number pad. clicking with 789, uip, jkl is better than qwerty clicking in my opinion.

Well, thats not the case for me. I guess it takes a little time to get use to the funny laptop numpad clicking.