PDA

View Full Version : Adding new upgrade: Interest

FusterCluck
15th November 2009, 11:19 PM
I think it would make the game more fun if Interest is added for every turn on gold the player is holding. The player would start out at 0% at the start of the game and have to buy upgrades... probably like a max of 10%. It would add a gambling element to the game, where players would have to risk holding more gold for more turns and getting more interest, with being attacked and having the gold stolen.

LordCounter
16th November 2009, 10:10 AM
why a gambling effect if you get more tbg with more upgrades. and why risk more if you know your tbg is higher cause of the interest thing

bravo
16th November 2009, 10:18 AM
LOL, Mega accounts with sky high DA would love your idea, it is not really gambling for some but more a case of the rich gets richer.
/me don't like.

Pauly_D
16th November 2009, 10:57 AM
actually i like the idea, but not while Dwarves get such a massive bonus. it would mean more gold on the battlefield players would have to decide whether to bank every 3-4 turns or whether they could risk it and leave their gold for an extra turn to get that little extra gold

Pj-
16th November 2009, 01:15 PM
Yup, I agree with Pauly_D,
It's a lovely idea, but it will only make the richer rich as said by bravo
so if this is wanted you should think about a coutner for massive da-folks

Pauly_D
16th November 2009, 01:22 PM
i find that only the top few accounts have much DA compared to their other stats and would encourage smaller players to buy some DA (because be honest how many mid-range or lower accounts have any DA) but it needs to be balanced at the top of the ranks as well and if this was implemented with Dwarves bonus as it is then all the top accounts will be Dwarves.

This would give people a reason to invest in DA and would stop Dwarves needing a ridiculously high bonus

Pj-
16th November 2009, 01:25 PM
i find that only the top few accounts have much DA compared to their other stats and would encourage smaller players to buy some DA (because be honest how many mid-range or lower accounts have any DA) but it needs to be balanced at the top of the ranks as well and if this was implemented with Dwarves bonus as it is then all the top accounts will be Dwarves.

This would give people a reason to invest in DA and would stop Dwarves needing a ridiculously high bonus

Yes, it would stimulate some of the midrange-accounts to buy some DA,
but the advantage top accounts will take from this will be outrageous, they'd benefit more then the midrange-accounts, wich it's all about for you at this if I'm right. Also, I DO hope they lower the DA-bonus for Dwarves next age.

fistsofthor
16th November 2009, 01:56 PM
I think it would make the game more fun if Interest is added for every turn on gold the player is holding. The player would start out at 0% at the start of the game and have to buy upgrades... probably like a max of 10%. It would add a gambling element to the game, where players would have to risk holding more gold for more turns and getting more interest, with being attacked and having the gold stolen.

I think its a very bad idea. At present, there are 3 accounts that have 90 billion more da than the next highest SA. Simply put, your idea would cause them to gain 10% interest off of unheld TBG. It would also make the race for first a near blowout as whoever gets unhittable DA would win a fairly quick victory.

/me says no.

Pauly_D
16th November 2009, 02:08 PM
Are those 3 accounts Dwarves?, all im saying is reduce dwarf bonus to make it difficult for any account to get out range.
This would need serious testing in a beta but im convinced it could do do-able but it would need testing in a beta (and if i read correctly theres one coming up soon) this could either be an awesome idea (if Top SA can keep up with top DA and with the prospect of that amount of gold SOMEONE would make sure they had enough SA.
I feel it would make the game more interesting and should be worth considering not just brushing it off before its tested

cowboy_from_hell
16th November 2009, 05:16 PM
If you make it like this, you need to make it for everything, not tbg. But for SA, 10% more chance to beat an equal DA, for DA 10% more chance to defeat an equal SA.

And same for Spy and Sentry.

fistsofthor
16th November 2009, 08:26 PM
Are those 3 accounts Dwarves?, all im saying is reduce dwarf bonus to make it difficult for any account to get out range.
This would need serious testing in a beta but im convinced it could do do-able but it would need testing in a beta (and if i read correctly theres one coming up soon) this could either be an awesome idea (if Top SA can keep up with top DA and with the prospect of that amount of gold SOMEONE would make sure they had enough SA.
I feel it would make the game more interesting and should be worth considering not just brushing it off before its tested

Someone could simply make it a rule that rank #1 SA ALWAYS beats anything but rank #1 DA. That would provide a boost to slayers (or rather, it would make the big bankers go after SA to avoid being slayed).

itsfun2do
7th December 2009, 02:09 PM
or.... you could add "steal gold" to the role of the spy.

fistsofthor
7th December 2009, 02:17 PM
or.... you could add "steal gold" to the role of the spy.

that sounds like a bad idea.

muffe
7th December 2009, 02:37 PM
do we even have to mention why the spies shouldn`t get that ability?

two keywords: SAB/SPYACCOUNTS.
choose the elves, start stealing, build up more spy. steal some more.

fistsofthor
7th December 2009, 02:42 PM
do we even have to mention why the spies shouldn`t get that ability?

two keywords: SAB/SPYACCOUNTS.
choose the elves, start stealing, build up more spy. steal some more.

that would be like a pure SA account. with the exception that nuns are easier to sab away.