PDA

View Full Version : new bonuses for elves?

k-d17
13th October 2009, 07:16 PM
alright nothing wrong with the bonuses now or anything, just thinking maybe elves should have another bonus as in less spy and some attack or defense . jw what people would think......................................... about any new bonuses for any race .

put them here :)

Beddow
20th October 2009, 04:50 AM
bonus' IMO are good as they are

nagrach
20th October 2009, 05:34 AM
elves could be a bit more powerfull indeed.

like a tiny bonus somewhere would be nice (SA!!!!)

DarthAndrew
20th October 2009, 04:30 PM
bonus' IMO are good as they are

top ranked elf is 50th or such, elves are the least choosen race so far, so they need to be pimped a little bit, bonues are not good for them :punch:

ThOrN-
26th October 2009, 02:27 PM
ha i agree with nagrach ^.~

Would make slaying much more easier. I know I'd sacrifice that 40% fewer casualties for SA. :)

fistsofthor
26th October 2009, 02:45 PM
I dont think that SA bonus fits in with who the elves are. I think sentry bonus would work. If elves were given back their old 25% sentry bonus, then I think we would really see some use out of them at some of the higher levels.

Maz
26th October 2009, 03:07 PM
Yea I agree with fists, a 25% covert bonus (spy + sentry) would be fun to see again :)

SleepingDragon
27th October 2009, 12:21 PM
A small sentry bonus would indeed be helpful!

Gimli_LOP
27th October 2009, 12:36 PM
every race should have three bonus like undeads

xAre
27th October 2009, 01:02 PM
every race should have three bonus like undeads

Every race should have 1 bonus like they used to.

Shredmeister
28th October 2009, 02:24 AM
Elves have been underpowered for ages.

The fewer losses bonus is BS, only really worth it for big accounts, and big accounts hardly ever choose elves.

xAre
28th October 2009, 03:19 AM

The fewer losses bonus is BS, only really worth it for big accounts, and big accounts hardly ever choose elves.

Elves were overpowered until undead came around so they can spend a little more time being underpowered :p

fistsofthor
28th October 2009, 05:37 AM

the fewer losses bonus MIGHT have done some good if it included covert casualties, but it doesnt, so all it does is reduce the number of mercs you need. So, I absolutely agree with you.

Elves could use something. I feel like they would be powerful if their 25% sentry bonus returned (in addition to their other bonuses)

But, something should be done to make the elf play style more appealing (and i dont mean making the other play styles less appealing)

Gimli_LOP
28th October 2009, 07:49 AM
this age is of dwarfs next age we will see......if elfs get sentry bonus then it will surely rock

fistsofthor
28th October 2009, 12:06 PM
this age is of dwarfs next age we will see......if elfs get sentry bonus then it will surely rock

Well, i would like to see what would happen if elves were given unsabbable gtappling hooks (just grappling hooks, their skeleton keys and their nunchakus would still be sabbable)

I think it would be very interesting to see what happened. However, that is to weird of a bonus to actually be given.

so instead, i would like to see to it that a player needs to either attempt to recon or sab another player before his nunchakus are broken.

ThomasA
28th October 2009, 12:56 PM
Sabbing is too overpowered at the moment, making tools needing to be broken is not going to help this.

fistsofthor
28th October 2009, 12:59 PM
Sabbing is too overpowered at the moment, making tools needing to be broken is not going to help this.

sabbing is overpowered because a player can lose most of their armory while they are asleep and away from their account.

If tools spy tools broke due to first sab and/or recon attempt, and sentry tools broke half an hour after a player logs into their account, it would make reduce the power of a surprise attack to take out an account without that player being given a fighting chance.

ThomasA
28th October 2009, 03:56 PM
Then why not do it for DA also if you are going down that route?

Your proposal favours sabbers/slayers who dont have DA, the other playing styles would be at a disadvantage.

fistsofthor
28th October 2009, 05:57 PM
Then why not do it for DA also if you are going down that route?

Your proposal favours sabbers/slayers who dont have DA, the other playing styles would be at a disadvantage.

DA would similarly have to be broken by someone a an attack that made use of the sabbed player's defense (in other words, someone would need to attack the player in order to break that DA)

I suppose that Sentry tools could be broken when someone successfully recons the player. Although, that just makes sabbing big accounts even more difficult.

As a whole, it just allows players an opportunity to react to being sabbed.

LL
11th November 2009, 07:56 AM
I feel bonuses should be spread evenly across all races...

Elves -- 25% Spy
Undead -- 25% Sentry
Dwarf -- 25% Defense
Orc -- 25% Strike
Human -- 25% Gold

It doesnt have to be as i have said above but having those bonuses means u really will have to choose races carefully. Some people have said there is nothing wrong with race bonuses as they are. Again i have to disagree... I don't think Dwarves should have a 60% bonus or that ANY race should have a bonus greater than 50% in any stat.

fistsofthor
11th November 2009, 08:05 AM
I feel bonuses should be spread evenly across all races...

Elves -- 25% Spy
Undead -- 25% Sentry
Dwarf -- 25% Defense
Orc -- 25% Strike
Human -- 25% Gold

It doesnt have to be as i have said above but having those bonuses means u really will have to choose races carefully. Some people have said there is nothing wrong with race bonuses as they are. Again i have to disagree... I don't think Dwarves should have a 60% bonus or that ANY race should have a bonus greater than 50% in any stat.

Really, those bonuses would require to choose carefully?

I am pretty sure that humans would just destroy all the other races. 25% bonus is every stat for a banker versus a 25% bonus in a single stat for all the other races. That sounds REAL fair.

Maybe if humans had a 5% or 10% bonus it would work out to be near even. but no, elves would be way way to weak. spy bonuses are not really that good for competitive play these days.

Travis-RF
15th November 2009, 11:17 AM
Not only should spy/sentry tools need to be used to be broken, but I think it should be taken a step farther:

If you sell back broken weapons/tools, the next people to buy that number of that type of weapon/tool should be broken upon purchase. That would really be chaos!

Pj-
15th November 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm reading some pretty cool ideas up here.
I'm an elf, always been (for no reason really, I just tend to not think at age-start)
and if you compare stuff they are surely not in advantage
I totally agree with the 60% DA bonus of dwarves being outrageous
and a % sentry bonus instead of casualties would make the elves a bit mroe interesting indeed,
I also like the ideas about Tools needed to be destroyed instead of just vanished.