PDA

View Full Version : The "Age 4 suggestion thread" but the other way around! What should be removed?

EdThaSt0rm`
12th October 2009, 02:41 PM
Instead of suggesting what Age 4 should have and what should be implemented that Age 3 doesn't have it's maybe time for a thread the other way around?

What should be removed from the game?

I personally vote for:
- Get rid of sorting the rankings on gold and on army size. Makes it way too easy. I don't even have to search through the rankings anymore. All I need is a big spyrating and press one button to sort gold. I know about greasemonkeyscripts but maybe there's a way to avoid those?

Feel free to comment.

~EdThaSt0rm

Pr0nStar
12th October 2009, 04:55 PM
unless you want images for gold during the whole age there's no way around it.

Pappy Anghus
12th October 2009, 05:28 PM
Your troops stumble back to camp drunk off the beer they bought with the gold they pillaged.

Some schools of thought would find that ROC would be endorsing as well as perpetuating alcohol abuse with this statement when one wins a battle...

I doesn't bother me I get a kick out of reading these but, as a parent (they are adults now) I can see how some would not like their child under a certain age seeing that.

Once a parent, always a parent.

Eberhon
12th October 2009, 11:40 PM
Some schools of thought would find that ROC would be endorsing as well as perpetuating alcohol abuse with this statement when one wins a battle...

I doesn't bother me I get a kick out of reading these but, as a parent (they are adults now) I can see how some would not like their child under a certain age seeing that.

Because playing A Link To The Past and throwing a boomerang at an official (albeit mean, stupid and seriously annoying) castle guard and killing him in two blows (one if you have the red boomerang!) to the head is any better than one very mild made-to-be-funny 'suggestive' sentence in a text-based game, amirite?

andyt683
12th October 2009, 11:58 PM
unless you want images for gold during the whole age there's no way around it.

Even that wouldn't stop it. It would just make the scripts people use even harder on my server. This at least we can optimize it, instead of having people use scripts that slam our server.

Grownups are such fuddy duddies. What fun would it be without gratuitous endorsements of vices?

Besides, we're all budding alcoholics, at least we're proud of the fact!

M3J
13th October 2009, 12:00 AM
andy should be removed. Clearly he's unsuitable to do anything with RoC as his coolness would kill the server. <_<

But, other than the 666 thing, I can't think of anything that needs to be taken out f the game.

joly
13th October 2009, 04:29 AM
Remove clicking, or rename it to keyboardclubbering.
Oh, and remove kartel from the game, that would be helpful too.

On a serious note: I would remove the restriction of being able to recon only at a ratio of 1:3? That you can't see the gold with a ratio of less then 1:1 is normal, but not being able to recon someone who is only 3x bigger in sentry is just wrong.

andyt683
13th October 2009, 10:20 AM
The difference between 3,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000 is rather large, despite 'only' being 3:1.

ThOrN-
13th October 2009, 11:54 AM
Hmmm in a larger scale..

3:1 9,000,000,000: 3,000,000,000 i think is a bit strange.. =S

I'd prefer a fixed amount before you can successfully sab like they have to be within 1-2 Bill of your sentry. For recons i'd say like you need ex. 60% Spy of their Sentry to successfully recon.

One thing that was recently added that in MY opinion Isn't really helping the game is "Sabotage Damage 2,766,510,000 Gold"

This has been the worst change of the age for me as a solo player...so many people are just bothered about showing of that figure in their AA's and in PM's.. ive been sabbed for absolutely no reason a tall..just so the person on the opposite side can say wow another 200 Mill on my sab damage.. ._.

In my opinion that figure will ruin things if people sab for anything just to raise that figure..not saying it shouldn't be available on the last week of the age but not right now. (IMO remember)

M3J
13th October 2009, 12:38 PM
But this is a war game, sabbing doesn't have to be justified. Stealing gold and inflicting damage on other players to improve your rank is the main point of the war game. It's like America vs. Britain or Britain vs. France or Allies vs. Axis, the purpose of war is to win by any means necessary. Sabbing and stealing gold, even probing, are part of the means.
At least this way, people need to justify their sabs to avoid getting hurt.

ThOrN-
13th October 2009, 12:59 PM
I know it doesn't have to be justified.. but sabbing for no reason a tall to add to a stat? will push players away from the game.

If you wanna bring war situations into it lol... You wouldn't get a gun a shoot random people on the battlefield O.O You shoot your enemies right? (disregarding some things i wont mention otherwise ill get in trouble ;) ) ^^

Not saying it shouldn't be allowed all i know is that before that "Sabotage Damage" thing came into play no-body sabbed me for no reason now its here i get sabbed for no reason on this earth that is justifiable? and you'll say raise sentry right? ... i do that its just more to be sabbed.

I just think that figure should be saved till the end of the age. Thats all.

M3J
13th October 2009, 01:04 PM
If it pushes players away from game, then that's kinda good IMO as they have no business playing a war game where there's free reins on sabbing. Not that I wanna get rid of them, but people will come up with different excuses for sabbing. You go on IRC? If so, does your clan have a bot? The bot could be like sab damage counter, so either way, people would use sab damages, whether in game or the bot, as justification.
I actually would shoot random people for the lulz. It's war, I can blame someone else and get away with it. Same with RoC, you can sab inchain and still bullshit your way out of trouble, I know this well. You really weren't sabbed for no reason? O_o Could be because previous age had high damages per sab attempts, whereas costs are reduced this age. Nto sure when they implemented the damage, but removing won't work as well because there are still bots.
I record my sabs on a bot, see I'm 25mil away from 395trillion, and I'd sab random people. In game just makes it easier to see the damages we've done.

fistsofthor
13th October 2009, 01:12 PM
people have been sabbing for no reason since about koc age 3, long before RoC came around. getting sabbed for no reason is part of war. sabbing others for no reason, if you enjoy it, is also part of this game (and a good part too)

unlimited
13th October 2009, 01:13 PM
I think Recon should be 1:5 instead of 1:3 but make it harder to get stats, and require the sending of more than 4 spies even if you are above their sentry by a small amount.

ThOrN-
13th October 2009, 01:14 PM
Lol man you'll find the people who use those bots aren't idiots that sab for no reason.

There wasn't a reason they could think of either Lol... They only stopped when i boosted spy a few bill. It was only an opinion though ^.~

And i doubt you'd sab 'random' people if you have enemies that come first. ;)

And Lol at you fistofthor i remember you did it to me and then complained later... Why the change of heart on here? =S

M3J
13th October 2009, 01:17 PM
What's fun if you can't sab for the lulz? Why do people limit it to just war and breaking AA? Sab damages make it easier and more fun.
And many people do see their stats on bot and sab to bring it to milestone.
Randoming people = enemies and allies and etc. <_<

Pr0nStar
13th October 2009, 11:14 PM
oooh i know i know...remove the captcha from everywhere except the recruiter ^^ ?

Vrasp
13th October 2009, 11:32 PM
oooh i know i know...remove the captcha from everywhere except the recruiter ^^ ?

because autobanking is fun!

EdThaSt0rm`
14th October 2009, 05:19 AM
Another thing,

Get rid of the AA!
No more stating for what amount you want to get hit for and how much you sabbed this age or what you will do to people who ignore your rules.

If you remove the AA we will have more chaos, and that is what the game is all about right?

Pr0nStar
14th October 2009, 01:17 PM
screw that i like having an AA. you can't get mad because of what people chose to put in their aa...unless is derogatory, but if you don't like looking at it then don't go to their stats page...besides, no one is making you read their aa. it's not like you HAVE to read it when you go on their page.

M3J
14th October 2009, 03:03 PM
Retarded/stupid AA makes me wanna sab the person, not be scared of 'em or whatever. People are just too scared and thus, abide by AA. Without it, I wouldn't know what'd be decent to hit the person for. Like, if they say 300mil min, then I know t hit for between 290 at the least and get the mst for my turns, yanno?