PDA

View Full Version : Can't log into my account

Travis-RF
22nd September 2009, 06:42 PM
I put my account on vacation mode for 1 week and 3 days (or something like that) and during that time as usual I saw the countdown when I tried logging in. That countdown should have run out last night (22 hours ago right now), and now when I try logging in I get "Error Invalid User ID".

So now I am worried that my account is deleted or something. Although actually I know it isn't completely deleted because when I click "Forgot Login" and put in my email address, it send me an email with my correct login and password.

I contacted Gem- on iRC:

[22:41] <Travis> Hey I am going to bed but my account should be back from vaca and instead of saying a count-down as it did a few hours ago, it now says "Error - Invalid User ID". Umm... did my account get deleted? It is: Travis-RF
[22:42] <Travis> Thanks. Take your time. I won't be back on iRC for another 20 hours.
[22:45] <Gem-> you'll probably have to write to rocco
[22:45] <Gem-> yours must have messed up on the way out of vacation mode
[22:45] <Gem-> bon and I can't fix that
[22:47] <Gem-> Travis|AFK - you still there?
[22:48] <Gem-> well, guess that's what you get for pm'ing me right when you need to leave :p

Lol, good times. But seriously if someone could reactivate my account or something, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks,
Travis

fistsofthor
22nd September 2009, 06:46 PM
I put my account on vacation mode for 1 week and 3 days (or something like that) and during that time as usual I saw the countdown when I tried logging in. That countdown should have run out last night (22 hours ago right now), and now when I try logging in I get "Error Invalid User ID".

So now I am worried that my account is deleted or something. Although actually I know it isn't completely deleted because when I click "Forgot Login" and put in my email address, it send me an email with my correct login and password.

I contacted Gem- on iRC:

[22:41] <Travis> Hey I am going to bed but my account should be back from vaca and instead of saying a count-down as it did a few hours ago, it now says "Error - Invalid User ID". Umm... did my account get deleted? It is: Travis-RF
[22:42] <Travis> Thanks. Take your time. I won't be back on iRC for another 20 hours.
[22:45] <Gem-> you'll probably have to write to rocco
[22:45] <Gem-> yours must have messed up on the way out of vacation mode
[22:45] <Gem-> bon and I can't fix that
[22:47] <Gem-> Travis|AFK - you still there?
[22:48] <Gem-> well, guess that's what you get for pm'ing me right when you need to leave :p

Lol, good times. But seriously if someone could reactivate my account or something, I would REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks,
Travis

rocco does not read these forums. I advise you send an email to rocco@kingsofchaos.com

he reads his emails, if only to say: your thoughts are being considered.

Travis-RF
24th September 2009, 04:16 AM
I sent him a PM on here and an email two days ago. Still hasn't replied and my account is still broken. :-/ I suppose I should just be patient.

fistsofthor
24th September 2009, 07:16 AM
I sent him a PM on here and an email two days ago. Still hasn't replied and my account is still broken. :-/ I suppose I should just be patient.

you can always delete your account and start a new koc account. kind of sucks to lose all of that work...

MFnBonsai
24th September 2009, 07:59 AM
Your account is showing as Unranked and the status is showing as active.... Unfortunately this is what happens sometimes when accounts come out of vac and we are not sure why but I have emailed rocco to see if he can get it back for you....

I will reply here when I have an answer....

Travis-RF
26th September 2009, 07:07 AM
you can always delete your account and start a new koc account. kind of sucks to lose all of that work...

I can't delete my account since I (and the mods) can't get into it. But if the mods would let me have a temporary account until my real account was back, that might be nice.

MFnBonsai:
Thanks for emailing him too!

Rocco
26th September 2009, 09:05 PM
Should be fixed!

Travis-RF
26th September 2009, 09:34 PM
It is! Thanks Rocco!

Shane-
26th September 2009, 10:16 PM
You get five days worth of armory you lost due to an in-game error (Much like illkey getting his armory back due to an in game bug) ?

Shane

fistsofthor
26th September 2009, 10:31 PM
Question:

How did you count up 5 days worth of armory?

Did you give him all of his tbg, or half of his tbg for that time, and did he get his attack turns?

Shane-
26th September 2009, 10:39 PM
Fist...

This thread was created: 23rd September 2009, 12:42 AM
Today is 27/09/2009

So...
23rd
24th
25th
26th
27th
= 5 days

Plus, The first post says " That countdown should have run out last night (22 hours ago right now) "

Shane

Phantomis
27th September 2009, 01:27 AM
he meant how would he get compensated for it, I think...

fistsofthor
27th September 2009, 01:36 AM
he meant how would he get compensated for it, I think...

Right. I mean, the player probably could not have banked 100% of his gold during that time HAD his account been active. So it strikes me that you would not give him 100% of his tbg for that reason. So how did you determine how much gold to give him?

Shane-
27th September 2009, 08:12 AM
Oh - My bad.

Regardless, The admins should give a whole 5 days worth as an apology for leaving him in suspect for five days.

Shane

Travis-RF
27th September 2009, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I got no compensation (nor did I or will I ask for any). My account was basically on vaca for an extra 5 days. I'm just happy it was recovered.

Son_Of_Sam
27th September 2009, 11:32 PM
Lol @ Travis.... U are one unlucky hombre!

fistsofthor
4th October 2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, I got no compensation (nor did I or will I ask for any). My account was basically on vaca for an extra 5 days. I'm just happy it was recovered.

Lol @ Travis.... U are one unlucky hombre!

Well, the best thing is that he got it back. Vacation mode sucks. Personally, i think the player should be given attack turns for the additional time, but that is it.