PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage Discussion

Stormrag3
17th September 2009, 12:10 PM
I was wondering what do people think about sabotage?

I saw that sabotaging does a lot more damage when you use 25 spies. But I've seen people getting in *10. How's that possible. Whats the science of sabotaging, if there 's any lol.

Another thing that I noticed is destroying an account by sabotaging is not longer possible (remember age 9 & 10, the Keneva Account - Age9, or my own account - Age10).

If i would have enough spy rating to sabb fury, i would probably get in once or twice. The problem is, he will re-buy what i took off him with just 1 TBG (probably two).

Another thing, war alliances (TLL - ES - CDE/BSS - VS) are overpowered again, you can't really hurt them so much in comparasion of what they can do to a ranker. When sabbing takes 1% of your armory, its true that rankers & slayers are even more vulnerable, but they can at least fight back at the point of emptying a sabber's armory, right LC?

RichOahu_ES
17th September 2009, 12:32 PM
sab is ok, getting more and more expensive to chain however (damn you ImmortalKing for being so right!). tempted to sell off some spy as having as much as i do only causes myself more repairs. and the bigger my spy skill gets, the more damages i am taking. it was around 10%, now is getting worse.

Intel Operations 5,068
Sabotage Damage 32,867,465,000 Gold
Sabotage Cost 4,012,831,546 Gold

as far as hurting rankers more, seems i see some rankers doing just fine as they war.

Jankster
17th September 2009, 12:41 PM
Yes it cost to sab(spymens and repair)
and yes you have to kinda fit your spy to the enimy´s sentry.

Intel Operations 8,369
Sabotage Damage 36,148,180,986 Gold
Sabotage Cost 2,617,963,357 Gold

SabSquad
17th September 2009, 12:42 PM
Like you said its no longer possible to destroy an acc by sabotaging, so in other words the war alliances arent overpowered again.
Last age sabotage was destroyed, and the game went to hell. People werent motivated one bit anymore and people left fast. Even a large percentage of noobs who said this change was good left in a hurry when reality struck their faces hard.

As you see now sabotage was upgraded again and the way to handle it too.
I believe when you decrease the amount of spies send you have more change to get it.

Anyways, in general sabbing is a blast again! ;)

the_nba_player
17th September 2009, 01:01 PM
I think sabotage is almost spot on right now.
The only thing I would change is that when you have a lot less spy than someone's sentry (like 1/3 or 1/2 or something) you shouldn't be able to get in like 4 times as I've seen in some cases. 1 or 2, maybe, but not 3 or 4.
It is kinda frustrating to fail on someone 6 times or something when I have double their sentry in spy, but I guess that's just how it is...

fistsofthor
17th September 2009, 01:16 PM
I think sabotage is almost spot on right now.
The only thing I would change is that when you have a lot less spy than someone's sentry (like 1/3 or 1/2 or something) you shouldn't be able to get in like 4 times as I've seen in some cases. 1 or 2, maybe, but not 3 or 4.
It is kinda frustrating to fail on someone 6 times or something when I have double their sentry in spy, but I guess that's just how it is...

RoC sabbing is perfect. Do NOT change anything about it. I mean that. We do not want to go the route of KoC...

ThOrN-
17th September 2009, 01:54 PM
No complaints about sab this age from me. :) Seems to be perfect and I've had quite a few x10 Successful attempts :ninja: ..:P

My only problem which has forced me to play a bigger TFF than I'd want and not go for a full sab account is i had around 300-400k sentries and lost like 800 every probe. D: Lost 100k worths of sentries in a few days.. =.=

Pr0nStar
17th September 2009, 01:55 PM
I think sabbing is as good as it gets right now. Repairs are only high when you have more spy than you can afford. so if you've got like 15mil tbg and it costs you 30-40mil GPP to repair...well you're screwed. if you have 60 mil tbg and it costs 30-40mil GPP to repair then you won't be set back as much. maybe it's just me, but i havent seen more than a handful of all spy accounts this age. but idon't understand in being able to sab someone you can't recon...i've gotten 3-4 successes sabbing somone with a larger sentry but wasn't even able to recon them.

MaradoX-
18th September 2009, 03:40 AM
I think sabbing is as good as it gets right now. Repairs are only high when you have more spy than you can afford. so if you've got like 15mil tbg and it costs you 30-40mil GPP to repair...well you're screwed. if you have 60 mil tbg and it costs 30-40mil GPP to repair then you won't be set back as much. maybe it's just me, but i havent seen more than a handful of all spy accounts this age. but idon't understand in being able to sab someone you can't recon...i've gotten 3-4 successes sabbing somone with a larger sentry but wasn't even able to recon them.

Levi, you still playing roc? :p

No repair on spy tools = NO fun with sabbing :laughing:

fury
18th September 2009, 05:48 AM
but idon't understand in being able to sab someone you can't recon...i've gotten 3-4 successes sabbing somone with a larger sentry but wasn't even able to recon them.

Has something to do with being able to break into somebody's house and break stuff, but not know what all is in there, just blindly go rampaging... :lol:

snoop
18th September 2009, 07:46 AM
As an addendum to this thread I would like to posit, MY SABOTAGE IS TERRIBLE I SPILL BLOOD ONGREEN GREEN GRASS.

fury: Sabbing seems to have a lot of "real life situation" built into it which is amusing, and I think good. 25 dudes can destroy a lot more shit than 1 dude (KoC).

Checkman
18th September 2009, 08:40 AM
As an addendum to this thread I would like to posit, MY SABOTAGE IS TERRIBLE I SPILL BLOOD ONGREEN GREEN GRASS.

fury: Sabbing seems to have a lot of "real life situation" built into it which is amusing, and I think good. 25 dudes can destroy a lot more shit than 1 dude (KoC).

Off topic I know, but snoop, tell me your signature is merely coincidence....

fury
18th September 2009, 08:51 AM

Totally. My favorite part of RoC is where 1 spy can only go for 1 dragonskin, so he's like "dudes, need some help here..." so 24 spies come to his aid, and embark upon the colossal journey, thwarting all the odds and escaping capture in order to sneak in and get a SECOND dragonskin... and in the process, 4 or 5 spies decide their life sucks cause they all failed at getting more than 2 dragonskins, so they kill themselves just so the other spies can flee to return home and tell their comrades a more exciting story, about the ruthlessness of their enemy and how taxing and even fatal it was to destroy all those dragonskins...

rouen
18th September 2009, 09:00 AM
Totally. My favorite part of RoC is where 1 spy can only go for 1 dragonskin, so he's like "dudes, need some help here..." so 24 spies come to his aid, and embark upon the colossal journey, thwarting all the odds and escaping capture in order to sneak in and get a SECOND dragonskin... and in the process, 4 or 5 spies decide their life sucks cause they all failed at getting more than 2 dragonskins, so they kill themselves just so the other spies can flee to return home and tell their comrades a more exciting story, about the ruthlessness of their enemy and how taxing and even fatal it was to destroy all those dragonskins...

Why stop there, go out in a blaze of glory and kill those dwarfs while they sleep. Ninja Elves with garrotes?

Off topic I know, but snoop, tell me your signature is merely coincidence....

Is it checkman? Sleep in fear......

Nasser
18th September 2009, 11:14 AM
Sab is ok this age , but still repairs when sabbing ( /care if they're small ) should be removed still. But too bad Sab being ok won't help much the game when the game itself is a joke.

the_nba_player
18th September 2009, 12:01 PM
Sab is ok this age , but still repairs when sabbing ( /care if they're small ) should be removed still. But too bad Sab being ok won't help much the game when the game itself is a joke.

Naw, the repairs are fine the way they are. They at least give some repercussions for chaining. There is a limited amount of damage that you can do to an all covert account, so at least with the damages they have something to fear.
I still think the amount of damage you can do to someone with much greater sentry than you should be cut down a bit, but otherwise I'm fairly happy.

My favourite is when people put "Sabotage Total: xxx,xxx,xxx" in their profile, and it's like 600mil or something ridiculously low like that. I'm assuming that they're trying to scare people off or seem menacing by posting that, but the truth is they're just inviting people to have their way with them because they're completely hapless sabbers. Haha

Vrasp
18th September 2009, 01:29 PM

Only the defender should lose soldiers when I attack too.

skynet
19th September 2009, 05:14 AM
Has something to do with being able to break into somebody's house and break stuff, but not know what all is in there, just blindly go rampaging... :lol:

personally, i think it's idiotic... i think this is something that needs to be changed..

i don't have an issue with sabotage or the formula, however, i think there is too much bias for the rankers/clickers with super accounts now..even phoenix think that they are sabbers now :lol:

Smitty
19th September 2009, 05:57 PM
My only complaint about the repairs needed on sabbing:

Sending one spy should not have damages to his equipment the same as if you had sent in 25 spies. I sent in one spy, he got caught, and my repairs to his single equipmnet were over 2m gold. Now, in this scenario, I would expect his cloak would get disentegrated for about 200,000 gold.

KyleCias
20th September 2009, 01:29 AM
TBH... i think the sabotage this age is better, it gives you something and take something away from you in return. I do understand its really hard for rankers stay up with out having x5 higher sentry than rank 1 spy rating. the reason why the damage would be huge.

I also find this sab rules are really good for war, in both parties. Such as you sab for 4 billion as 1 sabber to a clan. Then in return the whole clan gives you a damage of 300 million damage. Also think about the repairs, spies, and losing of turn base gold.

Its all worked out really good this age.. but could be better.

Messias
20th September 2009, 07:29 AM
Wel... being all dutch and greedy I'd like to point out that 'sabotage cost's' are highly over rated!!!!

RichOahu_ES
20th September 2009, 10:21 PM
Sabotage Damage 47,843,839,000 Gold
Sabotage Cost 5,974,386,193 Gold

almost 6 bil in sabatage costs plus lost men, plus the money lost to train those men....

a wee bit high still ithink. and getting worse as i increase my spy......

but i can still repair with a couple of turns... not 8 hours of turns like age two ;-P

andyt683
20th September 2009, 11:01 PM
Sabotage Damage 47,843,839,000 Gold
Sabotage Cost 5,974,386,193 Gold

almost 6 bil in sabatage costs plus lost men, plus the money lost to train those men....

a wee bit high still ithink. and getting worse as i increase my spy......

but i can still repair with a couple of turns... not 8 hours of turns like age two ;-P

That's about right. almost 10:1 ratio, so all things considered, not bad.

cata-ro
20th September 2009, 11:25 PM
That's about right. almost 10:1 ratio, so all things considered, not bad.

Sabotage Damage 59,302,437,966 Gold
Sabotage Cost 8,574,678,597 Gold

7:1 or 8:1 ratio maybe :) but it is ok now i have 500 mil damage after i sab 20-30 players not like last age when i took 1 bil damage after i sabed 3 players :banghead:
i can recover from tbg in 3-4 hours my gpp last time was 62 mil dunno know how much is it now.

After i sabed 10 players
You have damaged weapons! The cost to repair is 184,881,525 Gold, of which 63,752 Gold can be spent now.

Sabotage Damage 61,219,677,963 Gold
Sabotage Cost 8,759,560,100 Gold

63,752,250 GPP

Sab from them 1,917,239,997 gold and recive 184 mil damage with 10 bil spy and 71 mil tbg is good for me :)

RichOahu_ES
21st September 2009, 07:51 PM
Sabotage Damage 59,302,437,966 Gold
Sabotage Cost 8,574,678,597 Gold

7:1 or 8:1 ratio maybe :) but it is ok now i have 500 mil damage after i sab 20-30 players not like last age when i took 1 bil damage after i sabed 3 players :banghead:
i can recover from tbg in 3-4 hours my gpp last time was 62 mil dunno know how much is it now.

After i sabed 10 players
You have damaged weapons! The cost to repair is 184,881,525 Gold, of which 63,752 Gold can be spent now.

Sabotage Damage 61,219,677,963 Gold
Sabotage Cost 8,759,560,100 Gold

63,752,250 GPP

Sab from them 1,917,239,997 gold and recive 184 mil damage with 10 bil spy and 71 mil tbg is good for me :)

what is your spy stat? IE strength?

mine is Spy: (+7%) 12,784,509,800 and i stopped increasing it when i saw a jump in the damage i took per attempt. i even thought of selling some of it off........

i am worried that if i get that too high, and i try chain all.. i will get worked...

Back_Breaker
21st September 2009, 08:19 PM
what is your spy stat? IE strength?

mine is Spy: (+7%) 12,784,509,800 and i stopped increasing it when i saw a jump in the damage i took per attempt. i even thought of selling some of it off........

i am worried that if i get that too high, and i try chain all.. i will get worked...

You will bro, and that's the point. A big spy like yours SHOULD pay a heftier price tag to sab small sentries, imo.
Is that gonna stop my puny 3bill spy from sabbing some ass with 300mill sentry? HELL no! I'll pay the price, and gladly. But that's just me.
If I had YOUR spy, I'd save it for the big guys, and let us handle the rest, just as I should let one of my buds with 1bill spy handle the schmuck with 300 mill sentry.
fury has just forced us sabbers to either play smarter, or bite the damages, if you feel the need to chain.
Personally, I choose the latter, lol, but that's just me. (and you) :P
Honestly, I don't think sabbing could possibly get better than this Age.
As a sabber, I'd say NO damages would be best.
But as a member of the community, and as a potential sabEE, I'd say it's quite fair.

To put it bluntly, when a few page1 players decide to sab MY little ass, I'd be pretty damn well pissed if it cost them nothing.

cata-ro
21st September 2009, 11:12 PM
Spy: 10,117,265,760 #29
But yeah in the last week i didnt boost the spy i was rank 12 now 29 :)

unlimited
21st September 2009, 11:18 PM
@Back_Breaker/Key

I think it's also a measure against lone sabbers. If you are balanced and have high spy, this means you have to have decent TFF. Then repairs aren't as much to you, as if you have low TFF and just went all spy, nothing else.

60m in repairs is a lot less painful to someone with 120m tbg, than someone with 35m tbg.

Back_Breaker
21st September 2009, 11:36 PM
@Back_Breaker/Key

I think it's also a measure against lone sabbers. If you are balanced and have high spy, this means you have to have decent TFF. Then repairs aren't as much to you, as if you have low TFF and just went all spy, nothing else.

60m in repairs is a lot less painful to someone with 120m tbg, than someone with 35m tbg.

Exactly, m8. Not to mention that low tff+lowDA+highSpy=massive covert losses. :evilimu:

RichOahu_ES
22nd September 2009, 03:09 AM
heh

but i chain em all ;-P

so 200-300 mil in repairs.

but yeah, i could sab "smarter" but hell, i have to share the love ;-p

and now with no war going on, i am wishing for targets, and wishing for the repairs ;-P

and of course you are all right on the money that i CAN afford the repairs. but i never have to like them ;-)

as if not for them, i would still be pushing for rank 2 spy (rank one is so far out there as to be impossible) but i stopped going for it when it was unneeded. and costly.

now i am a sentry whore instead ;-)

oh, with teeth ;-P

Messias
5th October 2009, 09:14 AM
As a sabber, I'd say NO damages would be best.
But as a member of the community, and as a potential sabEE, I'd say it's quite fair.

I'd prefer to lose my spy tools instead of sabotage costs. That way I can
make up my own mind about clicking & ranking... without losing my 'style'
of gameplay.

RichOahu_ES
5th October 2009, 01:50 PM
damages are getting painful......

Sabotage Cost 9,971,707,824 Gold

that could of went a long way ;-P

/eye Immortalking

Messias
6th October 2009, 10:51 AM
Thats all Key? Jolly :P sure looks like I will eventually beat you on that 1!

Sabotage Damage 9,692,740,999 Gold
Sabotage Cost 1,663,524,638 Gold

Thats not my problem thou...

Being an all average player (spending limited time on the game... I claim I have a live :P) I noticed that my TBG neutralizes all damage I do by sabbing.

It's more aggresive to be playing a ranker or slayer...