PDA

View Full Version : permanent ban

Darkraver
14th September 2009, 05:17 AM
why am i permanantely banned for refreshing someones page ????
i didnt see any rule about that

and if there is a rule for that why didnt someone told me not to refresh a page instead of a perm ban

i know alot of people dont like the way we play but banning someone permanent for refreshing a page :confused:. you dont need any tools for that if you have firefox

trebach
14th September 2009, 05:52 AM
Just talk to an admin on IRC. People are going to laugh at you and swear you cheat if you post something like that here.

Darkraver
14th September 2009, 06:09 AM
i dont mind if people would react like that because i know i didnt and everybody got the right to think for themselves

its a little strange that after i attacked someone from TLM online (powerscape) that i got banned just a little later uhmm fury..

it isnt that hard to tell me not to refresh a page before banning me permanent

ThOrN-
14th September 2009, 06:56 AM
Lol it does seem harsh if as you said that is truth and you didn't leave anything out. ^.~

Butt..

"We reserve the right to fire the ban cannons for any or no reason whatsoever, if we feel it is deserved "

snoop
14th September 2009, 07:32 AM
I think it was because fury auditted the access_log file (and yes modern webservers log shit, surpise!?) in addition to his own logs in the db and saw the sort of refreshing going on. If you check the rules:

You are NOT allowed to automatically refresh pages or perform queries that harm the server or provide an unfair advantage.
The pages on the site are meant to be viewed by humans in a web browser or web browser control in order to facilitate playing the game. Using scripts or programs that automatically load these pages and mine data or simply bog down the server is not allowed. There are developer-oriented APIs available for use with data collection scripts. For more details, and to gain access, contact an administrator.

Hitting f5f5f5f5 if it's just you doing it, wastes bandwidth. That is harmful and wastes money. If it's a script doing it, that's even worse.

Either way you broke a rule.

Reconciliation
14th September 2009, 07:33 AM
i dont mind if people would react like that because i know i didnt and everybody got the right to think for themselves

its a little strange that after i attacked someone from TLM online (powerscape) that i got banned just a little later uhmm fury..

it isnt that hard to tell me not to refresh a page before banning me permanent

It is actually not strange that you got banned. I've been reviewing the logs and I would have to say, the administration doesn't ban to better TLM or any other player. The fact that we are all mainly TLM and PHNX doesn't mean we are out to win the age and cheat to get there. In case you haven't noticed, PHNX and TLM still haven't won an age. However, GUA is NOT the means to complain about your bans, this has been said many times over. An in-game appeal system has been created to take these issues directly to administration, not to cause controversy on GUA. I'm pretty sure administration has also already give you the reply to the questions you posted here, so please do not try to create disruption about how you feel you were unjustifiably banned. GUA is not a place to appeal, or accuse players.

rouen
14th September 2009, 07:36 AM
Well, the issue arises when you are caught auto refreshing on multiple people all at once. You werent just looking at one person and refreshing over and over on the same one, you were stalking multiple people at the same time and you were auto refreshing on them all.

It is actually not strange that you got banned. I've been reviewing the logs and I would have to say, the administration doesn't ban to better TLM or any other player. The fact that we are all mainly TLM and PHNX doesn't mean we are out to win the age and cheat to get there. In case you haven't noticed, PHNX and TLM still haven't won an age. However, GUA is NOT the means to complain about your bans, this has been said many times over. An in-game appeal system has been created to take these issues directly to administration, not to cause controversy on GUA. I'm pretty sure administration has also already give you the reply to the questions you posted here, so please do not try to create disruption about how you feel you were unjustifiably banned. GUA is not a place to appeal, or accuse players.

Fury has already advised you of what the reasons for the ban were. The above post sums up the rest of what I would want to add and as such this thread is closed.

Also this post is very relevant as well, in case you might have missed it:

I think it was because fury auditted the access_log file (and yes modern webservers log shit, surpise!?) in addition to his own logs in the db and saw the sort of refreshing going on. If you check the rules:

Hitting f5f5f5f5 if it's just you doing it, wastes bandwidth. That is harmful and wastes money. If it's a script doing it, that's even worse.

Either way you broke a rule.

fury
14th September 2009, 08:06 AM
1. Bans are never made on account of what tag somebody is wearing, but their conduct in the game.

2. Bans have nothing to do with any alliance whether TLM, PHNX, RF.

3. Bans are never decided based on anybody's bias toward or against any player.

4. Measures are taken to ensure there is no bias in any administrative action.

5. Investigation of suspicious activity is never initiated as a part of any alliance tactic, but simply in the course of keeping the game fair and ensuring that, for all intents and purposes, the activity is either legitimate or not. Until it is witnessed and determined to be illegitimate, no action is taken against the suspected, regardless of how many people suspect it, or how strongly people suspect it, or how strongly anyone might argue in favor of or against taking action.

6. When any activity we see is determined to be against the rules, the ban cannons are fired. Not when an alliance decides they hate someone. Not when a vocal player expresses their frustration very loudly. Not when an admin with an itchy trigger finger decides they don't like somebody. But only when a suspicious activity is spotted and it is determined that said activity is against the rules.

andyt683
14th September 2009, 10:26 AM
Just to add to the parade of staff chiming in here, refreshing a page this fast is not humanly possible without the use of a script or addon.

His behavior up to this point has been, in our determination, fair and legal. A new development led to the current ban.