PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I sab?

oyo-de
7th September 2009, 08:13 PM
OK, so If I have a 60 mil spy, I can't sab a guy with a 1 mil sentry who has 718 BPM's?

Is this a joke?

How come when I was at 320 mil sentry bigger accounts were sabbing away my nunchuckas like they were going out of style.

Am I missing something here?... :confused:

trebach
7th September 2009, 08:39 PM
Noob protection.

Ricky91
8th September 2009, 09:27 AM
Noob protection.

You mean "Players who don't want to click 100k times an age protection"

trebach
8th September 2009, 10:14 AM
You mean "Players who don't want to click 100k times an age protection"
People can take advantage of it just by having a tiny sentry. It's not related to account value at all, which breaks the whole concept.

fistsofthor
8th September 2009, 10:17 AM
Actually, it gets even worse as their weapon levels rise. (so if the player had 16000 BPMs, or something, its really difficult to sab them)

oyo-de
8th September 2009, 11:14 AM
So I should wipe out my sentry, and have tons of BPM's.

I don't get it then, why do so many people put "I will sab you if you look at me wrong" in their AA's?

trebach
8th September 2009, 07:21 PM
So I should wipe out my sentry, and have tons of BPM's.

I don't get it then, why do so many people put "I will sab you if you look at me wrong" in their AA's?
They need sentry to rank.

fistsofthor
8th September 2009, 07:36 PM
Sentry is needed for the following:
Protecting your Sentry and Protecting your Spy.
Making it so that other players cannot see your gold.-- very important if you buy morale
Ranking.
Protecting your other stats, and allowing you to bully by pulling you out of sab range.

Also, at the very high end, sentry makes sabbing you very very difficult. If you have more than 20 bil sentry, its tough for anyone in the game to sab you with 50 attempts.

bravo
11th September 2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah people with no sentry tools or low level convert can be tricky to sabb,
it's a bit like you cannot sabb without any NUN's (if that still apply in this age)

LordCounter
11th September 2009, 04:01 PM
er stats, and allowing you to bully by pulling you out of sab range.

Also, at the very high end, sentry makes sabbing you very very difficult. If you have more than 20 bil sentry, its tough for anyone in the game to sab you with 50 attempts.

its tough cause anyone with 6-7bil spy barely has enough spies to hold the tools.

so oyo-de, you need to check how many spies and tools you have got, if you sab with 3 spies for every nun you never need more than 10-15 tries. (with exceptions ofc if the target has a lot of sentries and only a few towers)
and you need to check if you have any nunchaku's - cause you cant sab bpms without nuns.

as said before its hard to sab a lot of bpms when the target has no sentry. you can try sending in more spies. 2-3 spies

fistsofthor
11th September 2009, 04:07 PM
its tough cause anyone with 6-7bil spy barely has enough spies to hold the tools.

so oyo-de, you need to check how many spies and tools you have got, if you sab with 3 spies for every nun you never need more than 10-15 tries. (with exceptions ofc if the target has a lot of sentries and only a few towers)
and you need to check if you have any nunchaku's - cause you cant sab bpms without nuns.

as said before its hard to sab a lot of bpms when the target has no sentry. you can try sending in more spies. 2-3 spies

I remember how, at the end of last age, I had about 500,000 spies-- I was an elf, and that gave me a large spy, and absolutely no tools at all. I failed (100x failed sabs and no successes) on everybody, even on their tools (which was alright). I then bought a few nuns with my tbg. Then everything was fine and worked easily enough. But, there was no safety cap.

So, is spy rating the sole determining factor? Just like lord Counter said, it is not.

There may be some sort of optimal balance. I have heard that, in theory, the right ratio is 4 spies to 1 nun, or 4 spies per tool.

However, with a soldier tbg to covert tbg ratio of 80:20, no one wants to stock up on extra spies (they cannot afford to at the high level)

If the soldier to covert tbg ratio was 80:50 I think we would see more people who could afford to train down, and personally I would like to see that.

We need more power to go to the little guy who trains down and what not.

oyo-de
12th September 2009, 05:51 PM
I remember how, at the end of last age, I had about 500,000 spies-- I was an elf, and that gave me a large spy, and absolutely no tools at all. I failed (100x failed sabs and no successes) on everybody, even on their tools (which was alright). I then bought a few nuns with my tbg. Then everything was fine and worked easily enough. But, there was no safety cap.

So, is spy rating the sole determining factor? Just like lord Counter said, it is not.

There may be some sort of optimal balance. I have heard that, in theory, the right ratio is 4 spies to 1 nun, or 4 spies per tool.

However, with a soldier tbg to covert tbg ratio of 80:20, no one wants to stock up on extra spies (they cannot afford to at the high level)

If the soldier to covert tbg ratio was 80:50 I think we would see more people who could afford to train down, and personally I would like to see that.

We need more power to go to the little guy who trains down and what not.

I guess I'm retarded lol. I've got a couple thousand spies, and almost as many nun's.

When I attempt to sab, I rarely even see the message that says I failed but my tools are intact, or not, et cetera. I almost always get the "your officers inform you that you suck blah blah blah" lol.

I've tried sending one spy to sab one bpm with one try. With two tries, three, et cetera.

I've tried sending two spys to sab one bpm with one try, and then two tries, et cetera.

I guess I just suck.

Thanks for all of the tips though, it's appreciated :)

Son_Of_Sam
16th September 2009, 11:06 PM
Umm are u getting a message 'you cannot sabotage that much of an opponents armory', or u are just not getting through?

fistsofthor
16th September 2009, 11:14 PM
Umm are u getting a message 'you cannot sabotage that much of an opponents armory', or u are just not getting through?

If its the first one, then the person you are trying to sab has far to little armory to sab. You can test this by going to page 1, clicking on one of the names there, and then trying to sab 1 weapon. You should see your officers saying that you have a chance at sabbing that much, but then that you are failing to sab the weapons. I doubt a page 1 player would care if you are in there sab logs if you have less than 100 mil spy.

xe-bec
14th January 2010, 07:26 PM
People can take advantage of it just by having a tiny sentry. It's not related to account value at all, which breaks the whole concept.

Actually, it gets even worse as their weapon levels rise. (so if the player had 16000 BPMs, or something, its really difficult to sab them)

Ok, So less towers=more sab proof.....less sentry=more sab proof....more weapons=more sab proof...

Does anyone else find this to be ass backward? Who writes these formulas? Looks like all I gotta do to be sab proof is keep my sentry at 0 and have a crapton of BPMs and IS, and 1 nun to every 4 spies.

LordCounter
15th January 2010, 08:46 AM
well that depends i suppose. if you look at bpms and trained attack soldiers, it would be harder to find the guy with the bpm when theres a bunch of ppl running around them lol. like the russians in ww2 who had 1 rifle for 20 soldiers lol

and for towers and sentries, you lose a lot of tbg training all these soldiers into coverts so maybe some compensation idk. its the ratio between sentries and sentry tools that matters, added with the random function.

i think those forumlas have been the same for most of the koc ages, and ppl start to understand them since the last few ages, so it has taken a while lol