PDA

View Full Version : Age full of little girls...

mygoodoldusername
7th September 2009, 02:37 PM
Is it just me or is ROC becoming overburdened with players who start crying when you steal their gold? Not just that people are getting confused with what are real rules and what AA's say.

For example I've attacked the same guy (500 mill DA, AA says cant attack for less than 175 mil and he has 18 mill tbg which means 9+ turns) twice in the age and he has got his commander to warn me away for farming and reported me to my commander lol

I think the best thing to do is to get rid of the AA's as people are under the false impression that if they write the stupidest of limits in them then everyone must obey and will start to cry if they dont.

This is a war game after all and I think that AA's are leading people down the wrong road I think it would be far more entertaining to favour the attacker rather than the defender. What does everyone else think?

Octo
7th September 2009, 02:54 PM
There is a difference between crying and getting a reason to sab. Also, alot of people tend to be dicks just to be a dick.

Al_Bundy
7th September 2009, 03:24 PM
You call them "rules" when they're really just warnings.
Be glad that people will warn you in advance when they will visit your intel.
If you care about being sabbed then don't hit, if you don't care then have at it.
You say people need to stop crying when their gold gets stolen, well how about you stop crying when you get sabbed?
Sabotage is just as much part of the game as slaying is and it annoys me that rankers and slayers come crying here when they get sabbed.
It's every player'ss roc-given right to sab a player whenever they want for whatever reason.
Besides you're still going to get sabbed for a shitty hit wether there is an AA or not.

fistsofthor
7th September 2009, 03:39 PM
Of course, it all depends if we want to go the way of KoC. Of course, RoC's sab rules are way better. As long as sabbing provides an advantage to sabbers and its hard for alliances to take individual players out, slayers will have the upper hand.

When power goes to the collective, and pre-emptive sabbing becomes effective, the rankers get the go.

TPLOTL
7th September 2009, 03:56 PM
Well I keep it very simple with what I have in my profile ...

ATTENTION RoC PLAYERS:

CDE follows OnLy the rules of Ruins of Chaos
... if you have "rules" in your AA and you think we should follow them, then you better be the RoC Owner/Admin ... Otherwise,
CDE does NOT follow your "rules"

And if they h ave a problem with that .... well we can deal with that too.

pigsfoot
7th September 2009, 04:51 PM
Well I keep it very simple with what I have in my profile ...

ATTENTION RoC PLAYERS:

CDE follows OnLy the rules of Ruins of Chaos
... if you have "rules" in your AA and you think we should follow them, then you better be the RoC Owner/Admin ... Otherwise,
CDE does NOT follow your "rules"

And if they h ave a problem with that .... well we can deal with that too.

I've just copied and pasted that statement for future reference ;)

For me AA's are a guide to what people expect to lose their gold, mine is 4 turns some are 3, some are 5, I've hit people well below their AA and never got sabbed, whined at yes but not sabbed.

If anything AA's are a good guide to know when to hit them, one turn less then they ask, that way you never get zeroed ;)

fury
7th September 2009, 05:08 PM
Profiles's are not the same thing as official rules you must follow. There is neither a rule that says you have to read & respect them, nor a rule against using them. They are simply an additional mechanism with which players may brag, inform, entertain, threaten, or express their love for somebody. They are part of the strategy for everybody.

For the slayers, it's a strategy of either believing or not believing that their targets have reasonable rules of engagement in their profile, and acting accordingly. Many people use aggressive defending of their listed policy as a part of their strategy to avoid getting hit more than they like. And some others use conservative figures as a part of their strategy to avoid getting hit by the people who prefer to respect all profiles.

If there weren't profiles, people would sab for every hit, hit no matter how much gold, and probably hit online too.

snoop
7th September 2009, 05:24 PM
I understand that and I think everyone else does fury, however, people that turn around and whine about it and don't do shit are making the game kind of stupid. If it outright ruins your day you take the game too seriously. Also a lot of people have expectations that are pretty "out there". Personally, I will hit those people for whatever I feel like hitting them, and then throw in a sab for good measure just for being douchebags.

pigsfoot
7th September 2009, 05:39 PM
I understand that and I think everyone else does fury, however, people that turn around and whine about it and don't do shit are making the game kind of stupid. If it outright ruins your day you take the game too seriously. Also a lot of people have expectations that are pretty "out there". Personally, I will hit those people for whatever I feel like hitting them, and then throw in a sab for good measure just for being douchebags.

What's your in game name snpoop?

midnight_sun
7th September 2009, 09:11 PM
There is a difference between crying and getting a reason to sab. Also, alot of people tend to be dicks just to be a dick.

But there are some elite dicks you must admit.

fistsofthor
7th September 2009, 09:23 PM
basically, an aa message is a threat. Its not a rule of the game.

I mean, surely, you slayers feel fine with saying:
I will look for a hit holding X gold, and If i can take it I will.

Whats so wrong about a da player telling you that he has a rule that he plays by:
"I sab people who steal less than X from me"

I see no problem with it. Although, I personally would prefer for there to be no AA on RoC. Then I could sab all who attack me and send a message that says "your hit was low"

Then, when I slay people, I could just slay for what I felt like and if they are upset, I could send them a message stating "I dont believe in minimums, let the market dictate it, and my market says that this was a good hit"

But, since there are profiles, Players expect me to write in there what a low hit is, so I am limited on who I can sab,

:(

trebach
7th September 2009, 09:33 PM
This has been done before. Go read the 50+ topics in the Kings of Chaos forum about it.

unlimited
7th September 2009, 10:00 PM
It's fair. Let's say I have a profile:

Hit for 4 turns or sab.

Now you have a choice: If you are for some reason scared of my 1,846,900 Spy, then you might want to think twice about hitting under 4 turns. This is a good way for

1) Setting a bar for slayers - if I see someone with an AA, I may not hit him because I am not expecting anyone else to hit him - in other words, I'd get more gold.

2) Lowering the amount of low hits - sometimes scare tactics work, and it means at any rate I won't have my gold stolen as much.

Of course, if for some reason you are really not scared of my mighty 1,846,900 Spy, then you are still free to do what you want, leaving me pouting because I can't breach your sentry.

SabSquad
7th September 2009, 11:48 PM
Is it just me or is ROC becoming overburdened with players who start crying when you steal their gold?

YES YES YEEEEESSSS !

;)

mygoodoldusername
8th September 2009, 01:38 AM
It's fair. Let's say I have a profile:

Hit for 4 turns or sab.

I think thats exactly the way it should be, you can look at someones expectations before you steal their gold and see if they can actually sab you back and make a choice.

BTW the person I did steal the gold from has 3 mill Spy so couldnt sab me if he wanted to which is why he went crying to his commander

TheLoneSpirit
8th September 2009, 05:56 AM
@ the guy who made this topic

Put in your AA

" I am hitting for 4/5 turns of gold . Deal with it , or bank more often and quit whining"
" Commanders only message me if i hit for 3 turns or less"

andyt683
8th September 2009, 08:59 AM
If I see a ridiculous AA, I'll go out of my way to violate it as often as possible.

If I see an AA that says to steal 100 mil gold when he has zero DA, I'll recon to figure out what his spy is. If it is also low, damn the torpedoes, I'm going for it.

Its a threat, and if they can't follow through on the threat, its worthless and not worth taking the time to abide by. Some people just think they can tell other people how to have fun.

skynet
8th September 2009, 03:44 PM
i agree with andyt683... i deliberately attack those who have stupid limits or threats in their AA...

and very few people actually sab even when they state in their AA that they will sab

If there weren't profiles, people would sab for every hit, hit no matter how much gold, and probably hit online too.

^^ and where does it say in the rules that you can't hit people whilst they are online.. that's the most stupid, idiotic thing that nerds put in their AA... :rolleyes1

midnight_sun
8th September 2009, 04:36 PM
i agree with andyt683... i deliberately attack those who have stupid limits or threats in their AA...

and very few people actually sab even when they state in their AA that they will sab

^^ and where does it say in the rules that you can't hit people whilst they are online.. that's the most stupid, idiotic thing that nerds put in their AA... :rolleyes1

Your just saying that because I specifically said that anyone BUT YOU could hit me for any amount, but you did it anyway, and I didn't sab you, ok so thats not true. But I have sabed people for low hits, I sabed the first few days into the age.

pigsfoot
8th September 2009, 06:07 PM
Your just saying that because I specifically said that anyone BUT YOU could hit me for any amount, but you did it anyway, and I didn't sab you, ok so thats not true. But I have sabed people for low hits, I sabed the first few days into the age.

Just pull that trigger midnight_sun and do us all a favour ;)

Back_Breaker
8th September 2009, 06:28 PM
Go back to eating your slop, piggy, and leave my commander alone. :P

I'd just like to know wtf is up with calling your profile an AA???
Your AA stands for Alliance Affiliation, and refers to those sexy 2or3 letters next to your name.
The area of text you are all talking about is called your PROFILE as it is clearly labled.
Jesus, next thing you will be calling Excalibers bpm's. :surprise:
/rant

I agree with the OP, tho. You can't expect to hold X amount of gold just because you state it in your profile. Too many peeps think that should help them to hold 10turns of gold, and that is not only NOT gonna happen, but would be detrimental to the game if it did.

midnight_sun
8th September 2009, 07:45 PM
Just pull that trigger midnight_sun and do us all a favour ;)

Hahaha I did thats why we had ham for dinner :lol: Hahahaha the pig is back in town woohoo.

stonewall
8th September 2009, 08:27 PM
Is it just me or is ROC becoming overburdened with players who start crying when you steal their gold? Not just that people are getting confused with what are real rules and what AA's say.

For example I've attacked the same guy (500 mill DA, AA says cant attack for less than 175 mil and he has 18 mill tbg which means 9+ turns) twice in the age and he has got his commander to warn me away for farming and reported me to my commander lol

I think the best thing to do is to get rid of the AA's as people are under the false impression that if they write the stupidest of limits in them then everyone must obey and will start to cry if they dont.

This is a war game after all and I think that AA's are leading people down the wrong road I think it would be far more entertaining to favour the attacker rather than the defender. What does everyone else think?

I Think profiles are so i don't have to respond to stupid pm's ie ( why the sabs )

I think if I was his commander I'd of sabbed you but he would have also :p .

I think you can ignore anyone in the game check it out it's on their stat page ;) .

I like high amounts in profiles and the people that sab for low hits or chainsab for them .

Back_Breaker
8th September 2009, 09:30 PM
I think you can ignore anyone in the game check it out it's on their stat page ;) .

You can iggy peoples profiles??:eek:
Lol, j/k, I know what you meant. :lol:

That would be sweet, tho, as some of them are rather distracting and boring.
Like fury's.
I'm SOOOOO sick of watching scotty bashing his old skull in...:facepalm:

fury
9th September 2009, 09:37 AM
You can iggy peoples profiles??:eek:
Lol, j/k, I know what you meant. :lol:

That would be sweet, tho, as some of them are rather distracting and boring.
Like fury's.
I'm SOOOOO sick of watching scotty bashing his old skull in...:facepalm:

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride...

unlimited
9th September 2009, 10:53 AM
Suggestion for Premium: Allow people to put their own pictures/video clips in.

$5 for a pic
$10 for a vid

SabSquad
9th September 2009, 11:57 AM
Suggestion for Premium: Allow people to put their own pictures/video clips in.

$5 for a pic
$10 for a vid

this could work, i bet alliance leaders would fund a pic or a vid for their main
alot of extreme hilarious and offensive stuff will pop up

i like it

skynet
9th September 2009, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=Back_Breaker;1298507]

I'd just like to know wtf is up with calling your profile an AA???
Your AA stands for Alliance Affiliation, and refers to those sexy 2or3 letters next to your name.
The area of text you are all talking about is called your PROFILE as it is clearly labled.
Jesus, next thing you will be calling Excalibers bpm's. :surprise:
/rant
/QUOTE]

yes, i am guilty of these things.. :sneakout:

and i usually sab all hits on me... i don't need to say it in my profile.. the offenders can see it in their logs :)

fury
9th September 2009, 01:52 PM
Profiles are referred to as AAs for short, because Ps just sounds corny. And because they were called Alliance Affiliation originally, when they were introduced as one liners intended for your alliance list but people put things like "low hit = sab" in them instead of just their alliances...so...old habits die hard :P

Back_Breaker
9th September 2009, 05:47 PM
...so...old habits die hard :P

Tell me about it.
6 years later and I'm still playing these silly games. :(

And sky, you can call it whatever you want, and I'll still lay my jacket over a puddle for you anyday. :<3:

M3J
12th September 2009, 09:00 PM
I've just copied and pasted that statement for future reference ;)

For me AA's are a guide to what people expect to lose their gold, mine is 4 turns some are 3, some are 5, I've hit people well below their AA and never got sabbed, whined at yes but not sabbed.

If anything AA's are a good guide to know when to hit them, one turn less then they ask, that way you never get zeroed ;)

Shocking, but I agree with pigsfoot.

RichOahu_ES
13th September 2009, 03:59 AM
hit me for three...

see what you get ;-P

grimreaper
13th September 2009, 03:25 PM
I never read 'em - no defence = no gold simple. If I get sabbed, I sab back, if you bring your mates, I bring mine and we have a war and all because you left a pile of gold lying around and expected me to leave it alone because you have played for six ages - ROFL

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are. :) :)

pigsfoot
13th September 2009, 05:54 PM
hit me for three...

see what you get ;-P

Well it seems you guys have become DA whores:icon_laug, so I might just try, but first I need to buy lots more SA :rolleyes1

grimreaper
13th September 2009, 10:40 PM
A prime example of stupid is of course the_nba_player

100m TBG and a defence of 2.5 million

well you are going to loose that every turn arnt you mate :p

the_nba_player
14th September 2009, 12:11 PM
A prime example of stupid is of course the_nba_player

100m TBG and a defence of 2.5 million

well you are going to loose that every turn arnt you mate :p

I agree, but that's what happens during war.
If you think you're gonna hit me every turn. Be prepared to get sabbed for it.

grimreaper
14th September 2009, 08:06 PM
LOL - and do you think you can sab 500 million a day from me?? because thats how much I can take from you every day.

fistsofthor
14th September 2009, 08:08 PM
Aye. It seems to me that in RoC AAs are taken with the seriousness that they should be taken: very little. If AAs start getting serious, then we go into that downward spiral that KoC is now in.

RichOahu_ES
15th September 2009, 12:40 PM
i always ty to be "realistic" with my AA message.

4 turns with almost 5 bill DA and 14 bill sentry seems reasonable ;-P

now if i had no DA and a tbg of what i have...... then yeah, no frikin way i could try and ask for 4 turns.

AND the best part? if someone has enough SA to beat my DA, then i can sab the ballance off them no problem if they take 3 turns, as then they have enough weapons that sabbing 300 mil off them is about right for 10 tries.

Pappy Anghus
17th September 2009, 02:13 PM
Profiles's are not the same thing as official rules you must follow. There is neither a rule that says you have to read & respect them, nor a rule against using them. They are simply an additional mechanism with which players may brag, inform, entertain, threaten, or express their love for somebody. They are part of the strategy for everybody.

For the slayers, it's a strategy of either believing or not believing that their targets have reasonable rules of engagement in their profile, and acting accordingly...

OUTSTANDING Points made Fury!

The question, is how does this rank as it is on my profile.

Rule No. 1 This is Just a GAME - Nothing Personal.
Rule No. 2 Attacks online on me will be followed by a return attack... So
spend it as fast a possible.
Rule No. 3 Not my problem if your Defenses are weak.
Rule No. 4 I despise sabotage, I will attack those that Sabotage me.
Rule No. 5 IT IS JUST A GAME, Don't your dander up. Received Hate laden
messages are sent to admin.