PDA

View Full Version : ADMIN you've done it again

Smitty
6th September 2009, 06:31 AM
Why didn't you inform us we were playing once more in a BETA game?

Changing the rules in mid-game stinks.

SLAYERS and BANKERS rejoice... SABBERS are once more screwed.

Example (my SPY is 2b more than this player's SEN): Yesterday, I managed to sab this person.

24 minutes ago The_Source Sabotage Failure 5 1
24 minutes ago The_Source Sabotage Failure 5 0
25 minutes ago The_Source Sabotage Failure 25 4
25 minutes ago The_Source Sabotage Failure 25 5

I failed in all ten attempts to sab, yet not only lost spies, but my repairs were over 10m.

Why are you changing the game plan in mid-game? This was not supposed to be a BETA age.

Sure would like for you guys to get your act together and stop changing the game plan in mid-stream

Vredesbyrd
6th September 2009, 06:47 AM
So its only not okay when you fail and great when others fail on you ..
[see war thread]
What comes around goes around .. crybaby!!!

Smitty
6th September 2009, 07:27 AM
So its only not okay when you fail and great when others fail on you ..
[see war thread]
What comes around goes around .. crybaby!!!
Others should fail more often than not, butthead, if my SEN is three times their SPY.

Use your head for something besides a hat rest.

Vredesbyrd
6th September 2009, 07:46 AM
sry I dont use a hat and again your think your the only one who has experienced this. :laughing:

maybe if you sabbed more you would have learned about that random factor earlier lol

Smitty
6th September 2009, 08:43 AM
It wouid appear that this applies when sending in too many spies. So, it's best to send in much fewer to achieve your goal.

You won't do as much damage, but the possibility of getting in seems to increase.

Pauly_D
6th September 2009, 08:43 AM
I would be quite frustrated if that happened to me, i can think of at least one reason as well as random factor that all those sabbed failed but i can see why you would be annoyed.

the_nba_player
6th September 2009, 08:51 AM
It wouid appear that this applies when sending in too many spies. So, it's best to send in much fewer to achieve your goal.

You won't do as much damage, but the possibility of getting in seems to increase.

Exactly, it's been known for some time now that sending 25 spies is not the most optimal amount for doing damage when sabbing. Sure, you do more damage per successful attempt, bu you also fail more, so it's up to you to figure out the optimal number of spies when sabbing.

fury
6th September 2009, 09:29 AM
Why didn't you inform us we were playing once more in a BETA game?

Changing the rules in mid-game stinks.

SLAYERS and BANKERS rejoice... SABBERS are once more screwed.

Example (my SPY is 2b more than this player's SEN): Yesterday, I managed to sab this person.

24 minutes ago The_Source Sabotage Failure 5 0

I failed in all ten attempts to sab, yet not only lost spies, but my repairs were over 10m.

Why are you changing the game plan in mid-game? This was not supposed to be a BETA age.

Sure would like for you guys to get your act together and stop changing the game plan in mid-stream
Sab rules were not changed in the middle of the age. Sure would like for you to stop assuming that to be the case just because you had a bad stroke of luck.

Here are some pointers for you:

1. Amount of spy vs. sentry means nothing. Ratio means everything. You could have 12 quintillion more spy than their sentry - if their sentry is already 60 quintillion, you aren't suddenly going to be 12 times more likely to get in. You'll have a ratio of 1.2 to 1, which barely gets your foot in the door as far as your quest for sabbing them to kingdom come.

2. Sending 25 spies at a target that close to your spy (again, by ratio not by amount) is and always has been a bad idea.

3. Likelihood of success is not, nor has it ever been, guaranteed with ANY ratio. There will always be the occasional spamming/blanking and there is nothing that buying 20 times more spy than your target's sentry will do to change that fact, although I'd be pretty surprised if anybody did ever manage to shoot blanks with 1 spy and 6x their target's sentry. Again, ratios & sensible numbers of spies is key. Can't expect to send a volley of 25 spies in to rampage all your target's weapons undetected every time. One of those guard dogs is bound to sniff a butt crack, or one of those 25 spies will knock over a torch or something.

These rules have been wined and dined and refined to make it more fair and fun for everybody involved, INCLUDING the sabbers, so get your head out of that gutter and look at the big picture. Sab is back, it's getting used and it's not costing you 20x more than the damage you're causing on average. Rejoice!

Jankster
6th September 2009, 10:05 AM
Tx fury.:<3:
smitty`s post is most relevant for all on game.
Finally I saw a post relevant for game and all players on it!

The sabrules was tweaked other way´s than the last beta, peeps are beginning to find out now.

This post should also be a exsample of how posting and reading on this forum, will be tweaked/twisted after which alliance you belong to..
(shame on Jormund) for implying etc and go of topic.
Alliance sh.. belongs to alliance sh..

Smitty
6th September 2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the enlightenment, Dennis.

fury
6th September 2009, 07:07 PM
The sabrules was tweaked other way´s than the last beta, peeps are beginning to find out now.
No, actually, the rules were this way for quite some time in Age 3 Beta. That's what everybody was testing.

andyt683
6th September 2009, 07:45 PM
I gave TONS of hints to lead people on the right track to figure out the new formulas, and have been since early beta. People are stuck in their mindsets that 25 is the way to go. Once you break that habit, and break out the spreadsheets, you can theorycraft your way to success.

Back_Breaker
6th September 2009, 09:58 PM
Bah, a couple weps here, a couple failed attempts there, it's not that big a deal.
If I'm sabbing someone with a sentry close to my spy, I send 20.
If they have 3times my spy in sentry, I may send 5, just to get in.
And if I have at least twice as much, I send 25 all the time.
Oh, and when you get jack baur'd, just send 1.

Not exactly rocket science. :rolleyes1

RichOahu_ES
7th September 2009, 03:21 AM
Bah, a couple weps here, a couple failed attempts there, it's not that big a deal.
If I'm sabbing someone with a sentry close to my spy, I send 20.
If they have 3times my spy in sentry, I may send 5, just to get in.
And if I have at least twice as much, I send 25 all the time.
Oh, and when you get jack baur'd, just send 1.

Not exactly rocket science. :rolleyes1

BINGO!!!

we have a winner!

Intel Operations 1,596
Sabotage Damage 5,464,734,000 Gold

sab is fun!

SabSquad
7th September 2009, 12:09 PM
sab is fun!

Yes, i am very pleased about the positive changes :)
sabbing can still be upgraded but im happy with the new results, this is the right direction ;)

i will hug everyone who contributed to making these good changes