PDA

View Full Version : Sour grapes or rather gripes

Jafo
19th August 2009, 04:24 PM
I really hate this sabotage, especially inside the first couple of weeks at the beginning of an age. Makes a person just not want to play anymore.

Soap box returned to its original location.

Octo
19th August 2009, 05:41 PM
Huh?

rabbitohs
19th August 2009, 07:35 PM
I think he got Zeroed and is having a winge?

the_nba_player
19th August 2009, 08:07 PM
It also sucks when you can't take more than like 1 dagger off someone who's able to harass your whole chain. I like this age's sabbing far more than last age's. And before you cry that I'm a sabber out to see his own cause boosted, I'm ashamed to say that I ranked hard last age, but rankers also like to be able to sab!

Back_Breaker
19th August 2009, 10:53 PM
I really hate this sabotage, especially inside the first couple of weeks at the beginning of an age. Makes a person just not want to play anymore.

If you are getting sabbed this early in the age, you must be doing some stupid chit. (low-gold hits, etc..._

KyleCias
20th August 2009, 03:06 AM
If you are getting sabbed this early in the age, you must be doing some stupid chit. (low-gold hits, etc..._

i agree!
may be he got enemies from last age ;) stalkers!!:banghead:

SabSquad
20th August 2009, 09:56 AM

are you guys really still that fruity to sab someone over some lousy gold hits... been there done that... like 4 years ago

in 3 or 4 weeks the game begins, stuff hasnt even begun yet and nubs are already complaining about violated AA's

Pauly_D
20th August 2009, 04:26 PM
Some AA's are really taking the piss, i cant remember who it was but someone was asking for 30mil min hit, it looked a reasonable AA until i realised that was 10 turns TBG.
Its so easy to bank every 5 hours so if everyone stuck to their AA then they would never get hit.
But if you are hitting for gold you have to take the risk that they wont end up outgrowing you and having the power to sab you for the rest of the age.

Back_Breaker
20th August 2009, 04:45 PM
are you guys really still that fruity to sab someone over some lousy gold hits... been there done that... like 4 years ago

in 3 or 4 weeks the game begins, stuff hasnt even begun yet and nubs are already complaining about violated AA's

For idiotic hits like this?
4 days ago poeike LOST 0 Gold 161 60 11,713,377 7,126,399 12
4 days ago poeike LOST 5,642,744 Gold 166 63 11,835,874 7,319,317 12
4 days ago poeike LOST 512,976 Gold 161 61 11,885,853 7,052,825 1
Yes, I will sab. I'll will sab daily for rest of age.
Even you, who is hardly my favorite player, hit me for a decent amount.
You don't see me in your intel, do you? :evilimu:

SabSquad
21st August 2009, 09:37 AM
For idiotic hits like this?
4 days ago poeike LOST 0 Gold 161 60 11,713,377 7,126,399 12
4 days ago poeike LOST 5,642,744 Gold 166 63 11,835,874 7,319,317 12
4 days ago poeike LOST 512,976 Gold 161 61 11,885,853 7,052,825 1
Yes, I will sab. I'll will sab daily for rest of age.
Even you, who is hardly my favorite player, hit me for a decent amount.
You don't see me in your intel, do you? :evilimu:

true, but theres a huge gap in experience between me and my pall
when he spoke to me about those sabs it seemed to be coincidence, he attacked you, but didnt knew who you were
he just started to explore the roc fields ;)

i was looking for 20mil + hits

Back_Breaker
21st August 2009, 07:03 PM
In that case, I will leave him alone, as I usually only sab for a day or 2 on noob hits.
I just thought it was personal. :wigglinge

Btw, I took you off iggy, so behave, and you can solve these issues in PM.

Forgive me mods for "mebbe' straying off topic...Not sure what the topic is, but it seems to be about bitchin about sabs on newbs, so I guess it was related...:whatgives

Cipher_21
21st August 2009, 11:37 PM
ITT: newbs who cry because the sabbing actually works this age

there, now we have a topic.

Back_Breaker
22nd August 2009, 12:16 AM
... it seems to be about bitchin about sabs on newbs, ...
:evilimu:
Just to say that I agree with you sir, and also (literally) lol'd at your siggy. :evilimu:

SabSquad
25th August 2009, 12:23 PM
sabbing is looking good

i've had some RF scum in my logs this weekend, and lost items fast
sab rules are definitely tighter
i've sabbed some tools this age, but not enough to get a clear view on the ratio of succes

skynet
26th August 2009, 01:39 PM

build your sentry up.. and then build your spy and sab them back.. simple :)

unlimited
27th August 2009, 12:23 AM
lol. if you have no sentry, people can ghost you :)

Valheru_Prince
27th August 2009, 05:50 AM
or get stopped nevertheless. 5/10 on a 0 sentry target dammit!

laris
27th August 2009, 12:38 PM

:) ....lol
Look at me,am rank hiding and non are sabotage or farming me :laughing:

Hit: Never
Sabbed: Never

Valheru_Prince
27th August 2009, 03:08 PM
/me hunts laris down

Your covert operations center orders 1 spy to attempt to sabotage 2 Blades.

Your spy sneaks into laris-WTF's command center, and sabotages 2 Blades.

Your intelligence division estimates the cost for laris-WTF to recover: 400,000 Gold

x2

Your covert operations center orders 1 spy to attempt to sabotage 1 Excalibur.

Your spy sneaks into laris-WTF's command center, and sabotages 1 Excalibur.

Your intelligence division estimates the cost for laris-WTF to recover: 1,000,000 Gold

x3

Your covert operations center orders 1 spy to attempt to sabotage 1 Pickaxe.

Your spy sneaks into laris-WTF's command center, and sabotages 1 Pickaxe.

Your intelligence division estimates the cost for laris-WTF to recover: 90,000 Gold

Your covert operations center orders 1 spy to attempt to sabotage 1 Torch.

Your spy sneaks into laris-WTF's command center, and sabotages 1 Torch.

Your intelligence division estimates the cost for laris-WTF to recover: 90,000 Gold

Nothing more in there... But i guess it still says sabbed: never.

And Laris, grow an account... this aint you?

Back_Breaker
27th August 2009, 06:41 PM
laris, I like you m8, but you REALLY have a bad habit of putting your foot in your mouth... :sneakout:

midnight_sun
2nd September 2009, 08:28 PM
nuff said

Pedro
9th September 2009, 11:00 AM
Sab has gone from being difficult to sab much from anybody at massive cost to getting 10/10 for next to no cost.

Absolutely from one extreme to the other.

How about something in the middle somewhere.

Somebody said build up your sentry so you dont get sabbed and sab back. A bit futile if you dont have the time to click 100k per day and bank every 2 4 or 6 hours to keep what you have.

Sorry, you lost me this age.
The game is no longer worth a pinch of rocking horse shit.

fury
9th September 2009, 11:27 AM
Don't know about you, but taking 5-10 million weapon damage every other time I sab 100 million sure isn't "no cost". I don't ghost all that often, either. One in every 10 people or so. The game is always a futile battle against odds. Either sabbing is an effective tool and is used by everybody as a war tactic (thus making it impossible to escape in any case), or sabbing isn't an effective tool and is used by nobody. There are no in-betweens.

skynet
9th September 2009, 01:06 PM
[QUOTE=Pedro;1298653]
Somebody said build up your sentry so you dont get sabbed and sab back. A bit futile if you dont have the time to click 100k per day and bank every 2 4 or 6 hours to keep what you have.
/QUOTE]

i said that and i don't click and i have reasonable sentry and spy.. you get could yourself unit production and get someone in your alliance to help you look for gold and spend your turns... you could easily raise your stats... and i dont bank 24/7 either :)

and i've noticed too that with a bigger armoury and higher spy rating, the repairs are starting to be more costly and i rarely ever get in 10/10 now whereas even just last week i was getting in x10 a lot