PDA

View Full Version : Underworld's One million Click Credit Competition

squark
19th August 2009, 04:19 AM
I know what your thinking, One million sounds pretty cool and it is. So what is this; well it is a click competition that is being held by Underworld with a major difference, everyone in RoC is welcome to join in! o ya and the prizes total one million credits
Now the competition will be run over 10 days (240 hours) and will be decided on total clicks over that period, But im sure all your interested in is the prize break down:

1st - 500,000
2nd - 250,000
3rd - 125,000
4th - 75,000
5th - 50,000

There will also be two extra prizes of 50,000 CC each awarded to two people who click consistently throughout the competition. This is to help those people out who don't have 10 hrs spare a day but can at least do a couple hours everyday, they will be decided randomly using a selection program and so anyone can be a winner.
So hopefully by now you are a little interested, the competition will start on the 1st September 2pm EST times. Everyone wanting to take part will have to join under Nabooru ingame so that all the clicks can be tracked (and we can get loads of growth).
For any extra details message Nabooru, Syngenetic or Squark ingame
We can also track the clicks using the eclipse website www.dsclan.info/eclipse this will be updated after the first 3 days and then every 24hrs. The reason for this is so that people don't get dis-heartened in the first couple days when someone goes and does 150k but then doesn't click anymore.

Chainheads or anyone else really:
Now i know what your thinking, why should i let my clickers go, well firstly they might bring one million CC back to chain! also we have another incentive deal
For 50,000 Click credits the Underworld boost account will join under you for 24hrs. so lets say that 1 millions clicks took place in the competition, you would grow 125,000 (better than 80% clickback)

Disclaimer:
Clicks cant be saved or transferred during this period.
If less than 20 people join the competition then the prizes will be downsized or the competition itself may be delayed.

Ninaelyan
19th August 2009, 06:27 AM
So, let me get it straight. You want people to join you 24 hours in advance and click under you for 11 days and then after 11 days you will produce 1.1 million credits and boost anyone who clicks 50k for 24 hours? Color me skeptical.

iKon_
19th August 2009, 06:33 AM
I have to admit, UW is usually pretty honest, but their main account is barely 500k TFF... Are these prizes going to be paid over the rest of the entire age? :P

Deserted
19th August 2009, 06:57 AM
For 50,000 Click credits the Underworld boost account will join under you for 24hrs. so lets say that 1 millions clicks took place in the competition, you would grow 125,000 (better than 80% clickback)

Might want to check your maths on that one.

1m clicks during competition would mean 500,000 for UW main and 250,000 for UW Boost, this would then give 125,000 to the supplier of the clicks.

As this is a 10 day competition all clickback would be spread across 10 days so the return in 24 hours would be 12,500 which is NOT better than 80% clickback.

However, if you are saying that it is 1m a DAY then you are then gaining 5m for UW Main and 2.5m for UW Boost and only paying out 1m in prizes, that doesn't seem good prizes! In addition, you would also be claiming 10 x 50k off of the people above the UW Boost so you would only actually be paying out 500k clicks and gaining 7.5m.

Nice try but either way it isn't a good deal :)

squark
19th August 2009, 07:49 AM
Ikon - all credits or atleast 600k will be saved up before, look at it this way if we dont pay out then everyone will sab us for the rest of the age, which will just mean this whole thing was pointless..

Deserted - 20 people averaging 50k a day which is what is happening currently is around 1mil clicks so the numbers do add up.

And yes this is obviously an attempt to boost our growth alot and i think you will find its a very good deal for the top 3

Ninaelyan
19th August 2009, 04:00 PM
Ikon - all credits or atleast 600k will be saved up before, look at it this way if we dont pay out then everyone will sab us for the rest of the age, which will just mean this whole thing was pointless..

Deserted - 20 people averaging 50k a day which is what is happening currently is around 1mil clicks so the numbers do add up.

And yes this is obviously an attempt to boost our growth alot and i think you will find its a very good deal for the top 3

Joke? it's 10 days into the age now, where's all the people who've done 500k+ clicks for the age? ya there is a few but not 20 of them and bet you the big ones don't get drawn in for a chance at 500k credits.

squark
19th August 2009, 05:15 PM
Joke? it's 10 days into the age now, where's all the people who've done 500k+ clicks for the age? ya there is a few but not 20 of them and bet you the big ones don't get drawn in for a chance at 500k credits.

im not saying you have to do it, if you dont think its a good deal then dont :) it is simply an option that is being offered out

Vrasp
19th August 2009, 05:18 PM
everyone in RoC is welcome to join in!

as long as you join our main! so basically, "our chain is allowed to join"

Please, if you're going to list the rules, list them correctly.

Syngenetic
19th August 2009, 07:08 PM
Just to let everyone know that the prizes are real and will be there to giveaway. -_-

azazel
19th August 2009, 10:29 PM
as long as you join our main! so basically, "our chain is allowed to join"

Please, if you're going to list the rules, list them correctly.

How else do you expect them to keep track of how many you clicked. All he said was anyone can join. me, you, your mom, the neighbor, etc.

All they are saying is "hey, click alot under us and we will give you a bunch of credits" Sounds just like every other boost deal out there.

So unless you are getting a better deal its a good idea to join.

Vrasp
19th August 2009, 10:58 PM
How else do you expect them to keep track of how many you clicked. All he said was anyone can join. me, you, your mom, the neighbor, etc.

All they are saying is "hey, click alot under us and we will give you a bunch of credits" Sounds just like every other boost deal out there.

So unless you are getting a better deal its a good idea to join.

Well, shouldn't alliance promotions be in the alliances subforum?

You can keep track of clicks via the "sendcredits" function

Back_Breaker
19th August 2009, 11:01 PM
Just to let everyone know that the prizes are real and will be there to giveaway. -_-

And everyone of course will take your word for that,....

Thank you, Syngenetic for verifying that for us...:rolleyes1

:frosted:

squark
20th August 2009, 04:13 AM
no-ones' chain has to join

if a clicker wants to join and they happen to be chainhead then that is the way it is, otherwise seeing as there are unlimited commander swaps you can leave chain moving all officers up the chain and join under for the competition

azazel >> thanks for putting it into perspective for people out there, its quite simple i dont understand how people are getting so confused and trying to pick away at it

you want a shot at alot of credits or 50k random prize then join in

Schadenfreude
20th August 2009, 09:27 AM

ya, and the sentry your main would be able to build per day would take him right out of range to effectively nullify any sabs. Once they got the TFF & TBG i hardly think chain would care if they took sabs once the age was in the bag and main out of range that early. Good try but no cigar

Ninaelyan
20th August 2009, 11:52 AM
If someone clicks 50k a day really only the top prize is worthwhile. Why give up 11 says of clickback at 25k a day on a basic 50% clickback deal (275k minimum, 440k at 80% clickback) for a 250k second prize you get in a lump sum instead of getting daily growth and daily income for the clickback?

the_nba_player
20th August 2009, 12:03 PM
Unless you can take the top prize, then there's no point in entering, the amount of clicks needed to win would get you: a) great clickback in a regular 50% deal and b) if you're just clicking to support your own chain's main, you might as well stay in chain rather than try to get the top prize because if you don't get it, going back with even 2nd place will not get you the same growth for the chain that you would have had otherwise.
Unless of course people just join and click like 7 clicks total to try to drive down the totals, which would be humorous :D

squark
20th August 2009, 02:17 PM
ya, and the sentry your main would be able to build per day would take him right out of range to effectively nullify any sabs. Once they got the TFF & TBG i hardly think chain would care if they took sabs once the age was in the bag and main out of range that early. Good try but no cigar

so people dont organise masses anymore? and the fact that we have always played an honest game anyway

ninaelyan > it makes me laugh that you make out so many of the top clickers are getting anywhere near 80% clickback

if you chain has two top clickers under you, that means that you essentially must do twice there amount of clicks and i really dont see that occuring in the top clickers everyday... except for IFuryMyself and Vrasp

plus its a chance for people who are clicking regardless of deals etc to get something out of it

Ninaelyan
20th August 2009, 03:45 PM
Just saying, if I was a big clicker I'd probably be looking for a clickback/rotation deal somewhere over something like this. Guaranteed growthback > the chance of a somewhat bigger reward or ending up behind.

50% clickback is easy to get, so you'd look at at least 275k clicks for 50k average clicker over the duration of this comp.

If you don't have clickback then ya, maybe not a bad idea.

Course it's just my opinion as a random guy on the GUA board, fwiw.

What I find somewhat offensive though is you expecting people to foot half the bills while getting only a minor boost in relation to yourselves. You pay 600k, get 50% of comp trickle on main, 25% of comp trickle on boost. Others collectively pay 500k and recieve a collective 12.5% trickle. Why should you be so privileged to 6 times more growth for only a slightly higher cost?

Cipher_21
20th August 2009, 04:26 PM
OK..... since apparently some people are confused....

- There are 1,100,000 credits being given away as prizes.
- THE PRIZES ARE REAL! And will be given out promptly after the end of the competition.
- The whole point of the competition is to promote growth for UW, you know, the alliance HOSTING the competition. So OBVIOUSLY the people comepting for the prizes would have to TEMPORARILY join the UW chain. Like azazel said...it's just like every other growth deal out there. The growth is just given in a different way.
- Everyone saying "It's not worth it unless you win first prize." Well obviously #1 WOULD be the most valuable prize...that is why it is set so high. It makes people want to work harder for that prize. Hard works pays off. Average works pays off, only not well, just like the real world.

Trust me. This is the real deal. NO bullshit. NO tricks or cons. Underworld is an honest alliance and we plan on keeping that image.

Back_Breaker
20th August 2009, 05:40 PM
Trust me. This is the real deal. NO bullshit. NO tricks or cons. Underworld is an honest alliance and we plan on keeping that image.

I was just teasing y'all in my earlier post. :p
I'm sure you are an honorable clan.

I just don't see how this can be good for all the alliances that will lose growth temporarily from their good clickers who enter your contest.
True, the winners' clans may benefit, but what about the rest? :eek13:

squark
21st August 2009, 04:38 AM
What I find somewhat offensive though is you expecting people to foot half the bills while getting only a minor boost in relation to yourselves. You pay 600k, get 50% of comp trickle on main, 25% of comp trickle on boost. Others collectively pay 500k and recieve a collective 12.5% trickle. Why should you be so privileged to 6 times more growth for only a slightly higher cost?

like i have sad before and i will say again, it is an OPTION if no one takes it then hey who cares it is simply something that I came up with... maybe the price will be lowered i dunno, but the clicks will be done regardless of this

why did this thread get moved to alliance discussion?

Back_Breaker
22nd August 2009, 02:16 AM
Because your 'contest' has implications that will affect most alliances?
Or mebbe because, the reason for y'all creating this is to better your...alliance?

Or, the mod that created this special section mighta got bored, with no wars atm, and was lookin for a thread to stick in here?:evilimu:

rouen
22nd August 2009, 08:28 AM
Because your 'contest' has implications that will affect most alliances?
Or mebbe because, the reason for y'all creating this is to better your...alliance?

Or, the mod that created this special section mighta got bored, with no wars atm, and was lookin for a thread to stick in here?:evilimu:

He is right, I may not have been THAT bored but this is where this thread should be based on the same reasons that BB outlined above. ;)

Since it was asked I figured some clarification was necessary, carry on!

Nabooru
27th August 2009, 09:38 PM
This topic can be closed, just to inform GUA mods.

Underworld is having a click competition in our chain only since no one was really interested. Prizes are still big (no 1 million, but still nice :p) and for those who doubted we would be able to put up the prizes for the roc-wide competition...just watch the top clickers and growers charts over the next few days (and past 2 days :P).

*pokes ikon*