PDA

View Full Version : New age sab changes

Pedro
11th August 2009, 07:32 AM
Wow, that is what I call a change.

Last age when you sabbed somebody you would be lucky to get through 3 times, lucky to sab 0.2% of selloff value each time and the cost would probably be more than what you sabbed.

This age all you need is one spy at a time instead of 25 and you can sab 12.9% of a persons armoury. Multiply that by 5 successful attempts and you have just taken out 63% of someone's armory.

Whatever happened to the 25% sab limit ? Is that gone too ?

andyt683
11th August 2009, 08:55 AM
This might very well be a bug. Stand by, please.

kjzaa
11th August 2009, 09:18 AM
This might very well be a bug. Stand by, please.

Broken you see :P

Back_Breaker
12th August 2009, 03:32 AM
Updates, please?

andyt683
12th August 2009, 08:29 AM
Not a bug. Bauer limits only come into play as the round moves along. This is the same behaviour as previous ages, it just wasn't bumped into.

Back_Breaker
12th August 2009, 09:47 AM
Thanx, andy. :<3:

unlimited
12th August 2009, 02:03 PM
12.9% or .129%

I'd think sab was broken if you could sab a whole eighth of someone's armory in 1 attempt... then in less than 10 successes he'd be zeroed.

trebach
12th August 2009, 03:29 PM
12.9% or .129%

I'd think sab was broken if you could sab a whole eighth of someone's armory in 1 attempt... then in less than 10 successes he'd be zeroed.
Ask Evil. I know someone who zeroed his armory last night but didn't break to avoid detection.

Pedro
12th August 2009, 06:12 PM
Not a bug. Bauer limits only come into play as the round moves along. This is the same behaviour as previous ages, it just wasn't bumped into.

The Bauer limit should apply from the first tool or weapon that is bought otherwise it is an unfair rule. I play the game in the expectation that the 25% sab limit or limit on what is sabbable should apply from zero not from one week into the game or from a minimum of something more than zero.

Where does the limit start ?
What is being done to correct this anomaly ?
When do I get compensation for discrimination (in the form of weapon replenishment) because I chose to play as a small player ?

RichOahu_ES
12th August 2009, 07:34 PM
o.O

don't piss people off in the first day

i mean jeeze, if you only got 1 tool/weapon, and it gets sabbed......

o.O

unlimited
13th August 2009, 01:04 AM
lol @ Key... might just drive a poor noob away from the game huh? To save up all that gold for the powerful Excalibur, and enjoy the noobish delight of using one for the first time, just to get "LOST attack" and watch your excalibur you worked so hard for go *poof*.... it would be disheartening.

The_Irony
13th August 2009, 03:09 AM
The early DA whores could be pwn tbh :/

Pedro
13th August 2009, 07:51 AM

as I said:

The Bauer limit should apply from the first tool or weapon that is bought otherwise it is an unfair rule. I play the game in the expectation that the 25% sab limit or limit on what is sabbable should apply from zero not from one week into the game or from a minimum of something more than zero.

Where does the limit start ?
Why is it that the Bauer limit starts further up the scale ?
What is being done to correct this anomaly ?

The idea that it has a minimum amount that can be sabbed before Bauer comes into play. This is because in the first 2 weeks, sabotage would effectively have been turned off, leading any spy accounts to have a weakened position, since they depend on sabbing people low enough to steal their gold to me is absolute and utter crap. If a sab account has to sab a DA whores only 7 Dragonshields just to steal his gold and leave the DA whore with no protection of any sort, in my opinion that sucks. That makes it a game purely for sabbers with reduced probability that any other style of player will get the opportunity to get past the 'minimum amount' should a couple of sabbers decided to keep harassing a single player.

Schadenfreude
13th August 2009, 11:48 AM
pedro, i had a long discussion with dennis last night about the sab formulas, and it makes sense how it works. Yes it sucks early age, but its designed so people can`t hide behind tiny armouries later in the age. I suggest you talk to him in depth and let him explain. It makes sense ultimately.

unlimited
13th August 2009, 12:49 PM
Pedro, it means you have to whore sentry AND da instead of blindly DA. It's completely fair. There has to be a downside to da whores, or else they WILL rule the age. The downside is that you can be sabbed down, and then farmed.

Schadenfreude
13th August 2009, 01:03 PM
no unlimited, only applies for a few days till stats reach a certain point. Over that point, then sov comes into play and you can`t do as much damage.

SabSquad
13th August 2009, 02:39 PM
all this stuff about sab formula is making me itchy to see whats going to happen in a month

this topic is nice, im curieus what will give on the bf later

Leash
15th August 2009, 06:44 AM
Total sell value: 1,542,255 Gold.

I sabbed a guy for one mil

I got 250k repairs... lol i'm done for this age bye bye :D

andyt683
15th August 2009, 08:50 AM
Total sell value: 1,542,255 Gold.

I sabbed a guy for one mil

I got 250k repairs... lol i'm done for this age bye bye :D

Considering Age 2 had repairs for you of 2 mil, I'd say that's a decent reduction. :P

Valheru_Prince
15th August 2009, 12:06 PM
I'm interested when we are mass sabing the DA whores of the moment. They still have very low sentry...

SabSquad
16th August 2009, 02:11 PM
I'm interested when we are mass sabing the DA whores of the moment. They still have very low sentry...

let me know when ;)

luigi
6th September 2009, 09:13 AM
let me know when ;)

Ikon has a nice 22bil DA and 900 mil SE :)

quite enjoyable lol

RichOahu_ES
7th September 2009, 03:25 AM
Ikon has a nice 22bil DA and 900 mil SE :)

quite enjoyable lol

lol

i was actualy tempted!!!

hmmmm, maybe if TLM join under me i won't sab them?

/evil laugh