PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Back Accountability

andyt683
3rd August 2009, 11:07 AM
Today was a day focused mostly on administration around here, not so much code, but enough has been accomplished, I felt I ought to check in.

First major change is that the new paypal will be paypal@ruinsofchaos.com and at this moment, myself and Dennis both have access to it. Tim will need to talk to me to get access here, but the plan is for him to have access when/if he returns. Once I am done setting it up, it will be strictly controlled; this means no more personal purchases from the game account. It will be used to pay bills, and any surplus will be discussed, though I'm not expecting a great surplus. I will look into ways of tracking the spending from it so people that donate know exactly where it's going. I'm trying to earn the trust of the users again, so work with me, and tell me what you want to see before you start donating again.

Second change is to the staff roster. We switched to a larger IRC network, and added a few new faces on IRC as well as here on the forums. Currently our staff list looks like this:

In-Game
Moderators

Tapchou
Shiggity
Reconciliation
Samie

Administrators

fury/H-U-M-P-T-Y/Dennis (Inactive)
vengefuldeath87/Tim (Inactive)
andyt683

IRC

fury/Dennis (Founder/IRCOp)
andyt683 (Founder/IRCOp)
Tapchou (Super Op/IRCOp/Network Owner)
Shiggity (Super Op/IRCOp)
Reconciliation (Op/IRCOp)
Samie (Op)
Sam (IRCOp/Netadmin)

Forums

fury/Dennis
andyt683 (new)
Are-
rouen (new)

Finally, we're starting up a store for selling t-shirts, mousepads, etc. More on that as we make progress and get some logos whipped up.

fistsofthor
3rd August 2009, 11:15 AM
just a quick question: this staff of yours, do any of them get paid, or is it all volunteer?

And do you make any money off of RoC?

Just a little curious.

Reconciliation
3rd August 2009, 11:17 AM
Staff is purely for volunteer purposes, with the best interests of the game in mind, we have never received payment in any way for our services. We don't receive advantages in the game (except for the moderation panel). We don't have payable services for free or any bonus. The staff has been selected to try to intervene with the game only to uphold the rules, not to benefit the players.

andyt683
3rd August 2009, 11:19 AM
just a quick question: this staff of yours, do any of them get paid, or is it all volunteer?

And do you make any money off of RoC?

Just a little curious.

Everyone except Tim and Dennis have been volunteering.

As it stands, I have no idea how much RoC has made. Its complicated by the fact that RoC has used more than one paypal account to receive donations. This is why I'm switching them over to a new paypal, one that people can audit and make sure everything is going where we say its going. If we were to offset donations by the server bills and upgrade costs, I'd assume it hasn't made anything, and is still far far in the red. About $2800 has been spent on bandwidth and another $2700 on actual component costs prior to RoC getting going.

Kartel_
4th August 2009, 01:22 AM
I am up for it all except xAre and rouen are bad for ROC. they killed the forums this past few weeks, espeically xAre with his dramatic tantrums and bannings. TSk. What a sensitive guy :icon_laug

M3J
4th August 2009, 09:42 AM
I have an idea with the surplus money. Save it for the next bill.

And wtf at Sam being IRCop? You sure he can be trusted with the power?

fistsofthor
4th August 2009, 11:06 AM
so what do tim and dennis get?

Or rather, what did they get? (since they werent volunteering)

xAre
4th August 2009, 11:40 AM
rouen is moderating here full time now?
Good, some backup was needed :P

midnight_sun
4th August 2009, 01:19 PM

You don't need no stinking back up, and what the hell is up with getting an infraction from ole Rooney, you couldn't have given it to me ?? I deserved it ok maybe you do need the back up carry on.

Back_Breaker
4th August 2009, 03:53 PM

Offtopic.
xAre, go inFRACT yourself! :icon_laug

Hmm, then again, it seems that some money was misappropriated here, so I guess the cops SHOULD have been called in. Nevermind. :rolleyes1

(you guys HAVE been lenient with my temper tantrums, so I guess I'll shaddup now...) :sneakout:

Seriously tho, thank you andy, for trying to save the game. :<3:
Oh, and I just GOTSTA have one of those shirts! :cool:

Kartel_
5th August 2009, 06:50 PM

Just wondering.....
why would i need a backup for my butt??
this is just me wondering btw not pointing any fingers at anyone especiall not xAre or rouen
But i stand my ground. If you are sensitive you have no reason modding a forum which is a stage for opinions and feedback from a war game with thie word "CHAOS" in it.

I vote we fire xAre and Rouen from modding ROC and do a new vote for real mods

hehehe

I VOTE for pigsfoot:<3: and Kartel :<3:

xAre
5th August 2009, 07:09 PM
this is just me wondering btw not pointing any fingers at anyone especiall not xAre or rouenRight. The reason I call it "backup" is because I can't moderate 24-7 and it gets a lot easier with more active mods.

But i stand my ground. If you are sensitive you have no reason modding a forum which is a stage for opinions and feedback from a war game with thie word "CHAOS" in it.Who's being sensitive here?
Those who cry out about admin abuse when they clearly break the rules...?

I vote we fire xAre and Rouen from modding ROC and do a new vote for real modsNot pointing any fingers I see?

I VOTE for pigsfoot:<3: and Kartel :<3:
No comment.

midnight_sun
5th August 2009, 09:19 PM
I VOTE for pigsfoot and Kartel

Now wouldn't that be fun, and damn xAre blowing me off, I am hurt offended even. aXre this is why you didn't get a Christmas card last year, keep it up and see if you get one this year.:wigglingeI

xAre
5th August 2009, 11:23 PM
If more people are going to keep posting "I support X and Y", make a thread in the spamforums about it.

aXre this is why you didn't get a Christmas card last year, keep it up and see if you get one this year.:wigglingeI

Who is this aXre person? And why didn't I get a christmas card last year :<

midnight_sun
6th August 2009, 11:45 AM
If more people are going to keep posting "I support X and Y", make a thread in the spamforums about it.

Who is this xAre person? And why didn't I get a christmas card last year :<

So your right, maybe thats why you didn't get it, it was adressed to the wrong person lol.

xAre
6th August 2009, 12:18 PM
So your right, maybe thats why you didn't get it, it was adressed to the wrong person lol.

Editing the quote to try to hide your typoes? Naughty.

midnight_sun
6th August 2009, 02:34 PM
I don't want to find the shuvel is all.

Custos
7th August 2009, 12:45 PM
who is sam? who is rouen? who is reconcilliation ?

i been here from start even remembered when fury asked us to help out with RoC. I dont know how the staff got chosen, is it based on activity in mirc? is it based on ingame activity? wot is it based on?

Personally i think fury should have the ultimate say his creation, even remembered y roc was created and that was down to venge pestering fury to do a rival game to koc and reason venge is involved as admin is cause of him pushing fury into creating this game.

In my eyes its up to fury if he wants to run his game in to the ground not for everyone else to just take charge and make the changes :S If Fury can not take responsibillity then he should sell HIS game or just let it die slowly.

i love fury and he knows that. i hear alot going around but its not up to the mods to save the game its up to fury to decide if he wants to save the game.

After hearing: Andy took control of the game for the good of the game i dont think he should of done its not his game to take control off his server yes his game no.

hmmm thinking bout this my post dont make much sense as im tired but there is a point there somewhere :p biatches xxx

xAre
7th August 2009, 12:55 PM
who is sam? He owns one of the IRC servers in the ROC network (AFAIK). Long time IRC user.

who is rouen? A GUA mod assigned to ROC.

who is reconcilliation ? He has been around for quite some time. Remember the fort images? His work.

I dont know how the staff got chosen, is it based on activity in mirc? is it based on ingame activity? wot is it based on?General community activity? No idea really.

M3J
7th August 2009, 01:26 PM
who is sam? who is rouen? who is reconcilliation ?
All three are nobodies. Recon is ingame mod, I think. Rouen is GUA mod. Sam hosts an IRC server.

i been here from start even remembered when fury asked us to help out with RoC. I dont know how the staff got chosen, is it based on activity in mirc? is it based on ingame activity? wot is it based on?
Staff gets chosen on trust, which basically is friends cuz they can be trusted. And it's also doing favors or whatever, like hosting a server or kinda being RoC mod or w/e. Those two definitely has a hand.
andy did it to save the game though, IMO it's justified as long as the intentions are good. fury and venge were basically MIA, the game was slowly dying.

andyt683
7th August 2009, 03:24 PM
It isn't so much a takeover as a custodianship. Even that's a bit of a stretch, as most of my decisions have been with input from Dennis.

Anyhow, my actions have had the intended effect, I may be lifting the lockout soon.

Jankster
7th August 2009, 03:30 PM
All three are nobodies. Recon is ingame mod, I think. Rouen is GUA mod. Sam hosts an IRC server.

Staff gets chosen on trust, which basically is friends cuz they can be trusted. And it's also doing favors or whatever, like hosting a server or kinda being RoC mod or w/e. Those two definitely has a hand.
andy did it to save the game though, IMO it's justified as long as the intentions are good. fury and venge were basically MIA, the game was slowly dying.

Staff gets chosen on trust
By who?

IMO it's justified as long as the intentions are good.
Who say that the intensions are good?

And why are NON players choosen?

iNTERNET
7th August 2009, 03:44 PM
nvm misread

rouen
7th August 2009, 06:46 PM

Not that this is the reason but it cant hurt, have you ever seen the accusations of bias fly around the RoC forums, KoC forums or IRC?

For those that care since there have been a lot of questions regarding who I am both here and IRC, I have been a member of this forum since virtually the beginning. I was one of the first mods for KoC and played the game until Age 3. During most of that time I was an administrator for GUA. When there obviously became too many issues I left for a bit and have since returned. I am currently moderating this forum and GUA's General Discussion. That puts me here on these forums and around the games for roughly six years or so.

Feel free to direct any more inquiries about myself toward me if you like. Despite what M3J suggests, we are not "nobodies".

Jankster
7th August 2009, 07:55 PM
Rouen I know you have been here since it all started, just like me.

Reason for my question:
Only Tap really play the game and knows whats going on!
rest of the "staff" dont play.

M3J
7th August 2009, 09:12 PM
It isn't so much a takeover as a custodianship. Even that's a bit of a stretch, as most of my decisions have been with input from Dennis.

Anyhow, my actions have had the intended effect, I may be lifting the lockout soon.
No need to lift the lockout just yet. A week plz? :s

Staff gets chosen on trust
By who?

IMO it's justified as long as the intentions are good.
Who say that the intensions are good?

By current staff members like Tapchou, vengie, and fury, I guess. Mostly Tapchou?
andy's intention was to revive the game. Isn't that good?

No idea. Cuz they contribute some behind the doors like snoop and Vivlady supposedly did?

Not that this is the reason but it cant hurt, have you ever seen the accusations of bias fly around the RoC forums, KoC forums or IRC?

For those that care since there have been a lot of questions regarding who I am both here and IRC, I have been a member of this forum since virtually the beginning. I was one of the first mods for KoC and played the game until Age 3. During most of that time I was an administrator for GUA. When there obviously became too many issues I left for a bit and have since returned. I am currently moderating this forum and GUA's General Discussion. That puts me here on these forums and around the games for roughly six years or so.

Feel free to direct any more inquiries about myself toward me if you like. Despite what M3J suggests, we are not "nobodies".

don't tell me you took my comment calling you "nobodies" seriously? D:

EpicFail
7th August 2009, 09:34 PM
Rouen from what i can see is a straight forward person that will tell it like it is. That is a good thing, just hope he doesn't end up xAre complex.

Back_Breaker
7th August 2009, 11:14 PM
Rouen has been a pretty fair copper in the years I've been here.
I don't see him catching megalomania any time soon.
:icon_laug

iKon_
7th August 2009, 11:43 PM
Rouen I know you have been here since it all started, just like me.

Reason for my question:
Only Tap really play the game and knows whats going on!
rest of the "staff" dont play.

complain when the admins do play, complain when they don't. Whats new? :P

midnight_sun
8th August 2009, 09:14 AM
Rouen is ok he is just lacking a sense of humor.

Jankster
9th August 2009, 02:30 AM
damm I hoped Rouen could learn xare humor.

midnight_sun
9th August 2009, 12:14 PM
Thats the thing xAre has said some funny things, but when I am aguing with him I can't say oh damn that was a good come back or that chit was funny.
Rouen on the other hand is as dry as grandmas toottoot, he needs to loosen up a bit.

xAre
9th August 2009, 05:51 PM
Forums

fury/Dennis
andyt683 (new)
Are-
rouen (new)
Tapchou (new)

Fix'd.