PDA

View Full Version : Music Rammstein

Van Dobben
6th September 2004, 06:03 AM
Well, I can proudly announce that I've got my greedy hands on 2 tickets to Rammstein (German Heavy/Industrial Metal band for the ignorant).

But that wasn't why I made this thread. I made this because I want to hear you're opinion about them. Personally, I'm a big fan. Mainly because of their lyrics. They really have something to say, in my humble opinion.

But tell me, what do you think of them?

pussinheels
6th September 2004, 06:34 AM
I love Rammstein (not in a lovey way, in a like... okay I am a fan of Rammstein). I like their music and the way they do lots of different kind of songs and not just the same all the time and although I can't understand it, I'm sure the words are erm... wordy and good. :)

Van Dobben
6th September 2004, 06:47 AM
Hmm. If you can't understand them, post here, and if I have time on my hands I will translate for you...

**DevilJIN**
6th September 2004, 07:35 AM
i got some songs of rammstein i like their music but ya its tough to understand the lyrics

Dynellen Unholy
6th September 2004, 07:46 AM
I´ve got one of their cds and it´s not a bad band. I liked ich vill or whatever that song name was.

Angry Panda
6th September 2004, 08:25 AM
I don't understand anything they say.

All i know is they can fucking rock.

AMEN!

Van Dobben
6th September 2004, 09:59 AM
Ich Will. You must have the album "Mutter" then (their latest). And about them nu being easy to undestand: LEARN SOME GERMAN !! (ease talking for me, since I get it as a subject in school...)

Touch_of_Death
6th September 2004, 10:22 AM
Hehe, Rammstein Rocks. German rock at its best there new song Mein Teil is the best for now, but that is a personal opinion.

penguinmaister
6th September 2004, 11:37 AM
I've heard a few of their songs, and I loved what I heard so Mutter is being shipped towards me as we speak.
Zwitter means hermaphrodite, that's the only translation I know.

Van Dobben
6th September 2004, 11:40 AM
Lol. And 'mutter' means mother. So you know what you are ordering :P

penguinmaister
6th September 2004, 11:52 AM
Oh good, and Nebel means fog also.
I like the song Hallejuhah, but to get my hands on that I have to order the Resident Evil soundstrack.
Which I do not intend to do.

Darkstar_
6th September 2004, 11:54 AM
i've listened to them a couple of times. I really like their hardcore sound too its good to just turn up when you are playing a gun or a fighting game. I still don't understand what they are saying so i can't word along with them.

Van Dobben
7th September 2004, 08:48 AM
Hardcore sound? They aren't in the 'hardcore' corner if you ask me... Explain please...

Dreamdemon
9th September 2004, 04:29 PM
Well,my brother has one or two albums of them,and i can say they're pretty good.
But,i mostly like the songs "Mutter" and "Sonne".However,like everyone else,i don't
understand the words either,although i am born in germany.(That's because i live in
Greece now)

seta
9th September 2004, 05:05 PM
They're ok, I like to listen to a few songs. Of course I researched before I got the songs :P .

Redtigerfang
9th September 2004, 07:58 PM
Yeah i like the band. on that one album where they spoke english for a few songs . well i thoughtthe songs sounded better with the german langugage lyrics. And i am american

Diablo King
9th September 2004, 09:56 PM
God you're lucky.
Rammstein are amazing, I'd love to go to one of their concerts.

Van Dobben
10th September 2004, 08:20 AM
Yup. I'm one lucky motherfucker :P Concert is November 5th in Ahoy, Rotterdam. I don't know if they have their tour will bring them near you too... (Don't think so, 'cause if I'm not mistaking it's a European tour...)

This will be the second time I watch them live :)

penguinmaister
10th September 2004, 09:49 AM
Hmmm..Europe you say??

Time to go check out the KC's event schedule for the next few months.

lenino
10th September 2004, 07:38 PM
I like Rammstein. Their songs are pretty original. The german helps them a lot to sound like more...mean.
Anyway, songs like du hast, or feuer frei(sp) are one of the most awesome songs from rammstein, in my opinion.

Seguro
11th September 2004, 06:48 AM
Well I can't say that I am into their meaningfull lyrics, because lyrics don't worth anything unless you have kick ass music.

Rammstein rocks, some people complain that their guitaring is repetitive, well... dude, guitarring is only a layer on most industrial bands. Some people say that their solos are crappy and easy, well those solos are powerful, you don't have to be fast to kick ass, you just need to send the right sound for the right emotion.

I think this band is in a big progress. Tough I think their first album is better than the second. Mutter pwns them all... and their new single kicks so much ass that their new album might be their best yet

i've listened to them a couple of times. I really like their hardcore sound too its good to just turn up when you are playing a gun or a fighting game. I still don't understand what they are saying so i can't word along with them.

ohhhhh tsk tsk tsk the kid never liked any other band in a foreing language... Of course you can word along... Parrots talk without knowing what they say, I'm sure you can do better than a parrot.

Van Dobben
11th September 2004, 12:23 PM
ohhhhh tsk tsk tsk the kid never liked any other band in a foreing language... Of course you can word along... Parrots talk without knowing what they say, I'm sure you can do better than a parrot.
Seguro: You are right about the parrot thing :p

You are also right about the solo part. As you said, being fast doens't make a solo good. It's the power and the emotion that comes out of it that makes the difference...

penguinmaister
11th September 2004, 12:58 PM
I've seen the members on a recent Kerrang interview, and one of them is dressed as a female!!!
I didn't know one of them was a transvestite.

Dari
11th September 2004, 01:30 PM
Rammstein is alright. I'm waiting to see if they're going to relase another album anytime soon. The only album I have is the one having Sonne, Rein Raus, Ich Will and a few others.

penguinmaister
11th September 2004, 01:32 PM
I think that's Mutter, but I'm not entirely sure.
Their new album Reise Reise is released on the 27th of Spetember in the UK(Not sure when anywhere else), to clear up the other thing you said.

Van Dobben
12th September 2004, 01:19 PM
I've seen the members on a recent Kerrang interview, and one of them is dressed as a female!!!

I didn't know one of them was a transvestite.

It probably was "Flake". He isn't a tranvestite, he is the one that gets 'ass-fucked' by Till (lead singer) when they perform 'Bück Dich'. It's just his/their way of making fun (grammer?)...

I think that's Mutter, but I'm not entirely sure.
I am. It is 'Mutter'.

Locke
12th September 2004, 04:06 PM
Rammstein sings about incest a lot, but they have a lot of talent. I have all of their CD's and I still listen to them quite often.

Van Dobben
13th September 2004, 03:33 AM
Rammstein sings about incest a lot, but they have a lot of talent. I have all of their CD's and I still listen to them quite often.Not true. They only sing about incest in one song (atleast, in the songs that I know). They only sing about incest in the song: 'Spiel mit mir'.

There is another song that is about incest: 'Tier'. But still, only 2 out of like 30 or 40.

amoe
15th September 2004, 11:53 AM
why do they sing in german with all respect for the german ppl but its the most awfull language i know.
Their music is more then oke but why that manguage why.
But anyway i lik to listen to them from time to time

Van Dobben
16th September 2004, 07:23 AM
They sing in German because German is their mother tongue. They are all German, so why wouldn't they sing in their native toungue?

WolfKrieger
17th September 2004, 05:37 AM
I really love rammstein! I think they are a very well balanced band and I mean their sound, the lyrics, Till's strong voice and even the fact that is singed in german, creates a unique atmosphere, featuring a unique and original band. I really worship these guys!
For the ones that don't make a clue about what those lyrics talk about, check this site in the lyric section:

http://www.almostrammstein.com/

Doctor Rock
17th September 2004, 06:41 AM
Rammstein is pretty cool, I once saw one of their concerts, cracked me up, I aint a fan, but I appreciate their music, or does that make me a fan? lol, anyway, they're good :)

Van Dobben
17th September 2004, 02:48 PM
Hmm. I don't know if that makes you a fan. Depends on how you define the word 'fan' :P.

I just can't wait untill the 5th of November :) Rammstein live, second time. And Floggin' Molly is opening the show as the support act :D.