PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Ricky91
8th July 2009, 03:40 AM
Personally I find it impressive how a game can go from 120k to 10k players, and the reason why is because it turned from a game, into grinding out how fast you can click for an extra soilder. At the least new players should somehow be told they can't get anywhere inless they commit hours upon hours clicking and trying to find officers to further improvement.

I played back when alliances such as SC and PR had private in alliance recruiters, a way to draw players in, so they could ultimately compete better, point being, they were restricted to of whom could use them and simply were not as good. This prevented Koc lagg problems.

Pure and simply slow down (limit amount of clicks per user not address, or have a max amount of morale) recruiters. Then BAM the "Buying morale" "10k feee morale for joining me" goes. Of course because it would be more meaningful to every user then.

The game would be more competative then, those who lead there alliances would have to rely more on there officers to actually help them in more ways than giving them half there army.

I'll ignore the issues with the human race as there is already a thread, but i'll just say it looks stupid.

Attack turns were more effective for numerous ways when it was a turn every half hour and attacking 15/15. They could be used for more things, sure its annoying when people attack you for 1 to see if you have a better SA than there DA, but thats the point of Kings of Chaos right?

Sabbing, pure and simply if for whatever reason I built a Lookout tower in real life I would be slightly disappointed if someone came along and knocked it down with a Nunchaku. Sentry is anti spy, currently large alliances could effectively kill of players because this silly sabbing rules/formula's, make sentry tools so they can't be sabbed, players could then build there army more constructively.

Again the idea of a Nunchaku being sabbed by a Nunchaku. I won't go there because providing the above was done it would make it more interesting.

I don't want to know if other players are online, keep it a mystery ;)

Revamp Fortifications/Siege, its ridiculous how players have already maxed them out. Suggesting reduce the money from X to X technology and throw in a few more upgrades to extend the cost and its effectiveness. (Said reduce the cost of the start technologys otherwise if it was doubled 3 times over Hand of God the cost would be silly)

If you are really brave you could actually make fortifications/siege actually have a effect other than %, maybe in terms of some performing better agaisnt types of weapons, or some causing more damage to weapons. It would make recon more worth it then.

With the purpose of doing above you could have a wider range of weapons, would make it all more tactical.

Training defence, attack, spy and sentry soilders, all great but its 9 ages old since anything changed? Add in different type of soilders, so some are better than others and obviously cost more. (Perform better in the way they get the most, if not more out of weapons)

So much can be done to the game, but to increase the players the grinding effect has to be removed/changed and its got to be more tactical aware.

I imagine many will disagree with the clicking suggestion, but to see players in the rankings next to you have a army 1/2k larger than yours instead of 50k would be more exciting in my opinion.

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/age4_final_stats.php

Look at how much closer the army sizes are even with the top players back then, even more so on page 2.

atti
8th July 2009, 06:19 AM
This can continue over here.

Trekie4ever
8th July 2009, 07:20 AM
Sabbing, pure and simply if for whatever reason I built a Lookout tower in real life I would be slightly disappointed if someone came along and knocked it down with a Nunchaku. Sentry is anti spy, currently large alliances could effectively kill of players because this silly sabbing rules/formula's, make sentry tools so they can't be sabbed, players could then build there army more constructively.

Again the idea of a Nunchaku being sabbed by a Nunchaku. I won't go there because providing the above was done it would make it more interesting.

I think that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard of about the game. Has anyone noticed this before? I sure didn't.

Overall, I agree with everything you said. The game has lost its focus and the only important factor has become clicking. If you can't click you can't play.

Edit: LVL UP W00T! 31 BABY!!

FinalShowtime
8th July 2009, 07:26 AM
I do agree with you.

I remember playig back then with much more actual ''things to do''. Like, if I wanted more gold, I just attacled for whatever amount I wanted, carefully reconning before. Now, if I want more gold, I will just click 20k morales and sell them. Where is the game? At least I am currently in an alliance that is very active and social so I can enjoy discussing with the members, but without that, KoC is not so much as a game as it used to be.

Tapchou
8th July 2009, 07:34 AM
Hm. You're not totally correct, the limit you can click in 24 hours is around 30,000. So KoC still has some limits so fury don't come over and click his little ass off and own you all.

~Tapchou

Ricky91
8th July 2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the support all. Another note, ive clicked towards 50k this age, it isn't as if im suggesting this to better my chances, I just see alot of potential in a game going to waste.

If I get some actual input from admin/mod who actually wants to improve the game and make it attractable to new players i'll go back over the topic and fill in the ideas.