PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the Numbers for Clicking

Phantomis
6th July 2009, 12:26 AM
I find it really hard to see the difference between 'h' and 'n', and sometimes 'g' and 's'... I'll admit, my vision is not that great, but the way the dotting works, sometimes it's just too hard to tell. I don't know when it changed to letters, but why not bring back the numbers? I find it much easier, and faster too, because I don't have to think about where numbers are on the keypad...

j1napa0
6th July 2009, 01:05 AM
i totally agree. clicking would be faster too if this was the case.

Tapchou
6th July 2009, 01:08 AM
I prefer letters to numbers - I use the letter keys on my keyboard more often then the number keys/pad.

I agree that a few look the same sometimes but that doesn't mean they should go back to numbers just because it's hard to see, I have already mentioned to Rocco to make the letters a tad more better to see, we'll see if he does anything.

i totally agree. clicking would be faster too if this was the case.

Depends. I prefer letters.

~Tapchou

Paradiso
6th July 2009, 01:12 AM
Letters are much faster for anyone who can type properly, and the way clicking is now will actually improve your typing. As for mistaking "n" and "h", numbers have that same problem with "1" and "7". Imo it's much worse in the latter case, so stick with letters.

Illumination-
6th July 2009, 01:48 AM
Letters are the way to go. I voted for letters.

Nightrafe
6th July 2009, 08:06 AM
when using a laptop or a keyboard without numpad it would take ages to click

it changed previous age to letters

Keneva
6th July 2009, 11:36 AM
What Paradiso said..... I confuse 1 and 7 more than I've confused any of the letters.

The letters are actually much quicker to type for me, especially when I'm on a laptop (which is 100% of the time now).

ThomasA
6th July 2009, 11:39 AM
I use a laptop and find number clicking quicker.

SnArF
6th July 2009, 01:54 PM
Letters are a lot easier....but maybe swap out some of the letters with things that don't look alike (n and h look a like, o and c sometimes depending on the dots may be questionable)

The letters e/x/v may work better than having both n and h....replace one of them...

IceSword
6th July 2009, 01:58 PM
Letters are a lot easier....but maybe swap out some of the letters with things that don't look alike (n and h look a like, o and c sometimes depending on the dots may be questionable)

The letters e/x/v may work better than having both n and h....replace one of them...

In case you didn't notice, the letters are "k,i,n,g, c,h,a,o,s", so it'd make no sense to change them. Besides, ppl should have got used to them by now.

Baigo
6th July 2009, 02:01 PM
The letters are bs. We need numbers back...

Shane-
6th July 2009, 02:05 PM
An option

Letters OR Numbers, Something YOU control yourself, an option box in command centre (or recruit page).

Shane

debar
6th July 2009, 02:54 PM
i get a bit used to the letters, but i still have not the speed i had with numpad.
so i would like to have the numpad back.

voted for people can choose
looks perfect solution for me

avalon
6th July 2009, 02:54 PM
I like the letters personally. 220 cpm ftw.

ThOrN-
6th July 2009, 03:14 PM
Im happy using letters because i use them more than numbers on a computer.

And do letters counteract clicking bots?..i may be wrong idk.

Anyway letters for me is easier and like keneva said the 7 and 1 thing drove me crazy. ^.~

DarthAndrew
6th July 2009, 06:18 PM
mmm a better option will be just remove all the tiny white points around the letters so you could look at the images without have to figure out if its h-n, or such, I dont understand the point behind make the clicking images hard to see.

A clear image that could show an H with all the rest of the image in black (without tiny white points all around the H) will be perfect, clicking is already annoying with missclicks and captchas

Shredmeister
6th July 2009, 10:56 PM
I personally like being able to use the letters... that way I can click on my laptop :D

I know a lot of people use laptops and if you got rid of the letters a lot of people wouldn't be able to click.

Make it an option to choose between letters and numbers, because I know some people prefer the numbers.

Quasar
7th July 2009, 05:27 AM
Letters is annoying for me, when I want to click fast, I only look at the screen, ever at the keyboard, and I often get H and G wrong lol

nagrach
7th July 2009, 06:30 AM
i like numbers :)

though what shane said may be the ebst opinion

Zynx
9th July 2009, 09:44 AM
It depends really, letters are betting on laptops but when im on pc and eating i cant click that well with letters with numbers i could eat and click at same time and fast but shanes idea is best :)

HungryMan
9th July 2009, 10:14 AM
numbers were way faster and easier. but to clear up conflict i would assume it to be just as easy to give the player the option of letters or number. they already have them made for both. just a simple "would you like to use numbers or letters today".....seems simple enough to make an entire community happy.

i recently started a little ROC play and noticed having my numbers back i can click close to like 300/minute while with this server issue and litters i click....1k an hour...not that low but you know what i am saying.

and while we are at it why not make it so you have to misclick 2 or 3 times in like 100 before you have to type a FREAKING SENTENCE (do they really need to be 30 letters long?!)

j1napa0
9th July 2009, 09:22 PM
it seems that people with laptop wanted letters and those using desktop with numpads prefer numbers. then we should just have an option, it shouldnt be hard? i hope they do something about it

SabbingfromAustralia
29th July 2009, 05:35 AM
I think the choice should be there to have either. End of story.

Trekie4ever
29th July 2009, 07:23 AM
Solution for laptops:

Don't buy flimsy 15.4" screens and get 17" and up :-p Then you get a nicer numpad too! Numbers FTW!! Or just get a USB/Wireless keyboard. I think that's a must for any laptop user.

I voted for no option because I think numbers let you click a lot faster, but I guess that would be selfish right? Regardless, it seems that the "letter people" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Letter_People) are winning, but, in a sense, no option and optioners can be combined.

You can't resize images???

Lopina
29th July 2009, 10:45 AM
Solution for desktops:

Don't buy flimsy 15.4" screens and get 17" and up :-p Then you get a nicer numpad too! Numbers FTW!! Or just get a USB/Wireless keyboard. I think that's a must for any laptop user.

If you will finance that, I'll be the 1st one to do it :D

Pauly_D
30th July 2009, 03:42 AM
1 and 7 was annoying but i hardly made any mistakes when clicking numbers
way too many of the letters are impossible to see. sometimes its just guesswork as to which letter it is. Either make the letters easier to read or go back to numbers

MFnBonsai
30th July 2009, 04:40 AM
get a piece of paper....

write the letters the same size as your keys on your keyboard and then cut them out and glue them suckers to your numpad....

Then you won't need numbers and after a lil clicking you won't even remember this thread....

debar
30th July 2009, 05:59 AM
View Poll Results: Should the Numpad be brought back for verifying clicking?
Yes, bring back the Numpad and get rid of the Letters 23 39.66%
No, keep the Letters. 21 36.21%
Yes, but give the option to use the Letters or the Numpad 14 24.14%

i dont think you can say that more people like it to stay as it is, you should add the two yes options, so then 37 people vote for change!!

i like the numpad back, but i voted for the third option, as i think this is better for all.

Bon, dont patronise
people who have a prob with real good use of all ten fingers to type, are setback too.....

boohoo
30th July 2009, 07:08 AM
So looks like its 37 to 21 for the numbers to come back if you count the optional votes for numbers. Is there away to program the number pad to do the letters? like 1=a, 2=c ect....Debar is right it takes far less fingers to click with the number pad.

fistsofthor
30th July 2009, 04:55 PM
as for confusion, of letters with each other and confusion of numbers with each other, those are about the same for each.

A 4 can look like a 9 and a 7 can look like a 1 (and vice versa) As for letters, using letters improves folks typing skills and doesnt screw players playing on a laptop, or without a working numpad.

I really like the recent switch to letters (its happened within the last few ages, thats recent enough)

h00man
20th September 2009, 12:31 AM
Boo letters I played koc old school(3-7) and I learned how to use the num pad that way. Not to mention I misclick every 10 clicks or so cause I can't tell what the letter is. As for improving typing skills idk. I can type 50-60 wpm which isn't fantastic, but above average I would think. I use my mouse much faster than typing letters for me. Does anyone else use mouse clicking letters over typing them ?

Grondahk
6th January 2010, 05:08 AM
when using a laptop or a keyboard without numpad it would take ages to click

I'll vouch for that.
Letters all the way, for me. (CPM: 193)
With numbers I'm lucky to get 150 CPM.

SabbingfromAustralia
6th January 2010, 05:56 AM
I'd prefer letters, especially if they chose letters that are not similar. Numbers in my opinion would be too slow, words etc are just ridiculous.

chemikills
9th January 2010, 12:10 AM
I'd be in favour for it to increase to all letters, turn clicking into typing practice so you actually get something out of it as well

KyleCias
10th January 2010, 06:27 AM
the game will be played by people with good vision and good keyboard skill... :(
If the numbers and numpad clicking come back again the game will get all the experienced players back.

it will be more interactive than any other text base game. :)

dohh
10th January 2010, 01:25 PM
Largely prefer the current letter system.

LordCounter
10th January 2010, 03:39 PM
they should do both lol

blazed420
10th January 2010, 05:21 PM
the game will be played by people with good vision and good keyboard skill... :(
If the numbers and numpad clicking come back again the game will get all the experienced players back.

it will be more interactive than any other text base game. :)

Just curious... how will numpad clicking bring back -experienced- players... doesn't make much sense.

powdered_donuts
10th January 2010, 06:04 PM
Just curious... how will numpad clicking bring back -experienced- players... doesn't make much sense.

My thoughts exactly.