PDA

View Full Version : Why is the forums dead :S

Kartel
23rd June 2009, 11:36 PM
Just for fun nothing serious. Or is it?

The forums recently is boring i dont even post mych anymore no real fighters talking on here just a bunch of below average players venting or boasing on behalf of people other than themself and its getting tiring.

I say the forums died when infactions were dished out by xARE like hot bread including the banning of much needed dramatic top rankers :P

What do you think?

1. did xARE kill the forums
2. Forums is boring because the game is boring
3. too many noobs talking crap on here

tiger45
23rd June 2009, 11:52 PM
I don't know much about Are...
But Your two last options are both right..

~tiger45

Bayern
23rd June 2009, 11:56 PM
i voted 1-2-3 :p all killed the forums

Phyrus
23rd June 2009, 11:57 PM
Moved to Spam forum.

- If this is indeed a joke, Spam forum is more appropriate.
- If this is serious, this thread on the factor of taking pot shots at xAre should not exist and should be dealt with via other methods.
- For the record, pig was not banned by xAre. Get your facts right.

This thread, if chosen to continue, will be closely monitored to make sure anything intended as a joke remains a joke.

SabSquad
23rd June 2009, 11:58 PM
Just for fun nothing serious. Or is it?

The forums recently is boring i dont even post mych anymore no real fighters talking on here just a bunch of below average players venting or boasing on behalf of people other than themself and its getting tiring.

I say the forums died when infactions were dished out by xARE like hot bread including the banning of much needed dramatic top rankers :P

What do you think?

Option 2 by faaar!

option 2 came around cuz of option 3. And now option 2 is causing option 3 again

ThOrN-
24th June 2009, 05:01 AM
Option 2 mainly...

Game pisses people of so they come here to whine. :)

trebach
24th June 2009, 08:37 AM
Oddly enough, the people in Misc forum were wondering about the same within the last 2 weeks.

JunkMail
24th June 2009, 08:49 AM

1pt for all three!!!!

Trekie4ever
24th June 2009, 09:44 AM
Definately the n00bz...

Like SabSquad and Back_Breaker

SabSquad
24th June 2009, 10:22 AM
Definately the n00bz...

Like SabSquad and Back_Breaker

fwahahaha get a grip

after you had a run-in with that cake i thought you would be smarter

xAre
24th June 2009, 11:13 AM
They call me the forum slayer.

Trekie4ever
24th June 2009, 11:25 AM
fwahahaha get a grip

after you had a run-in with that cake i thought you would be smarter

SHOW IN MY LOGZ!!

Rofl :laughing:

Back_Breaker
24th June 2009, 11:42 AM
Ah, I can feel the love in the air. :kiss:

SabSquad
24th June 2009, 12:55 PM
SHOW IN MY LOGZ!!

Rofl :laughing:

looollsss :D good one

R1DD1CK
24th June 2009, 01:48 PM
Option 4: All the fun people have been banned!!!

ThOrN-
24th June 2009, 01:50 PM
Option 5 : It was ALL riddicks fault. :)

Trekie4ever
24th June 2009, 03:11 PM
Ah, I can feel the love in the air. :kiss:

I know right? It's like the lion king

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkGDrV_2ehI

Clam-
24th June 2009, 04:10 PM
Moved to Spam forum.

- If this is indeed a joke, Spam forum is more appropriate.
- If this is serious, this thread on the factor of taking pot shots at xAre should not exist and should be dealt with via other methods.
- For the record, pig was not banned by xAre. Get your facts right.

This thread, if chosen to continue, will be closely monitored to make sure anything intended as a joke remains a joke.

pigsfoot was banned by Carnage himself, right?
And because of what? xAre was giving him infractions like nuts and Carnage involves, of course, on xAre's side. It was quite obvious he'd get a perm ban.

I voted all 3. I like Are- in general, but don't like his actions @ GUA.

Trekie4ever
24th June 2009, 04:29 PM
And because of what? xAre was giving him infractions like nuts and Carnage involves, of course, on xAre's side. It was quite obvious he'd get a perm ban.

Dude wtf! Topic was changed to Love and Lions! The reason why the forum is dead is cause of lame topics like this where everyone has a stick up their

WHO HAHS!>!>! HAHAHAHA :-p

Somebody back me up!
Ohi'mbube

OHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HE HE HE! OH-HI'MMM-BU-BE

R1DD1CK
24th June 2009, 04:41 PM
/Welcomes back Pig :]

Phyrus
24th June 2009, 05:09 PM

On the complete contrary, he had no regard for forum rules and continued to harass staff, including at least 1 admin.

Clam-, don't comment on what you can't see, so quit while you're ahead.

R1DD1CK
24th June 2009, 05:19 PM
Option 5 : It was ALL riddicks fault. :)

I admit partial responsibility >_>

Why the fook don't I get told off more often?

I'd rather I was punished than those I like :(

xAre
24th June 2009, 05:33 PM
/Welcomes back Pig :]

He is back now, what?

R1DD1CK
24th June 2009, 05:37 PM
He is back now, what?

LoL I was expecting a "Now what?" Rather that a What?!!!!

HE CAN READ IT BUT HE CANNY POST? what GIVES?

Than did I discan with my warmeth breath, and me to hither with my emplor!!!
of this forum!

Ah meanest is though my smallish grub. though art but a shell of those that embrace your warm bosom!

Tis as of now "
R1DD1CK (http://www.giveupalready.com/member.php?u=5546)*+, kavallier (http://www.giveupalready.com/member.php?u=27850), M3J (http://www.giveupalready.com/member.php?u=30586), Palandrome" (http://www.giveupalready.com/member.php?u=25992)

Not well does it look my beamish friend?

Back_Breaker
24th June 2009, 06:27 PM
On the complete contrary, he had no regard for forum rules and continued to harass staff, including at least 1 admin.

Clam-, don't comment on what you can't see, so quit while you're ahead.

See, now THIS shows how anal you are, tightrox.
Ban me too, I don't give a fuck.

:oh my gawd, he broke the ruwells!!! Naughty boi! Lets ban you, so that nobody EVER questions the weight of my rox!!!

Are you THAT phukking self-centered that you don't realize how rediculous all this sounds???

The rules are there for a reason, yes.
DO THE RULES GET BENT???
YES!!
CONSTANTLY!!!
Who suffers when they DON"T get bent?
The ones that speak up. The ones that dare to cross the line, and say HEY!!! THIS AIN'T PHUKKING RIGHT!!! NO MATTER IF THIS PISSES A MOD OFF, THIS JUST AIN'T PHUKKING RIGHT!!!
Those that reach that point, get banned.

i think y'all here at GuA need to get a grip.
This is a hostile game.
Emotions get involved, albeit that it's stupid.
If a member that's been here for YEARS can't get a little slack when he's in a pissed off mood, than I don't know why the hell you even bother hosting a forum for these types of games.

R1DD1CK
24th June 2009, 06:34 PM
Back breaker Funk off!

Dont get yourself banned you twit!

Stupid es goon!

kavallier
24th June 2009, 07:23 PM
beep

SabSquad
25th June 2009, 12:09 AM
i think y'all here at GuA need to get a grip.
This is a hostile game.
Emotions get involved, albeit that it's stupid.
If a member that's been here for YEARS can't get a little slack when he's in a pissed off mood, than I don't know why the hell you even bother hosting a forum for these types of games.

not that im happy that your banned

but in my defense, it was your wining as that complained about my pm and wargame hostility with your mr adult words

so..

midnight_sun
25th June 2009, 07:04 AM
The funny thing about all of this is by the time it's all over with there won't be many people left here to monitor. Granted I don't think that would bother the mods and admins as they have other forums to monitor but maybe that's what they want less work, I don't think they get payed for this it's not like you have to fill out a application or anything.
As you can tell I am trying to be very careful and docile my last account that I had for 4-5 years was deleted because I sent a PM questioning a mods or two integrity. Well not just because of that I had infractions and a warning to be fair not that I deserved all of those either but let me get to my point I was told to PM the mod if I had a problem with them not on a open thread. Ok but that doesn't work either because you can't question them no matter what you say or any points you bring up if they say you are wrong then you are wrong. This is where it deteriorates because my personality ??? I'll go down swinging especially if I feel you are being a bully, and some of the moderating has been heavy handed,bias and bullying
In my opinion thats why the forums are dead if you come to a place for community yet your not allowed to speak your mind then sooner or later no one will come, some times power courpts the untrained mind.

SabSquad
25th June 2009, 09:36 AM
The funny thing about all of this is by the time it's all over with there won't be many people left here to monitor.

i agree with you midnight_cake

"in the end there can be only one" (xAre?) ;) yeah well, he'll not quit or leave, hes the mod

but i disagree that you call this the reason why forums are dead. Okej, some dudes got major riot wit xare, and got FSK'd to dust and banned eventually

i strongly believe that forum slowness is due to roc slowness, alot of people left bc of boredom

drowning in boredom is what we do the most

plus for a great part its just in your heads, its the like the financial crisis, people keep their wallets closed too

some people left, and already demotivated large numbers of players

for real

please, fix me a good roc age, me wants to be even more active, me wants to wargame on me computer and sabbie mi enemies! :)

Elfentech
26th June 2009, 08:58 PM
If you banned Midnight_Sun and Back_Breaker, you also should ban Sab_Squad !!
I wont state if both deserved to be banned, or just infracted, but as long as I dont come much on here because of them three spamming everywhere on everything, please, do me a favor and calm this guy down by banning him too!

Just a simple request ...

R1DD1CK
27th June 2009, 02:51 AM
I wont state if both deserved to be banned, or just infracted, but as long as I dont come much on here because of them three spamming everywhere on everything, please, do me a favor and calm this guy down by banning him too!

I will grant you your wish if you grant me mine :)

Odd word don't you think.

SabSquad
27th June 2009, 03:01 AM

lame lame and lame

who gives you the right to say that, dunno why BB and midnight were really banned, but i guess it was scolding and strong curse words against the mods

i've got alot of infrations, but its hypocritical to ban for talking strongly about roc