PDA

View Full Version : Forums...noob modding???

Kartel
15th March 2009, 03:10 PM
Definition of Forums:

The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
A public meeting place for open discussion.
A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.
A court of law; a tribunal.

This is a forums for goodness sake not a power hungry trip. they are trying so hard to hold the aristocratic demeanor that KOC admins held that they do not realize they are mimicking. Get out of it. Controversy sells. Communism and dictatorships are not lucrative. Let ppl speak their mind and say what they have to say with little inventervention. Banning pigsfoot was a mistake. Closing threads because it is boderline breaking the rules is dumb.

People reserve the right to be crative on the forums and use their inteligence to untilize the forums.

Most importantly the Forums whould be an open stage to air views and concerns in the game. GTA is a major concern of both admins and players alike. When xARE closed a thread which had no cheating accusations that is down right noob modding.

I dont agree Tap broke any rules but however I beleive if RF and others were so pissed that they threatened to leave the game. Then this is a discussion worthy of forum acceptance. Why close the thread. You should use your descretion, do not close the thread but carefully monitor it to ensure that the rules are not being broken.

Neither of these threads initial post made by the thread starters were in violation of the rules. Go read them again. This is an outrage when ppl cannot be allowed to express themself and this dictatorship itself is worthy of public discussion

And here it is.....

rabbitohs
15th March 2009, 04:08 PM
Why does society have rules then? It prevents chaos.

Without Rules in GUA, it would be constant flaming.

I am happy with the ammount of work Are does as a mod here
[/suck up] :P

Kartel
15th March 2009, 04:14 PM
Why does society have rules then? It prevents chaos.

Without Rules in GUA, it would be constant flaming.

I am happy with the ammount of work Are does as a mod here
[/suck up] :P

read what i said again and dont suck up this time. I agree with rules but the rules were not broken. Are did a noob job inclosing threads because they are controversial and as a result the forums are getting BORING.

Use the rules to govern the boards, not to kill it

rabbitohs
15th March 2009, 04:21 PM
The suck up was a joke. You know, Funny, haha.

Also a dictatorship would be more like before your post is sent in, someone reads it and if there is somthing wrong with it, its not posted. Also you wouldnt get banned, you'd be exicuted.

ThOrN-
15th March 2009, 04:26 PM
Takes Kartel's sour grapes*

there there, it'll all be ok. =p

xAre
15th March 2009, 04:35 PM
Definition of Forums:
This is a forums for goodness sake not a power hungry trip. they are trying so hard to hold the aristocratic demeanor that KOC admins held that they do not realize they are mimicking. Get out of it. Controversy sells.

Communism and dictatorships are not lucrative. Let ppl speak their mind and say what they have to say with little inventervention.
I never intervene unless the rules are broken.

Banning pigsfoot was a mistake.
A mistake? He went over the line more than 5 times per account, which is the limit, before he got banned. Its not my fault he calmed down at any time.

Closing threads because it is boderline breaking the rules is dumb.
Most of the "borderline" cases have been borderline on more or less everything that warrants an infraction/warning.

People reserve the right to be crative on the forums and use their inteligence to untilize the forums.
Go ahead, as long as you follow the rules. In fact, the rules are there to make it possible, as without any rules you know it wouldn't happen.

Most importantly the Forums whould be an open stage to air views and concerns in the game. GTA is a major concern of both admins and players alike. When xARE closed a thread which had no cheating accusations that is down right noob modding.
The thread was basically calling out to the community to get a player banned. Even when, as you said, the admins found nothing wrong with the account.

I dont agree Tap broke any rules but however I beleive if RF and others were so pissed that they threatened to leave the game. Then this is a discussion worthy of forum acceptance. Why close the thread.[/QUOTE]

Let me quote a few of the reasons I closed the thread.
-The thread title, "Tapchou? Corrupt as fuck?". Drop the two later words, and suddenly its acceptable.
-"2nd time he fucks up RoC?". Word it differently, seriously. The thread was already on thin ice before this, more cursing doesn't help.
-"Oh, before Are comes in and closes the thread"; He knew it would be closed. He knew it, yet he still posted it.
-The fact that a thread such as that just becomes a flamefest growing in size for every day its open.

You should use your descretion, do not close the thread but carefully monitor it to ensure that the rules are not being broken.
...right. Lets nevermind the fact that I am a school student in his gravitational year, of course I should leave flamefest threads open and go through each and every new post the second they come instead of just closing it before it happens. Lets ignore another fact too, the longer I'd have left that thread open the more warnings and infractions I would have given out, which equals more bans happening. And we've all seen how the community reacts to bans before... In fact, you aren't pretty happy with the bans of pigsfoot and his accounts, even though he was given more than his fair share of chances. Had it stayed open it wouldn't have just been pigsfoot you would have been defending, it would have been pigsfoot & x & y & z.

Neither of these threads initial post made by the thread starters were in violation of the rules. Go read them again. This is an outrage when ppl cannot be allowed to express themself and this dictatorship itself is worthy of public discussion

And here it is.....

Both threads were the type of threads that generally attracts huge amounts of flaming, and no, the original posts themselves weren't as pure as you say they are.

People are allowed to express themselves, just keep it within the rules.

Kartel
15th March 2009, 04:35 PM
Takes Kartel's sour grapes*

there there, it'll all be ok. =p

You are so boring and dumb you cannot even see the big picture. I saw when the TAP thread was closed. It was not made by me but by RF who I have warred every age since. Note I also totally disagree with their claim

But disagreeing with them will not make me a bias noob. They should be allowed to speak their mind and dispute the issue on the forums. Flaming posts on he thread should be modded, but the threads should be allowed to generate conversation.

If this is not addressed tomorrow it will be one of your concerns that will be shut close. then you will sing a different song :icon_laug

Both threads were the type of threads that generally attracts huge amounts of flaming, and no, the original posts themselves weren't as pure as you say they are.

People are allowed to express themselves, just keep it within the rules.

Then are if you are incapable of modding a controversial thread you should either have usefull assistance or you should give up the post. None of our limmitations should limmit the progress of ROC or its public forums.

xAre
15th March 2009, 04:40 PM
Flaming posts on he thread should be modded, but the threads should be allowed to generate conversation.

So you want the flaming posts to be moderated, you want the flamers to not get banned(i.e; pigsfoot) and you want the flame attracting threads to stay open.

Then are if you are incapable of modding a controversial thread you should either have usefull assistance or you should give up the post. None of our limmitations should limmit the progress of ROC or its public forums.

I tired that approach. Know where that went? Posts like this one (http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1245889&postcount=1) includes "Banning pigsfoot was a mistake.", because I banned the people flaming instead of closing the threads that I knew would lead to loads and loads of flaming posts.

Kartel
15th March 2009, 04:47 PM
So you want the flaming posts to be moderated, you want the flamers to not get banned(i.e; pigsfoot) and you want the flame attracting threads to stay open.

Thats was always the case. Let the controversial threads remain just delete the flaming posts within these threads. Thats modding isnt it? Why should you burn the court house because its used by currupt lawyers. OR the townhall becaus it is used by currupted politions. The stage is set let ppl speak and continue to expand the stage.

Look around the forums is plain boring. Make it exciting again :evilimu: I know you can. Have more confidence in ur abilities and let ppl speak

xAre
15th March 2009, 04:53 PM
Thats was always the case. Let the controversial threads remain just delete the flaming posts within these threads. Thats modding isnt it?
Delete and warn/infract the users, sure.
Works well until someone has a total of 5, and people bitch about said person getting banned.

Just delete the posts and ignore warning? No. Doesn't work like that.

Why should you burn the court house because its used by currupt lawyers. OR the townhall becaus it is used by currupted politions.

Thats not exactly a fitting metaphor. Its more like a teacher stopping a debate in class that he/she knows will lead to everyone just yelling at eachother or just in general piss people off.
Or the head of a newspaper preventing a story from being printed due to the same reasons.

Doggy21
15th March 2009, 04:57 PM
Can't believe people spend this much time on a stupid forum replying to morons, about what people on the other side of the world think about the irrelevant acts of some nobody in a text-based game.

Can't believe some people are willing to read, let alone MOD these forums.

Just play the damn game, honestly.

ThOrN-
15th March 2009, 05:04 PM
Lol Im "boring and dumb."

I don't feel the need to go on a forum and criticize the mods for some attention when they do a perfectly good job to keep everything running.

If a thread gets closed deal with it. It was for a reason. Whine whine whine whine whine...

Crazik
15th March 2009, 05:23 PM
Kartel is right, stop closing interesting threads.

vengefuldeath87
15th March 2009, 05:44 PM
closed, so sue me if you want :p