PDA

View Full Version : Game Features - Age 2

vengefuldeath87
20th February 2009, 03:11 PM
Below are the feature suggestions which will be looked at from the last thread. We are not promising to implement them, but this is what we think could work.

Change UP
Easier Upgrades
Better mobile interface
Bulletin stats/management
Personal stats/profile
Merc balance changes
last attacked BF notification
fix armoury autofill system
recruiter watchlist
finish buddy list

more to come as i can be bothered :p

INFERNO.
20th February 2009, 08:40 PM
; )

xAre
20th February 2009, 08:42 PM
Change UP so it doesn't make a huge difference now.
Seriously, the old system was fine, with ~22k/day.
I don't mind ~30k, but 100k is too high.

MetalVixxen
20th February 2009, 08:49 PM
I like the idea of Last BF attack notification.
I hate going through pages of attack logs just to see when was the last time I attacked someone!

L3K3
20th February 2009, 08:50 PM
Change UP so it doesn't make a huge difference now.
Seriously, the old system was fine, with ~22k/day.
I don't mind ~30k, but 100k is too high.

Agreed about the 100k, tho 60k would'nt be at that bad either as an Up limit..

The last attacked BF notification is a great idea to me..

Age2 changes sounds really good :)

fury
20th February 2009, 09:05 PM
Also in the works:

Refined interface
Additional bonus for bringing in clicks/players from outside the game
Simpler weapon strengths/prices, shorter weapon list
Simpler home page
Simpler recruit link
Simpler sign-up process

Possibilities:

XML equivalents for every page to provide easier GreaseMonkeying and API
Additional alliance interaction (War, Ally, Target List)
Customizable base page

iNTERNET
20th February 2009, 09:24 PM
Also in the works:

Refined interface
Simpler home page
Simpler recruit link
Simpler sign-up process

Possibilities:

Customizable base page

me like

MetalVixxen
20th February 2009, 09:26 PM
Customizable base page
Does this mean the use of avatars??
That would be cool beans :D

stonewall
20th February 2009, 10:52 PM
how about adding to the alliance features at least to where admins can send alliance bulletins . if it has to be a premium feature it would be worth it How much would it cost to have it added to all alliances ?

xAre
20th February 2009, 11:04 PM
Also in the works:

Refined interface
More details?

Multi heaven.

Simpler home page
Simpler recruit link
Simpler sign-up process

Falling into the KOC trap I see?

According to venge more api stuff has been on his "todo-list" for quite some time. Good to see another admin talking about it, and on GUA instead of IRC.

Sounds good.

Customizable base page
Define customizable?
Customizable userpages can be gold if done right, but pure crap if done wrong.

MetalVixxen
21st February 2009, 06:57 AM
how about adding to the alliance features at least to where admins can send alliance bulletins . if it has to be a premium feature it would be worth it How much would it cost to have it added to all alliances ?

But admins can now send alliance bulletins :) and it's absolutely free :P

Elfentech
21st February 2009, 11:01 AM
Easier Upgrades
Personal stats/profile

Could those two ones be explained ?
The last is already implemented, no ?

I completely agree!
This one turn to do everything is a pure crap.

fury
21st February 2009, 11:18 AM
More details?

Touching up every page to get a better look at the important stuff

Multi heaven.

Nope, I'm actually going to do it right

Define customizable?
Customizable userpages can be gold if done right, but pure crap if done wrong.

Set which info you want to appear on the base

fury
21st February 2009, 11:21 AM
Could those two ones be explained ?
The last is already implemented, no ?

Upgrade pricing is adjusted, less odd numbers. Covert upgrades are now based on 10,000 instead of 12,000. Unit production upgrades don't have that weird wonky pricing at the start

I completely agree!
This one turn to do everything is a pure crap.

It isn't going to be one turn to do everything. That's dumb.

xAre
21st February 2009, 01:08 PM

Good luck :p

R1DD1CK
21st February 2009, 02:09 PM
Loosing most of the graphics on the mobile interface would be cool as it takes a while to load and time cost money when playing via mobile.
I played prolly 1/3 of my time via mobile (hence the shit rank)
So If this would save me money I'd have more to spend on your premium services :D

rabbitohs
21st February 2009, 11:53 PM
Whoo turn my RoC Page into a Myspace!!

JunkMail
22nd February 2009, 09:32 AM
I got the 100k UP now and well .......... so I had to sell everything for it and was farmed for a week after but I hate clicking so i just had to have it.

if you want to change it for next age then can you please tell us so and not screw the guy who buys it and finds out it was not 100k :D or just leave it :p too many changes so fast age after age and you start to find yourself acting like KoC. OMG just look how bad KoC is now after they made all the changes that the players wanted. Please RoC don't make the same mistakes.

SonataArctica
22nd February 2009, 09:08 PM
umm just to stick it out there:

the UP is failed not because there IS a 100k UP, imo, but because of how fast/cheap it is to get.

they jump too much and become too worthwhile, too fast.

after the 22k, it should raise steadily, while still doubling in price.

possible examples:

22k-28k-35k-50k-75k-100k

20k (instead of 19k or 22k)-25k-30k-40k-60k-80k-100k

reason: its possible to get, but MUCH more costly, making it less of a thing to HAVE to jump on to keep up. MAYBE no1 will ever think it to be worthwhile, but its better than being so cheap that no1 ever has to click again to keep a lead.

do what u will, we'll give ya feedback. maybe u guys could brainstorm a few possible lists of upgrades, and then let us vote on what we agree with the most to make sure more ppl are ok with it?

unlimited
23rd February 2009, 10:27 AM
Three things:

1) Weapons:

Change the weapon strength of the Anvil and Iron Suit to 3,200 from 2,560

This is the gold/SA ratio of each weapon, factoring in the 1,000 cost for training and not (Note analogous versions for DA weapons)

Dagger: 13.70/8.62
Stone: 11.38/9.18
Bone: 9.98/9.52
Flail: 9.44/9.88
Maul: 8.72/10.28
Boulder: 10.21/12.51
Anvil: 14.15/17.58 (11.32/14.07 after change)
Dragon Blade:13.30/16.60

If you get rid of weapons, get rid of the Stone and Bone (and analogies), although I like the weapon diversification the way it is. Different names for the same weapons for different races would be cool, however.

2) Unit Production:

Change the higher level UP to this progression (Keep lower levels):

Academy: 20,000 (1.6 billion) - increase of 4,000 (14 days payback)
State: 25,000 (3.2 billion) - increase of 5,000 (19 days)
Castle: 35,000 (6.4 billion) - increase of 10,000 (19 days)
Kingdom: 50,000 (12.8 billion) - increase of 15,000 (22 days)
Empire: 70,000 (25.6 billion) - increase of 20,000 (27 days)
Underworld: 100,000 (51.2 billion) - increase of 30,000 (32 days)

Current upgrades have 14/19/27/14/19/19/40 day paybacks for each successive upgrade (14 days for City, 19 for Academy)... I think this one would make more sense.

3) Covert Levels

Proposed Covert Levels and Costs for 750x to 1000x (The names can be changed, "Mines" is a sucky one, I know - and yeah, SonataArctica came up with most of them, which I stole :P)

Mines (700x) - 98,304,000 Gold
Invisibility Cloaks (750x) - 196,608,000 Gold
Wizards (800x) - 393,216,000 Gold
Palantirs (850x) - 786,432,000 Gold
Wraiths (900x) - 1,572,864,000 Gold
Pact with the Devil (950x) - 3,145,728,000 Gold
Ninjas (1000x) - 6,291,456,000 Gold

xAre
23rd February 2009, 12:44 PM
The current changes for age2 looks promising from what I've read here after your clarifications fury.

fury
23rd February 2009, 06:28 PM
The current prices/strengths are still up in the air, but I wanted to share the concepts I'm working from now to give you a general idea

The covert upgrades have traditionally finished out so quickly because we didn't want there to be a situation where the top players go straight after the covert upgrades (which increase your sab damage as well as make it comparatively easier to sab enemies with lower levels) who then proceed to beat down anybody else who doesn't have the income to keep upgrading and upgrading and upgrading. However, that said, there is another covert level upgrade, and the pricing of covert upgrades overall has been reduced slightly.

I took this approach with the unit production when I revamped it. Now, the top level is similarly reachable, and yet provides sensible number of soldiers per day. This will allow people who rely on unit production to still get to play the game while not ruining it for the clickers.

The fortification upgrades now take the place of the massive mountain of prices to climb, so that there is still always something you can upgrade. (at least, until somebody manages to get 20m TFF, builds up gold for a day or two, and finds out what it is)

MetalVixxen
23rd February 2009, 08:14 PM
Are .. can you delete the post above mine please? The one by narutorules7777

xAre
23rd February 2009, 08:21 PM
Are .. can you delete the post above mine please? The one by narutorules7777

Done and banned.

SonataArctica
23rd February 2009, 09:14 PM
I got the 100k UP now and well .......... so I had to sell everything for it and was farmed for a week after but I hate clicking so i just had to have it.

if you want to change it for next age then can you please tell us so and not screw the guy who buys it and finds out it was not 100k :D or just leave it :p too many changes so fast age after age and you start to find yourself acting like KoC. OMG just look how bad KoC is now after they made all the changes that the players wanted. Please RoC don't make the same mistakes.

i think the next upgrade should be in ( ) next to the cost. no test subjects required. especially since it starts off as a pattern and breaks. every other upgrade is consistent, and even shows the amount of increase of stats. why not?

incomer
25th February 2009, 09:14 AM
well I think it would be good to have a % or a random amount of covert force killed when attacked since couldnt do much to those sab accounts .... just my opinion about it :P

Checkman
25th February 2009, 10:30 AM
Set which info you want to appear on the base

I barked on a few ages ago in KoC forums hoping that this would be done, something similar to a Google style portal, they never listened then, I hope that you do something that is very flexible fury, I know that whatever you do you will listen to what we say, usability is key and if you need any help in testing what you do, would be more than happy to help, we work with portals in the software that we sell in RL.

Cheers

Elfie

R1DD1CK
26th February 2009, 08:24 AM
Hmm.. Bout time PPL with big UP and tonnes of merc's started loosing some of them when attacked.

Your army report:
11,056 of your army are trained to attack
0 of your army are untrained

You arm 8,918 of your trained fighters, leaving 2,138 weaponless
8,196 are given Iron Jackets
722 are given Legend Shields
You arm all of your 0 untrained fighters
0 are given Iron Jackets
0 are given Legend Shields
Your target's report:
The enemy arms 572,100 trained fighters, leaving 158,651 weaponless The enemy arms 0 untrained fighters, leaving 2,957 weaponless
Your army defends!

48 Legend Shields were sabotaged
Your troops inflict 382,369,744 defense strength, killing 2,733 enemy troops!
zeesh (http://www.ruinsofchaos.com/stats.php?id=416)'s troops inflict 322,681,464 damage on your army, killing 34 troops!
34 Trained Defense Soldiers were killed in action.

Collateral damage report.
56 Sentries were also killed
46 spies were caught up in the fracas and went missing in action.
Your generals report on your weapon damage: Iron Jackets All were used
None were found to be sabotaged

Vredesbyrd
1st March 2009, 08:06 AM
Where the hell is the info about attack/defending dmg being random now?
This is starting to suck!

Target before hit : Defense 5,064,203,120
me after hit : Strike 5,141,700,644

Your troops inflict 5,035,808,709 attack strength, killing 1,069 enemy troops!

xxxxxxx's troops inflict 5,086,485,614 damage on your army, killing 5,500 troops!

ChaosInfernal11
1st March 2009, 08:40 AM
UP (what everyone else said)... perhaps a 40k-50k max, with something like: 20,000, 25,000, 32,000, 40,000, then 50,000?

More covert levels would always be nice lol

And some minor stuff that's already been mentioned by several people.

SonataArctica
2nd March 2009, 11:20 AM
i wanna see spy having a similar or possibly greater success rate at getting sabatoged than strike. it makes sense for sentry tools to be difficult to sab (seeing as how they are using those tools to keep u from sabbing anyway) but nothing else should be any more or less difficult than other equipment.

the only difference is that...torches should be kind of easy to break IMO...guard dogs nearly impossible....unless u like break their necks/legs without them crying out?? one of the mysteries of RoC lol.

unlimited
2nd March 2009, 10:13 PM
Where the hell is the info about attack/defending dmg being random now?
This is starting to suck!

Target before hit : Defense 5,064,203,120
me after hit : Strike 5,141,700,644

Your troops inflict 5,035,808,709 attack strength, killing 1,069 enemy troops!

xxxxxxx's troops inflict 5,086,485,614 damage on your army, killing 5,500 troops!

I think it's always been random... just the gold stolen is not, unlike KoC

rabbitohs
2nd March 2009, 11:29 PM
the only difference is that...torches should be kind of easy to break IMO...guard dogs nearly impossible....unless u like break their necks/legs without them crying out?? one of the mysteries of RoC lol.

Thats why we should put the BPM into RoC!

RichOahu_ES
2nd March 2009, 11:48 PM
I think it's always been random... just the gold stolen is not, unlike KoC

+/- 10% still yeah?

sinhart
3rd March 2009, 08:48 PM
I believe covert losses will go a long way in controlling pure spy accounts.
Much better idea than the "Singles & Doubles" system.
Thank You!

rabbitohs
8th March 2009, 05:04 AM
Ive always wanted to see my alliance under the send cc's page.
You can see your officers only, but an option to view the whole alliances current held cc's and clicks would be handy.

Also can we see how much gold ive stolen in 24 hrs?
You can ask your commander, but thats a hassel.

freekstyler
13th March 2009, 10:14 AM
rabbitohs here is a little tip...

START --> All programs --> accessories --> Calculator...

lol ppl are getting soo lazy... while fury is making this change for you... why not just add in an auto attacker... then you dont even have to actually attack them :D

-.-

xAre
14th March 2009, 01:48 PM
rabbitohs here is a little tip...

START --> All programs --> accessories --> Calculator...

lol ppl are getting soo lazy... while fury is making this change for you... why not just add in an auto attacker... then you dont even have to actually attack them :D

-.-

When its already getting calculated elsewere it might as well be output somewere else =p.

rabbitohs
20th March 2009, 04:49 PM
What about the implimentation, towards the end of the age, of a lowest growth or highest negative growth page to the top stats page.

Softail
24th March 2009, 05:41 PM
well I think it would be good to have a % or a random amount of covert force killed when attacked since couldnt do much to those sab accounts .... just my opinion about it :P

I too think this to be a good idea. There has to be a way to battle against a sab account and farming it is not the way.

KyleCias
24th March 2009, 06:20 PM
well i have some few ideas.

*Instead of ALLsab we can have a total sab damage calculated for each players on their command center.

*settings where we choose colors in battlefield for enemy, farm, allies and officers.

*instead of having huge UPs we can have global draws for credits (where people have to give % credits to the server and the server randomly picks a winner / also only people who participates.)

*i dunno, keep this age for few months longer. because its going really good with WARs and clan bashing.

:whatgives

rabbitohs
25th March 2009, 12:28 AM
Instead of ALLsab we can have a total sab damage calculated for each players on their command center
I think it was Fury that mentioned this somewhere else, It would take a long time to calculate. Especially a someone who had done alot of sab missions.

also only people who participates
You mean I have to work? :(

It should be depending on the ammount of CC's you put in, you have a certain chance of winning. So you add 10 ccs into the pool of 1000 ccs, you have a 1/100 chance of winning.

However, thats gambelling and then you would have to be over the legal age in whatever country the server is placed. America isnt it? So 21.

Tapchou
25th March 2009, 08:53 AM
Calculating how much you have sabotaged and displaying it is not something you will see while RoC is on this server, this is due to it taking on average 1 minute to calculate for an average sabber.

~Tapchou

zeshan
25th March 2009, 09:05 AM
1) Make the UP upgrade either more expensive for the higher upgrades or limit the Up till 30k as was last age. Last age the UP was completely fine, this age however its wayyyyy to much.

2) As sonata said, make sabbing spy tools easier then what it is. As right now, its much more easier to sab SA/DA then spy. This makes it difficult to hurt pure spy/sentry account. Keep the doubles though, its nice, but maybe make it a bit more difficult to achieve, currently its a bit easy ;)

3)Make probes more powerful by killing off a % of coverts at each strike.

4)Remove the randomness of SA and DA when attacking someone, currently its 10% or something and still is wayy to big.

the changeable base page and the last attacked idea is nice too ;)

KyleCias
25th March 2009, 02:27 PM
It should be depending on the ammount of CC's you put in, you have a certain chance of winning. So you add 10 ccs into the pool of 1000 ccs, you have a 1/100 chance of winning.

However, thats gambelling and then you would have to be over the legal age in whatever country the server is placed. America isnt it? So 21.

we get people join up the mass growth gamble by entering 1000 CC. No less or no more than 1000 cc. The randomness for finding the winner also can be done on server time 23:00. Where people are more relaxed on activities.

We dont really need to call this a gambling. we can name it growth booster. :)

zeeshans post

1) Make the UP upgrade either more expensive for the higher upgrades or limit the Up till 30k as was last age. Last age the UP was completely fine, this age however its wayyyyy to much.

if age2 is going to be a long age then please increase the UPs with average UP upgrade costs. if you want the activities to be lower than now then reduce the UPs so the battlefield gold will be lower.

zeeshans post
3)Make probes more powerful by killing off a % of coverts at each strike.

omg the sab system now is great so far. I dont think editing it again will cause more troubles to people. The battle system is a bit balanced, but you guys can tune it up by adding 0.10% of the covert dies during a battle.

=========
for mobile banking do add remember signing instead of signing every 30 minutes. its really annoying :P

stonewall
26th March 2009, 02:20 AM
Calculating how much you have sabotaged and displaying it is not something you will see while RoC is on this server, this is due to it taking on average 1 minute to calculate for an average sabber.

~Tapchou

make it a premium feature and use off rank update time to do it . It would be a nice premium feature if you could sort by alliance day even target

Tapchou
26th March 2009, 03:06 AM
make it a premium feature and use off rank update time to do it . It would be a nice premium feature if you could sort by alliance day even target

Rank update takes long at the moment and adding more stress to it would not be a good thing to do. We are talking about how we could do it, if we did plan on adding it into the game. But for now, it's something that we would like to add but it would not be a good idea to add it in this moment in time on the current server.

~Tapchou

stonewall
26th March 2009, 05:04 PM
Rank update takes long at the moment and adding more stress to it would not be a good thing to do. We are talking about how we could do it, if we did plan on adding it into the game. But for now, it's something that we would like to add but it would not be a good idea to add it in this moment in time on the current server.

~Tapchou

use off rank update time to calculate that would also help with the lag if alliance ranks were computed at a different time than rank update .

gibsorz
26th March 2009, 07:45 PM
definately spies need to be killed off during attacks...make a 5*1 actually effective against people other than those who dont know how to train people to strike soldiers

Tapchou
26th March 2009, 11:48 PM
use off rank update time to calculate that would also help with the lag if alliance ranks were computed at a different time than rank update .

Still takes on 1 minute (ish) for the average sabber, just something that we are thinking about. But don't get your hopes up :redface:.

~Tapchou

stonewall
27th March 2009, 09:55 AM
Still takes on 1 minute (ish) for the average sabber, just something that we are thinking about. But don't get your hopes up :redface:.

~Tapchou

use a running total then only the new sabs need to be added and maybe only update once or a few times a day just suggestions to reduce server load since it's not a game necessary feature . Let the people who want to pay for it as a premium feature decide if it's worth it .

lol tap i'm just trying to figure a way for it to work because i'm to lazy to post to bot :p but 5$ a month i'd pay

gunners74
29th March 2009, 07:32 AM
Just with the influx of accounts who leave it alone for whole age, only to pick it up and burn a couple of tousand turns, make them go inactivea fter a week or so.

Keneva
12th April 2009, 09:12 AM
Just with the influx of accounts who leave it alone for whole age, only to pick it up and burn a couple of tousand turns, make them go inactivea fter a week or so.

Inactive = not signing in at all?

I'm not very active in-game because my real life hasn't given me time the past few months to sign onto IRC and have fun with the account and interact with other players. However, I do spend pretty regularly, and when I've had time, I've used some turns (with some spy help from lovely alliance folks). I'm thinking/hoping it's not my kind of account you're thinking about... just checking. :)

skynet
13th April 2009, 03:15 AM

~Tapchou

are you going to provide a summary of the totals sabbed for all active accounts at the end of the age.. can you do that? it would be interesting to see those total stats :)

Ninaelyan
13th April 2009, 03:59 AM
How about a global unit production system (in addition to the personal UP upgrades) based on a percentage scale of the average unit production value? Something that would start small and gradually increase naturally as the age progressed.

R1DD1CK
13th May 2009, 06:20 PM
Is their any chance of having the in game clicker's number pad put beneath and central to the captcha images, rather to the left of the captcha.
It would speed clicking up a ton and would extend my ability to click before my eyes get sore. Too much of this http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/deaver1/animatedeyes6.gif Makes my eyes feel like this

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/deaver1/animatedtwoeyes.gif

Cheers :)

Vrasp
13th May 2009, 10:57 PM

~Tapchou

Sounds like a lot of info to be storing O_o, but why would you need to calculate it every time? I'm not down on all these website programmings, but eh, couldn't you just have like, a value in a person's account like "sabamount{victim'sID}" which increases each sab, then it just looks up your sabamount for that ID and places it on the person's page when you visit it?