PDA

View Full Version : Firefox problem

Phyrus
5th September 2004, 10:52 PM
Well ill explain what happened

i play a game called dark throne which is online. i went to view a player profile as someone had reported it for spam that the user had put onto his profile, there was another profile i went to view too when everything just stopped loading, as in whenever i tried to click a link, refresh or even click back, nothing would work.

i then closed firefox, then when i re-opened it, it asked for profile settings, i fixed this then suddenly all the settings, interface, everything i had saved onto the browser had been deleted as if the browser was newly installed and never been used before :mad:

i fixed some things up, but havent been able to retrieve everything ... :( things i wanted and things i needed are now gone, but im lucky some things are still active on IE.

anyone have even the slightest clue of what might have happened?

Perad
6th September 2004, 03:55 AM
I have firefox, and that has never happened to me, sometimes a page doesn't load, so i just use IE. But i have never lost data etc.

Spirited
6th September 2004, 04:17 AM
Is it that you have opened a different profile (which would have the default settings rather than your customised ones). Sorry I can't be of more help, I haven't had problems with Firefox.

Spirted

Loco_Loco
6th September 2004, 04:33 AM
I have firefox, and I play dark throne, and this has never happend to me! Sorry! :D

Phyrus
6th September 2004, 06:54 AM
its fine now, one of my friends helped me to fix it, apparently FF crashed and the parent.lock file didnt auto disappear when i closed the browser window.

problem fixed (and this thread can be closed now omega.)

Kerry04
10th September 2004, 04:02 PM
Tytrox, or someone else: what does the parent.lock file mean? And if you go into Task Manager -> Processes, and end firefox.exe, does this fix it? I've had this problem a lot before.

.lock files are explained in the manual -omega