PDA

View Full Version : Deamon tool problem (need help please)

BiZzy-BoNe
11th December 2004, 04:05 AM
i recently installed Deamon tool (my friend gave it to me) and i didn't really had a clue what i did so i installed it and messed around with it but than i decided to remove it and i did.

When i try to play my new game called: rome: total war it trys to load it but than gives me this error: CD/DV emulation software has been detected. Please Disable all CD/DV emulation software and re-start the game

While i removed it completely... Can anyone please help me. THX

TomUML
11th December 2004, 08:05 AM
Your in this boat with alot of people. This is something I have been receiving a good amount of calls on and there alot with people who have used Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, CloneCD and Nero InCD and experienced it. Unfortunatly, I have not had the oportunity to see one of these systems myself. But i have heard of 5 fixes.

1. If you have Nero installed which is a popular CD burning program, it may have also installed InCD which does have CD emulation. You can uninstall InCD without disrupting Nero by using Add/Remove Programs.

2. You could obtain a no-cd crack of the game
http://www.gamecopyworld.com

3. Look on your task bar at the bottom right of your screen (next to the clock). Locate the CloneCD tray icon (or start it up from the windows start menus), which can be a picture of two CD-ROMs or of a sheep's head. Right Click on the icon and make sure "Hide CD-R media" is un-ticked. Restart the game application.

4. load up regedit and look for these 2 keys. If they exist, remove them and try running your game again.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Settings
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Slysoft\CloneCD\Setting s

5. You could re-install your OS.

BiZzy-BoNe
11th December 2004, 09:07 AM
THX alot m8 ;)

I will try it out and will report in here if it worked. THX

TheOne
12th December 2004, 02:04 AM
Try re-installing it and making sure you have all virtual drives set to 0.
Check your my computer to check for partitions\drives that shouldn't be there.

BiZzy-BoNe
12th December 2004, 11:06 AM
it seems like cloneCD was the badboy in this story :)

i removed cloneCD (i never used it anyway) and 2 games are working properly againt. THX all